Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
PrinceNoctis

Kingdom Hearts III alledgedly not getting worldwide release

According to IGN France, Nomura said in a recent interview with famitsu that Kingdom Hearts III would not be getting a worldwide release. Basically, Japan should be getting the game first and the time between the japanese release and the release for the rest of the world is unknown. Take this information with a grain of salt since the famitsu article has not been sourced by IGN France and there are no translations to prove they are telling the truth. However, it is more likely that KH3 will get a release similar to that of KH2.8. For some reason, everyone assumed that KH2.8 would be getting a worldwide release and that's probably not the case. The trailer said "December 2016 Worldwide". For all we know, Japan could be getting the game on December 1st and NA & Europe could get the game on December 31st. It's still a worldwide release in December 2016, just not the one we expect.

*EDIT: I know, it's "allegedly" not "alledgedly"...my first language is french, gimme a break.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

I'm thinking this may be the article IGN was referring to? 

Third bullet from the bottom "Nomura anticipates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous."

That kind of matches up with how you're describing what IGN France reported, if so that's pretty good information to know, not necessarily a world wide release but close enough haha. 

I'm thinking this may be the article IGN was referring to? 

Third bullet from the bottom "Nomura anticipates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous."

That kind of matches up with how you're describing what IGN France reported, if so that's pretty good information to know, not necessarily a world wide release but close enough haha. 

THIS is what I believe was meant by "not a worldwide release". I do recall Nomura saying that 2.8 might not be a simultaneous release, but since it'll still release within December, I am willing to bet that they will be released weeks within each other. KH3 might very well get a similar release, with Japan getting it first but the rest of the world getting it within the same month or so.

Not that I necessarily think a simultaneous release is impossible, but I'm also okay if we have to wait a bit. It's a different world out there with feedback interacting with game development, and if they need a bit of extra time to polish and tweak for an international release, so be it.

If we'll have to wait a few days, or even a week, then it's fine. However more than that would be too much, in my opinion. We just have to wait and see, and hope for the best. The fact that 2.8 comes out everywhere in the same month is a good sign: not even a month of difference, unlike the past KH titles.

According to IGN France, Nomura said in a recent interview with famitsu that Kingdom Hearts III would not be getting a worldwide release. Basically, Japan should be getting the game first and the time between the japanese release and the release for the rest of the world is unknown. Take this information with a grain of salt since the famitsu article has not been sourced by IGN France and there are no translations to prove they are telling the truth. However, it is more likely that KH3 will get a release similar to that of KH2.8. For some reason, everyone assumed that KH2.8 would be getting a worldwide release and that's probably not the case. The trailer said "December 2016 Worldwide". For all we know, Japan could be getting the game on December 1st and NA & Europe could get the game on December 31st. It's still a worldwide release in December 2016, just not the one we expect.

I've read the interview and you are blowing things out of proportion, wayyyyy out of proportion.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/tetsuya-nomura-discusses-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-8-iii-more

Nomura indicates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous in when it releases.

SLIGHTLY earlier, like a couple of days or a week. It's better than 2-3 months.It's not gonna be a huge difference and December 31st? No gaming company with common sense releases a game on new year's eve, that'd never happen. Can you guys not even wait a week? C'mon, patience now, it's not hard to stop watching youtube for a few days.

Edited by Shinobi Palace

I've read the interview and you are blowing things out of proportion, wayyyyy out of proportion.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/tetsuya-nomura-discusses-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-8-iii-more

Nomura indicates that Kingdom Hearts III may hit Japan slightly earlier than the rest of the world, but it will be nearly simultaneous in when it releases.

SLIGHTLY earlier, like a couple of days or a week. It's better than 2-3 months.It's not gonna be a huge difference and December 31st? No gaming company with common sense releases a game on new year's eve, that'd never happen. Can you guys not even wait a week? C'mon, patience now, it's not hard to stop watching youtube for a few days.

I'm not blowing things out of proportion, I'm just reporting what I read on IGN France. The December 31st thing was a random example not an actual theory, I know that won't happen I'm not dumb. I was just trying to say that as long as 2.8 is released in December in Japan AND the rest of the world...than it's a worldwide release in december. No matter how long we have to wait between the japanese release and the other ones. Nobody said we were getting impatient and mad...All I said is, don't expect to have it on the same day Japan gets it. How is that blowing things out of proportion?

Could you provide a link to the page? I would do it myself, but I don't know what to search for as I don't know French. I'll use Google Translate from there.

http://fr.ign.com/kingdom-hearts-iii-ps4-1/15566/news/kingdom-hearts-3-sortira-dabord-au-japon

Translation:

"KINGDOM HEARTS III WILL RELEASE IN JAPAN FIRST

Bad news for occidental Kingdom Hearts fans: the third entry will be released in Japan first.

Kingdom Hearts III will not get a worldwide release, that's what Tetsuya Nomura, the game's director, confirmed to the Famitsu magazine. He explained that Japanese fans would be the first to get their hands on the highly anticipated title - using Unreal Engine 4 -, before it's released in other territories without giving details on the time that will separate the two releases.

This news comes as a surprise since Square Enix has been reducing the wait between their game releases as much as possible. There's the proof: Final Fantasy XV will be getting a worldwide release on September 30th for PS4 and Xbox One.

This brand new episode in the saga mixing the universes of Disney and Square Enix in an action-RPG doesn't have a release date yet,  but is expected to release on PS4 and Xbox One."

Their article says the wait time between the releases hasn't been detailed but a lot of people are saying the opposite so...I'm guessing they got wrong info. 

Lol that's old news, we've had that interview here on kh13 for a month now

I read it but I guess I skipped that part 

All I said is, don't expect to have it on the same day Japan gets it.

Uh, the game is being developed in Japan so yeah they're gonna get it first. That's not a new concept. 

Anyone who has been playing the Pokemon games from the beginning, which is a large percentage of the world, has never expected otherwise. 

That being said, the release date is not known then? My stepfather told me a while ago that it was being pushed back, but perhaps he misread something?  

Edited by FinalRest