Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Film Official Walt Disney Animation/PIXAR movie releases

Apparently, this is the schedule for D23’s Disney Animation release calendar…

Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Zootopia - March 04, 2016 
Moana - November 23, 2016
Gigantic - March 09, 2018
Frozen 2 - TBC
Wreck-It Ralph 2 - TBC

PIXAR:
The Good Dinosaur - November 25, 2015 
Finding Dory - June 17, 2016
Toy Story 4 - May 16th, 2017
Coco - November 22, 2017
The Incredibles 2 - June 15, 2018
Cars 3 - 2019

Disneytoon Studios:
Untitled Magic and Monsters - 2017
Untitled Magic and Monsters 2 - 2019
Tinker Bell and the Unknown Season - 2020

Home Releases:
Aladdin: Diamond Edition - October 06, 2015
Pinocchio: Diamond Edition - Spring 2016
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Ultra Collection - Fall 2016

Edited by Guest

The animation panel at D23 is in under an hour, it won't be long until we get confirmed release dates for those movies anyhow

Snow White ultra collection?There's only 1..how is it a collection?And Frozen 2 has already been confimed as a 2016 release, not 2018.

All we know about Frozen 2 is that it's a thing that's coming, we don't know what year it's being released. With Zootopia in March and Moana in November, there's no room for them to fit in there anyway.

I just hope they finally show something about Moana, I need my Disney Princess fix. Moana's release date was already figured out (years before this D23) and we still haven't gotten a little thing from the movie. 

And she's going to be Polynesian, apparently! :D An island-dwelling Princess will be a lovely addition to the others~ <3

Finding Dory= Awwww!! :3

Incredibles 2= FINALLY!!!!!

As a Disney fan this is really exciting news!!! I'm very glad though that Pixar is still doing their day of the dead film "Muertos" after the animated movie "The Book of Life" came out because they both deal with the same concept of the Spanish holiday. The reason behind this is because Pixar was planning on making a film called "Newt" but got canned because Blue Sky studios released "Rio" which has a very similar premise. So I thought that history might have repeated itself here but thank goodness it didn't! I'm also glad that Disneytoon Studios still has projects to work on because there have been rumors that it was going to shut down after the lackluster successes of "Planes Fire and Rescue" and "Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy", but its good to know that it's still on its feet. xD

And she's going to be Polynesian, apparently! :D An island-dwelling Princess will be a lovely addition to the others~ <3

Finding Dory= Awwww!! :3

Incredibles 2= FINALLY!!!!!

I know but I want more. They are probably gonna show a teaser like Frozen's teaser, and we'll find out more about Moana later on. Frozen's Teaser just had Olaf and Sven and didn't show Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Hans or anyone else really. But who knows.

I know but I want more. They are probably gonna show a teaser like Frozen's teaser, and we'll find out more about Moana later on. Frozen's Teaser just had Olaf and Sven and didn't show Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Hans or anyone else really. But who knows.

Hey, you never know! We might get some more information on it. :) All ya can do is hope, right? Some concept art of the girl herself would be nice~

Hey, you never know! We might get some more information on it. :) All ya can do is hope, right? Some concept art of the girl herself would be nice~

Lmao I'm hopeful don't worry about that. A concept art would be outstanding.

The animation panel at D23 is in under an hour, it won't be long until we get confirmed release dates for those movies anyhowAll we know about Frozen 2 is that it's a thing that's coming, we don't know what year it's being released. With Zootopia in March and Moana in November, there's no room for them to fit in there anyway.

Some advanced thing released before confimed 2016, but I suppose that's can't be trusted as 100% official 

WHERE IS WRECK-IT RALPH 2??  IT WAS ANNOUNCED FIRST, DAMMIT!

From what I remember, the last we heard of a Wreck-it Ralph 2 was the creators throwing around ideas for the movie.

I mean that only really announces that it exists, they probably just dont have much to show yet.

From what I remember, the last we heard of a Wreck-it Ralph 2 was the creators throwing around ideas for the movie.

I mean that only really announces that it exists, they probably just dont have much to show yet.

Yeah, but the creator said it was a definite, and it was mentioned recently as having been greenlit, too, if I recall correctly. Meanwhile, Frozen was a year later, already has a short movie AND a sequel with a set release date. I know Frozen is more popular, but that's a looooaaad of bullshit.

So D23's animation panel came and went and we didn't hear anything about Frozen 2 or the race movie let alone their release dates, plus Giants and Muertos got renamed to Gigantic and Coco which strangely wasn't reflected in this list. Says some things about the accuracy of this imo

WHERE IS WRECK-IT RALPH 2??  IT WAS ANNOUNCED FIRST, DAMMIT!

Wreck-It Ralph will have to go through the whole ordeal of video game licenses all over again. Nintendo wanted Mario implemented in the original and they want to have Tron in the sequel. Alongside that, the director of Wreck-It Ralph (Rich Moore) is currently too busy with Zootopia to provided any official release statements for Wreck-It Ralph 2.

The Incredibles cannot be 2018 come on that's just cruel.

Think of it like this instead, imagine how much more technologically advanced, stunning and innovative the sequel to The Incredibles would be in comparison to its prequel?!

As a Disney fan this is really exciting news!!! I'm very glad though that Pixar is still doing their day of the dead film "Muertos" after the animated movie "The Book of Life" came out because they both deal with the same concept of the Spanish holiday. The reason behind this is because Pixar was planning on making a film called "Newt" but got canned because Blue Sky studios released "Rio" which has a very similar premise. So I thought that history might have repeated itself here but thank goodness it didn't! I'm also glad that Disneytoon Studios still has projects to work on because there have been rumors that it was going to shut down after the lackluster successes of "Planes Fire and Rescue" and "Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy", but its good to know that it's still on its feet. xD

I'm glad to know that there's a fellow hardcore Pixar fan out and about in these forums. Yeah, if Newt was to be released then it would have been the theoretically better Rio. You never know, Newt could either be remastered as an entirely new movie, or, have core plot points and premises transferred over for Toy Story 4 as that movie is going to be a romantic comedy. The thing is with Coco, the primary plot seems to be different enough from The Book Of Life to not be a complete duplicate. It's a damn shame though that Coco is the only original movie. I found it so funny that nobody could care less for Cars 3.

Frozen 2 not until 2018?

Hold your horses, Disney Animation knows that Frozen is their queen cash cow, however, the company agreed that quality comes first for Frozen (and as a Frozen fan myself, I could not agree more). They treated Frozen with the same amount of respect as their previous movies before it got theatrically distributed so they're going to do the same with its sequel, heck, they on wanted to work on the sequel in the first place due to the fun and story possibilities after Frozen Fever. If you can't "Let It Go" then I recommend you get hyped for Gigantic (a Spanish Jack and the Beanstalk tale). Its got the same signwriting duo as Frozen so you know the songs are going to be as catchy as Frozen (if not, catchier)!

So D23's animation panel came and went and we didn't hear anything about Frozen 2 or the race movie let alone their release dates, plus Giants and Muertos got renamed to Gigantic and Coco which strangely wasn't reflected in this list. Says some things about the accuracy of this imo

:lol: , What can I say, I got overhyped for D23's Animated Movies and so I had to post this because it just looked so legitimate at the time. At least it got an enjoyable discussion that brought the Disney Animation fan in all of us. I've changed the schedule to reflect the official releases that were stated during D23.

The Incredibles cannot be 2018 come on that's just cruel.

you want them to take their time to get the movie right. Bird only really started development on it  a couple of months ago (literally) after finishing tomorrow land. If they rush it it could turn out like the Shrek sequels (which were not all that bad but still you get what i mean right?) 

According to this: http://www.wired.com/2015/08/good-dinosaur-engineered-make-cry/

The Good Dinosaur is going to be a cute tear jerker 

It most certainly is. However, it has huge competition with Inside Out in terms of emotional storytelling this year.

Oh God, Wreck-It-Ralph 2 and The Incredibles 2 are still so far off! D: Gahhh, the wait will be agonizing, but totally worth it! :D

Yeah, but in the meantime, Disney has Zootopia and Moana being released in the same year, and, we still have The Good Dinosaur to look forward too!

It is quite a line-up, however The Incredibles doesn't have a release date and if you consider how they lined up their Pixar posters at D23 then it'll probably be the last released of the bunch. Frozen 2 also doesn't have a release date and Wreck It Ralph 2 hasn't even been re-confirmed by Disney after John C. Rielly mentioned it last month.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that Disney are having their main studio work on sequels to Frozen and Wreck It Ralph and I really hope it doesn't become a habit for Disney Animation Studios to start churning out sequels in their 'Disney Classics' line. Not that I don't welcome them as both films are good in their own way, but Frozen 2 is only happening because the money demands it. Which was evident in the awful Frozen Fever short film attached to Cinderella early this year.

Still, I'm looking forward to a few titles like Zootopia, Moana, Gigantic, The Good Dinosaur and Toy Story 4. Any other titles I'll watch, but I need more info on them.

Yeah, but in the meantime, Disney has Zootopia and Moana being released in the same year, and, we still have The Good Dinosaur to look forward too!

Indeed, that is very true! Let's hope those films give us entrancing stories! The Good Dinosaur looks amazing, Zootopia looks like it'll be really humorous, and while I don't know anything about Moana, I'm sure that film will be great as well! :D

It is quite a line-up, however The Incredibles doesn't have a release date and if you consider how they lined up their Pixar posters at D23 then it'll probably be the last released of the bunch. Frozen 2 also doesn't have a release date and Wreck It Ralph 2 hasn't even been re-confirmed by Disney after John C. Rielly mentioned it last month.Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that Disney are having their main studio work on sequels to Frozen and Wreck It Ralph and I really hope it doesn't become a habit for Disney Animation Studios to start churning out sequels in their 'Disney Classics' line. Not that I don't welcome them as both films are good in their own way, but Frozen 2 is only happening because the money demands it. Which was evident in the awful Frozen Fever short film attached to Cinderella early this year.Still, I'm looking forward to a few titles like Zootopia, Moana, Gigantic, The Good Dinosaur and Toy Story 4. Any other titles I'll watch, but I need more info on them.

Wreck-It Ralph 2 has been officially confirmed. The director just needs to finish Zootopia before he starts worknig on Wreck-It Ralph 2.

Why is that a disappointment that their main studio is creating their sequels? if anything, that means that it is a good thing, because, the original creators of the first Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen movie will be involved with their sequel which means that it wont be a "half-ass" direct to DVD quality for both these movies. The Incredibles 2 is going to be released before Cars 3. I'm dissapointed by Pixar this time around. Ironically, they're chucking out sequels like its no tommorow. Monsters University destroyed the Monsters Inc franchise and Cars 2 reaffirmed the lack of innovation in the Cars franchise. As much as I loved Finding Nemo: Finding Dory provides little interest and may actually end up killing the Nemo franchise too :/

It's an unusual day when Disney Animation takes its crown from Pixar in terms of the better release slate. Arguably, the most corporational animation studio is actually providing us with the most original slate and spin on animated movies whilst Pixar (the innovators of CG animation) is being corporate and comfortable with all of their sequels. I'm not saying these Pixar movies will suck, rather, I think that Disney Animation has outdone them in terms of upcoming movies. Zootopia gained a lot of laughs, Moana sent shockwaves with official character render and Gigantic blew up the internet with the fact that the Frozen songwriters are going to take part in the movie. Sure, The Good Dinosaur provided tears but that's as far as it goes with anything majorly exciting with Pixar.

Wreck-It Ralph 2 has been officially confirmed. The director just needs to finish Zootopia before he starts worknig on Wreck-It Ralph 2.Why is that a disappointment that their main studio is creating their sequels? if anything, that means that it is a good thing, because, the original creators of the first Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen movie will be involved with their sequel which means that it wont be a "half-ass" direct to DVD quality for both these movies. The Incredibles 2 is going to be released before Cars 3. I'm dissapointed by Pixar this time around. Ironically, they're chucking out sequels like its no tommorow. Monsters University destroyed the Monsters Inc franchise and Cars 2 reaffirmed the lack of innovation in the Cars franchise. As much as I loved Finding Nemo: Finding Dory provides little interest and may actually end up killing the Nemo franchise too :/It's an unusual day when Disney Animation takes its crown from Pixar in terms of the better release slate. Arguably, the most corporational animation studio is actually providing us with the most original slate and spin on animated movies whilst Pixar (the innovators of CG animation) is being corporate and comfortable with all of their sequels. I'm not saying these Pixar movies will suck, rather, I think that Disney Animation has outdone them in terms of upcoming movies. Zootopia gained a lot of laughs, Moana sent shockwaves with official character render and Gigantic blew up the internet with the fact that the Frozen songwriters are going to take part in the movie. Sure, The Good Dinosaur provided tears but that's as far as it goes with anything majorly exciting with Pixar.

You look at the Disney Classics line and you'll notice that the tendency to make sequels is very bare. Rescuers, Fantasia and Winnie the Pooh (sorta) are really the only titles to get a true numbered sequel. All these titles got sequels a long time after their originals. With Frozen and Wreck It Ralph, two very recent films, it seems that they are trying to start pump out sequels because the money demands it. While I agree that the quality should be there due to a main studio working on it, I feel the creators should move on and show us something new. Rich Moore is doing Zootopia which is great. I loved Wreck It Ralph and the possibilities they could do with a sequel makes me excited, but do I want it? Not more then a NEW film. As for Frozen, I don't see what they can do with a sequel outside of "you've seen Anna get some action now meet the love of Elsa's life". I feel that Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee could move onto something new and show us how they helped turn Frozen into the success it was. If anything I think Frozen could have easily gone the way of Tangled and just had a TV series, but that won't make them as much money as a full fledged million dollar movie would.I honestly enjoyed Monsters University. It in no way 'destroyed' the franchise and can sit side by side Monsters Inc proudly. Both films are very different in their tone and while Inc is easily the better film, University is not an awful film. The same can be said for Cars 2, it is still Pixar's weakest film and it falls into the same vein as Frozen where the money demands it. Cars 3 is going to seriously need to be far better than its predecessor to warrant being made. I'm trying to argue against the point that Disney have had a better track record then Pixar recently, but I can't really. I've loved films from both over the last 5 years, but on the surface Disney have spun out hit after hit with Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen and Big Hero 6. Whereas Pixar have given me enjoyable films in Toy Story 3, Monsters University and Inside Out. While lesser experiences in Cars 2 and Brave. I do agree about Finding Dory, I am in no way excited for it. I'll give it a fair chance to shine and I really hope it is good, but my distaste for Ellen DeGeneres and overall "why make a sequel to Nemo" make me incredibly sceptical. As far as upcoming films go, Zootopia, Moana and Gigantic are sure to prove that Disney has its A game back. While I wish Ron Clements and John Musker were making a traditional animation, I'm interested to see how they fair with CGI with Moana. The two are extremely talented and I have full faith in them. As for Pixar, The Good Dinosaur has my interest, the visuals look good and I really hope they have a winner after its troubled development. It probably won't beat Inside Out to my favourite film of the year, but that's because Inside Out was incredibly good. Finding Dory and Cars 3 are two films I could do without. Incredibles 2 is something I'll go into knowing that it will be good, but I can't be hyped as The Incredibles isn't even in my top 5 Pixar films (tho I am aware of how in the minority I am with that). Coco should be interesting, though I question the originality as we've already seen The Book of Life come and go in terms of the Day of the Dead. However, Pixar know how to create a gorgeous world so I hope they are onto something there.... and finally Toy Story 4... Look I'm gonna be honest, the first Toy Story film is something I hold dear to me and the third film is something that hit close to home when it released. I want Toy Story 4 to work on so many levels and I hope John Lasseter can deliver as he is always so passionate about his projects. I think we can agree to disagree about the line-up for both studios, but I know that we will both be there hoping that each film does well.