Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

What's your favorite anime that is based off of a video game?

Steins;Gate

The anime is flat out fantastic, better than every other anime I've seen. About as perfect adaption you could get when taking a 30 hour visual novel (about that length anyway) and turning it into a 26 episode anime. Also has an amazing English dub.

The game is even better, of course, but that's more a testament to the high quality of the game than any lack of quality in the show.

Kingdom Hearts! Oh wait, that didn't quite happen....it should tho. Especially with all of the hype they are generating lately. They would have an audience in like 5 seconds flat. I mean who knows, now that they know what the stories in all the other games are they might even be able to tweak the pacing a bit to fit a show format much better.

But anyway, since I don't really have much other frame of reference, I guess I can only say Sonic X. I know it might not be the best of anime, but for what it was it was okay. Yeah, 4Kids has a tendency to not direct their casts too well, which is a shame because most of them are pretty decent, and a lot of the lines they give them can be a bit ...well, 4Kids-y, and the animation is on-again/off-again way more times than I can count (it's like it's constantly switching between the best and worst of deviantART with no rhyme or reason), but overall I felt like I had a generally positive experience with the show. I might have a bit of nostalgia in my eye, but I don't think it was anything damaging, it was a decent introduction to what would be Sonic and the gang's new voice for the next 8 or so years and with it a bit more of an anime-esque style of storytelling to the games. Whether that was your cup of tea or not, guess there isn't much I can do to persuade you, but I for one actually liked the more anime-esque Sonic that was around from 2005 to 2009. There were some few cringey moments (but again, which Sonic actor hasn't had any, really?), but when it was good, it was GOOD. And I like to thank this show for giving me something to enjoy for at least a good half of a decade.

Nothing against Ryan Drummond or Roger Craig Smith or anything, I just happen to like Jason Griffith more. That Sonic was just my childhood, that's all. Plus between the hip radical doode of Drummond and the dude-bro snarky self-awareness of Smith, I feel like Griffith was a little more of a balance with a bit more of a cocky heroic sort of vibe, which I feel fit his character a bit better. I mean he was still adventurous with a bit of an attitude, but he always made it known that he genuinely cared, with the OCCASIONAL wisecrack here or there. But again, most of that is just due to the writing at the time. At the very least they all delivered a good Sonic in my book.

....was I supposed to be talking about anime?