Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH3D Kingdom Hearts at Tokyo Game Show 2011

- FF-Reunion has written up the complete KH3D trailer in detail, and sqexgal has translated it. You can read this below.

It starts in Yen Sid’s room, Yen Sid sits in his chair behind his desk, Sora and Riku stand across from him. They appear in their KH2 outfits, but Riku’s hair is short.

Yen Sid: From here, you two will take the Mark of Mastery Exam.

Sora, surprised: Even without taking it, no one can beat me!
Riku, facing downward: Having walked the path of darkness, I wonder if it’d really be right for me to wield the Keyblade. You’d have to make sure.
Sora: Riku…

Yen Sid: Let’s open the keyhole of sleep. If you return back to this place, then I will consider you Masters.

Sora on a balcony, opens his eyes.

Sora: Huh, where is this place? My clothes changed! More importantly, where’d Riku go?
Sora leans over the balcony and calls out in a loud voice: Heeeey! Riiiikuuu!
A mysterious boy descends from a rooftop in ambush: You’re so loud, stupid Noise.
Sora is surprised and jumps off the balcony.
Neku: You’re Sora…

Yen Sid: A large number of Heartless reside in the world of darkness. Instead, in the world submerged in sleep there exists a particular key. That is, creatures who consume dreams known as the Dream Eaters. Searching for the Dream Eaters will guide you to the key of sleep.

(Battle action sequences of Sora are shown.)

Neku, showing Sora the scarlet mark on his hand: This is from the Game. All the participants have it engraved upon them. I can’t afford to lose this Game!

Sora: I don’t really get ‘the Game’, but maybe I can lend a hand?

The scene changes to the world of Notre Dame.

Riku is speaking with Quasimodo who is holding Esmeralda: Quasimodo, where did the creatures go?
Quasimodo: To the rooftop of cathedral.
A Dream Eater with wings like a butterfly descends upon them.
Quasimodo: Me too, me too, I’ll fight too!

The scene returns to Neku and Sora in a plaza inTraverse Town.

Sora, facing Neku: Come to think of it, I didn’t ask your name.
All of a sudden several Dream Eaters appear around them!
Neku with surprise: Dream Eaters!
Sora: That’s a weird name.
Neku, pointing at the Dream Eaters: Not me, those!

Yen Sid: Opening the keyhole of sleep, along with finding a new power, the power locked in sleep will become revealed as well.

The trailer continues, showing the AR capabilities of playing with the Dream Eater pets, it’s a lot like Nintendogs. Maybe you’ll be able to raise them up too?

In a laboratory somewhere, a researcher has collapsed.

From this person’s POV, Xigbar becomes visible.
Xigbar: Xehanort! Have your memories returned?

From the view of the person referred to as Xehanort, a Keybalde appears before his eyes.

The screen then blacks out theatrically, displaying Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, Spring 2012.

- sqexgal has provided a detailed summary of Sora's scenario in the KH3D demo, thanks to Famitsu. You can read it below.

Loaded with new elements and the appearance of a new character!? Kingdom Hearts 3D Play Report from TGS 2011

At Tokyo Game Show 2011, Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance is being exhibited in Square Enix’s Booth. We present a play report of both Sora and Riku’s scenarios.

Sora crosses paths with that guy!?

Tokyo Game Show 2011 is taking place at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, September 15 to 18, 2011. At Square Enic’s booth the world premiere of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance (from here on out, KH3D) demo is being exhibited. Here we’ll report our experience trying out the demo.

We’ll start off with a summary of the game. KH3D is an action RPG and the first of the Kingdom Hearts series to appear on the Nintendo 3DS platform. This time there are two main characters, the series star Sora and his best friend Riku.

In the demo you can choose between Sora and Riku’s scenarios. Not only are the two main characters to choose, but the worlds, enemies, and interacting characters are different so you get considerably unique experiences with each.

The first person we tried out was Sora. The scenario takes place in the familiar Traverse Town; however there are two new areas to explore, District 4 and District 5. Sora appears here and encounters none other than Neku, the main character of It’s A Wonderful World (The World Ends With You)! It’s the first time in the Kingdom Hearts a Square Enix character other than the Final Fantasy characters has appeared. It seems Neku is wandering around the area in search of a partner, though it’s a different place, I wonder if we will see more partners like Shiki and the others from Wonderful World (TWEWY) appear here too…?

When Neku separates from Sora, he advances and runs into the new enemy, Dream Eaters! Surrounded by the colorful enemies, I move to attack them by barraging the buttons. The attack operations are very crisp as it’s been with the KH series before, but the new system is a refreshing change. Using the “Free Flow Action” ability, you can swing around and round the poles and jump kick off the walls. You can see that the motions are clearly advanced, but it’s so easy to operate. When you press the Y button you can “Slide” (like a mini dash), if you’re in front of a pole you automatically begin swinging around it. Or if you are in front of a wall, you can pounce right off it. Furthermore, if you press A during “Free Flow Action” you can switch to a “Free Flow Attack”. These high speed actions are very exhilarating, it’s like all the action you expect of the KH series but amplified! But if you get too excited and continue to press the Y button, eventually he’s going too fast and you lose control of Sora. Luckily, even if you lose control you are still taking down the enemies. Once you are used to the hectic style of Sora flurrying about, you’ll no doubt gain more control and enjoy it more.

Earlier I wrote that the Dream Eaters were the enemy this time around, but in truth that isn’t correct. There are two types of Dream Eaters, there are those that appear as your enemies and those that appear as Sora and Riku’s companions. The companion Dream Eaters fight alongside you as AI, but if you fill the “Link Gauge” and touch the bottom screen (or press L+R+ A buttons at the same time), you can ride the Dream Eater and together with Sora do a cooperative attack. Additionally, if you activate both companions at the same time you can do the “Dual Link” ability, an even stronger technique. In Sora’s “Dual Link” technique, the Dream Eaters combine into one large one which he rides quite comically.

sqexgal has provided a detailed translation of Tetsuya Nomura's tweets. Read them below.

Long time no tweet, it’s Nomura. Tomorrow will finally be general admission for Tokyo Game Show, the premier demo for Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance has been prepared for it. There are 3 systems that you can experience firsthand; I’ll explain them a bit.

Free Flow Action

You can perform various bold actions by pressing the Y button depending on the terrain whether it is a wall, street post, handrail, etc. will allow you to kick off the wall, spin around the pole, or slide across the handrail.

For example, when you use the Y button to jump kick off a wall, you can press the Y button again to glide through the air for a longer period of time. Keeping it up, when you encounter a new object you can press Y again to perform a new action. Additionally, during Free Flow Action you can use a strong attack by pressing the A button, jump high with the B button, etc.; please discover the various Free Flow Action abilities!

Free Flow Action Simple Explanation

Press Y and fly towards an object > Continue actions by pressing Y > Use a strong attack with the A button or jump high with the B button. *In case you have trouble doing the Free Flow Action, try jumping in front of a target with the B button and then pressing Y.

Reality Shift

When you are fighting, a different cursor may be displayed on enemies and barrel like objects on the top screen. When that happens, press the X and A buttons at the same time and then look at the lower screen, you can now perform a special attack. In short, attack > wait for cursors to appear > press X and A at the same time.

Dual Link

In this game your companions will be the monsters called Dream Eaters, in the demo you start off where you already have 2 companions. When you fill up their gauge, the Dream Eaters’ icons flash. If you press their blinking icons on the bottom screen, you can initiate a cooperative attack with them. If you save up both their gauges, you can utilize them both at the same time for an especially strong cooperative attack.

That is the explanation of the 3 new systems being introduced. I’ve left out the details, but above all please try at least one of them in the demo. Moreover, I think you’ll all enjoy them.

Famitsu have posted a video of Sora's scenario in the KH3D demo. Click here to view/download the cropped version in HQ! Thanks to target="_blank">Churro for the tip.

- Siliconera has provided a detailed summary of Sora's scenario in the KH3D demo. You can read it below.

There were two demos of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance to play at Tokyo Game Show. Riku’s was set in the Hunchback of Notre Dame world while Sora (decked out in a new costume) was in a familiar locale, Traverse Town. (Note: the menus look nothing like the trailer Square Enix released earlier this year.)

Sora calls out for Riku, but meets Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You instead. Neku jumps down from the roof a building and explains his situation. Just like the Nintendo DS game, he’s trapped in a game and shows Sora the timer on his hand. He needs a partner to play and Sora, kind as usual, offers to help. I thought this would be the perfect point to add Neku to Sora’s group. Surprisingly, Neku rejects Sora saying he’s weird. Determined to help, Sora chases after Neku.

Traverse Town had monsters to fight, but Sora had nothing to fear. At least for the demo, Sora was beefed up with powerful attacks like Final Break, which can cover half the screen. Players can switch special moves by pressing up or down on the d-pad. Attacks automatically change after you use a move and recharge overtime. The A button was for regular keyblade swipes, B made Sora jump, and Y was for the rotating command.

Donald and Goofy weren’t around, but Sora had computer controlled teammates. Monsters, actually. His partner characters in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance were a pink panda roughly the size of the pudgy heartless from the originalKingdom Hearts and a dog with a unicorn horn called a Wondanyan. These critters attack on their own and even fight their own kind. I watched as my panda pummeled another. No explanation was given on how or if you can capture more dream creatures. These two were just assigned to Sora’s party.

Each dream creature has a special attack called a Dual Link, which you can activate by pressing an icon on the touch screen. The panda grabs Sora and spins him around, kind of like that dual tech with Robo and Crono called Cyclone Sweep. The Wondanyan has an amusing team attack where Sora rides the monster and bounces around as if he was on a pogo stick. I crushed an enemy or two using this attack, but I suppose you can use this dual link to avoid enemies too. Dual Links have different recovery times, the panda’s recharges considerably faster than the Wondanyan. Dual Links are tied to creatures and they each have their own Dual Link meter.

Posted ImageI climbed up Traverse Town’s rooftops and used Sora’s grind move to slide down railings until I found a better way to travel. Sora can fly too if you hold down the B button.

A large boss was waiting at the end of the level, which tripped the camera up at times.Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distancehas a lock-on feature, but I found rotating the camera myself worked better. While locked on, the camera would sometimes zoom in too much or an object would get in the way. A few Final Break and panda cyclones later and the boss was defeated. The demo ended with the Wondanyan doing a little shimmy.

I played the game in 3D and like other Nintendo 3DS titles it seems like you’re looking into the world rather than seeing objects leap out of the screen. That may be for the better since fights in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance can get frantic.

- Tetsuya Nomura has posted on the target="_blank">official Kingdom Hearts Twitter. Thanks to target="_blank">FF-Reunion for the tip. Here is a translation by andriasang.com:

Free Flow Action
These are the "flashy" actions Nomura has mentioned in the past. By pressing Y, you can make your character kick off walls, swing around poles, slide down rails, and so-forth. You can string together these actions. You can also connect into other moves -- pressing A or a powerful attack, or B for a jump.
Reality Shift
When you're attacking enemies, objects and enemies will sometimes be highlighted with a cursor. Press X and A simultaneously, and you can perform special attacks through the lower screen.
Dual Link
In DDD, you fight along side demons known as "Dream Eaters." In the TGS demo, you start off with two of these in your party. As you build up a gauge, the Dream Eater's icon will begin to flash. Tap the icon on the lower screen, and you'll be able to do a team attack. You can also team up with both Dream Eaters simultaneously.

Tetsuya Nomura first says that it has been a long time. Then, he invites everyone to experience KH3D at TGS 2011, and says he will explain the system a little. Street lamps, handrails, etc can be grabbed by pressing the Y button. This way you can jump kick the wall and rotate on the pole, showing a variety of bold action. It is possible to fly through the air longer when you click the Y button.

By clicking Y continuously, you can jump between walls. This can lead to a strong attack from the A button, and with the B button you can jump large. This shows a variety of free flow action. You can go to the bottom screen by clicking the A and X buttons at the same time, which will begin a special attack. Your two companions will link with you, and you'll have a Dream Eater Earn gauge. You can get a tandem attack Dream Eater if you touch the icon of the bottom screen while flashing.

Please check out our summary of TGS 2011 below, and make sure you look at the "Videos" and "Images" in particular. Exciting stuff! Keep checking back for more.

--------------

Tokyo Game Show 2011 runs from September 15 to September 18. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance has appeared with a new demo and trailer. This is a summary of our coverage of the event. If you have comments, leave them in our TGS coverage thread, or make a topic in the Kingdom Hearts 3D forum.

What next? Trailer?
There's still 2 days left of TGS 2011! There WAS a trailer shown, however, it has not appeared online yet. Keep checking back regularly as the trailer is sure to show up soon. We are also expected to get more demo impressions and possibly even more information. In the meantime, check out the gameplay videos below.

What We've Learnt
- KH3D will release in Spring (between Feb and May) 2012 in Japan.
- KH3D will be compatible with the 3DS Slide Pad.
- Neku from The World Ends With You will appear in Traverse Town.
- Sora and Riku have new clothing, Riku has new hair.
- The trailer contains a cutscene from Xehanort’s point of view-- the camera faces Braig who says, “Has your memory returned?”"
- The new enemies are called "Dream Eaters", and Mark of Mastery exams take place in "a world buried in sleep".
- Sora and Riku have pets, named Wandanyan and Koumori Bat.

Videos
- GameSpot plays as Riku in The Hunchback of Notre-Dame world (part 1). Click here to view/download.

- GameSpot plays as Riku in The Hunchback of Notre-Dame world (part 2). Click here to view/download.

- Tetsuya Nomura plays as Sora in Traverse Town. Click here to view/download.

Images
- The poster advertising KH3D. It shows Sora and Riku with their pet companions in Traverse Town, as well as the release date, Spring 2012.

- Various screenshots and renders of KH3D. You can see Sora and Riku clearly in their new clothing, with their respective companions Wandanyan and Koumori Bat. You can also see Sora talking to Neku in Traverse Town.

- A diagram explaining the control scheme for KH3D.

Impressions
- Famitsu have provided a summary of the KH3D trailer. This is Truthkey's translation.
- 1UP have provided a summary of the KH3D demo.
- Famitsu have provided a summary of the KH3D trailer. This is Neogaf's translation.
- Famitsu have provided a summary of the KH3D trailer. This is sqexgal's translation.
- krexia from KHInsider has provided a detailed summary of the KH3D demo. Click here to read it.
- IGN have provided a summary of the KH3D demo. Click here to read it.
- Siliconera have provided a summary of Riku's scenario in the KH3D demo. Click here to read it.
- sqexgal has translated a demo impression from GameWatch, where they discuss various gameplay aspects including the Reality Shift.
- sqexgal has translated a demo impression from Dengeki Online, where they discuss various gameplay aspects.

---------------------------------------

Tokyo Game Show 2011 runs from September 15 to September 18. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance has appeared with a new demo and trailer. This is our coverage of the event. If you have comments, leave them in our TGS coverage thread, or make a topic in the Kingdom Hearts 3D forum.

- We have reuploaded both videos from GameSpot, and added them to our video archive. To view/download the 1st GameSpot demo gameplay video, click here. To view/download the 2nd GameSpot demo gameplay video, click here.

- sqexgal has translated a demo impression from Dengeki Online, where they discuss various gameplay aspects. ( target="_blank">source)

Sora’s scenario takes place in Traverse Town, a place familiar to the series. Here Neku, the main character from DS title “It’s A Wonderful World” (The World Ends With You), appears. Though this is his debut appearance, I had looked forward to see them working together in the original series. For fans of Wonderful World (TWEWY), you definitely won’t want to miss it. In Riku’s case, he goes to the world of the Bells of Notre Dame called “Le Cité des Cloches”. Both Sora and Riku are accompanied in battle by friendly monsters called Dream Eaters.

It seems that this time Sora and Riku’s skills have improved some since they can use abilities like Glide and Air Slide with ease. Also like in the previous series, you are able to slide on handrails at high speeds. Now when you are doing the Air Glide ability, you can press the A button to jump kick a wall or spin on a pole, depending on the terrain. Since I hit the buttons repeatedly, and a staggering amount of action takes place, it’s super fun even if I’m only taking out the small fries.

As for the new system, when you press the A and X button at the same time the lock on marker changes during battle, the battle stops and an emblem appears on the lower screen. When you connect them with the touch panel, you invoke the “Reality Shift” attack. The way that Sora and Riku invoke the “Reality Shift” are each unique and the effects from it are different too, but both of them create strong attacks.

This time I was able to clear the bosses in both scenarios. Since both bosses were difficult, it was a challenge to use the Dream Eater companion abilities among other elements. As for the play impression of the two of them, Sora is more of a speed type while Riku is a little more of a power type. This game is coming Spring 2012. With Neku making a surprising appearance among other reasons, I look forward to seeing what sort of story unfolds this time.

- sqexgal has translated a demo impression from GameWatch, where they discuss various gameplay aspects including the Reality Shift. ( target="_blank">source)

As the first title of the Kingdom Hearts series for the 3DS, there are high expectations and for the first time in the world, a playable version is on display for the public. Since the crowds are expected to be very congested on the general admission days, if you’d like to try it out you are best off arriving early. When you try out the demo, you’ll have a choice of playing either Sora’s or Riku’s scenario.

Sora’s scenario, takes place in the series familiar “Traverse Town”. Sora seems to be separated from Riku when an orange haired boy appears. The boy is participating in some sort of game and is looking for a partner. There is a timer counting down engraved on the palm of his hand indicating the game is in effect. Riku’s stage is “Le Cité des Cloches” where Quasimodo from the Bells of Notre Dame appears.

One of the biggest characteristics of the series is how easy it is to play and create a bright, flashy display of action in battle; and that’s apparent within 10 minutes of playing this title. What was particularly fun was utilizing the “Free Flow Action” option which allows the player to do abilities like gliding, kicking off walls, and swirling around poles in an instant, creating high speed action. Since it offers the most refreshing action elements of the series with the capability to move limitlessly through the sky while unleashing a flurry of attacks, you could say that the action aspects have evolved remarkably.

The method of utilizing the lock on markers has changed. By pressing the A and X button at the same time, you can invoke a “Reality Shift” which makes use of the touch panel screen and changes the operation mode of Sora and Riku. Since the battle can be interrupted while invoking a “Reality Shift”, you can mess with the touch panel screen without becoming impatient. The other uses of the touch panel include directing your 2 companion creatures called the Dream Eaters. Since all you have to do to put them in action is touch their icons, it seems that they will become powerful weapons in battle.

Furthermore, from the trailer shown in the open mega theater, we can confirm that there is an AR function that allows you to playfully interact with the Dream Eaters. Not only is the action enjoyable, but it seems there are various systems to look forward to in this title.

Thanks to target="_blank">Gamespot we have two gameplay videos of Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop distance - featuring Riku! You can view these below. Check back soon if you wish to download them as we add them to our comprehensive video archive.

- Siliconera have provided a detailed summary of Riku's scenarion in the KH3D demo. ( target="_blank">source).

Riku, who has a new look with short hair, begins the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance demo in the Hunchback of Notre Dame world. He sees Quasimoto clutching an injured Esmeralda. As soon as I got control of Riku, I ran into weak enemies and hit them by pressing A for a basic attack. The other attack changes depending on which moves you have in a deck. You can rotate through spells like Dark Fire, Cura, and Blizzaga plus techniques such as Dark Breaker by pressing up and down on the D-pad. The slide pad makes your character move, B is for jump, and L/R rotate the camera.

I figured it wasn’t worth fighting vanilla monsters with Esmeralda wounded, so I ran straight to the next area. A mini-map on the bottom screen lets you know where to go and it’s possible, at least in the Tokyo Game Show demo, to run past enemies.

You have to fight bosses and Riku’s side has a purple-ish lizard with a square torso. Maybe it’s something like a purple dragon bursting out form a colorful cardboard box. The monster flies all around the screen, which may have been a challenge in previous Kingdom Hearts games, but not Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Riku can fly too by holding B and has no problem hovering in the air.

I flew towards the boss prepared to use Dark Breaker and noticed a bunch of nodes encircling the battlefield. Hit one of these and you can connect the nodes by drawing lines on the touch screen. This sends Riku barreling on the path you created, useful for closing distance when you’re up against tough monsters. All of the flying and high speed action made Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance feel like it has a touch of Dragon Ball Z.

I beat the boss by using basic attacks and waiting from the monster to think its closing in on me. After I defeated it a Wondernyan, a puppy like dream pet you can control, showed up and wagged its tail before the screen that thanked people for playing the game. We’ll talk more about partner characters when we share impressions of Sora’s story later this week.

- The full KH3D poster containing screenshots of the game, and renders of Sora and Riku's new design, has been posted in full and high quality. Click to view.

- IGN have provided a summary of the KH3D demo. (source)

Apparently taking a squirrel-type creature and combining its power with a panda-type creature nets you one incredibly large, powerful and fat panda that proceeds to crush all enemies under its immense girth. The moment I managed to get Sora to execute a Dual Link with his two allies, I knew the TGS Kingdom Hearts 3D demo would please me greatly. For those of you not as concerned with fat pandas, there's plenty else about the latest chapter of Square's Disney franchise to keep your interest.

The primary enhancement to the Kingdom Hearts formula is a very fast, very chaotic agility mechanic that allows your lead character to essentially bounce off of walls, grind on rails and slingshot off of poles. That movement is chained into an attack system that, while chaotic, feels great and controls wonderfully. It'll take you a few minutes to really get a grasp of all the faculties at your command, including allies (see: fat panda) and special "deck" attacks, but once you do, you'll feel like a total badass.

At this point the game's biggest hindrance is that it's almost too chaotic and too fast. Having Sora surge forward for an all-out assault is a sight to behold... until you can't see him because the camera can't keep up or doesn't know how to properly track the action. L and R can rotate the camera, and there is a lock-on system which definitely helps, but I ran into several instances where the game wasn't quite sure how to deal with the constant wall-jumping.

Beyond that, Kingdom Hearts 3D is shaping up nicely. Visually the game is certainly looking strong - think good PlayStation 2 graphics on a small screen. (That's not a bad thing, honestly.) The 3D depth is also effective though not necessarily essential. One other interesting fact is it appears another Square franchise is finding its way into Hearts. Neku, from The World Ends With You, appears in an opening scene in Sora's half of the TGS demo. (The other half involves Riku, though you're effectively doing the same activities in a different Hunchback of Notre Dame setting.) He runs off before anything of real substance occurs, and you don't get to play as him, but no doubt fans of the critically-acclaimed series are going to be thrilled regardless.

- krexia from KHInsider has provided a detailed summary of the KH3D demo. You can read it below. ( target="_blank">source)

SORA'S SCENARIO

We start off with Sora back in Traverse Town. He's got new clothes but... he apparently doesn't know why! It seems he's been separated from Riku, and Sora immediately yells out for his friend. It's then that we first see Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You. Neku promptly tells Sora to shut his noisy mouth and asks if he is a participant in the "Reapers' Game". Since Sora doesn't have the countdown stamp on his hand like Neku, it appears he is not.

Sora heroically offers his help to Neku as a friend. Neku retorts that Sora can't make friends that easy, to which Sora replies that it is easy. Neku then promptly dashes off into Traverse Town in midair in a cloud of sparkles.

It's here you gain control of Sora, fighting through Traverse Town. The X button on the 3DS is your "freeflow" button, which will allow Sora and Riku to do all sorts of crazy and fast maneuvers such as bouncing off of walls and swinging around poles. The idea behind this mechanic is freedom of movement based around objects in the environment.

While in freeflow you can attack by pressing the attack button, and it will be contextual to where you are in freeflow. It's particularly flashy and fun to execute. However, it seems that the camera is a bit slow with keeping up with these maneuvers.

Commands are structured just like Birth by Sleep and Re:coded in which you can cycle through abilities. Use one and there will be a cooldown before you can use it again. You get the idea.

At the end of Sora's scenario he fights a boss. The boss can described as boxy with long arms. It can attack from a distance by shooting it's arms into the foreground. This looks particularly impressive in 3D.

After the boss is defeated, Sora's scenario ends.

RIKU'S SCENARIO

We see Quasimodo carrying Esmerelda towards the cathedral of Notre Dame when we first visit Le Cité des Cloches (The City of Bells). Riku is with them and also sporting a new outfit and shorter hair. It seems he is protecting them.

Riku battles inside the cathedral, and you can freeflow between the pillars inside. It's important to note that Sora and Riku are now accompanied by new companions we've seen in the keyart. Sora's companions are described as a panda-like creature and a smaller more "squirrely" companion. Riku's companions are described as something resembling a unicorn and a bat.

When the group reaches the top of the cathedral, Riku's boss fight begins. It's a winged flying boss, and for this fight Riku is able to fly. You must jump up to the roof and chase it in flight around the cathedral. This is also impressive looking in 3D.

- target="_blank">GameRabbit have supplied photos of the KH3D demo being played, which can be seen here. Also, they have shown a poster describing the control scheme for KH3D.

- More screenshots, and a clear view of Sora and Riku in their new clothing has been shown. Click here to see it. Thanks to target="_blank">Siliconera.

- Famitsu have provided a summary of the KH3D trailer. This is sqexgal's translation.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Releasing Spring 2012 in Japan

The trailer begins with Yen Sid’s voice explaining the circumstances of the adventure taking place this time around. It seems Riku and Sora will be contending to finally become Keyblade Masters. It takes place in “the world submerged in sleep”, but the details are still unknown. Also, the enemies are called Dream Eaters, goblins who consume sleep.

Once again, Sora descends into Traverse Town, calling in search for Riku, when he hears the voice of a new character say, “The Noise are horrible…” The guest character appearing is Neku, the headphones toting main character from “It’s a Wonderful World” (The World Ends With You). It seems Neku is caught in the Reaper’s Game, where if you cannot complete the mission given by the Reapers, your existence will be eliminated. But he doesn’t have a partner; it seems Sora may be lending him a hand?

Then suddenly the round form of an adorable creature appears. That creature is shown rolling about on the flat top side of a hand using the camera function. Just like a puppy, you can see it’s belly. Seems you can pet it using the touch pad, it looks so cute when it’s eyes light up! It seems Sora befriends it, riding upon it during battle and hopping around upon it. Also, it’s so speedy it’s hard to tell what’s happening, but since the original concept of the title is “bold action”, it seems that the battles are more refreshing than anything in the series so far!

There is also a surprise in the final scene. There is a cutscene from Xehanort’s point of view, the camera faces Braig who says, “Has your memory returned?” Maybe this will be one of the memories explained in this title.

- SCREENSHOTS. Sora talking to Neku in Traverse Town, click below to see it in our gallery. Thanks to target="_blank">Superphi. (direct image link)

- Famitsu have provided a summary of the KH3D trailer. This is Truthkey's translation.

In the trailer you hear the voice of Yen Sid telling you that this adventure is going to take place in a different setting. It seems Sora and Riku are finally going to perform the mark of mastery. The location it's taking place in seems to be "a world buried in dreams" but details about it are unknown. Also, there are monsters that eat these dreams, called "Dream Eaters". Also, when Sora falls down to Traverse Town tries to call out for Riku when
the voice of a new character says "That noise was the worst...". Wait, those headphones!! No one would have thought the guest character would be Neku from "The World Ends With You"!

Then a weird living thing with a cool form appears on the screen. It looks like a dog. then the rest of the text is just saying stuff about "bold action" And then the last batch is about the cutscene with Xehanort. Lastly, a scene from Xehanort's point of view, where he sees Braig talking to him asking him if his memory has returned.

- 1UP have provided a summary of the KH3D demo. ( target="_blank">source)

Neku appears as a guest character in Sora's side of the TGS demo -- though not a playable guest. Both Neku and his rival/friend/frienemy Riku team up with captured dream-monsters this time around rather than fighting alongside licensed characters. Neku's role is more that of the Disney-world guests from previous games. He shows up, reveals that he's caught in a "game," leaving him 43 minutes to win or die. Naturally, he asks Sora to be his partner but ultimately decides the tousle-haired protagonist is "a weird guy" and takes off. Sora follows, riding rails in pursuit of Neku, but quickly encounters a boss battle set in a cul-de-sac of Traverse Town.

Both sides of the demo (Sora and Riku) are essentially the same, really: A brief story set-up, a few set encounters, and a boss fight. Riku interacts with Quasimoto from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is admittedly less interesting than Neku; on the other hand, Riku has a double-jump, which is always great. The demo is just enough to give a feel for what KH3D adds to the series. While the camera is still a hyperactive mess that makes boss battles a pain (all the 3DS's buttons are used, so there's no lock-on system that I could find), everything else about the game feels significantly improved over previous Kingdom Hearts. The action is fluid and smooth, with much more refined combat. Fighting enemies feels less like combo-driven button mashing that locks your hero into canned animations than in previous installments, and your skill set has been improved considerably. Both demo characters possess a standard repertoire of magic skills such as Cura and Blizzaga, which are activated and cycled through as they were in Birth By Sleep, but they also can perform special Dual Link attacks with their partners by pressing Y.

Dual Link skills are context-sensitive and seem to vary according to your current partners, enemies, and positioning. You can pull off different skills while on the ground or in the air. A key part of these skills seems to be something called (inexplicably) Holy Rope, which are a series of nodes placed around battlefields. Pressing A and X while near one of these Holy Rope points freezes the action and allows you to use the touch screen to draw connections between points on the area map, which then sends Sora or Riku dashing through the air along the prescribed course. Using the Holy Rope paths to intersect foes allows you to pull off standard or special attacks while they're otherwise out of reach.

The TGS demo of Dream Drop Distance is fairly brief -- about 20 minutes to complete both portions -- but shows a game that looks and plays beautifully.

- Famitsu have provided a summary of the KH3D trailer. This is a translation ( target="_blank">source)

Okay part of the story in KH3D is about "the world buried in sleep" where Sora and Riku perform their mark of mastery. The enemies in the game are Dream Eaters, which are creatures who eat your dreams. The round dog-like thing is indeed a pet companion in the game, and it can be seen floating around Sora and following him around as he performs actions in battle. It's extremely cute, and you can interact with it using the camera function (AR) and the touchpen. At the end of the trailer is apparently a scene from Xehanort's point of view, where he sees Braig talking to him asking him if his memory has returned.

- KH3D confirmed for a "Spring 2012" release in Japan. Click to gallery below to see the poster, where you can also see Sora and Riku in their new clothes. The trailer can also be seen playing in the background.

- According to Siliconera, KH3D will contain characters from The World Ends With You.

The TGS demo has two parts. In Sora’s episode, you start in Traverse town. Sora calls for Riku, but finds Neku instead who is hanging from a roof. He jumps down and shows Sora the number on his hand and mentions he needs a partner to play the Reapers’ game with.

- Nintendo held a conference prior to TGS, and at this event, Nomura was shown playing the KH3D demo. Click here to view/download it. The demo takes place in Traverse Town, and we see both Sora and Riku with unknown party members.

- Live-stream of TGS!
flashvars="cid=5692963&autoplay=false" width="480" height="296" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

- Sony held a conference prior to TGS, and while KH didn't appear, they did however announce a Final Fantasy X remake for PS3 and PSVita.

Check back soon for lots more!

Now, when you say ¨September 16¨, do you mean in Japanese time or American time? Because the 3DS Conference took place on Sept. 13 in Japan, but was streamed the day before here in the U.S. If you are going by tne Japanese time, technically, we could get new news by today, right?

Either way, so excited!

...........Waaaaaaaaiiiiiit a minute......that's Nomura's hands I'm lookin' at play the demo??? I thought that was just some random person....he sounded really excited/surprised when playing it.....> >

*squints* And I barely see Riku. e.o

are we gonna be able to stream TGS on this website? if not, can someone tell me where i can? thanx!

The Tokyo Game Show is a Game show (by show, I don't mean TV show, I mean it's a showcase of them at the event), with lots of venues for new games and whatnot in Japan, so it's a bit difficult to stream it. There's conferences there, but the Sony and Nintendo ones (which were the only two streamed online that I know of) have ended. :/

I'm sure KH13 will be sure to have all the latest Kingdom Hearts info from the show as quick as possible though!

The Tokyo Game Show is a Game show (by show, I don't mean TV show, I mean it's a showcase of them at the event), with lots of venues for new games and whatnot in Japan, so it's a bit difficult to stream it. There's conferences there, but the Sony and Nintendo ones (which were the only two streamed online that I know of) have ended. :/

I'm sure KH13 will be sure to have all the latest Kingdom Hearts info from the show as quick as possible though!

Thank you, I appreciate it! And yes I'm sure as soon as there's Kingdom Hearts news, being a trailer or release date we'll find out here asap :)

i dont think its nomura but if it is thats cool but hey i think it doesnt really matter whos the one playing what matters is whats being shown on the 3DS and just look at that it looks awesome and i can bairly see the bottom screen but from what i could see it looks like the same party members that sora has on the top screen are also on the bottom screen but idk we'll have to see a better one either today or tomorrow lol

I knew Braig would return, he is one of Xehanort's seeds afterall. lol

Also, I need to change my pants again. Looks like I'm going to be washing my clothes this weekend.

Neku appears as a guest character in Sora's side of the TGS demo -- though not a playable guest. Both Neku and his rival/friend/frienemy Riku team up with captured dream-monsters this time around rather than fighting alongside licensed characters. Neku's role is more that of the Disney-world guests from previous games. He shows up, reveals that he's caught in a "game," leaving him 43 minutes to win or die. Naturally, he asks Sora to be his partner but ultimately decides the tousle-haired protagonist is "a weird guy" and takes off. Sora follows, riding rails in pursuit of Neku, but quickly encounters a boss battle set in a cul-de-sac of Traverse Town.

Click the image above to check out all The Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance screens.

Both sides of the demo (Sora and Riku) are essentially the same, really: A brief story set-up, a few set encounters, and a boss fight. Riku interacts with Quasimoto from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is admittedly less interesting than Neku; on the other hand, Riku has a double-jump, which is always great. The demo is just enough to give a feel for what KH3D adds to the series. While the camera is still a hyperactive mess that makes boss battles a pain (all the 3DS's buttons are used, so there's no lock-on system that I could find), everything else about the game feels significantly improved over previous Kingdom Hearts. The action is fluid and smooth, with much more refined combat. Fighting enemies feels less like combo-driven button mashing that locks your hero into canned animations than in previous installments, and your skill set has been improved considerably. Both demo characters possess a standard repertoire of magic skills such as Cura and Blizzaga, which are activated and cycled through as they were in Birth By Sleep, but they also can perform special Dual Link attacks with their partners by pressing Y.

Dual Link skills are context-sensitive and seem to vary according to your current partners, enemies, and positioning. You can pull off different skills while on the ground or in the air. A key part of these skills seems to be something called (inexplicably) Holy Rope, which are a series of nodes placed around battlefields. Pressing A and X while near one of these Holy Rope points freezes the action and allows you to use the touch screen to draw connections between points on the area map, which then sends Sora or Riku dashing through the air along the prescribed course. Using the Holy Rope paths to intersect foes allows you to pull off standard or special attacks while they're otherwise out of reach.

The TGS demo of Dream Drop Distance is fairly brief -- about 20 minutes to complete both portions -- but shows a game that looks and plays beautifully. Square hasn't formally announced a U.S. release date for KH3D, but the notion that they wouldn't localize such a sure hit is enough to get a man laughed out of the room. Honestly now

Source - 1UP