Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weedanort

Image Most Animes Nowadays

No, I'm not including that. Although, considering how Water 7 segues directly into Enies Lobby, like how Jaya does for Skypeia, you might as well include them. But even then, no, the pacing was a pain in the ass. Or at least it was near the end, when you knew exactly how it was going to end 10 episodes in or so. I'm not discrediting what will come after up until the Time Skip either, at least not yet, but I'm just saying, if the problem is already prevalent where I am, I doubt it's going to be painless.

They really don't have to do what they're doing. I understand not wanting to catch up with the manga, but seriously, one chapter per episodeThat is ludicrous. It's also the same method that Studio Pierriot tried with Naruto Shippuden when it was first starting and that almost killed the anime. It wasn't until they started using 2 or 3 chapters that it really improved, and I think the same can be done for the One Piece anime. Heck, any method that limits the amount of padding that TOEI can throw into an episode would be much appreciated.

Well, that's your opinion, I respect that.

Yes they do. The anime is currently about 30 chapters behind the manga, which are 30 episodes if they stick to the one-chapter-per-episode thing. If they use 2 or 3 chapters, the anime will catch up with the manga in 15 weeks, and they can't let that happen. Because then they have to make more filler arcs or the anime will have more breaks, and neither of them sounds appealing to me.

Yes they do. The anime is currently about 30 chapters behind the manga, which are 30 episodes if they stick to the one-chapter-per-episode thing. If they use 2 or 3 chapters, the anime will catch up with the manga in 15 weeks, and they can't let that happen. Because then they have to make more filler arcs or the anime will have more breaks, and neither of them sounds appealing to me.

That's their own f*cking fault. Obviously, their scheduling has locked them in a corner and not they can't budge. Fine for them in the long run, but meanwhile, the viewing audience has to suffer.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

That's their own f*cking fault. Obviously, their scheduling has locked them in a corner and not they can't budge. Fine for them in the long run, but meanwhile, the viewing audience has to suffer.

Oh come on, no one has to suffer. What's so terrible about one chapter per episode? The people who read the manga, like me, aren't getting more in a week too, and if you don't like the pacing of the anime blame the manga, because they have almost the same pacing (besides for the fillers).

Oh come on, no one has to suffer. What's so terrible about one chapter per episode?

Everything. It's tedious, it's boring, it's so obviously trying to stall for time. At least with the manga, it's just pictures with text so that it saves time in showing movement and gets to the point quicker. TOEI has to add in scenes that go together with the manga panels they adapt, obviously, but they do it in a way that slows down everything and keeps the momentum at a standstill most of the time, especially when they repeat footage from previous episodes or footage contained within the same episode.

The people who read the manga, like me, aren't getting more in a week too, and if you don't like the pacing of the anime blame the manga, because they have almost the same pacing (besides for the fillers).

That's not an excuse. An anime adaption can adapt as much content as it chooses to as long as the handlers know what they're doing.

Everything. It's tedious, it's boring, it's so obviously trying to stall for time. At least with the manga, it's just pictures with text so that it saves time in showing movement and gets to the point quicker. TOEI has to add in scenes that go together with the manga panels they adapt, obviously, but they do it in a way that slows down everything and keeps the momentum at a standstill most of the time, especially when they repeat footage from previous episodes or footage contained within the same episode.

I disagree, I don't think it's boring or tedious. And if you don't like it now, you will hate it later when you come to the Post Time-Skip part, just saying. As for the part about the flashbacks, I already said that I agree here.

That's not an excuse. An anime adaption can adapt as much content as it chooses to as long as the handlers know what they're doing.

It kinda is, when you think about it. Other mangas maybe have a better or faster pacing, thus the anime has a better pacing. And like I said, how should they use 2 chapters per episode? The anime started only two years after the manga, it would have caught up with it in no time.

And if I remember correctly Naruto Shippuden only uses 2 chapters per episode because it has a lot of filler episodes. And I don't want that for One Piece.

I disagree, I don't think it's boring or tedious. And if you don't like it now, you will hate it later when you come to the Post Time-Skip part, just saying. As for the part about the flashbacks, I already said that I agree here.

You don't think that watching the same footage over and over again combined with stretching out the already limited content is tedious? It's the definition of tedious.

It kinda is, when you think about it. Other mangas maybe have a better or faster pacing, thus the anime has a better pacing. And like I said, how should they use 2 chapters per episode? The anime started only two years after the manga, it would have caught up with it in no time.

And if I remember correctly Naruto Shippuden only uses 2 chapters per episode because it has a lot of filler episodes. And I don't want that for One Piece.

No it would have not. By the time first episode of the anime premiered, there were 10 frickin' volumes of the manga already available to to the public, totaling 80+ chapters of content to use.

No, it's because 2 chapters at a time is a norm. One chapter per episode is only used for studios that can't get with the program.

Either way, there has to be a balance. Do you know why the last episodes of the first Naruto anime were all filler, sans the ending of the final episode? Because although Pierrot adapted the Naruto manga at a fairly good rate sans a little bit of filler here and there and even an entire arc before the last canon arc, they found themselves out of material to use, and they couldn't use Part II at the time so they had to settle for making filler.

They corrected this with Shippuden after they moved out of the one chapter deal because at least the filler gave them more time to adapt properly and consume more content at a time. One Piece can do the same if TOEI learns how to handle it better.

You don't think that watching the same footage over and over again combined with stretching out the already limited content is tedious? It's the definition of tedious.

Those were only about six episodes in the Enies Lobby arc, they're not using the same footage over and over again, what are you talking about?

No it would have not. By the time first episode of the anime premiered, there were 10 frickin' volumes of the manga already available to to the public, totaling 80+ chapters of content to use.

That was 16 years ago. It would have caught up with it eventually, without using more fillers.

No, it's because 2 chapters at a time is a norm. One chapter per episode is only used for studios that can't get with the program.

Either way, there has to be a balance. Do you know why the last episodes of the first Naruto anime were all filler, sans the ending of the final episode? Because although Pierrot adapted the Naruto manga at a fairly good rate sans a little bit of filler here and there and even an entire arc before the last canon arc, they found themselves out of material to use, and they couldn't use Part II at the time so they had to settle for making filler.

They corrected this with Shippuden after they moved out of the one chapter deal because at least the filler gave them more time to adapt properly and consume more content at a time. One Piece can do the same if TOEI learns how to handle it better.

So you're saying you would prefer more filler if they used more than one chapter per episode then? Because I prefer the way it is now, to be honest.

Those were only about six episodes in the Enies Lobby arc, they're not using the same footage over and over again, what are you talking about?

I'm not just talking about Enies Lobby. In general, most episodes start out with a recap of what happened in the last episode, and sometimes it can drag on for too long.

That was 16 years ago. It would have caught up with it eventually, without using more fillers.

No it wouldn't have. If TOEI went with 2 chapters per episode from the get go, 80 episodes would be cut into 40 episodes, but either way, they'd still be behind because the manga is always on-going. By the time it catches up to the point where the manga was last updated, it would have new material to cover.

So you're saying you would prefer more filler if they used more than one chapter per episode then? Because I prefer the way it is now, to be honest.

If the filler done right, then sure. Anything is better than this tedious nonsense. The filler doesn't even have to be based on making new arcs. Filler can used in different ways, like how TOEI used it to expand fight sequences in DragonBall and DragonBall Z, almost the only time where filler actually helped the anime is some way.

I'm not just talking about Enies Lobby. In general, most episodes start out with a recap of what happened in the last episode, and sometimes it can drag on for too long.

Ok, fair point. I just skip the beginning, but I know what you mean, though that's not a One Piece only problem.

No it wouldn't have. If TOEI went with 2 chapters per episode from the get go, 80 episodes would be cut into 40 episodes, but either way, they'd still be behind because the manga is always on-going. By the time it catches up to the point where the manga was last updated, it would have new material to cover.

Yes it would have, because the episodes are released every week, with literally no break, while we only get about 40 chapters of the manga per year, because the writer needs some breaks. That is the reason why filler exist in the first place.

If the filler done right, then sure. Anything is better than this tedious nonsense. The filler doesn't even have to be based on making new arcs. Filler can used in different ways, like how TOEI used it to expand fight sequences in DragonBall and DragonBall Z, almost the only time where filler actually helped the anime is some way.

That is exactly what TOEI is doing with One Piece since a few arcs. And I agree, if they do that right, I'm fine with it, but I hate it when they invent any new combos and attacks, which never happened in the manga and are just so bad that you know it's not in the manga.

Yes it would have, because the episodes are released every week, with literally no break, while we only get about 40 chapters of the manga per year, because the writer needs some breaks. That is the reason why filler exist in the first place.

He takes like one break per year, and even then, it's only one chapter lost. It's not that much of a difference.

That is exactly what TOEI is doing with One Piece since a few arcs. And I agree, if they do that right, I'm fine with it, but I hate it when they invent any new combos and attacks, which never happened in the manga and are just so bad that you know it's not in the manga.

I'll take new moves over tediousness please.

He takes like one break per year, and even then, it's only one chapter lost. It's not that much of a difference.

That's bullshit, he took alone in 2013 and 2014 9 breaks, each year!

I'll take new moves over tediousness please.

Only when they're good.

That's bullshit, he took alone in 2013 and 2014 9 breaks, each year!

Okay fine, I don't know Oda's track record of taking breaks that well.

Look, as of right now, this argument is becoming even more frustrating than the anime's pacing. I say we reach a impasse already.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Look, as of right now, this argument is becoming even more frustrating than the anime's pacing. I say we reach a impasse already.

Just wanted to say that he takes a lot breaks.

Yeah, you're right.

Just wanted to say that he takes a lot breaks.

Yeah, you're right.

Awww, I was about to get more popcorn