Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Discussion Topic - now available on PC, iOS & Android

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII, the third and final part of the acclaimed and hugely successful FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy is now available on iOS & Android devices in Japan via cloud streaming. Like with FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, Square Enix has gotten Broadmedia Corporation to release the game on iOS & Android.

iOS

Android

You can now enjoy all 3 titles on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC, iOS & Android. We’re still hoping for a collection on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One though, so keep telling Square Enix we want it!

LOL. Ever read the credits?

Posted Image

And if you ask Nojima, there was four writers: Nojima, Watanabe, Toriyama & Kitase.

Notice how how under his name it says (event) 

I don't care how much you worship the guy,it's clear as day right under his name that he was just an event direcor

Notice how how under his name it says (event) 

I don't care how much you worship the guy,it's clear as day right under his name that he was just an event direcor

Notice how there's ZERO other directors credited, just those 3. Lol. Same situation for the main programmers if you look down. Under your logic there's no director or main programmer. Lol.

Also

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess Ito didn't direct XII then. Lol. Keep hating, you love a game directed by Toriyama.

Edited by Sora96

I wouldn't call the XIII series "acclaimed". Lightning Returns has a 66 Metacritic, XIII-2 has a 79, and XIII has a 83. Those are average scores, especially compared with other Final Fantasy games.

Square Enix would and does and that's all that matters. Your hate means nothing. And just look at the Japanese review scores. XIII-2 one of ONLY 23 games to ever get a perfect score.

Edited by Sora96

Square Enix would and does and that's all that matters. Your hate means nothing. And just look at the Japanese review scores. XIII-2 one of ONLY 23 games to ever get a perfect score.

LMAO. I'm not hating. Just stating facts, They weren't critically acclaimed in the West and received some of the worst reviews ever for the series.Your comment was fair until you edited in an unnecessary insult.

LMAO. I'm not hating. Just stating facts, They weren't critically acclaimed in the West and received some of the worst reviews ever for the series.

Your comment was fair until you edited in an unnecessary insult.

And so am I.

I think this is pretty darn good

1UP.com A−

CVG 9.2/10
Eurogamer 8/10
Famitsu 39/40
Game Informer 9.25/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
GameSpy 4.5/5
IGN 8.9/10
OPM (UK) 9/10
Dengeki 100/100

Is plenty of acclaim.

Posted Image
Edited by Sora96

And so am I.

I think this is pretty darn good

1UP.com A−

CVG 9.2/10
Eurogamer 8/10
Famitsu 39/40
Game Informer 9.25/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
GameSpy 4.5/5
IGN 8.9/10
OPM (UK) 9/10
Dengeki 100/100

Is plenty of acclaim.

Yeah, FFXIII received a few good reviews but each subsequent game got progressively worse scores. I'm not denying that the series was successful, just that it wasn't critically acclaimed. If it ended on XIII then maybe you could say the game was successful both commercially and critically but as it stands it is only a commercial success.

Edited by atheist123

Yeah, FFXIII received a few good reviews but each subsequent game got progressively worse scores. I'm not denying that the series was successful, just that it wasn't critically acclaimed. If it ended on XIII then maybe you could say the game was successful both commercially and critically but as it stands it is only a commercial success.

Square Enix said it was, and what they say matters most, a lot more than a few websites that close down.

That's not true at all. Look at the Japanese reviews for the sequels.

Famitsu - 40/40 & 37/40

Dengeki - again, 100/100

And the western reviews for XIII-2 were a lot of 8's from the major ones which is a great score.

Edited by Sora96

Square Enix said it was, and what they say matters more than a few websites that close down.

That's not true at all. Look at the Japanese reviews for the sequels.

Famitsu - 40/40 & 37/40

Dengeki - again, 100/100

I acknowledged that the Japanese praised the game. I guess if we are only talking about Japan and not the rest of the world then your original comment is true.

I acknowledged that the Japanese praised the game. I guess if we are only talking about Japan and not the rest of the world then your original comment is true.

Well this is for a Japanese game that is only available in Japanese for these versions. But even then, XIII-2 got a lot of 8's in the west which are still great scores that nearly all games would happily take.

Well this is for a Japanese game that is only available in Japanese for these versions. But even then, XIII-2 got a lot of 8's in the west which are still great scores that nearly all games would happily take.

Most Western publishers expect a Metacritic above 85 for a game to be considered critically successful (the most famous example of this is Bethesda with New Vegas, which got a 84 and made the devs miss a bonus)... by many publishers standards all three Final Fantasy XIII games would have been critical failures.

I agree that 8's are good scores but from the perspective of the game's industry those scores are just slightly above average.

Most Western publishers expect a Metacritic above 85 for a game to be considered critically successful (the most famous example of this is Bethesda with New Vegas, which got a 84 and made the devs miss a bonus)... by many publishers standards all three Final Fantasy XIII games would have been critical failures.

I agree that 8's are good scores but from the perspective of the game's industry those scores are just slightly above average.

Well Square Enix don't work like that and thank god because hardly any of their games would have been "critically successful". Sticking to this '85' is stupid. 8's are great scores. I think a 7 is good.

Edited by Sora96

Well Square Enix don't work like that and thank god because hardly any of their games would have been "critically successful". Sticking to this '85' is stupid. 8's are great scores. I think a 7 is good.

Yeah, 8's are good. A 70 Metacritic, though, means it has a lower score than 50% of all games, which means it is below average. I still enjoy plenty of games with low scores but anything below a 75 should be considered a critical failure (which is very rare for Square Enix games, with only a few like Type-0 HD and Lightning Returns failing).

Yeah, 8's are good. A 70 Metacritic, though, means it has a lower score than 50% of all games, which means it is below average. I still enjoy plenty of games with low scores but anything below a 75 should be considered a critical failure (which is very rare for Square Enix games, with only a few like Type-0 HD and Lightning Returns failing).

Actually it's not very rare. In the last two years alone: Explorers got 70. Thief got 67 & 69 while Just Cause 3 got 71, 73 and 74. Drakengard 3 got 61.

Edited by Sora96

Actually it's not very rare. In the last two years alone: Explorers got 70. Thief got 67 & 69 while Just Cause 3 got 71, 73 and 74. Drakengard 3 got 61.

Yeah, I guess there are a few more. Thief was horrible so I think it definitely deserved that score, don't know about the others.

Yeah, I guess there are a few more. Thief was horrible so I think it definitely deserved that score, don't know about the others.

It's the majority of their new releases in 2014/15. Lol. Explorers got repetitive I hear, Just Cause 3 was down to its performance & story. Drakengard 3, well most things. The story & graphics in particular.