Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

The Kingdom Hearts series has become a joke

I agree with everything you said except for your last statement. The chi movie will tell a different part of the x chi story than the mobile game does, so if it's relevant to the story I'm interested in it.

Based

use (something specified) as the foundation or starting point for something.

Whatever it does it's just going to confuse people even more. Nomura knew people were annoyed with the amount of spin-offs but he keeps making them.

How do you know they won't do it?

Nomura said there are no plans. He wasn't even asked, he literally told a journalist.

Based

use (something specified) as the foundation or starting point for something.

Whatever it does it's just going to confuse people even more. Nomura knew people were annoyed with the amount of spin-offs but he keeps making them.

Nomura said there are no plans. He wasn't even asked, he literally told a journalist.

You mean the same way he said that KH3 will be the next game after 2.5? Or that there weren't any plans for a DDD HD?

You mean the same way he said that KH3 will be the next game after 2.5? Or that there weren't any plans for a DDD HD?

Links. We knew DDD HD was coming as soon as 2.5 was released. Lol.

You don't need to play other games to understand those titles usually and even then Nintendo's really good with the Virtual Console and remakes/ports to keep the past titles alive on their current two platforms.

I don't comment on KH usually.

If you think that way then KH3 will only sell 2-3 million copies which could make Square Enix put it down to a B-tier franchise. Nomura said the whole point of the collections is so people can get into the series only he's done it all wrong.

Kingdom Hearts won't be a B-tier franchise. 1.5 had amazing sales and so did 2.5. Before you say they didn't, please, look at their circumstances. The hype level for KH3 is out of this world. I'd say 6 million copies is a given.

Kingdom Hearts won't be a B-tier franchise. 1.5 had amazing sales and so did 2.5. Before you say they didn't, please, look at their circumstances. The hype level for KH3 is out of this world. I'd say 6 million copies is a given.

"amazing"? LOL. Bahahahahahaha.

KH2 didn't even come close to that. Lol.

Well, what if there are credits at the end of 2.8 just like with the other two depicting an HQ version of all the remixes?

That would just be stupid and go beyond the joke. And knowing Nomura he'd once again make the KH3 team make them.

Not even Tetsuya Nomura had a clear idea of what was going on (that's why he made up the story of DDD and KH3 as he was making the game).

By the way, you forgot to add time-traveling to that list of things that make the KH series a joke and hard to understand.

"amazing"? LOL. Bahahahahahaha.

KH2 didn't even come close to that. Lol.

That would just be stupid and go beyond the joke. And knowing Nomura he'd once again make the KH3 team make them.

Um yes, 1.54 million for a HD remaster released in 2013 with no digital release and only 2 months apart from new gen consoles is amazing.

0.92 million released in December 2014 with no digitial version and the PS3 on it's last legs is amazing.

2/3 of the way, but it was late life. This will be different.

Edited by soravids

Not even Tetsuya Nomura had a clear idea of what was going on (that's why he made up the story of DDD and KH3 as he was making the game).

By the way, you forgot to add time-traveling to that list of things that make the KH series a joke and hard to understand.

If I went into actual story details I'd be there all day.

Kingdom Hearts won't be a B-tier franchise. 

I have to disagree with that. Atleast in Square's eyes. If KH was an A-tier franchise they wouldn't take 10 years for the next game to appear on a main console. Didn't necessarily have to be a numbered one either.

Um yes, 1.54 million for a HD remaster released in 2013 with no digital release and only 2 months apart from new gen consoles is amazing.

0.92 million released in December 2014 with no digitial version and the PS3 on it's last legs is amazing.

2/3 of the way, but it was late life. This will be different.

And where did you get those numbers from? VGChartz? LOL. For the millionth time, VGChartz numbers are rubbish.

I have to disagree with that. Atleast in Square's eyes. If KH was an A-tier franchise they wouldn't take 10 years for the next game to appear on a main console. Didn't necessarily have to be a numbered one either.

It's the opposite of what you think. I've already said it, KH3 will be the last KH game for many people (including me), so they just want to release the maximun number of games before releasing KH3 (which will have then a FM version), so yes, they're delaying it's release in order to make more money out of this A-tier franchiese.

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

This wasn't sure at all, I remember people wondering if there was going to be a DDD HD and Nomura wasn't confirming it until quite recently (arround this summer).

Credits and then Nomura even said they confirmed it was possible. Was obvious.

It's the opposite of what you think. I've already said it, KH3 will be the last KH game for many people (including me), so they just want to release the maximun number of games before releasing KH3 (which will have then a FM version), so yes, they're delaying it's release in order to make more money out of this A-tier franchiese.

I'm talking about coded and BBS and Days. Not the recent 1.5 and 2.5 remixes. 

Edited by Sorarocks93

Credits and then Nomura even said they confirmed it was possible. Was obvious.

Yes, I know it was quite obvious, but it wasn't confirmed, so it wasn't necessarily obvious for everyone.

I'm talking about coded and BBS and Days. Not the recent 1.5 and 2.5 remixes. 

Ok, I see, I get what you mean then.

And where did you get those numbers from? VGChartz? LOL. For the millionth time, VGChartz numbers are rubbish.

You use to say differently. You told me they gave you "a good ideal" and even made topics based on their numbers.

You use to say differently. You told me they gave you "a good ideal" and even made topics based on their numbers.

Yes, and then I was proved wrong. 

For example: Square Enix clearly said Final Fantasy XIII sold 6.6 million copies on PS3 & 360 while VGChartz claims 7.4 million.

• Firstly, all 3 developed by the KH3 team thus delaying KH3 which has been in development since 2010. There was 67 members of the KH3 team working on 2.5. And the Osaka studio doesn't exactly have 200 people there.
  • First two are PS3 exclusive despite Square Enix having the PS4 dev kits months before 1.5 was even announced.
  • 1.5 can't be on Xbox platforms due to an exclusivity contract surrounding Square games prior to the merger but there is zero excuses for 2.5 & 2.8 to not be available on Xbox platforms.

#1 & 2. Yes. Square did have the PS4 dev kits before 1.5 was announced. 1.5 was announced in late 2012. 1.5 was released in March 2013. PS4 was announced in February 2013. PS4 released in November 2013. KH3 was announced at E3 2013(in development since 2010). Had the KH3 team developed 1.5 for the PS4, it would not have been released in March 2013, but in 2014, possibly around the PS4 launch in Japan. Wouldn't that have pushed back 2.5(to 2015), 2.8(to 2017), and the almighty KH3(to 2018) unless it somehow evened out? I have never seen an HD collection release so close to a new consoles launch before(within the first few months). I doubt Square would have released the game overseas long before the PS4 launch in Japan. I highly doubt 1.5 would have been the first considering PS3 software in Japan(as shown in March 2013 to 2015) were vastly superior to any PS4 game or version of the same game. PS4 software actually improved over PS3 software with Metal Gear Solid V, and that was mostly thanks to the console bundles. The correct choice was made with 1.5(at the time) not just in Japan, but overseas as well. Do you think the game would have sold over 1.5 million(estimate) on PS4 compared to the PS3 version? As for 2.5, the game should have been on PS4 from the start. Let's not forget this is Square Enix, one of the master of masters(pun intended) of re-releases. They will both come to the PS4 in the future(after KH3, unless you want it to be delayed again).

#3. Are you sure the collections aren't on Xbox due to an exclusive contract or maybe it's because Nomura himself planned that from the start?

---So what kick-started development from there?

Nomura: One thing was that the Kingdom Hearts series had been released over several different consoles. I wanted to unite the scattered titles at once at the right time. Another thing was that, approaching the ten year anniversary, the series had become difficult for new players to enter. There are players who look at all the titles and worry over which ones to play, so I wanted to set them out in chronological order.

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/33912-october-11-dengeki-screenshots-full-nomura-interview#ixzz3mvZ0KSrs

-- "Will HD 2.5 ReMIX have a Theatre Mode?"

Yasue: Yeah. That's something we really wanted to do. When we first wanted to create Kingdom Hearts III, we made a decision to make 1.5 and 2.5 as well, and the reason for doing that was we wanted the players to actually understand the story,

http://kh13.com/news/46481-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix-interview-on-square-enix-presents-survey-questions-answered

Sure, 1.5 and 2.5 are on PS3 while 2.8 is on PS4 and KH3 is on PS4 and Xbox One, but all the games are under one brand now: PlayStation. 2 consoles(right now) on Playstation are better than 7 from PS to Nintendo, right? Square(and Nomura) have known about the next gen consoles long before their announcements, so it's pretty clear what the message behind that was without looking at the box arts of 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8...You've seen it. Just imagine your beautiful big screen tv having that 1 visible dead pixel(KH3 on Xbox One) on it, and you don't know why it happened. Like I said before, I expect the games on PS4 in the future. When? Whenever they have time.

Edited by Rob

Not that I completely disagree, you certainly make valid points. However, if KH3 is fun then it won't matter if people are lost. As long as it's well made, it'll not be "a joke." Case in point, MGSV. Convoluted as hell, took a while to make after a long series of games that even hard core fans have a hard time keeping up with. But...it's made well enough to where it doesn't matter.

So if KH3 is well made it won't matter to outside players

So again I don't disagree but I'd rephrase it such as:

"The way the Kingdom Hearts series is being handled is a joke." But calling the series itself a joke is like calling the Metal Gear series a joke. The series is great. How it has been handled as of late...meh.

(Me also thinks you're bumhurt because youve claimed for so long remaking 3D and X would be a "waste of resources" yet here we are) ;)

#1 & 2. Yes. Square did have the PS4 dev kits before 1.5 was announced. 1.5 was announced in late 2012. 1.5 was released in March 2013. PS4 was announced in February 2013. PS4 released in November 2013. KH3 was announced at E3 2013(in development since 2010). Had the KH3 team developed 1.5 for the PS4, it would not have been released in March 2013, but in 2014, possibly around the PS4 launch in Japan. Wouldn't that have pushed back 2.5(to 2015), 2.8(to 2017), and the almighty KH3(to 2018) unless it somehow evened out? I have never seen an HD collection release so close to a new consoles launch before(within the first few months). I doubt Square would have released the game overseas long before the PS4 launch in Japan. I highly doubt 1.5 would have been the first considering PS3 software in Japan(as shown in March 2013 to 2015) were vastly superior to any PS4 game or version of the same game. PS4 software actually improved over PS3 software with Metal Gear Solid V, and that was mostly thanks to the console bundles. The correct choice was made with 1.5(at the time) not just in Japan, but overseas as well. Do you think the game would have sold over 1.5 million(estimate) on PS4 compared to the PS3 version? As for 2.5, the game should have been on PS4 from the start. Let's not forget this is Square Enix, one of the master of masters(pun intended) of re-releases. They will both come to the PS4 in the future(after KH3, unless you want it to be delayed again).

#3. Are you sure the collections aren't on Xbox due to an exclusive contract or maybe it's because Nomura himself planned that from the start?

---So what kick-started development from there?

Nomura: One thing was that the Kingdom Hearts series had been released over several different consoles. I wanted to unite the scattered titles at once at the right time. Another thing was that, approaching the ten year anniversary, the series had become difficult for new players to enter. There are players who look at all the titles and worry over which ones to play, so I wanted to set them out in chronological order.

Read more: http://kh13.com/news/33912-october-11-dengeki-screenshots-full-nomura-interview#ixzz3mvZ0KSrs

-- "Will HD 2.5 ReMIX have a Theatre Mode?"

Yasue: Yeah. That's something we really wanted to do. When we first wanted to create Kingdom Hearts III, we made a decision to make 1.5 and 2.5 as well, and the reason for doing that was we wanted the players to actually understand the story,

http://kh13.com/news/46481-kingdom-hearts-hd-2-5-remix-interview-on-square-enix-presents-survey-questions-answered

Sure, 1.5 and 2.5 are on PS3 while 2.8 is on PS4 and KH3 is on PS4 and Xbox One, but all the games are under one brand now: PlayStation. 2 consoles(right now) on Playstation are better than 7 from PS to Nintendo, right? Square(and Nomura) have known about the next gen consoles long before their announcements, so it's pretty clear what the message behind that was without looking at the box arts of 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8...You've seen it. Just imagine your beautiful big screen tv having that 1 visible dead pixel(KH3 on Xbox One) on it, and you don't know why it happened. Like I said before, I expect the games on PS4 in the future. When? Whenever they have time.

KH3 was delayed because of the collections. If they were outsourced KH3 could have been released in 2016.

And yes, 1.5 isn't on Xbox due to an exclusivity contract with Sony from before the merger. The contract was very clear at that time, no games to be developed for other platforms.

Not that I completely disagree, you certainly make valid points. However, if KH3 is fun then it won't matter if people are lost. As long as it's well made, it'll not be "a joke." Case in point, MGSV. Convoluted as hell, took a while to make after a long series of games that even hard core fans have a hard time keeping up with. But...it's made well enough to where it doesn't matter.

So if KH3 is well made it won't matter to outside players

So again I don't disagree but I'd rephrase it such as:

"The way the Kingdom Hearts series is being handled is a joke." But calling the series itself a joke is like calling the Metal Gear series a joke. The series is great. How it has been handled as of late...meh.

(Me also thinks you're bumhurt because youve claimed for so long remaking 3D and X would be a "waste of resources" yet here we are) ;)

I'm not bumhurt. Lol. I also said for awhile I would not be surprised if they remastered KH3D and bundled it with a demo for KH3 and that's basically what's happened. And what people wanted for X was it remade for consoles as an actual game and I kept saying a mobile port. So I was once again right except once again Nomura is stupid and makes the KH3 team make them thus delaying KH3.

I don't care. If somebody want to play KH then start playing the games and understand this series as it is. If not than it's your fault. It's not like it is absolutely impossible to follow the series. Some things are poorly made but now the series is easy to follow thanks to the HD collections.

We can be happy that KH is not like FF, which is currently the real problem for SE. It became a joke after FF13.

I don't care. If somebody want to play KH then start playing the games and understand this series as it is. If not than it's your fault. It's not like it is absolutely impossible to follow the series. Some things are poorly made but now the series is easy to follow thanks to the HD collections.We can be happy that KH is not like FF, which is currently the real problem for SE. It became a joke after FF13.

Hardly. Every numbered entry is a brand new game with zero connection to past titles.