Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingOFHearts

KH3D Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance in Famitsu this week.

According to target="_blank">andriasang.com, this weeks Famitsu contains an interview with Tetsuya Nomura regarding target="_blank">Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. In the article, Nomura comments that Dream Drop Distance is "60 to 70 percent complete and due out in Spring 2012". Our translator sqexgal has translated some of the interview contents from target="_blank">Honkanko-Alt. target="_blank">You can read the whole translation below. The article scans below are thanks to target="_blank">Toma_Kisaragi and KHInsider.

Introduction

The “World Submerged in Sleep” is said to be connected to dreaming, it can be opened by unlocking the “Keyhole of Sleep” that exists in that world. Instead of Heartless, in this world there exist creatures that devour dreams called Dream Eaters. There are two kinds of Dream Eaters, those that consume dreams and plant nightmares and those that eat only bad dreams. Investigating the Dream Eaters becomes the key guiding to the “Keyhole of Sleep”.

Yen Sid says to Sora and Riku, “When you unlock the Keyhole of Sleep and return once more to this place, you’ll be acknowledged as Keyblade Masters.” It is with these words that the adventure takes off.

From the trailer, we can confirm that Sora and Riku have new outfits and that Riku’s hair is cut. The Keyblade that Riku uses is “Way to the Dawn”.

Traverse Town

Two new areas are introduced, “District 4” and “District 5”.

In the lit up streets of this place the “Reaper’s Game” is taking place.

Character: Neku Sakuraba
A 15 year old boy who grew up in Shibuya, Tokyo first introduced in The World Ends With You. He is accompanied by a cat type spirit called “Neko Cat” whose tail is like a music note. He has strayed from his partner and since Neku says that having a partner is necessary in order to win the Game, Sora helps him out, though he doesn’t really understand the Game.

Dream Eaters

There are two types of Dream Eaters, your enemies called “Nightmares” and those that fight alongside you as companions called “Spirits”.

Spirit: Koumori Bat
It is a furry bat like Spirit. It is the first Spirit that Riku has.

Spirit: Wonder Cat
Though it’s hard to see what part of it is cat like, it’s a plump animal with a blue back and a white belly. It’s the first Spirit that Sora has.

Nightmare: Kuma Panda
It’s a panda with bear like claws that wears a short cloak and a slightly atrocious glare.

Nightmare: Torpedo Fish
This fish flies midair. Overall it’s about as long as Sora?

Nightmare: Wonder Cat
The Nightmare version, it’s slightly more sinister with red eyes and body and it’s black back.[/indent]

Looking at the screenshots, it seems that Nightmare and Spirit versions of each.

(I’m skipping the system parts, I’ll come back to it after the interview.)

Interview

Interview with series director Tetsuya Nomura.

About the story

• Nomura drew the illustration featured at the TGS booth in a hurry. He drew the Dream Eaters that would be your companions.
  • Nomura drew the new outfits according to how the Osaka team wished. They’re like their older outfits with minor changes.
  • They are versions between KH1 and KH2, which become the outfits for this title.
  • Riku’s hair grew during the time he was away to show the passage of time, now his hair is cut immediately after that.
  • The “World Submerged in Sleep” is a complex story, but there were worlds other than those that Sora restored in KH1, some that were not submerged in darkness. Like the worlds of the princesses and Dumbo’s, etc. In the end of KH1 it was established that some of those worlds were restored, but not all of them. Those that were neither in light nor in darkness, but those that were submerged in sleep.
  • Since those worlds are essential asleep, the dreams of those worlds become the setting.
  • Sora and Riku will travel to those worlds to awaken them from their sleep.
  • When a world is awoken from it’s sleep, it will be restored to it’s original form.
  • This title involves taking an exam in order to qualify for the Mark of Mastery, so it’ll also be concerned with events that took place in BBS.
  • All the Disney worlds appearing wil be new, and there will be new areas in existing worlds.
  • Temporarily taking on their KH1 forms, they’ll enter into the worlds of sleep . Additionally, Yen Sid says that in order to become a Master, the self taught way that they use the Keyblade will be reset and that it is necessary they learn how to use the Keyblade appropriately from the beginning. When they request to take the exam, Sora says he doesn’t need it, but since Riku has been overwhelmed by darkness before he doesn’t have the self-confidence. Also, Sora and Riku will be taking it together.
  • The opening of this title will be in Xehanort’s point of view. Additionally, there will be a surprise unlike anything seen before in the last scene.

About Dream Eaters

• The Dream Eaters do not approach anyone and consume dreams in the World of Sleep where there are no Heartless. If Sora/Riku don’t use the power of the Dream Eaters, they can’t go to the other worlds.
  • Their abilities too are related to the Dream Eaters.
  • The Dream Eaters were designed not to be traditionally cute, but to have charm that couldn’t be disliked. Wonder Cat was drawn to share that idea.
  • The mark of the Dream Eaters started with a heart as the base and the image of tremors. Nightmares have that sort of bad feeling.
  • The mark above your own Dream Eaters shows your ownership, it’s also displayed on the map. The boss fights are elaborated in a different direction, where you’ll have to use the map’s characteristics to your advantage. For instance, the floor will break out from under you and the field area will expand. Using the map, you’ll be able to identify your location quickly in that sort of situation.
  • The color scheme is new this time; it’s more pastel unlike what we’ve done before. However, you’ll be able to change the colors of your companion Dream Eaters.
  • The leveling up of the Dream Eaters is directly related to the growth of Sora and Riku. So far we’ve only seen 2 at a time in battle, but if you give it your all you’ll be able collect all the types.
  • Nomura isn’t quite sure off the top of his head, but there are dozens of Dream Eater types.

About Neku

• Neku’s appearance in Traverse Town was by special means that have to do with his reason for being there. He’ll show up in District 1, etc.
  • Beginning in Traverse Town as usual you’ll meet your party member, but since I wanted to put in a fresh character, we put in Neku from The World Ends With You.
  • This time Traverse Town is constructed around the reason that Neku and co. have come. He has been separated from his original partner Shiki.
  • We’ll go into more detail about Shiki and the others in a follow up report.
  • Concerning a sequel to The World Ends With You, there may be something going on.
Abilities and 3D Vision
  • The Reality Shift ability in Traverse Town has Sora sink to the bottom screen where he can aim at the enemies. It’s different in each world, and Riku’s ability is different too. In Riku’s Reality Shift you can touch the bottom screen to connect enemies and objects in a line creating chain that Riku will attack following along on the upper screen.
  • The way Sora and Riku interact with their companion Dream Eaters is different. Sora can ride atop the Dream Eaters and be thrown off, while they serve as power ups to Riku.
  • Like shown in the TGS demo, Sora can have two companions at the same time and use them both to do the Dual Link ability where the two Dream Eaters combine into one big Wonder Cat. Filling up the gauge, you’ll be able to use the Reality Shift and Dual Link abilities successively.
  • Since the concept of the game was bold action, this title really makes use of the Free Flow Action ability. Though you have a lot of battle options, with this alone you can do many actions like spinning around and jump kicking depending on the terrain.
  • Since it’s hard to watch even in 2D because the movements are so intense, in 3D your eyes may become tired after playing for a long time. There is depth in the 3D vision, when Sora jumps out of the screen, it’s almost becomes a burden to one’s eyes. I think it’s probably best to use the 3D vision during cutscenes.
  • There will be multiplayer functions, we’ll explain more in a follow up report.
Final Notes
  • KH3D is set to release Spring 2012 in Japan.
  • It’s currently about 60% to 70% complete.

.......IwillnotspoilthisgamewhenitcomesoutIwillnotspoilthisgamewhenitcomesoutIwillnotspoilthisgamewhenitcomesout......... @A@

IdontwanttoeitherbutImustnoIwontahhwhocaresilldoitaweekin.................

.......IwillnotspoilthisgamewhenitcomesoutIwillnotspoilthisgamewhenitcomesoutIwillnotspoilthisgamewhenitcomesout......... @A@

I know the feeling...

I wasn't a KH fan when BBS came out so I spoiled the hell out of me.

But I can actually get this game @.@

I'm so EXCITED.

I just know that when the game comes out in Japan I will d/c from every Kingdom Heart source till the game comes out in Europe. Kingdom Heart games feel a lot more awesome when you just have the teases from the trailers! :P

I just know that when the game comes out in Japan I will d/c from every Kingdom Heart source till the game comes out in Europe. Kingdom Heart games feel a lot more awesome when you just have the teases from the trailers! :P

me 2 btw well......er but the U.S.A.

Ohh a sequel to TWEWY?

Since there are diffrent types of dream eaters does that mean we can switch them around like we do with Keyblades? That reminds me...will this world have new Keyblades for Sora and Riku (or at least Sora)?

Ohh a sequel to TWEWY?

Since there are diffrent types of dream eaters does that mean we can switch them around like we do with Keyblades? That reminds me...will this world have new Keyblades for Sora and Riku (or at least Sora)?

That's what I wanna know. owo!

<p>

Temporarily taking on their KH1 forms, they’ll enter into the worlds of sleep . Additionally, Yen Sid says that in order to become a Master, the self taught way that they use the Keyblade will be reset and that it is necessary they learn how to use the Keyblade appropriately from the beginning. When they request to take the exam, Sora says he doesn’t need it, but since Riku has been overwhelmed by darkness before he doesn’t have the self-confidence. Also, Sora and Riku will be taking it together.

</div>

Uhuuu, they won't be young for too much time.

And I just knew they would take some training for using the Keyblade properly, one can't just pick a sword and go swinging it around and think it's OK.

What does it mean to spoil a game, anyway?