Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Mysterious Figure

New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue screenshot released

March 28th, 2016 marks the 14th anniversary of the release of Kingdom Hearts in Japan. In order to commemorate this anniversary, the Japanese Kingdom Hearts twitter account posted a short "Thank You" message from series director Tetsuya Nomura. Along with the message comes a brand new screenshot of Daybreak Town from Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. You can view the screenshot and a translation of the tweet thanks to Aru Akise below:

Posted Image

It's been 14 years since the birth of KH. It's now the same age Sora was when he first departed on his adventure. It's all thanks to all of you who've been supporting us for so long. Thank you so much. I leave you with the Daybreak Town, which is under development from 2.8. Please, continue supporting us. - Nomura

What do you think of the new screenshot? What are some of your favorite Kingdom Hearts memories from the past 14 years? Let us know in the comments below!

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Toominator

Wow, Daybreak Town's 3D render looks like the Kingdom of Corona. 

I think it's probably a shot of it in the early morning or late evening

Early morning. Hence: Daybreak Town. Like Twilight Town. 

One reason I love this world. :D It's beautiful.

I think it's probably a shot of it in the early morning or late evening, but I think this is pretty awesome none the less! Good way to celebrate the 14th anniversary of the first Kingdom Hearts! 0/*

Daybreak town at dawn, Very clever.

the question is, is this screenshot playable or just a part scene in unchained x?

They said it's from 2.8, which means Back Cover, which means cutscenes.

When I was a kid beating the KH2 prologue and realizing I could play as Sora again. When I first beat the Twilight Thorn. I found it extremely hard as a kid. When I beat Demyx, Xaldin, Xigbar and Xemnas for the first time. When I finally defeated Riku in Hollow Bastion after many tears and nearly broken controllers. And more recently when I played the final mix versions of the games for the first time because of the HD Remixes

I would write down my thoughts on the image but I have already done so in the form of a video, so feel free to listen in. :)

Edited by AzureAce

This is amazing. Hope all the worlds and characters of chi are transformed wonderfully into 3D models like this one in Back Cover, also does this mean that dry season is over?

Beautiful screen of Daybreak Town! And now I'm starting to wonder: Could Unchained X or even 2.8 be part of Square Enix's lineup at PAX East. After seeing it, I'm convinced that both games do have a chance.