Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
lostmemory123

Thanks America

Trust me, the TPP is doing more than just affecting the way we trade, alot more stupid things I might add, but they wont give a full release on this info until its already passed and its too late to fight back.

Just know that everything in the TPP is gonna have a negative impact, that is all you need to know.

That's why they kept it subtly from the general public. The only people that were really aware of it were the creators of the TPP, economists, or economic students. It's unfair and scary.

I'm a little confused of this myself. I'm not really an expert on these type of subjects... I think I get the whole internet thing... 

Ok... So, we are screwed.... But what about this whole Worldwide trading policies? 

You know how countries import and export goods to other countries, like oil, food, cars, ect? Well, there are these things called tariffs. To quote Investipedia,

"A tariff is a tax imposed on imported goods and services. Tariffs are used to restrict trade, as they increase the price of imported goods and services, making them more expensive to consumers. A specific tariff is levied as a fixed fee based on the type of item (e.g., $1,000 on any car). An ad-valorem tariff is levied based on the item’s value (e.g., 10% of the car’s value). Tariffs provide additional revenue for governments and domestic producers at the expense of consumers and foreign producers. They are one of several tools available to shape trade policy."

They help protect domestic jobs, protect customers and local businesses. You know how Mexico is in an economic sinkhole right now? Well, A corporation called Smithfield Foods got past there tariff somehow, and took over operations for pork production in Mexico. This caused so many workers and business owners to lose their jobs and businesses, forcing them to enter the U.S. illegally in the first place. They just want to support themselves. So, yeah. This could get messy...

Edited by Hargleblargleboo

That's why they kept it subtly from the general public. The only people that were really aware of it were the creators of the TPP, economists, or economic students. It's unfair and scary.

You know how countries import and export goods to other countries, like oil, food, cars, ect? Well, there are these things called tariffs. To quote Investipedia,

"A tariff is a tax imposed on imported goods and services. Tariffs are used to restrict trade, as they increase the price of imported goods and services, making them more expensive to consumers. A specific tariff is levied as a fixed fee based on the type of item (e.g., $1,000 on any car). An ad-valorem tariff is levied based on the item’s value (e.g., 10% of the car’s value). Tariffs provide additional revenue for governments and domestic producers at the expense of consumers and foreign producers. They are one of several tools available to shape trade policy."

They help protect domestic jobs, protect customers and local businesses. You know how Mexico is in an economic sinkhole right now? Well, A corporation called Smithfield Foods got past there tariff somehow, and took over operations for pork production in Mexico. This caused so many workers and business owners to lose their jobs and businesses, forcing them to enter the U.S. illegally in the first place. They just want to support themselves. So, yeah. This could get messy...

That's just great.... I don't know what to think anymore.... 

I did put it up in a thread a couple of days ago but for some reason people just didn't really bother with it... Edit: This is in response to a quote made by lostmemory123 earlier in the thread.

Edited by Dizzykins