Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ha Zweiokopf

Anime | Manga Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is it's own thing?

Yeah but sticking true to my unpopular opinion, the first series captures the feeling of the manga better, so I'd recommend either start with that or read the manga first and then watch brotherhood after getting the mangas more emmersive and better paced feeling.

I'm glad I'm not alone. Personally I liked the original one more then brotherhood.

Edited by Robbie the Wise

I shall be Referring to Fullmetal Alchemist as FMA and Brotherhood as FMAB

So I would recommend watching brotherhood due to it being the true canon but if you really like FMA you should just watch both series but If you go from FMA to FMAB you may see a lot of plot points where you would be like but I already saw this, though the plot in FMAB have a bit more detail

They are both good,but Brotherhood is the superior version and its closer to the manga so I'd recommand watching Brotherhood and if you really like it and you want more then watch the original Fullmetal

Both are very good, but Brotherhood glosses over a lot of details in the beginning that are pretty important as motivations to the main characters. The original anime does a better job at covering these events.

I'd recommend watching the 2003 anime first, at least up til episode 20 or so(look it up where the canon stops), or reading the first few manga's. The original anime is an absolute drag to watch through if you've already seen Brotherhood, because the pacing is slower and more akin to the manga.