Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Fire Emblem Fates Discussion Thread

After the release of Fire Emblem Fates a few days ago in North America, I thought it might be fun and helpful to get a discussion thread going for those of us playing through the game. If anyone wants advice for something in the game (Either path), has a question about a game mechanic, wants to battle someone else in-game, or just wants to share what's going on in their game, we can use this thread to do so! I just ask that people try not to spoil anything since the game is recent and not everyone has been able to get both paths yet (I've just got Birthright at the moment and I'll probably pick up Conquest some time around April, sooner if I'm lucky).

To get things started, I did have a question that I'd like to ask: Does anyone know of any easier options to get minerals and food ingredients not native to the player's My Castle? I have access to pearls and rice, but it seems like if I want anything else, I'll either have to get lucky in the lottery, talk to a unit and hope to get something new, or visit another castle. I'd like to get some other minerals soon, so I wanted to know if anyone has found any other methods to get these.

Acquiring them each once is the tough part, but if you keep going to castles you'll eventually do it. After that, you can use the Arena which is slow but will certainly do it. Arena + daily visits to other castles + using those people's arenas and you'll soon be swimming in resources.

Birthright is Moral path 

But Conquest is waifu path 

and This game was influenced by SMT IF 

Fire emblem IF 

SEE THEY RIPPED IT OFF and NOW...PEople THINK THAT NINTEnDO did that first!! 

On a serious note, i might not get it since it's like 80 bucks to get the full game which is outrageous, that's beyond Atlus Tax 

Edited by Minato arisato

Acquiring them each once is the tough part, but if you keep going to castles you'll eventually do it. After that, you can use the Arena which is slow but will certainly do it. Arena + daily visits to other castles + using those people's arenas and you'll soon be swimming in resources.

I've been using the arena to multiply the few that I have, I was just hoping there might be an easier way to get them the first time around. I managed to find a Lapis in one of the sparkling spots in a challenge map, but that's the only other method I've found so far. I guess I'll have to start checking into more castles soon here... Hopefully a few people at my school got the game so I can get some through Streetpass. Thanks for the answer.

To get things started, I did have a question that I'd like to ask: Does anyone know of any easier options to get minerals and food ingredients not native to the player's My Castle? I have access to pearls and rice, but it seems like if I want anything else, I'll either have to get lucky in the lottery, talk to a unit and hope to get something new, or visit another castle. I'd like to get some other minerals soon, so I wanted to know if anyone has found any other methods to get these.

Don't know if you're going to receive this post, but as far as I know, the three you listed are the only ways to obtain them. I know that through the Smithy, you can trade in a large amount of gems for one of another, but that's about it. You can also use the Arena to get more of what you already have, but that doesn't really help with what you don't. I eventually get all of the Hoshido resources during my playthrough of Birthright around Chapter 17, by just losing the lottery and having units give them to me at random. I believe every player gets a different set of resources to farm per playthrough, since I got some stuff I haven't gotten yet through there.

Edit: To add on, there is a certain character in Conquest that allows you to sometimes get 3 random gems or ingredients, but that won't help much if you're playing on Birthright.

I've been playing Conquest, and I've been really enjoying it so far. It's definitely a challenge, but I like how it mixes up the objectives, and how the story progresses. I've also played some of Birthright in between as well, and it's also enjoyable. I've gotten a hold of the special edition somehow, so I'll be playing Revelation soon.

Tossing up the next question then. Which version did you pick? Any particular reason? Who do you plan on marrying on your first playthrough?

For me, I chose Conquest, because I found it interesting how the beginning chapters also forces you morally to chose Hoshido, and I wanted to see how the story progressed if I went Nohr. I'm not disappointed in the slightest so far. I've already married Selena, because I can't resist most tsunderes.

Edited by Kyouma-Blade

I was going to play Conquest... And then I screwed up and picked Birthright. It doesn't actually matter since I was gonna play both anyway but still slightly irksome.

So now I'm focusing on trying to optimize my pairings for the three awakening clone children for skills since its Birthright and I can grind myself to death.

I was going to play Conquest... And then I screwed up and picked Birthright. It doesn't actually matter since I was gonna play both anyway but still slightly irksome.

So now I'm focusing on trying to optimize my pairings for the three awakening clone children for skills since its Birthright and I can grind myself to death.

How are you getting the cash for that? 

I'm starting off with Birthright, mainly because I feel like it'd be weird going from the tougher game to the easier one. I'm also new to the series, so even though I'd usually want to go for the more challenging option with Conquest, I feel like Birthright was probably the best option looking back. I plan on getting Conquest and Revelations as DLC as soon as possible, but that probably won't be until around April since I'm trying to get another game that comes out next month. I'll probably just start a second playthrough of Birthright on a higher difficulty to keep myself entertained until then.

As for pairings, I went for Azura. Not because she's the secondary main protagonist (I think it's kind of boring to just go for that), but because she's probably my favorite character so far. As for other characters, the most thought I put into relationships is what the weirdest pairings I can get are... So far, Saizo/Mozu and Hayato/Orochi are the weirdest I've come up with. It's fun seeing the support conversations most people probably wouldn't get.

How are you getting the cash for that? 

lol, it's the only game I'm planning on buying myself this year. That's how.

I'm starting off with Birthright, mainly because I feel like it'd be weird going from the tougher game to the easier one. I'm also new to the series, so even though I'd usually want to go for the more challenging option with Conquest, I feel like Birthright was probably the best option looking back. I plan on getting Conquest and Revelations as DLC as soon as possible, but that probably won't be until around April since I'm trying to get another game that comes out next month. I'll probably just start a second playthrough of Birthright on a higher difficulty to keep myself entertained until then.

As for pairings, I went for Azura. Not because she's the secondary main protagonist (I think it's kind of boring to just go for that), but because she's probably my favorite character so far. As for other characters, the most thought I put into relationships is what the weirdest pairings I can get are... So far, Saizo/Mozu and Hayato/Orochi are the weirdest I've come up with. It's fun seeing the support conversations most people probably wouldn't get.

Hayato/Orochi for life

I'm marrying Jakob because he's so sweet and loyal 

Also butler that can do flips in midair and stab a zombie to death with a knife is pretty great spouse

I think that's a good way to tackle that, and yeah hold off on getting both routes at once, I'll be saving my cash for Dark souls 3 

lol, it's the only game I'm planning on buying myself this year. That's how.

Hayato/Orochi for life

I'm marrying Jakob because he's so sweet and loyal 

Also butler that can do flips in midair and stab a zombie to death with a knife is pretty great spouse

Hayato and Orochi are a good pair, but seeing as how the sweet little farm girl bonds with the dark and mature ninja guy over growing crops together, I might have to go with Mozu/Saizo for my favorite non-avatar pairing so far. The diviner rivalry is great too, though.

Also, just curious, did you get Jakob to join you towards the beginning of the game (Chapter 6-ish)? I thought I heard something about female avatars getting Jakob at the start while male avatars get Felicia, but I wasn't sure about that.

I think that's a good way to tackle that, and yeah hold off on getting both routes at once, I'll be saving my cash for Dark souls 3 

As a huge Pokemon fan who's been getting into fighting games recently, Pokken's got me really excited... Just wish that it didn't come so soon after Fates, otherwise I probably would get Conquest a lot sooner.

Are amiibo based units applicable spouses? I was planning on putting Lucina in and marrying her if it was possible. I wanna get both games, but I really don't want to take the extra costs in at this point. 

From what I've heard, they're not. I can't test since I haven't gotten them yet (I've scanned each amiibo twice, but they're my brother's amiibo and he wants to recruit them first so I've got to wait on him), but I remember reading that they can't get any supports with anyone. Could be wrong, but I could imagine that being the case.

From what I've heard, they're not. I can't test since I haven't gotten them yet (I've scanned each amiibo twice, but they're my brother's amiibo and he wants to recruit them first so I've got to wait on him), but I remember reading that they can't get any supports with anyone. Could be wrong, but I could imagine that being the case

From what I've been looking through, I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the case. At least there are plenty of others to marry.

From what I've been looking through, I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the case. At least there are plenty of others to marry.

Yeah, there are plenty of options. Of course, there is something to keep in mind when it comes to who you pair your avatar with (Going to put this in a spoiler tag since it could be considered a bit of a spoiler but I don't think of it as something major)

If you're trying to get every unit in your first run, and you have a male avatar, you'll either have to pair with a unit who can only marry the avatar or one of the child units (Which are back from Awakening). There are just enough females for each male that can have a child, so if you go with one of their options, one gets left out on having a child. I didn't really care about that my first playthrough and took one of their eligible options (and probably will on my next playthrough), but if you want all of them, do keep that in mind.

I like how my thread about Fates was forgotten......smh.....   Anyway, is it possible to get a class similar to Chrom?

If you obtain the free Before Awakening DLC, and keep all three NPCs alive, you will get seals which will allow you to reclass a unit to the Lodestar class for male units and the Great Lord Class for female units. The Lodestar class is similar in function to the same class in Awakening, which was exclusive to Spotpass and DLC Marth. These classes are the closest you can get to Chrom's class. Unfortunately, you can only get these seals once per playthrough, which means you can't farm them. Fun fact about this DLC, you can have certain characters interact with the NPCs. Try Odin, Selena, Lazward, Jakob, or Corrin out.

I like how my thread about Fates was forgotten......smh.....   Anyway, is it possible to get a class similar to Chrom?

After the release of Fire Emblem Fates a few days ago in North America, I thought it might be fun and helpful to get a discussion thread going for those of us playing through the game. If anyone wants advice for something in the game (Either path), has a question about a game mechanic, wants to battle someone else in-game, or just wants to share what's going on in their game, we can use this thread to do so! I just ask that people try not to spoil anything since the game is recent and not everyone has been able to get both paths yet (I've just got Birthright at the moment and I'll probably pick up Conquest some time around April, sooner if I'm lucky).

Your thread was just for exchanging castle addresses, this is just general discussion. These are two very different things.

Hopefully I'll be able to get Fire Emblem: fates next week. I plan to get Birthright first before going for Conquest since Birthright is pretty much "easy mode" and Conquest is "hard mode". Besides, I always like to start on the good path before taking on the evil path.

I've recently finished Conquest, and picked up Birthright. Man, I'm so used to plunging into the next chapter. I haven't played a story chapter in the past hour or so, because of all the children I can get now. I find Conquest more fun, but Birthright is also fun in its own right so far. Ryoma is overpowered, along with Silas, who also helped carry me through Conquest. I played as a girl this time around, so I married Subaki to get Caeldori as a daughter, because she is a-dori-ble.