Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KingdomHeartsFan2100

KHRecoded A question about Coded.

People ask when Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out. Wouldn't coded be considered KH 3 because it comes after kingdom hearts 2 cronologicaly? I am just wondering, because I have been wondering about it, it does have a major part of the series. So that's why I am asking.

Pretty much all the Kingdom Hearts games have something important to contribute to the series. But no, Coded does NOT count as Kingdom Hearts III. First of all, if it were in essence KH3, Square Enix would call it KH3 (Notice how they started with Kingdom Hearts, and later made Kingdom Hearts II even though technically Chain of Memories is the chapter that occurs directly after KHI and was in fact released before KHII). Also, if it were KH3, it would most certainly not be put on the DS. It would be on a proper console that you hook up to a screen, probably on a PlayStation of some sort (I'd prefer it on the PS2, but it's really old, so the PS3 could be a possibility unless SE's looking for something more marketable). Coded is more of an in-between chapter like Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. Birth by Sleep is also major, but it's a prequel to the whole series.

Pretty much all the Kingdom Hearts games have something important to contribute to the series. But no, Coded does NOT count as Kingdom Hearts III. First of all, if it were in essence KH3, Square Enix would call it KH3 (Notice how they started with Kingdom Hearts, and later made Kingdom Hearts II even though technically Chain of Memories is the chapter that occurs directly after KHI and was in fact released before KHII). Also, if it were KH3, it would most certainly not be put on the DS. It would be on a proper console that you hook up to a screen, probably on a PlayStation of some sort (I'd prefer it on the PS2, but it's really old, so the PS3 could be a possibility unless SE's looking for something more marketable). Coded is more of an in-between chapter like Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. Birth by Sleep is also major, but it's a prequel to the whole series.

I believe coded is being made for mobile phones not the DS.

it is not for the phones its called Kingdom hearts Re:Coded and it will be for the DS

Actually Coded is a new breed of sequel it occurs after KHII however it later proves to be before the after credits scene where Kairi brings the letter so logically it occurs during the credits, I've coined the term "creditquel" (similar to an interquel) to label this game's sequel status. 4 years and not one game after KHII

Coded was made for a certain mobile phone in Japan, but I'm talking about Re:Coded DS. I referred to it just as "Coded" because it seemed that the user was asking about the KH chapter itself, not which version it was.

People ask when Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out. Wouldn't coded be considered KH 3 because it comes after kingdom hearts 2 cronologicaly? I am just wondering, because I have been wondering about it, it does have a major part of the series. So that's why I am asking.

Well it could be considered KH3 because it comes after KH2 cronologically, but it isn't KH3