Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ShatteredGem

Mario & Luigi RPG Discussion Thread

The funny, addicting, and turn based battle game series really needed a topic here. So I've come to bring it.

Posted Image

Here we go!

Games in the series:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Edited by ShatteredGem

Which of the old Paper Mario characters do you want to see in Paper Jam?

I want see anyone from thousand year door again, haha. Though I especially would like to see Koops, maybe Goombella.I hope the "Expert challenges" aren't back. I still haven't beat dream team because of them.

the games are awesome! My favorite one is Boswer's Inside story> Dream Team is extremely close to being my favorite though.

I agree with you on that one, Luke! I nearly mastered BIS, the ONLY issue I had was the ultimate secret final boss himself: Bowser X. I was so so so close so many times, but I just can't beat him! XDOne of my favorite things to do in BIS was the Bros moves minigames. I did pretty well with all of them, especially with the Barrels and the Ball. What was your favorite Bros. moves in the series so far? My favorite was the Jump Helmet from BIS. :D

I agree with you on that one, Luke! I nearly mastered BIS, the ONLY issue I had was the ultimate secret final boss himself: Bowser X. I was so so so close so many times, but I just can't beat him! xDOne of my favorite things to do in BIS was the Bros moves minigames. I did pretty well with all of them, especially with the Barrels and the Ball.What was your favorite Bros. moves in the series so far? My favorite was the Jump Helmet from BIS. :D

My favorite one is the jump helmet too. I also like the shell attack because it has an awesome rhyme to it. 

Oh I love this series!  Dream Team is my favorite! <3

I can't wait for Paper Jam next spring!  I kinda hope there will be paper versions of Fawful and/or Antasma.  Seeing a real Dimentio would be pretty cool too.

I wouldn't get my hopes up Mr./Mrs. mag77.

As for old Paper Mario characters. Lakister, Lady Bow, Jr. Troopa, Doopliss, The Shadow Sirens, Kolorado, a version of Merlon, Kammy Koopa, and maybe Francis.

Edited by matteso586

I know that what I'm going to type here will sound pretty sad, but the only game I've played out of this awesome Mario RPG series is Superstar Saga!  I've yet to play the other installments! >//<

But, having played Superstar Saga, I just loved the game and ate it all up!  I beat the game, and I just loved the story and characters, and the way the world was developed!  Mario in an RPG format is an excellent concept, and with the rich history of the characters of the franchise, there's lots of story to tap into! The fact that the Mario And Luigi series has spawned many sequels is proof that there's lots of cool ideas in which to use the various elements of the Mario Universe in RPG Format!

I really need to play the other installments! xD

I know that what I'm going to type here will sound pretty sad, but the only game I've played out of this awesome Mario RPG series is Superstar Saga!  I've yet to play the other installments! >//<

But, having played Superstar Saga, I just loved the game and ate it all up!  I beat the game, and I just loved the story and characters, and the way the world was developed!  Mario in an RPG format is an excellent concept, and with the rich history of the characters of the franchise, there's lots of story to tap into! The fact that the Mario And Luigi series has spawned many sequels is proof that there's lots of cool ideas in which to use the various elements of the Mario Universe in RPG Format!

I really need to play the other installments! xD

If you have a Wii U,Partners in Time is available on the virtual console and I'm sure Bowser's Inside Story will be on the VC as well eventually.

I thought of a game in this series called Mario & Luigi: Dimensional Dilemma. It crosses over many Nintendo IPs, such as Fire Emblem, Zelda, Splatoon, Metroid, and Kid Icarus. And the worlds would be accessed quicker using amiibo, and it would unlock upgrades or other allies to use in that world. The plot would go like this: Bowser finds a strange artifact (a la Paper Mario) and upon using it, he creates strange Warp Pipes that lead into his castle from other dimensions. Mario & Luigi go on another adventure yet again.

I thought of a game in this series called Mario & Luigi: Dimensional Dilemma. It crosses over many Nintendo IPs, such as Fire Emblem, Zelda, Splatoon, Metroid, and Kid Icarus. And the worlds would be accessed quicker using amiibo, and it would unlock upgrades or other allies to use in that world. The plot would go like this: Bowser finds a strange artifact (a la Paper Mario) and upon using it, he creates strange Warp Pipes that lead into his castle from other dimensions. Mario & Luigi go on another adventure yet again.

Like Smash Bros. Version of Project X Zone? That'd be cool!

Ah, I see!  Sadly, I don't have a Wii U, but I do have a 3DS!  I just have to order Partners In Time and Bowser's Inside Story via Amazon! :3

Yes! Do it!

You really do, man. The games have lots of humor. On another note, Paper Mario's also a good game to play. I've only cleared sticker star and played Super Paper Mario and the original n64 version.

Yes, that's what I loved so much about Superstar Saga, and I've been dying to play the rest of the Mario And Luigi installments! D:  As for Paper Mario, I remember that I played Thousand Year Door for the Gamecube way back when!  It was a fun game to play!