Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

The Kingdom Hearts series has become a joke

I agree that it is stupid that to understand certain things you have to search for Nomura interviews, but if one plays through 1.5 and 2.5 they should be able to understand what is going on.

Ummm at this point i think you're looking for excuses to bash Nomura. No offense. Bundling the whole series into 3 games is a great way to handle it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not every series releases all it's titles on PS4 before releasing a new one there.

Some would, some wouldn't. Opinionated.

I understand why it's like that. They're used to be a boss fight between and it was transitioned to a movie. it's there to give you an understanding of the story and it does.

Nope, just saying the truth. Either the collections have delayed KH3 or Nomura's pulling a Versus XIII.

No series has a million games very important to the story.

Yeah, some would. So that's sales down the drain. 5 million down to 4.5 maybe 4 million.

It's also a terrible movie as a result.

I agree that it is stupid that to understand certain things you have to search for Nomura interviews, but if one plays through 1.5 and 2.5 they should be able to understand what is going on.

Yes, but they're on another platform. You can't expect someone to buy two consoles.

Nope, just saying the truth. Either the collections have delayed KH3 or Nomura's pulling a Versus XIII. No series has a million games very important to the story. Yeah, some would. So that's sales down the drain. 5 million down to 4.5 maybe 4 million. It's also a terrible movie as a result.   Yes, but they're on another platform. You can't expect someone to buy two consoles.

No, you can't that is correct. I'm sure that MAYBE they will add a round up of events at the start of KH3.

No, you can't that is correct. I'm sure that MAYBE they will add a round up of events at the start of KH3.

Oh I'm sure they will. But how many people want to read story summaries of eight games before playing the game they just purchased?

Oh I'm sure they will. But how many people want to read story summaries of eight games before playing the game they just purchased?

Definitely sounds like too much work to go through.

Nope, just saying the truth. Either the collections have delayed KH3 or Nomura's pulling a Versus XIII.

No series has a million games very important to the story.

Yeah, some would. So that's sales down the drain. 5 million down to 4.5 maybe 4 million.

It's also a terrible movie as a result.

Yes, but they're on another platform. You can't expect someone to buy two consoles.

If KH3 releases in 2017 that's pretty darn good. Especially considering the engine change. It wasn't in HEAVY development till 2013.

There's plenty of franchises that have many story relevant titles. And again, only 3 games and you're up to speed.

Umm so you want devs to focus only sales when they make a game? That would be a nightmare. We'd all be playing CoD.

Opinionated.

Edited by soravids

Nobody does, of course. I do agree it is ridiculous, but having played it from the beginning I am glad I know what is going on. :)

I can agree that the Kingdom Hearts series has become a mess in the past few years, and I have been with the series since the PS2 days, but I think most of it has to do with the structure if I'm not pointing out the obvious which I probably am... :

Posted Image

And of course Kingdom Hearts fanboys/girls will argue with this but remember you're a fanboy/girl you understand the series and have been there since most likely the PS2 days. Someone coming into the franchise now will be completely lost.

And then yes, there has been HD collections but they have been handled shockingly.

• Firstly, all 3 developed by the KH3 team thus delaying KH3 which has been in development since 2010. There was 67 members of the KH3 team working on 2.5. And the Osaka studio doesn't exactly have 200 people there.
  • First two are PS3 exclusive despite Square Enix having the PS4 dev kits months before 1.5 was even announced.
  • 1.5 can't be on Xbox platforms due to an exclusivity contract surrounding Square games prior to the merger but there is zero excuses for 2.5 & 2.8 to not be available on Xbox platforms.
  • Also those 358/2 Days and Re:coded movies were shockingly bad.
  • And a movie based off a mobile game port of a web browser game? What the heck?

YESSS THANK YOU.FINALLY I'M NOT ALONE IN SAYING THIS HOOOOLY SHIT

Sure I'm surprised you said it but finally someone understand aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the criticism and problems I had with this series

YESSS THANK YOU.FINALLY I'M NOT ALONE IN SAYING THIS HOOOOLY SHIT

Sure I'm surprised you said it but finally someone understand aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the criticism and problems I had with this series

Yeah, I'm actually very surprised he would make a thread like this considering how much he loves SE lol. But I agree so much with him on this.

If people on here actually think KH is a joke how did they even end up on this site? Just wondering.

Cuz god forbid a KH fan has a problem with the series and there is no rules on this site that states that one should be 100% loyal to the series and should never criticize it otherwise they'll get kicked out

Cuz god forbid a KH fan has a problem with the series and there is no rules on this site that states that one should be 100% loyal to the series and should never criticize it otherwise they'll get kicked out

Never said that bro, just a question. IMHO calling it a joke is more than criticism, but to each his own.

If KH3 releases in 2017 that's pretty darn good. Especially considering the engine change. It wasn't in HEAVY development till 2013.

There's plenty of franchises that have many story relevant titles. And again, only 3 games and you're up to speed.

Umm so you want devs to focus only sales when they make a game? That would be a nightmare. We'd all be playing CoD.

Opinionated.

Lol. Yeah, and they do Uncharted collection.

If people on here actually think KH is a joke how did they even end up on this site? Just wondering.

Scroll up and see everyone who agrees with me or likes my posts.

And the key word is: "become".

If only they didn't hold off KH3 for so long.  All that time making side games has made the story writers over think everything.  Things wouldn't have turned out like this if they had made KH3 a long time ago.

Exactly,if they did what MGS did where they released the conclusion first with MGS 4 then started connecting the dots with the other gamnes it would've been much.....MUCH better than the mess we're currently in

With the HD remixes that's the least of the problems. What if someone wanted to get into Metroid, or Zelda or any other old franchise?

PS: Is this why you didn't comment on 2.8?

PSS: Nomura did say that the next Saga won't have any connections to this one. I think that's for the best for new people who will join after KH3. 

But KH has existed since 2002. If you've followed it since then, you won't have a problem. If you're new just buy the HD remixes. It doesn't matter if the movies aren't good, they still tell the story that you need to know for KH3. I've seen people do it. Tons of Let's plays on youtube since the HD remixes started coming out.

Anyway, if someone wants to get into the series just when KH3 arrives, then I'm sorry but they are too late. KH3 isn't being made for new people, it's being made for the fans who've followed it for quite a while now.

I hated the fact that there were so many games split into different consoles. Limiting that to two consoles only is a dream come true to me.

Edited by Sorarocks93

I believe one the biggest reasons, if not the biggest reason the that the series is a mess is because it was put on so many gaming platforms for the sake of experimentation on the gameplay and to try out new devices that would really go no where with the series. But I think that the Remix's have helped with this situation even if it hasn't fixed the whole problem, like with leaving only 358/2 days and Coded as movies with certain important scenes cut out of them. But hopefully this might have been a good learning experience for Nomura and that he won't make a big mess out of the next saga. So in your opinion what do you think Nomura and Square Enix need to do in order to clean up or maybe even save the franchise?

With the HD remixes that's the least of the problems. What if someone wanted to get into Metroid, or Zelda or any other old franchise?

PS: Is this why you didn't comment on 2.8?

PSS: Nomura did say that the next Saga won't have any connections to this one. I think that's for the best for new people who will join after KH3. 

But KH has existed since 2002. If you've followed it since then, you won't have a problem. If you're new just buy the HD remixes. It doesn't matter if the movies aren't good, they still tell the story that you need to know for KH3. I've seen people do it. Tons of Let's plays on youtube since the HD remixes started coming out.

Anyway, if someone wants to get into the series just when KH3 arrives, then I'm sorry but they are too late. KH3 isn't being made for new people, it's being made for the fans who've followed it for quite a while now.

I hated the fact that there were so many games split into different consoles. Limiting that to two consoles only is a dream come true to me.

You don't need to play other games to understand those titles usually and even then Nintendo's really good with the Virtual Console and remakes/ports to keep the past titles alive on their current two platforms.

I don't comment on KH usually.

If you think that way then KH3 will only sell 2-3 million copies which could make Square Enix put it down to a B-tier franchise. Nomura said the whole point of the collections is so people can get into the series only he's done it all wrong.

You don't need to play other games to understand those titles usually and even then Nintendo's really good with the Virtual Console and remakes/ports to keep the past titles alive on their current two platforms.

I don't comment on KH usually.

If you think that way then KH3 will only sell 2-3 million copies which could make Square Enix put it down to a B-tier franchise. Nomura said the whole point of the collections is so people can get into the series only he's done it all wrong.

What if they made the collections for PS4 too? Would you think that would be the right thing to do?

I agree with everything you said except for your last statement. The chi movie will tell a different part of the x chi story than the mobile game does, so if it's relevant to the story I'm interested in it.

What if they made the collections for PS4 too? Would you think that would be the right thing to do?

Yes, that was one of my points. They had the PS4 devs kits months before 1.5 was even announced.