Dragon Quest Builders

Dragon Quest Heroes II

New Mana title

Project Setsuna

Final Fantasy Agito+ - might be cancelled

Upcoming Nintendo 3DS games:

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Dragon Quest XI

Hey, wow wow, hey! The 3DS and Wii U aren't aweful systems if that is what we are getting at here. The 3DS is a great handheld, sure it doesn't have 1080 graphics, but it still has a great picture and the games it has in it's library are fun! Tell me how Pokemon isn't fun! And the Wii U has great graphics and has great games too! Just because the great and powerful Square a Enix doesn't like Nintendo doesn't make Nintendo a bad company!

Hey, wow wow, hey! The 3DS and Wii U aren't aweful systems if that is what we are getting at here. The 3DS is a great handheld, sure it doesn't have 1080 graphics, but it still has a great picture and the games it has in it's library are fun! Tell me how Pokemon isn't fun! And the Wii U has great graphics and has great games too! Just because the great and powerful Square a Enix doesn't like Nintendo doesn't make Nintendo a bad company!

Well Vita is 540p. 

And no one's knocking Wii U or 3DS. I made this topic because it's a massive change when not too long ago Vita only had a launch game no one knows about and X/X-2 HD from Square Enix and 3DS was getting pretty good support.

Yet there are more upcoming 3DS exclusive games than the Vita. Speaking from a western point of view any ways, we have FF Explorers and Bravely Second next year.

Square Enix may be finally supporting the Vita, but they are all games that are also either on a smartphone or on the PS3/PS4. As an owner of a Vita I know that I'll be playing World of FF on PS4 instead. Same for Setsuna.

I wouldn't really say Square Enix are supporting the Vita more when they have countless games on 3DS over the Vita.

Seems more like they prefer PS3/PS4 and are just porting their games to the Vita as well to try to get more sales, honestly.

Well, the Vita is a more powerful machine. I'm sure any developer would choose Vita over 3DS, but unfortunately, developers need to release games that will sell more copies.

I'd prefer developing games for the 3DS. It might not be as powerful, but has a lot of different features, and Nintendo does a good job of supporting indie developers who make games for their systems. Not to mention that I'd need to buy a Vita if I wanted to make games for it, and there's nothing on the system that interests me outside of ports of games I could already play on the PS3 (Or PS4 when I get one).

Yet there are more upcoming 3DS exclusive games than the Vita. Speaking from a western point of view any ways, we have FF Explorers and Bravely Second next year.Square Enix may be finally supporting the Vita, but they are all games that are also either on a smartphone or on the PS3/PS4. As an owner of a Vita I know that I'll be playing World of FF on PS4 instead. Same for Setsuna.I wouldn't really say Square Enix are supporting the Vita more when they have countless games on 3DS over the Vita.

Seems more like they prefer PS3/PS4 and are just porting their games to the Vita as well to try to get more sales, honestly.

I'd prefer developing games for the 3DS. It might not be as powerful, but has a lot of different features, and Nintendo does a good job of supporting indie developers who make games for their systems. Not to mention that I'd need to buy a Vita if I wanted to make games for it, and there's nothing on the system that interests me outside of ports of games I could already play on the PS3 (Or PS4 when I get one).

Aren't most of those Vita games downports from PS4/PS3 though? I'm sure if Vita wasn't powerful enough to receive those it'd be getting less support.

Check your facts. Only one exclusive 3DS game from SE in development and that's Joker 3.

And World of Final Fantasy isn't a "downport" there are pretty good reasons for the Vita version.

Check your facts. Only one exclusive 3DS game from SE in development and that's Joker 3.

And World of Final Fantasy isn't a "downport" there are pretty good reasons for the Vita version.

Check your facts. Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second are still in development for their Western release. Doesn't matter if they are already out in Japan, they are still 3DS exclusive titles that are confirmed elsewhere, but not out.

The games you've listed above,

• World of Final Fantasy: Is being developed for the PS4 and Vita. It's safe to say it aint being made for the Vita and then ported to the PS4 and the game won't have two different versions. Therefore, it is being ported to the Vita. It may have good reasons for being on the Vita, but it is a "downport".
  • SaGa Scarlet Grace: SaGa is the only on the Vita so yeah... It's being developed solely with the system in mind.
  • Dragon Quest Builders: It's in the exact same position as World of Final Fantasy except there is also a PS3 version. They are tapping into a market where, if you base this on recent sales in Japan, Minecraft has proved to be successful on Vita. Slap Dragon Quest on the box and BAM, why not make a quick buck on a Vita version?
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II: Eh.
  • New Mana title: Don't get me started on how this series is treated by Square Enix. Between its transition to mobile and lack of console release in many many years, I doubt this new Mana title will do nothing to tap into the potential the Vita can offer. Exclusive or not.
  • Project Setsuna: This title looks to be in the same boat as World of Final Fantasy. Graphics don't look too demanding though, but it's also a way for them to make more of a push at the Vita.

I get your original point of "haha Square Enix are supporting the Vita more than the 3DS nowadays", but the bottom line is they are not supporting the system like they supported the 3DS in the past or heck, not even how they supported the PSP all those years ago. I look at games from Square Enix that I can only get on my 3DS like, Bravely Default or KH3D (don't even bring up 2.8) and even the Dragon Quest games that they hold closely to the Nintendo handheld. Yet when I look at the Vita I see ports of games I could get elsewhere like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, World of Final Fantasy, Setsuna, etc. If they wanted to really support the system why didn't we see games like Dissidia go to the system as its fans were on the PSP? Why haven't we seen anything Final Fantasy outside of one port? They supported the PSP far greater than they have the with the Vita, but that is the case with everyone. So they are playing catch-up now. Big deal. The Vita has been out for nearly 4 years in Japan and Square Enix have not supported it outside of ports. Square Enix's library on the 3DS far exceeds their library on the Vita and even with these upcoming games that isn't going to change.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

Check your facts. Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second are still in development for their Western release. Doesn't matter if they are already out in Japan, they are still 3DS exclusive titles that are confirmed elsewhere, but not out.

The games you've listed above,

• World of Final Fantasy: Is being developed for the PS4 and Vita. It's safe to say it aint being made for the Vita and then ported to the PS4 and the game won't have two different versions. Therefore, it is being ported to the Vita. It may have good reasons for being on the Vita, but it is a "downport".
  • SaGa Scarlet Grace: SaGa is the only on the Vita so yeah... It's being developed solely with the system in mind.
  • Dragon Quest Builders: It's in the exact same position as World of Final Fantasy except there is also a PS3 version. They are tapping into a market where, if you base this on recent sales in Japan, Minecraft has proved to be successful on Vita. Slap Dragon Quest on the box and BAM, why not make a quick buck on a Vita version?
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II: Eh.
  • New Mana title: Don't get me started on how this series is treated by Square Enix. Between its transition to mobile and lack of console release in many many years, I doubt this new Mana title will do nothing to tap into the potential the Vita can offer. Exclusive or not.
  • Project Setsuna: This title looks to be in the same boat as World of Final Fantasy. Graphics don't look too demanding though, but it's also a way for them to make more of a push at the Vita.

I get your original point of "haha Square Enix are supporting the Vita more than the 3DS nowadays", but the bottom line is they are not supporting the system like they supported the 3DS in the past or heck, not even how they supported the PSP all those years ago. I look at games from Square Enix that I can only get on my 3DS like, Bravely Default or KH3D (don't even bring up 2.8) and even the Dragon Quest games that they hold closely to the Nintendo handheld. Yet when I look at the Vita I see ports of games I could get elsewhere like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, World of Final Fantasy, Setsuna, etc. If they wanted to really support the system why didn't we see games like Dissidia go to the system as its fans were on the PSP? Why haven't we seen anything Final Fantasy outside of one port? They supported the PSP far greater than they have the with the Vita, but that is the case with everyone. So they are playing catch-up now, big deal? The Vita has been out for nearly 4 years in Japan and Square Enix have not supported it outside of ports. Square Enix's library on the 3DS far exceeds their library on the Vita and even with these upcoming games that isn't going to change.

Haha, I don't even own a Vita. I own a 3DS. I am simply comparing the massive change in support.

The Mana game is a 3D remake of the original.

And the 3DS library far exceeds the Vita library? Lol. What does the 3DS have outside of some Dragon Quest remakes and ports? KH3D, which yes I will bring it up is getting ported to PS4. Curtain Call, a fine game but even it's original version with added content and in HD is on iOS. Explorers which clearly didn't do that well and Bravely which Square Enix won't even publish outside of Japan.

Both the Vita & 3DS have not received strong overall support from Square Enix. 3DS had some titles early now Vita has some titles but both have taken a massive hit because console games take more staff and resources and you can make easy money off mobile games.