Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Veemon

Sora wielding three keyblades

I'm gonna call it right now, since this is my idea that I can easily see:

Triple-Wielding Keyblades.

One idea I have is that Sora holds two keyblades, and stands on top of a third one like a surfboard, kind of like a Flowmotion style. If they were to bring back Drive Forms in KH3, Final Form should be able to do this.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see something like this? I've already started drawing what it'd look like. (I might draw a Sora version, but I'm working on a different character right now.)

Rock on!

I'm gonna call it right now, since this is my idea that I can easily see:Triple-Wielding Keyblades.One idea I have is that Sora holds two keyblades, and stands on top of a third one like a surfboard, kind of like a Flowmotion style. If they were to bring back Drive Forms in KH3, Final Form should be able to do this.What do you guys think? Would you like to see something like this? I've already started drawing what it'd look like. (I might draw a Sora version, but I'm working on a different character right now.)Rock on!

you can wield three keyblades in the roxas boss battle

you can wield three keyblades in the roxas boss battle

I'm talking about as a special keyblade ability. To be used outside of bosses and fighting regular heartless. It'll be easier to explain when I finish drawing the design of it. Plus, that was just taking his keyblade, I was thinking more of summoning his own. (Yeah, it'll be much easier to explain. :) )

I'm gonna call it right now, since this is my idea that I can easily see:Triple-Wielding Keyblades.One idea I have is that Sora holds two keyblades, and stands on top of a third one like a surfboard, kind of like a Flowmotion style. If they were to bring back Drive Forms in KH3, Final Form should be able to do this.What do you guys think? Would you like to see something like this? I've already started drawing what it'd look like. (I might draw a Sora version, but I'm working on a different character right now.)Rock on!

sora can't use 3 keyblades, he doesn't have 3 hearts

three keyblades seems like overkill. hell, two keyblades was overkill back in KH2, especially in Final Form. 

plus wouldn't nomura have to come up with some reason to allow Sora to use three keyblades. unless he wants to say "well he has his own heart, Ven's heart and Roxas' self-grown heart which means Sora has three hearts. Therefore three keyblades."

Indeed. You need three wielders hearts to wield three keyblades. Xion's was a replica and Roxas used Sora's and Ven's. Now one could argue that Roxas and Xion could eventually be chosen by their own separate keyblade.. 

As for this :

True but this was in a heartstation where both Sora and Roxas were summoning the same keyblades at the same time bc they share the same connection :)

and it would be too OP even if nomura made up a reason

three keyblades seems like overkill. hell, two keyblades was overkill back in KH2, especially in Final Form. plus wouldn't nomura have to come up with some reason to allow Sora to use three keyblades. unless he wants to say "well he has his own heart, Ven's heart and Roxas' self-grown heart which means Sora has three hearts. Therefore three keyblades."

Indeed. You need three wielders hearts to wield three keyblades. Xion's was a replica and Roxas used Sora's and Ven's. Now one could argue that Roxas and Xion could eventually be chosen by their own separate keyblade..   As for this : True but this was in a heartstation where both Sora and Roxas were summoning the same keyblades at the same time bc they share the same connection :)

If it were possible, I do agree with the Roxas as the third heart thing. Don't see that happening in the game though, but cool idea.

The only way I could see this happening is if Sora summoned his "inner light" and wielded a third ethereal-type weapon similar to Ventus' Wingblade form and Young Xehanort's Ethereal Blades. 

Come to think of it, YX Ethereal Blades aren't Keyblades, right?  They seem to be their own type of weapon.

I imagine it being like the fight with Roxas in KH2. Sora wields his own and the other two float around him. Or all three float and Sora is just some flying Keyblade Master like Final Form but turned to 11.

I (personally) think (the Sora vs Roxas battle aside) the only Keyblades Sora utilizes are Ven's and Riku's.

Let me clarify: Sora only has a Keyblade in KH1 because Riku gave him his (interview question #14), and Roxas' Keyblade is really just Ven's. I suspect Sora is called a "dull ordinary boy" because Xehanort can tell he just doesn't actually have a blade of his own at all, and is simply constantly borrowing a Keyblade. Riku was always capable of taking it back, and when Roxas attempted to fight him with "Sora's" blade "from" Xion, he was really just using Riku's blade against him, and Riku took that blade back. If it wasn't Riku's to wield, surely he wouldn't have been able to raise it against Roxas if Keyblades are so quick to return to the hands of their owners.

That said, if you're going chime in with "Xion's" blade, then I'm going to chime in with Vanitas, who you can't truly say is "dead" after seeing his visage in Dream Drop Distance. Plus, we can all agree by now that Sora deserves his own, and Xehanort might be entirely wrong about being ordinary afterall, making a grand total of five Keyblades in his total arsenal. Or, six, if you want to also claim Roxas has a separate blade from Ventus.

I (personally) think (the Sora vs Roxas battle aside) the only Keyblades Sora utilizes are Ven's and Riku's. Let me clarify: Sora only has a Keyblade in KH1 because Riku gave him his (interview question #14), and Roxas' Keyblade is really just Ven's. I suspect Sora is called a "dull ordinary boy" because Xehanort can tell he just doesn't actually have a blade of his own at all, and is simply constantly borrowing a Keyblade. Riku was always capable of taking it back, and when Roxas attempted to fight him with "Sora's" blade "from" Xion, he was really just using Riku's blade against him, and Riku took that blade back. If it wasn't Riku's to wield, surely he wouldn't have been able to raise it against Roxas if Keyblades are so quick to return to the hands of their owners.

What are you even talking about? The Keyblade Riku was supposed to receive is now Sora's Keyblade. It chose Sora over Riku because Sora had the stronger heart. It has been Sora's Keyblade ever since Riku has his own Keyblade that was form by using Soul Eater as an intermediary. Also all Keyblade wielders have the ability to use another wielder's Keyblade temporarily this has been shown many times throughout the series. Riku did not take the Keyblade back. Roxas gave it to him temporarily under Xion's influence' because he needed help fighting the Heartless(Also Xion wanted Riku to stop Roxas). Edited by Robbie the Wise

I (personally) think (the Sora vs Roxas battle aside) the only Keyblades Sora utilizes are Ven's and Riku's.

Let me clarify: Sora only has a Keyblade in KH1 because Riku gave him his (interview question #14), and Roxas' Keyblade is really just Ven's. I suspect Sora is called a "dull ordinary boy" because Xehanort can tell he just doesn't actually have a blade of his own at all, and is simply constantly borrowing a Keyblade. Riku was always capable of taking it back, and when Roxas attempted to fight him with "Sora's" blade "from" Xion, he was really just using Riku's blade against him, and Riku took that blade back. If it wasn't Riku's to wield, surely he wouldn't have been able to raise it against Roxas if Keyblades are so quick to return to the hands of their owners.

That said, if you're going chime in with "Xion's" blade, then I'm going to chime in with Vanitas, who you can't truly say is "dead" after seeing his visage in Dream Drop Distance. Plus, we can all agree by now that Sora deserves his own, and Xehanort might be entirely wrong about being ordinary afterall, making a grand total of five Keyblades in his total arsenal. Or, six, if you want to also claim Roxas has a separate blade from Ventus.

You are so very wrong. Sora has his own keyblade since the end of KH1 when it chose to stay with him. He dual wields with Ven's.  Riku's keyblade in KH1 became officially Sora's in the end when it chose Sora to stay.( refer to interview below on why Sora wields) Riku later on got his own separate keyblade using Soul Eater as a base.( refer to interview below) Xion's keyblade was a replica and Roxas wielded Sora's and Ven's. Xion "made" Roxas throw that keyblade hoping Riku would stop Roxas.( refer to interview below) Wielders can and do use other wielders keyblades as seen plenty of times in this series ( Riku and Sora in KH2, Master Eraqus with Aqua in BBS and Mickey borrowing Star Seeker from Yen Sid) The other half of your post doesn't even make sense. Someone needs to catch up with lore bad. Courtesy of the Ultimanias of KH1, KH2, BBS, Days

When Roxas tries to do what Xion has asked of him, Riku hears Xion’s voice asking him to stop Roxas. Why?

Nomura: First he have to look at things in order. First, the reason why Roxas throws a keyblade to Riku, and we then see a vision of Xion, is that there is a small remaining part of Xion in Roxas that wants to stop him, and makes him take those actions. The name of the keyblade that is given to Riku suggests that it has something to do with Xion. Xion wants Roxas to set Kingdom Hearts free, but doesn’t want him to face Xemnas right now. She sees that he would most likely lose. So she begs Riku to stop him.

– Namine tells Riku that in order for Sora’s memories to be restored, both Sora’s Nobody and Xion must no longer exist. So he takes it on himself to defeat them, but when he and Roxas fought, was that the first time he had realized that Roxas was that Nobody?

Nomura: Riku only realizes it when Roxas takes off his hood and he can see his face, and he responds to his call. Until then he only half believed. When he first met Xion, he didn’t think that she was Sora or Kairi’s Nobody, and it was the same with Roxas. When he first saw Roxas, he had no proof of who he was. So that’s why he lost to Roxas, he was surprised at him using a real keyblade rather than an imitation like Xion’s, and he called out to him. Part of Riku didn’t really want to believe that his best friend really had a Nobody.

4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?

Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’s Keyblades.

Sora can wield two Keyblades at once because he has Ventus’s as well as
 his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days, Roxas
 awakened his ability to dual-wield after fighting Xion. In KHII, once
 Sora absorbed Roxas, he could also dual-wield. Roxas awoke his ability to dual-wield through his will to not forget Xion, who also wielded a Keyblade.

• In Aqua’s chapter, on Destiny Islands, was Aqua originally intending to perform the Bequeathing for Sora or Riku?

Yes. When Aqua met Sora and Riku, she was on the point of realizing that she may end up having to fight Terra. At that time, she was going to perform the Bequeathing for Sora, but realized that Terra had already performed it for Riku. Not wanting Sora and Riku to end up fighting like her and Terra are in the future, she didn’t perform the rite for Sora. This is the meaning behind her murmurs that “One Keyblade is enough for any friendship” and that she “wouldn’t wish their lives on those children.” When she tells Sora he must save Riku if he ends up walking the wrong path, she’s projecting her own thoughts onto Sora.

• This time we saw the “Bequeathing”. Is that a required condition for becoming a Keyblade user?

That’s essentially correct. In terms of the Bequeathing itself, the successee just has to make the successor grasp their Keyblade–if this rite is performed by a Keyblade Master, and if they have suitable power, the Keyblade could choose that person as a Keyblade user, and appear before them. Terra, Ventus; all have passed this rite. Sora is the only exception.

• So, it’s not that “once Sora’s story is over the story of a new hero will begin”, but that the series will always have Sora as the hero, isn’t it?

Yeah. One of the concepts of the series is that the hero Sora isn’t some special being, but a normal boy. Sure, his heart is connected to Ventus and the others, but other than that, he’s a normal kid that could have come from anywhere, that hasn’t inherited anything from anyone. I want to make Sora a character that will give the player the feeling that “even if I’m not some special being, I have the possibility buried inside of connecting with many others to accomplish things”. In Birth by Sleep, I wish for all the fans to hope to see that Sora reappears. The secret cutscene is what symbolizes this, and so please work your way there, and wait for Sora’s role in the future.

t

Even though Riku was the rightful owner of the Keyblade, then why did Sora obtain the Keyblade in the beginning?

Nomura: Even though I would like to keep that obscure, there is a scene in Destiny islands where Riku is being swallowed by darkness, a light appears, and Sora first obtains the keyblade. With the setting I created, the darkness that surrounds them is Riku’s heart’s darkness. At that moment, Sora enters the darkness, and the light he sees inside is Riku’s heart’s light. Sora, who was squirming in the darkness to save Riku, touched the light and temporarily obtained the Keyblade from Riku.

---Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?

Nomura: The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner’s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

—We found out that Riku’s Keyblade’s name is “Way to the Dawn” when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater?

Nomura: I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren’t something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku’s case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade.

If we're going more than 2 keyblades I would like see the keyblade wing thing Namine got going on in Dead Fantasy personally 

Posted Image

(which Monty seems to have reused this weapon set up for Penny in Rwby)  

Posted Image

ahh so lovely, lovely destruction to the face

This is beautiful <3 Nomura: bequeath Namine this destructive power!

Indeed. You need three wielders hearts to wield three keyblades. Xion's was a replica and Roxas used Sora's and Ven's. Now one could argue that Roxas and Xion could eventually be chosen by their own separate keyblade.. 

As for this :

True but this was in a heartstation where both Sora and Roxas were summoning the same keyblades at the same time bc they share the same connection :)

Man, that question is a tightrope to answer. Basically, heart-keyblade mumbo jumbo because they are one person in the same station of awakening. Lol, it's fun to see how Nomura twists, bends, or just straight up break his own rules. Means more OP for me. X)

Although now that I think of it, a three Keyblade thing could work provided it's another situation like the Roxas battle or if Sora is simply borrowing another person's Keyblade, like how Riku could temporarily hold onto Sora and Kairi's Keyblades for a short while. It's not necessarily long term wielding or summoning, but brief transitioning of power from one wielder to another. I think it's like as long as the wielder wills it they can keep the Keyblade in the other person's possession for a temporary while, but that's just me speculating at this point. If it DID work that way though, you'd have an interesting gameplay mechanic, kind of like the D-links from BBS, only the character in question would have to physically be near you for it to work.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Man, that question is a tightrope to answer. Basically, heart-keyblade mumbo jumbo because they are one person in the same station of awakening. Lol, it's fun to see how Nomura twists, bends, or just straight up break his own rules. Means more OP for me. X)

Ha. Well Xion and Roxas growing their own hearts allows them to possibly summon their own keyblades in the future so yeah there's always something for Nomura to use but the OP factor is crazy.

Although now that I think of it, a three Keyblade thing could work provided it's another situation like the Roxas battle or if Sora is simply borrowing another person's Keyblade, like how Riku could temporarily hold onto Sora and Kairi's Keyblades for a short while. It's not necessarily long term wielding or summoning, but brief transitioning of power from one wielder to another. I think it's like as long as the wielder wills it they can keep the Keyblade in the other person's possession for a temporary while, but that's just me speculating at this point. If it DID work that way though, you'd have an interesting gameplay mechanic, kind of like the D-links from BBS, only the character in question would have to physically be near you for it to work.

Saw your edit :) Yeah those could be possible too sharing and lending keyblades isn't uncommon and fits in with the theme of friendship:P It's like what we were mentioning above lolz

Saw your edit :) Yeah those could be possible too sharing and lending keyblades isn't uncommon and fits in with the theme of friendship:P It's like what we were mentioning above lolz

Yeah, I think it's a feature that would be fun to see in battles where you have either Riku or Kairi (or anybody else) as a party member and you could just go through different phases of the battle tossing a Keyblade back and forth. I even considered a similar concept back when I was in to doing fan fictions, but lack of commitment never saw that happen, lol. :P

You are so very wrong. Sora has his own keyblade since the end of KH1 when it chose to stay with him. He dual wields with Ven's.  Riku's keyblade in KH1 became officially Sora's in the end when it chose Sora to stay.( refer to interview below on why Sora wields) Riku later on got his own separate keyblade using Soul Eater as a base.( refer to interview below) Xion's keyblade was a replica and Roxas wielded Sora's and Ven's. Xion "made" Roxas throw that keyblade hoping Riku would stop Roxas.( refer to interview below) Wielders can and do use other wielders keyblades as seen plenty of times in this series ( Riku and Sora in KH2, Master Eraqus with Aqua in BBS and Mickey borrowing Star Seeker from Yen Sid) The other half of your post doesn't even make sense. Someone needs to catch up with lore bad. Courtesy of the Ultimanias of KH1, KH2, BBS, Days

Hello, thanks for stating that my opinion, clearly stated to be an opinion while posting, is wrong. In the past, many things with canonical evidence have been proven wrong, especially when characters in-game believe them to be true. I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take your response one line at a time. 

“Sora has his own keyblade since the end of KH1 when it chose to stay with him.” As stated in my original post, I think Xehanort thinks otherwise by calling him a "dull, ordinary boy". I'm not unaware that the bequeathing ceremony has revealed in interviews to be vague, to the point of even happening unintentionally. I had hopes that only a Keyblade Master who had full knowledge and intentions of wanting to pass on the blade could do such a thing. You might believe me to say things like "perhaps my hope is true afterall because Master Xehanort considered Terra a Master and that was enough and at no other point, other than the current topic of Sora and Riku, has there been any non-Master give someone a Keyblade" but please understand that I understand that I don't have evidence of this. But on the same grounds, Captain Jack Sparrow could be the proud owner of Keyblade, because Sora, as a non-Master, jokingly told him to take his blade and that he could have it. Intention is at least important, if not also Mastery, and so I don't actually believe this, either. It is what it is. I'm aware of the interviews. I believe Master Xehanort knows something we don't. It's alright to tell me that's wrong, because that would be yet to be seen - much like the premise of this thread, Sora's ability to tri-wield as a common occurance, but there's no reason to be handing interview quotes at me.

“He dual wields with Ven's.” I already said that? 

“Riku's keyblade in KH1 became officially Sora's in the end when it chose Sora to stay.( refer to interview below on why Sora wields)” Thanks, but I quoted referenced that exact interview, and if you were to actually read more than the first sentence of the answer, it is specifically stated he "temporarily" obtained the Keyblade from Riku because, according to the next question, had the right qualities. Strange, that word being used, temporarily. Such wording is exactly one of the reasons I'm not so firm that Sora’s Keyblade is even Sora’s.

Riku later on got his own separate keyblade using Soul Eater as a base.” Obvious and irrelevant. 

“Xion's keyblade was a replica and Roxas wielded Sora's and Ven's.” Also irrelevant. I don’t particularly agree when people chime in to say Xion’s Keyblade is the third one Sora could wield during the Roxas fight, and my counter argument was that while people often include hers, why ignore Vanitas? I see you also ignore Vanitas. Do you believe he has the potential to wield Vanitas as readily as Ven's? It's yet to be seen. 

“Xion "made" Roxas throw that keyblade hoping Riku would stop Roxas.” Are you getting that because one interview says that Riku noticed Roxas had the real Keyblade that he, you know, gave Sora? Because that’s what all it says, that Riku sensed it, and I don’t think Xion helped him do that. Nothing in the interview even remotely says that Xion made Roxas do anything. There were some pretty flashbacks during the fight itself, as I recall, for the pleasure of the audience only, and not re-heard by anyone. I could argue that Xion had no control over the fight and that no one remembered her at that point already.

“Wielders can and do use other wielders keyblades as seen plenty of times in this series” Have we ever seen a wielder user another wielder’s Keyblade against them OTHER than when Riku took his Keyblade back from Sora? He didn’t get to keep it because he no longer had those ‘right qualities’ - and you’re going to hate me for assuming things, but I am to believe these are the terms at which he acquired it - to protect the things that matter. Attacking your friends outright, angrily, isn’t protecting anyone. Of course Riku couldn’t keep it.

The first half of my post wasn’t even understood to be a theory-only, despite clearly stating it was what I personally thought, so, I’m not surprised the second half wasn’t understood.

Edited by Flaming Lea
rude

Hello, thanks for stating that my opinion, clearly stated to be an opinion while posting, is wrong. In the past, many things with canonical evidence have been proven wrong, especially when characters in-game believe them to be true. I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take your response one line at a time. 

We aren't looking for opinions here we are stating canon facts .So yes I will point out where you are wrong.  Especially when Nomura confirms these facts. 

“Sora has his own keyblade since the end of KH1 when it chose to stay with him.” As stated in my original post, I think Xehanort thinks otherwise by calling him a "dull, ordinary boy". I'm not unaware that the bequeathing ceremony has revealed in interviews to be vague, to the point of even happening unintentionally. I had hopes that only a Keyblade Master who had full knowledge and intentions of wanting to pass on the blade could do such a thing. You might believe me to say things like "perhaps my hope is true afterall because Master Xehanort considered Terra a Master and that was enough and at no other point, other than the current topic of Sora and Riku, has there been any non-Master give someone a Keyblade" but please understand that I understand that I don't have evidence of this. But on the same grounds, Captain Jack Sparrow could be the proud owner of Keyblade, because Sora, as a non-Master, jokingly told him to take his blade and that he could have it. Intention is at least important, if not also Mastery, and so I don't actually believe this, either. It is what it is. I'm aware of the interviews. I believe Master Xehanort knows something we don't. It's alright to tell me that's wrong, because that would be yet to be seen - much like the premise of this thread, Sora's ability to tri-wield as a common occurance, but there's no reason to be handing interview quotes at me.

Thing is there are rules and qualifications regarding ceremonies and such. He was referring to the fact Sora never had a ceremony and was never formally trained. Nomura stated that despite Xehanort giving Terra the master title he was still not a master officially. If you want to provide 'opinions ' back them up with canon facts or they can and will be disputed. Even if given the ceremony accidently , a person still needs judged and chosen by a keyblade as Sora ended up being. He qualified and so the keyblade turned to him next. That's what that interview we both posted says. You are distorting it. It wasn't temporary after it chose Sora for the last time in the end of KH1. His ability to tri- wield was due to being in his own heartstation as explained above. Captain Jack obviously didn't qualify bc it went right back to Sora and at the time Sora was a noob and didn't even have the power of a master to give even an accidental ceremony. Nomura said you don't need to be a master but at least have the power of it .

I was clarifying? 

“Riku's keyblade in KH1 became officially Sora's in the end when it chose Sora to stay.( refer to interview below on why Sora wields)” Thanks, but I quoted referenced that exact interview, and if you were to actually read more than the first sentence of the answer, it is specifically stated he "temporarily" obtained the Keyblade from Riku because, according to the next question, had the right qualities. Strange, that word being used, temporarily. Such wording is exactly one of the reasons I'm not so firm that Sora’s Keyblade is even Sora’s.

Ok as explained above it was only in the beginning that "temporary" applied. After the keyblade chose him for the last time in the end of KH1 it chose him permanently. Again- confirmed by Nomura. This isn't hard to understand.  He says Sora wields his OWN and dual wields Ven's. Fact. Canon FACT. This is not a theory.

Riku later on got his own separate keyblade using Soul Eater as a base.” Obvious and irrelevant. 

No it's very relevant since Nomura explains how Riku went on after losing his original keyblade to wield his own separate this time based off Soul Eater.

“Xion's keyblade was a replica and Roxas wielded Sora's and Ven's.” Also irrelevant. I don’t particularly agree when people chime in to say Xion’s Keyblade is the third one Sora could wield during the Roxas fight, and my counter argument was that while people often include hers, why ignore Vanitas? I see you also ignore Vanitas. Do you believe he has the potential to wield Vanitas as readily as Ven's? It's yet to be seen. 

Her keyblade is not the third nor did i say that.  I said she did not even have her own bc hers is an imitation and a replica. This is very relevant however Vanitas is not relevant bc he was suppose to be destroyed in BBS which was why Ven was dying until he sought refuge in Sora. If he were to pull a Ven and hide in someone you can't even say it's Sora so he is irrelevant. In DDD vanitas was seen by Ven from inside Sora and was pure reaction. He wouldn't be reacting to seeing him if he also was inside Sora. Have you read these interviews at all? That was in DDD interviews

“Xion "made" Roxas throw that keyblade hoping Riku would stop Roxas.” Are you getting that because one interview says that Riku noticed Roxas had the real Keyblade that he, you know, gave Sora? Because that’s what all it says, that Riku sensed it, and I don’t think Xion helped him do that. Nothing in the interview even remotely says that Xion made Roxas do anything. There were some pretty flashbacks during the fight itself, as I recall, for the pleasure of the audience only, and not re-heard by anyone. I could argue that Xion had no control over the fight and that no one remembered her at that point already.

This interview says directly why Roxas threw the keyblade and it's bc of Xion's influence.This was her way of interfering so Riku could stop Roxas. This fact. When Roxas tries to do what Xion has asked of him, Riku hears Xion’s voice asking him to stop Roxas. Why?

Nomura: First he have to look at things in order. First, the reason why Roxas throws a keyblade to Riku, and we then see a vision of Xion, is that there is a small remaining part of Xion in Roxas that wants to stop him, and makes him take those actions. The name of the keyblade that is given to Riku suggests that it has something to do with Xion. Xion wants Roxas to set Kingdom Hearts free, but doesn’t want him to face Xemnas right now. She sees that he would most likely lose. So she begs Riku to stop him.

“Wielders can and do use other wielders keyblades as seen plenty of times in this series” Have we ever seen a wielder user another wielder’s Keyblade against them OTHER than when Riku took his Keyblade back from Sora? He didn’t get to keep it because he no longer had those ‘right qualities’ - and you’re going to hate me for assuming things, but I am to believe these are the terms at which he acquired it - to protect the things that matter. Attacking your friends outright, angrily, isn’t protecting anyone. Of course Riku couldn’t keep it.

Riku couldn't keep his keyblade bc he fell and was consumed in darkness he did not have in control. Riku eventually did get another keyblade bc he still had the qualities and learned to control his darkness.The keyblade Roxas threw btw was never specified to be Sora's or Ven's. It could've been Ven's for all we know.That's the thing you make a lot of assumptions with no facts and ignore outright canon facts provided just so your theory is not wrong.  I go by facts. Not opinion. There's no need for theories when you factual answers.

The first half of my post wasn’t even understood to be a theory-only, despite clearly stating it was what I personally thought, so, I’m not surprised the second half wasn’t understood.

Once again no need for theories when there are actual factual answers.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Master Xehanort calls Sora dull and ordinary due to him not being originally chosen to receive the Keyblade like the others all whom underwent the Inheritance Ceremony. Like the Master Xehanort the other Organization members constantly  mocked Sora for not having his own power even though they failed to realize that Sora's connections to other is the power chose to wield. The Inheritance Ceremony is nowhere near as vague as your trying to make it out to be. It's been stated the requirements to receive a Keyblade is to have a strong deemed worthy by the Keyblade and have the Inheritance Ceremony preformed by a wielder with the power of a master. Terra although flattered by Master Xehanort flattered he was not a Keyblade Master and in no way did Master Xehanort view of Terra effect Terra's ability to preform the ceremony. Terra although not being an official Master had the suitable power of one which is why he was able to preform the ceremony. Sora however did not have the suitable power of a Master at the time Jack handled the Keyblade nor was Jack deemed worthy of one.

The purpose of her pointing that out is to display who's keyblades they actually are. Considering you're trying to argue that Sora's Keyblade is actually still Riku's, and that Sora is only borrowing it I think that's highly relevant.

Again at first it was indeed in Sora's which is why Riku was able to take it back in that one incident in Kingdom Hearts. But after that it stayed with Sora for the rest of the series and is even refered to as belong to Sora.

Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?

There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there

Even in this interview makes a clear distinction that Riku, Kairi, and Sora's Keyblades are three different Keyblades (albeit the same type of Keyblade). Also how can you argue on one hand that Sora's Keyblade is Riku's and then on the other hand acknowledge that Riku got his own separate Keyblade created from Soul Eater. That seems extremely contradictory considering.

It's relevant because you brought it up as rebuttal to a point that nobody made but you assumed they would make. Most people on this site are already familiar with the fact that Xion does not wield a real Keyblade. Also Vanitas is a non factor when it comes to Sora considering he was destroyed before Ventus sought refuge in Sora's heart. This was clearly shown when Ventus' heart reacted to seeing Xehanort in the form of seeing Vanitas. Why would Ventus react in such a fashion if Vanitas was already there. 

That's literally word for word what that interview say

When Roxas tries to do what Xion has asked of him, Riku hears Xion’s voice asking him to stop Roxas. Why?

You're also neglecting the fact that those aren't Roxas' keyblades they were Sora's and Ven's which Roxas is able to use because of his status as Sora's Nobody. Your logic doesn't even really apply here. Also Riku was no longer able to call back that Keyblade because in that moment Sora proved that his heart was stronger then his and the Keyblade chose Sora over Riku. Even Ansem who is half Terra pointed out that was the reason and even Riku knew it was no longer his("Why it was mine" were his exact words) By your logic Riku could have summoned Sora's Keyblade the moment he first saw Roxas. It was never a matter of Riku taking it back Roxas physically gave it to him.

I'm sure Nomura will be like "Similar to D-links, Sora's connection to these people have so strong that he can call upon their powers to borrow their Keyblades for a time, even from far away."

Edited by Isamu_Kuno