Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shana09

Official Super Mario Maker Thread

Posted Image

Hey everyone! So since Super Mario Maker's release on Friday I figured it'd be good to have a thread based on. Here we will discuss and have talk about/joke about Mario Maker, the community maps, play each others levels for fun and share and stuff.

What is Super Mario Maker?

Super Mario Maker is a game where you design your very own Mario levels. You can use layouts from the different games (like Super Mario Wii U or the original Super Mario) and you can use all the items in the games to design your levels. You can share them online and play other peoples levels as well. You can do much more too like complete challenges and such.

You can also show off your levels here and feel free to say whatever about the levels in the game!

Note: If you are going to comment in a negative way about someone else's levels here, try not to be offensive. Like don't say stuff like "omg that level sucks and you suck". You can give criticism if you want, which is totally fine.

I have a question for those who have the game, is it fairly straightforward to make levels?

I haven't picked up the game, but even though I do have and enjoy the Mario series (I have 3D World, NSMBU & Luigi U on the Wii U) I've been reluctant to pick up Maker as I don't think I'd be very good at well... Making Mario levels.

Mine should be arriving any day now!

WOO lets share some levels soon!

I have a question for those who have the game, is it fairly straightforward to make levels?

I haven't picked up the game, but even though I do have and enjoy the Mario series (I have 3D World, NSMBU & Luigi U on the Wii U) I've been reluctant to pick up Maker as I don't think I'd be very good at well... Making Mario levels.

Its pretty easy. Somethings are a little weird like for example imagine you have this brilliant idea but it goes wrong for some reason like enemies enemies shooting through walls or swimming through them or even like enemies getting stuck.

You can just have fun with it, get creative. Its not too difficult and stressful. 

B61A-0000-0030-1AC9

Made an awesome Luigi's Mansion level. It's huge.

I'll check it out when I have the chance!

WOO lets share some levels soon!

Its pretty easy. Somethings are a little weird like for example imagine you have this brilliant idea but it goes wrong for some reason like enemies enemies shooting through walls or swimming through them or even like enemies getting stuck.

You can just have fun with it, get creative. Its not too difficult and stressful. 

I'll check it out when I have the chance!

Definitely will for sure. I honestly can't wait!

Edited by Flaming Lea

If someone buys me the game, I can share my levels. Shana you up for buying a copy for me? ;)

The game seems interesting, probably something I can get to play my Wii U again. Lol.

If someone buys me the game, I can share my levels. Shana you up for buying a copy for me? ;)

The game seems interesting, probably something I can get to play my Wii U again. Lol.

Boy its like $60.

This game ain't even worth $60 its like worth $20. Still a good game.

It is interesting when you got someone to share your levels with. It makes it even funner.

Boy its like $60.

This game ain't even worth $60 its like worth $20. Still a good game.

It is interesting when you got someone to share your levels with. It makes it even funner.

more fun* ;)

That's why I'm going to wait for the price to drop to like, $30-40? I'll see, maybe I'll get persuaded to get it at $60. :P

I've been playing this game all weekend. I've produced a grand total of about... 3 actually decent stages (and 1 kind of acceptable stage, but it's probably more luck based). I'll stop by later to share them. Edited them into the post.

The only stage I've gotten any stars for is an amiibo focused one, Pikachu's Adventure. Just running through the stages is fairly easy, but I put a bunch of secrets into it. I tried to keep most of it seem Pokemon themed, but some of it is kind of a stretch. Overall I like the level, but there is one mistake. Right near the end the path is blocked and requires a P Switch. But it's pretty easy to mess up after hitting it, and depending on how fast you are (and how quickly a pipe decides to spawn it's item) you might get completely locked out from completing the level.

I also made a Palutena themed level. I tried to style it after the Kid Icarus style platforming. I think its pretty decent, but I haven't been able to beat it yet... I mean, it's perfectly possible, I've beaten each segment in the Editor, but every time I try to do it "for real" I make a stupid mistake. Plus I'm just generally bad at platforming, so...

EDIT:

Pikachu's Adventure: CC1B-0000-0028-5ABD (My most "popular" one. Spent the most time building this one.)

Pyropoint Keep: 10EF-0000-002A-9F0B (Tried my hand at making a castle stage. Pretty short, but a decent challenge.)

Palutena's Journey: E67C-0000-0033-F747 (Newest one. Tried to emulate the platforming in Kid Icarus somewhat. I have a hard time clearing this. So hard a time that the final segment has been very toned down compared to what it originally was.)

I have one more, but I don't really like it much. Hop on a Yoshi and into a Clown Car, and try to fly through to the end... Not so much challenging as cheap, but if you wanna try...

Hazardous Skies: A9A3-0000-0025-83EC

Edited by DragonMaster

I thought it would be fun for those who have gotten Super Mario Maker to have a place on here where they could upload course IDs, so that way other people on here can play those levels as well as share their own! So if you want to give us your course IDs, this would be the place to do so, also if you want to just talk about Super Mario Maker in general, then you can do that here as well! :)

I'd like to just see what kinds of levels people have made, since I probably won't be able to get Mario Maker until Christmas time.

I did however, make excellent levels in Mario vs Donkeykong: Mini Land Mayhem! Also LittleBigPlanet, Some awesome minigames in WarioWare: DIY, and many more!

I hope that I can get this game soon. Wish me luck. xD

(>.< Please, I need this game...)

I want to play this game so bad. Moreso to create Kaizo levels and the like than to play them though xD I'd leave the playing to my brother. In any case, I've been mostly watching livestreams of this game and getting the streamer to play the REALLY difficult levels, near-Boshy, is so nice to watch. The struggle! The suffering! The puzzling! THE SALT! 8D

That being said, I have here some levels to share from people I've watched make them:

Ultimate-r Mario Challenge F579-0000-003E-DCE4

Wizardopolis 622D-0000-0034-3531

Sky High Shuffle 1C64-0000-003B-82DD

Pit of Panga: Yoshi 7011-0000-0034-6480

Chain Chomp Challenge 5021-0000-0010-CDED

Bahroo's Castle E2E7-0000-0048-4341

Super Mario Boys EFBA-0000-0039-9C3B

(title forgotten) C16E-0000-0043-5320

(title forgotten) 805D-0000-0042-C189

(Note that these are mostly difficult at the top)

Edited by Solarclaw

My levels! Worked so hard on them, especially the recent two. From my first creation to my recent

Villa: 1EB5-0000-0027-E46C

Tide Maze: BE9C-0000-0027-E8C9

Aerial Skytop: C07F-0000-002A-226E

Mischief Dungeon: DC15-0000-0047-9AB6

Supa Junior Hills: 9197-0000-0047-A0A1

I want to play this game so bad. Moreso to create Kaizo levels and the like than to play them though xD I'd leave the playing to my brother. In any case, I've been mostly watching livestreams of this game and getting the streamer to play the REALLY difficult levels, near-Boshy, is so nice to watch. The struggle! The suffering! The puzzling! THE SALT! 8D

That being said, I have here some levels to share from people I've watched make them:

Ultimate-r Mario Challenge F579-0000-003E-DC34

Wizardopolis 622D-0000-0034-3531

Sky High Shuffle 1C64-0000-003B-82DD

Pit of Panga: Yoshi 7011-0000-0034-6480

Chain Chomp Challenge 5021-0000-0010-CDED

Bahroo's Castle E2E7-0000-0048-4341

Super Mario Boys EFBA-0000-0039-9C3B

(title forgotten) C16E-0000-0043-5320

(title forgotten) 805D-0000-0042-C189

(Note that these are mostly difficult at the top)

You aren't kidding about difficulty I can barely make it past the very beginning of Wizard. Sky High i just got through the pipe and it was over.

The first one isn't popping up tho idk why.

B61A-0000-0030-1AC9

Made an awesome Luigi's Mansion level. It's huge.

I got so far but I don't know if i got into an area i cant get out ( a place with three big boos) and i thought about quitting but damn i won. Still looks fresh, i like it lmao.

Edited by Shana09

This game is making me better at Mario: I'm going back and playing the old ones that I watched my brother beat, haha.

Anyway some of my mediocre creations:

Clowns are scary: E184-0000-007A-82E1

Happy Home Showcase!(Ended up more like happy home invasion, especially near the end where you scale a wall and take out some guards Assassins Creed style, haha.) Featuring Digsby! : B970-0000-0061-F2C8

Tanks, A Lot: F1DB-0000-006A-5494

This one turned out harder than I expected, hint: you can go into all the tanks. ( except the last two, which are part of Boswer Jrs play-tank, haha) and there's a hidden star... In a dangerous place ;)

Finally, that day has truly come to be. Steven Drake officially owns Super Mario Maker! Get ready for the time of your 100-Lives! xDHere, I'm gonna present one of my currently most popular levels. Alert: The Username says Tim, because the account I'm using is my brother's Mii.Half-Minute Mansion Dash! ID: C437-0000-0153-3F6BHit the switch and make a run for it! You have 30 seconds to get to that Goal. Hint: It is possible to clear the course within 8 seconds. Can you find the precise route?And there shall be more to come. Got any ideas you would like me to try? You may also like my Pirahna Plant Spin-athon course.Pirahna Plant Spin-athon -- ID: 3251-0000-0165-4595Spin, spin, spin. Keep hitting that spin-jump button to make it past the almost entirely lethal course. Make the Mushrooms count! Hint: You can spin Jump off the walls, and even the top of thwomps. Take advantage of this power when taking on expert courses like this.Enjoy! :)

I have a question for those who have the game, is it fairly straightforward to make levels?I haven't picked up the game, but even though I do have and enjoy the Mario series (I have 3D World, NSMBU & Luigi U on the Wii U) I've been reluctant to pick up Maker as I don't think I'd be very good at well... Making Mario levels.

In the game, if you seem to have trouble making courses, try downloading someone else's course and editing them. Whether you make your own level through theirs or not, the technique they used in making theirs will help you get a good idea of how to make a decent level, or at least a level you feel comfortable with. Inspiration comes from observing others! :)In the long run, how straightforward it is to making the levels is up to what kind of course you would want to make. I could help ya with that if you want. :DWho's excited for the new Super Mario Maker Update?! I certainly am! I can't wait to make unique levels with the keys and Coins mechanics! Not to mention the Crushers from... Super Mario World, was it? Ah, so anyways, with these new features coming in two days, would anyone here want to get back into Super Mario Maker? I'd be happy to share some of my courses with you! :DI'm so hyped for this... I gotta make something! I need some inspiration from you guys. Any tips?I just built Sora in Super Mario Maker out of objects in the Course Maker! Funny thing is, it took me only about an hour to do. xDIf you have Super Mario Maker, please check it out! Clear the course, and please rate and comment.KINGDOM HEARTS SORAID: D99F-0000-01F1-AA01Disclaimer: The creator says Tim, however I am the one who made this course. The account I used is my brother's, since his has a Nintendo Network Account on it.Rock on! Edited by Steven Drake (SteVentus)