Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Konami to develop AAA console Metal Gear Solid without Kojima, more Silent Hill & Castlevania too

And even with FF, I still think every game (with the exception of FFIX) lacks something without Sakaguchi's involvement. That's just my opinion, though.

Sakaguchi's style ? Or whatever.I always though (and still do) that the series is better with the less involvement Sakaguchi has(misteps happens, mind you) and is less attached to him.

"---You were a “solo team” in the beginning?

Nomura:   I was a one man team for a year. (laugh) I began after FFVIII."

You can name everybody who worked on the franchise with him, you can go down the entire list of credits, but the simple fact is that Nomura made KH. He was there from the beginning and is still there, he's the one who drew up the characters, the themes. Not even Hashimoto can say that and he's been there almost as long. While we're in the middle of whatever with the direction Nomura wants to go, suddenly replacing him would be a bad, bad idea. Hashimoto writes up some story points, Sakaguchi gave some advice, and Kitase is there too, but the main guy at the top with final say is him.

All Final Fantasy requires is somebody or multiple people with an original idea to go from there. KH requires you to intimately understand the characters, what they've been through, what the world is like, the history, the motives, etc, etc. and not everybody is going to be interested or, if they are, not everybody has the same vision as Tetsuya Nomura does.

And even with FF, I still think every game (with the exception of FFIX) lacks something without Sakaguchi's involvement. That's just my opinion, though.

LOL. Without them Nomura wouldn't have been allowed to make KH. Plain and simple. 

He wrote and co-produced IX. Lol.

LOL. Without them Nomura wouldn't have been allowed to make KH. Plain and simple. 

He wrote and co-produced IX. Lol.

You just proved my point, though. Their role in all of this is that they started talks with Disney to come up with the concept of a crossover game, then gave Nomura permission to create the franchise and then once he got the story to what it eventually became, then they organized collectively to officially begin development...but it was Nomura who sat down and really created the franchise. He didn't come up with FF/Disney, but he spun that off to what it is now.

Yeah, he was more involved in FFIX but he didn't have directorial status like the first five (Well, FFI doesn't count in that regard, but he was one of the lead developers, anyway) or was more heavily involved like during FFVI and VII. So I wouldn't give him full credit for what was clearly Hiroyuki Ito's project.

Edited by Kaweebo

You just proved my point, though. Their role in all of this is that they started talks with Disney to come up with the concept of a crossover game, then gave Nomura permission to create the franchise and then once he got the story to what it eventually became, then they organized collectively to officially begin development...but it was Nomura who sat down and really created the franchise. He didn't come up with FF/Disney, but he spun that off to what it is now.

Yeah, he was more involved in FFIX but he didn't have directorial status like the first five (Well, FFI doesn't count in that regard, but he was one of the lead developers, anyway) or was more heavily involved like during FFVI and VII. So I wouldn't give him full credit for what was clearly Hiroyuki Ito's project.

He was director for the first one. And history shows the series took off as soon as he was promoted to producer.

He was director for the first one. And history shows the series took off as soon as he was promoted to producer.

His Wikipedia page says otherwise but yeah, basically, I guess. The first couple post-Sakaguchi FF games are the best in the series, but obviously, as producer, he still had a level of involvement and with FFVI, VII and IX he even had real story involvement. But FFVIII, X, XII and especially XIII are medicore by comparison, with each later installment getting worse and worse. (Although, I'd argue that FFX is a better game than FFVIII even if both of their stories suck) As he got less and less involved with the franchise, it plummets from there. That's what I'm afraid of for the KH franchise if something ever happens with Nomura. 

Then you got RPGs like Blue Dragon and The Last Story, both of which were very well-done while Lightning sulks off in the distance because she's from an inferior game. 

Edited by Kaweebo

His Wikipedia page says otherwise but yeah, basically, I guess. The first couple post-Sakaguchi FF games are the best in the series, but obviously, as producer, he still had a level of involvement and with FFVI, VII and IX he even had real story involvement. But FFVIII, X, XII and especially XIII are medicore by comparison, with each later installment getting worse and worse. (Although, I'd argue that FFX is a better game than FFVIII even if both of their stories suck) As he got less and less involved with the franchise, it plummets from there. That's what I'm afraid of for the KH franchise if something ever happens with Nomura. 

Then you got RPGs like Blue Dragon and The Last Story, both of which were very well-done while Lightning sulks off in the distance because she's from an inferior game. 

LOL. FFX is regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. And VIII, XII and XIII all did great.

XIII did sooo much better than those two games.

LOL. FFX is regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. And VIII, XII and XIII all did great.

XIII did sooo much better than those two games.

Sure, financially, but so is the Transformers franchise.