Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Keyblade101

If Star Wars appears in KH3 (my scenario)

Like many people out there, I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and while I was initially skeptical of how Disney would be able to do Star Wars justice, however after watching the new Star Wars Rebels tv show that is currently airing on Disney X D and the praise that's been given for Episode VII: The Force Awakens, I'm more than convinced that Star Wars would make an absolutely great addition to the Kingdom Hearts series.

Here's my scenario that I would like to see take place if Riku were to, by some chance, encounter Darth Vader:

Riku has just arrived at the Death Star and it is not too long before he is found by Stormtroopers. The troopers assume that Riku is a rebel spy and they decide to take him to the brig. Instead of making things potentially worse by making a run for it, he decides to go just along with it for now. Not too long afterward, Riku escapes from his cell (most likely using his Keyblade)). While keeping an eye out for anyone else, Riku suddenly catches a strong scent of Darkness (in KH: CoM/Re:CoM Riku learns that he can smell Darkness) and he hears a deep, terrifying voice:

Darth Vader: "I can sense it."

Riku: *turns around to find Darth Vader standing not too far away from him* "Who are you?!"

*slow version of the Imperial March starts playing*

Vader: *slowly walks towards Riku* "You have been on the Dark Side before, haven't you, boy?"

Riku: "What??"

Vader: "Yet it appears that you now walk between the light and the dark sides."

Riku: "How do you--?!"

Vader: "Your journey in the dark side is incomplete. You do not know the full potential of the dark side. Join me, and I shall complete your training."

Riku: *summons his Keyblade and takes his battle stance* "Not a chance!"

*Boss fight begins*

Riku: "I've already gone through this story ark one too many times!"

*summons keyblade*

but seriously though idk how i'd feel about Star Wars in KH. there'd be the obvious issue of "If Sora went up against Vader, couldn't Vader just force choke him?" But after thinking about it I guess the writers could sidestep that issue by saying that because Sora is from another world, the force doesn't have an effect on him. Like what they did in KH2 Port Royal. The reason Sora wasn't cursed from the treasure was because he was from another world. So there's always THAT excuse i guess.

i mean i'd still be skeptical about SW in KH but i figure by the time it happens i'll be so emotionally disconnected from the series i won't lose sleep over it.

I think that this is really interesting but I wonder if they are going to use Star Wars, which part of the Universe are they going to use. I like what you used for a scenario, using the Death Star and Darth Vader but what about all the other areas, stories, and people that are a part of the Star Wars Universe. Especially with all the good that came from The Force Awakens, many want to see those characters and not many of the old characters, which takes away from the true story of Star Wars.  

My other worry is that because Star Wars has such a MASSIVE Universe within itself and Kingdom Hearts focuses on movies that really only have one planet and a specific story. But they have started working on Stitch and his story in the Kingdom Hearts story and could do that with Star Wars but when the KH series continues and have us revisit worlds after we are past the Xehanort saga, the story of Star Wars will change as well but it might be too big for the Kingdom Hearts story to continue with because of how massive the universe is.

Maybe I'm over thinking this but having been a huge fan of both Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts, I have thought about a Star Wars "world" appearing in the KH universe but I worry that it might just be too much for the KH story to handle, especially if Nomura wants to go deeper into the worlds and include them more in the lore and story of Kingdom Hearts in KH3 and in future titles. I just don't want people to dislike KH3 because it didn't have a good representation of Star Wars like they wanted, and the same goes for the Marvel world that many want. I just don't want people to hate KH3 because they couldn't enjoy a "world" built on huge story/universe.