Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axtwyt

Info | Sign ups DISSIDIA -Zero- RP ~Sign-ups~

Name:Ruby Rose
Original Appearance:RWBY first Appearance being in the Red Trailer
Side:Cosmos
Weapon:Crescent Rose is Ruby Rose's signature weapon. It is a High-Caliber Sniper-Scythe (HCSS) - a hybrid between a scythe and a sniper rifle. As its name implies, Crescent Rose's frame is colored rose red with black trims, with its large scythe blade forged into a crescent shape. Ruby's crest is engraved onto the circular swivel frame of the weapon.

The most notable property of Crescent Rose is its converting frame, which allows it to transform between three different modes:

A "storage" mode, its most compact form convenient for transportation, stored underneath Ruby's cloak at her waist.
A "rifle" mode, where it takes the form of a medium-length, bolt-action rifle. In this form, the absence of the scythe makes for more effective use of the rifle component.
A "scythe" mode, its most expanded form, where it fully extends into the form of a scythe, allowing it to be used as a mid-to-close-range bladed melee weapon. This form also doubles as a long barrel sniper rifle for long-range shots without giving up the melee capabilities of the scythe. If needed, the bottom of the shaft can unfold to add more cutting power in a close-range fight.

It is implied by Ozpin that a scythe-wielder of skill equivalent to either Ruby or Qrow Branwen would be necessary. In particular, the user would have to deal with Crescent Rose's massive recoil.

Rather than compensate for it, Ruby harnesses the recoil to enhance her mobility in combat, firing shots to propel herself short distances, simultaneously attacking and evading opponents. She also uses her weapon's recoil to launch herself into the air, as demonstrated when she is launched into the air by Weiss Schnee while facing the Nevermore.

In melee combat, Ruby can fire a shot immediately before a swing, using the recoil to increase the force and speed of her attack. She can also embed the scythe's blade into the ground to prevent the weapon's recoil from throwing off her aim with the sniper rifle component, allowing for rapid, accurate shots.

Hyperdrive
The "unfolded" scythe form
The scythe also has a small, hook-like, double-pronged, jagged blade at the bottom of the shaft. Ruby can manually unfold the scythe by hooking the end of the blade on something, allowing for both the normal blade and the two prongs to slice enemies at the same time for more power. In this form, the muzzle is also rotated 90 degrees which enables the recoil to rotate Ruby instead of launching her forward increasing the slicing power drastically. The scythe can also be thrown in such a way that it returns to the user.

Crescent Rose is able to use different kinds of Dust ammunition, as shown in the "Red" Trailer when she used Gravity Dust after reloading it with a Gravity Dust magazine.
Appearance:Posted Image
Ruby appears as a young, silver-eyed girl dressed in a black blouse, a black waist cincher with red lacing and a skirt with red trimmings, completed by a red, hooded cloak. She is currently the youngest character in the series. Her entire outfit is made up of various shades of red and black with black as the primary color on the main suit and red on the cloak. Even her shoulder-length hair is black with a red tint to it.

As of her second appearance, Ruby has cross-shaped pins holding her cloak to her shirt. Around her waist is a belt which holds large cartridges (possibly .50 caliber or comparable) in individual loops, as well as a magazine pouch. In the "Red" Trailer, as well as the promotional logo for RWBY, she has a silver cross on her belt, but it was eventually changed into a silver version of her rose emblem.

Ruby's physical appearance resembles the Little Red Riding Hood archetype, which is further reinforced by the appearance of the Beowolves in her trailer. Director Monty Oum confirmed that she indeed alludes to, but is not based on, Red Riding Hood.
Bio:Personality
Monty described Ruby as being “innocent” and still a “little sister.” Most of Ruby's personality is shown through her childish nature, as well as her fighting style. She is shown to be impulsive, naïve, and innocent, but when necessary, she can be serious and dependable. In "Battle of Beacon" and "Heroes and Monsters", Ruby can remain quite stoic in the face of a very dire situation, even following a traumatic event.

Ruby is a self-proclaimed dork when it comes to weapons; she is quite intelligent, having designed and built Crescent Rose during her time at Signal Academy, although she admits to going "a little overboard" with its design. She feels that seeing new weapons "is like meeting new people, but better". She seems to be fascinated by any type of weapon, even robots, as seen when she became entranced by James Ironwood's presentation in "A Minor Hiccup". Monty has said that she relies on Crescent Rose quite often in battle, which implies that her weapon is the primary source of her confidence in battle.

Ruby has a strong sense of moral justice, a trait she obtained from stories about heroes and monsters that her sister used to read for her, as well as the way her parents raised her in childhood. These stories are what gave her the ideals that she wished to live by and uphold throughout her life, and are the reason for her love for books. Because she is shown to be childish even when in class, she tends to study by herself to cover the necessary knowledge.

Ruby is shown to be naïve, as although she doesn't like to be the center of attention, becoming a Huntress has effectively put her in the spotlight. In addition to her dislike of attention, Ruby prefers to either be alone or with Yang. However, she has become comfortable with Team RWBY and Team JNPR. She does not lack social skills but has problems when meeting new people. This is mostly because of her childish nature and lack of social grace, as she can be bad-mannered (only out of ignorance) and sometimes speaks without thinking. However, because of her enthusiastic personality, she can become very good friends with people who share her enthusiasm.

Although she is highly skilled in battle, Ruby seems reckless and impulsive, attacking on sight instead of thinking the situation through beforehand, as seen during her first fight alongside Weiss Schnee. Also, Ruby at times doesn't seem to analyze the battlefield at all or take the time to study an opponent, such as when she attacks a Death Stalker on sight before learning of its high resistance to bullets and blades. She seems to lack experience when it comes to fighting as a team, as she demonstrates almost no coordination with Weiss during their fight with a pack of Beowolves in "The Emerald Forest, Pt.2". (However Later shown she has learned to work with people she knows well even forming combination attacks.)

Despite this, Ruby's leadership skills make her a worthy teammate. As a leader, while she may occasionally act without thinking, her decisiveness and dedication as one have been apparent on numerous occasions. Examples such as Team RWBY's battle with the Nevermore in the initiation, and her hard studying in late hours until dosing off in the middle of the task, respectively. She holds selfless beliefs as a dedicated leader which she would pass down to Jaune Arc, who took the lesson to heart, giving him a newfound sense of responsibility for his team's welfare.

Ruby is also shown to care for all her teammates equally, regardless of their race or background. This is seen in how she expresses sympathy for Weiss' bad childhood after she explains her family's history with the White Fang. She shows the same concern moments later for Blake Belladonna when she runs away, after revealing herself as a Faunus. Ruby's concern is further expressed in her desperate search for her teammate. This sense of empathy is later shown not to be limited to her teammates. She also shows some worry for Penny Polendina, telling the latter to stay out of the fight between Blake, Sun Wukong, and Roman Torchwick.

Ruby is seen to have a dislike for formal attire, that being dresses and heels, as shown in "Burning the Candle" during the dance, where she wanted to change back into her hood, and even complaining about how it's possible for Weiss to fight on heels, despite Yang telling Ruby that she looked beautiful in a dress.

Background
Ruby is the daughter of Summer Rose and Taiyang Xiao Long, as well as the younger half-sister of Yang Xiao Long, with whom she was raised on the island of Patch.

Special abilities:Going back to the video up above and if you watched Ruby you know her skill with her Scythe is perfect.
Semblance
Ruby’s semblance allows her to dash with unnatural speed in whatever direction she chooses at the cost of aura. This happens so fast she sometimes gives off the illusion of teleporting.
She has displayed the ability to use this semblance midair, as well as to create a powerful whirlwinds that can suck in and knock away objects and foes caught by it. 

Notably, whenever she uses this semblance, she leaves off a trail of rose petals in her wake that dissipate over time. It is unknown what causes this, but these rose petals are not merely symbolic and can be perceived by others, as shown by Weiss who once waved her hands to brush them away.

Silver Eyes
Through her mother, Summer, Ruby comes from a line of legendary warriors who possessed powerful abilities related to their silver eyes, said to be an ultra rare trait. Upon seeing Pyrrha die in "End of the Beginning", Ruby accidentally uses this power in her grief and freezes the Dragon. However, she has no memory of doing this. Later in the episode, Qrow describes a fairy tale about warriors with silver eyes who are so powerful that even the Grimm fear them.

The full extent of this ability is still unknown and Ruby has yet to master it but based on events times of hard stress or a tramatic event like someone she cares or is trying to protect dying in front of her has the chance to bring out this ability.

Quote:

"She's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she'd dreamt about being the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day, and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today."-Yang about Ruby

Name a Superhero with an alternate/secret idenity:Garfield Logan(Beast Boy)

Edited by TheKeyofRose

Huh . . . was this posted on a Wiki?  If not, kudos to you for being a dedicated Ruby/RWBY fan, and it would be nice to see Ruby run about and beat the snot out of folks in this RP.  What side is she on?  Cosmos?  Chaos?  Neutral?

Huh . . . was this posted on a Wiki?  If not, kudos to you for being a dedicated Ruby/RWBY fan, and it would be nice to see Ruby run about and beat the snot out of folks in this RP.  What side is she on?  Cosmos?  Chaos?  Neutral?

Cosmos. I had to look it over again.

Funnily enough, I entirely overlooked it.  =P  Looks good and sounds apt, as Ruby is quite the nice lass.  I'm looking forward to her debut!

I'm very confused...why would anyone be mad at you?

Well, for Kiana, I left a message for her about Elsa. It said like this. "Poor Lisa. If her mom kept going insane, the darkness will overtake her. :( (At least that what I think. I could be wrong though.)"the reason why I said the last part is because I don't know if "going insane" lead the person into the darkness since I'm autistic and dumb. Kiana said to me."What made you think that? "Going insane" doesn't lead you to darkness." Or something like that. I thought she was mad at me, so I deleted the message. She's in a bad mood right now. As for everyone... maybe it's because since I get depressed most of the time, they got tired of me. (Well, I really don't know) so that's why....

Well, for Kiana, I left a message for her about Elsa. It said like this."Poor Lisa. If her mom kept going insane, the darkness will overtake her. :( (At least that what I think. I could be wrong though.)"the reason why I said the last part is because I don't know if "going insane" lead the person into the darkness since I'm autistic and dumb. Kiana said to me."What made you think that? "Going insane" doesn't lead you to darkness." Or something like that.I thought she was mad at me, so I deleted the message. She's in a bad mood right now. As for everyone... maybe it's because since I get depressed most of the time, they got tired of me. (Well, I really don't know) so that's why....

Yeah, well Kiana doesn't seem to take suggestions well either.Besides, the way Elsa was going could have led her to darkness.

So.. what should I do? Should I leave or no?.. :

I really wouldn't worry.  I doubt that Kiana is upset with you, and if you'd like you could ask her when she gets back.  It was probably just a misunderstanding, as you really didn't do anything wrong.  I'd say you should stay, because the rest of us enjoy you being around. :)

I really wouldn't worry.  I doubt that Kiana is upset with you, and if you'd like you could ask her when she gets back.  It was probably just a misunderstanding, as you really didn't do anything wrong.  I'd say you should stay, because the rest of us enjoy you being around. :)

*sigh* alright.... I'll stay. *small smiles*