Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (New 3DS exclusive)

You'll probably hit the mid 70's or 80 by the time you get to the final battle. I want to say I was level 82 when I finished. The game is pretty long, so you won't need to worry about grinding too often. Just do a few sidequests as you go along and you should be fine in terms of levels!

alright and thanks! Sorry for the newb questions I just want prepare myself :)

No problem! It's fine, preparation is good. Especially for a journey as long as the one in Xenoblade!

dont forget Amazing! Lol xD wait I haven't played it yet how would I know? Lol.

The game's been out in Europe for a while... Completely forgot to post about that. If there's anyone on here who's already picked it up, how is it on the 3DS? I think it looks fine, but I'd like to hear it from someone who's playing the game.

Also, the Xenoblade themes went up on the North American eShop today! In fact, the eShop's playing the Gaur Plain theme to celebrate Xenoblade 3D's release in North America tomorrow! I picked up the Mechonis theme, and it's really cool. Anyone else plan to get one of the themes?

The game's been out in Europe for a while... Completely forgot to post about that. If there's anyone on here who's already picked it up, how is it on the 3DS? I think it looks fine, but I'd like to hear it from someone who's playing the game.

Also, the Xenoblade themes went up on the North American eShop today! In fact, the eShop's playing the Gaur Plain theme to celebrate Xenoblade 3D's release in North America tomorrow! I picked up the Mechonis theme, and it's really cool. Anyone else plan to get one of the themes?

I haven't managed to grab my copy of Xenoblade yet as I had to order it the stupid way around.

In a nutshell: Nintendo UK store doesn't ship 5 feet across the ocean to Ireland so I had to get a family member to pre-order the exclusive New Nintendo 3DS bundle (with the cover plates and game). Now I'm waiting for it to arrive at my house once my family receive it and re-send it.

As soon as I do get my copy (and the 3DS) I'll be sure to let you know how it is. I've seen some previews and comments saying that the Wii version is still the better one, but that hey it's still one of the best JRPGs out there and now it is in the palm of your hands! :P

In the meantime, I picked up the Mechonis theme too and I gotta admit, it's pretty snazzy :D

Posted Image

I haven't managed to grab my copy of Xenoblade yet as I had to order it the stupid way around.

In a nutshell: Nintendo UK store doesn't ship 5 feet across the ocean to Ireland so I had to get a family member to pre-order the exclusive New Nintendo 3DS bundle (with the cover plates and game). Now I'm waiting for it to arrive at my house once my family receive it and re-send it.

As soon as I do get my copy (and the 3DS) I'll be sure to let you know how it is. I've seen some previews and comments saying that the Wii version is still the better one, but that hey it's still one of the best JRPGs out there and now it is in the palm of your hands! :P

In the meantime, I picked up the Mechonis theme too and I gotta admit, it's pretty snazzy :D

Posted Image

I love Nintendo, but they really make some weird decisions sometimes. :/ It sucks that you have to go through that whole process when it really shouldn't be necessary. Hopefully you'll get it soon. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the portable version! I'm hearing a lot of the same things too, but I've only really seen professional reviewers give their thoughts. I'd like to see the impressions of an average gamer along with those, especially if they've played the game on the Wii already and can compare it.

Yeah, I really like the theme. The menu sound effects are really nice, and everything looks great. My only issue is that the music abruptly cuts right before the best part. :/ I hope the Monado theme doesn't do the same thing with Gaur Plain. I'm thinking about getting that one later and rotating between the two themes, since both looked really good.

I love Nintendo, but they really make some weird decisions sometimes. :/ It sucks that you have to go through that whole process when it really shouldn't be necessary. Hopefully you'll get it soon. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the portable version! I'm hearing a lot of the same things too, but I've only really seen professional reviewers give their thoughts. I'd like to see the impressions of an average gamer along with those, especially if they've played the game on the Wii already and can compare it.

Yeah, I really like the theme. The menu sound effects are really nice, and everything looks great. My only issue is that the music abruptly cuts right before the best part. :/ I hope the Monado theme doesn't do the same thing with Gaur Plain. I'm thinking about getting that one later and rotating between the two themes, since both looked really good.

Yeah it's a shame. I can buy digital products but they don't ship physical stuff which is a nuisance. Maybe they'll eventually get around to it as Club Nintendo does ship products to Ireland (and that stuff comes from Germany!).

I'm really looking forward to playing it. You are holding out till the summer correct? Some of the criticisms to the game were a little harsh I thought. The criticism towards the graphics will definitely be something I make up on my own. The draw distance looks great on the 3DS from the previews. I'm not even bummed out about the lack of dual audio because the British dub is great.

I actually had the same complaint. I let the music play when I first got it and it was a shame that it was cut short. It's neat for what it is and I hope one or two more themes get added for the series :D Did America get more than one theme? I could only purchase the Mechonis theme. Is the Monado one the theme with Shulk on the top screen?

Yeah it's a shame. I can buy digital products but they don't ship physical stuff which is a nuisance. Maybe they'll eventually get around to it as Club Nintendo does ship products to Ireland (and that stuff comes from Germany!).

I'm really looking forward to playing it. You are holding out till the summer correct? Some of the criticisms to the game were a little harsh I thought. The criticism towards the graphics will definitely be something I make up on my own. The draw distance looks great on the 3DS from the previews. I'm not even bummed out about the lack of dual audio because the British dub is great.

I actually had the same complaint. I let the music play when I first got it and it was a shame that it was cut short. It's neat for what it is and I hope one or two more themes get added for the series :D Did America get more than one theme? I could only purchase the Mechonis theme. Is the Monado one the theme with Shulk on the top screen?

Yeah, hopefully they'll step their services up soon and ship to Ireland. I'm pretty sure the Nintendo World Store out here in America doesn't even have an online store... Which sucks, because they apparently have the Shulk amiibo in stock from time to time, along with the other retailer exclusives. Hopefully both stores will improve soon, because it's frustrating seeing store exclusives and not being able to get them. :/

Yeah, I probably won't be able to get the New 3DS until summer. It's only a couple months, though, so I don't mind too much. xD And yeah, the graphics really don't look that bad from what we've seen. I also agree with the "issue" regarding the lack of dual audio. The English voices were amazing.

Good to know I'm not the only one who was bothered by that. More Xenoblade themes would definitely be nice! America got the Mechonis theme and the Monado theme, which is the other one shown in this picture:

Posted Image

I honestly forgot all about that Shulk theme... I guess Europe and America aren't getting the same exact themes.

Yeah, hopefully they'll step their services up soon and ship to Ireland. I'm pretty sure the Nintendo World Store out here in America doesn't even have an online store... Which sucks, because they apparently have the Shulk amiibo in stock from time to time, along with the other retailer exclusives. Hopefully both stores will improve soon, because it's frustrating seeing store exclusives and not being able to get them. :/

Yeah, I probably won't be able to get the New 3DS until summer. It's only a couple months, though, so I don't mind too much. xD And yeah, the graphics really don't look that bad from what we've seen. I also agree with the "issue" regarding the lack of dual audio. The English voices were amazing.

Good to know I'm not the only one who was bothered by that. More Xenoblade themes would definitely be nice! America got the Mechonis theme and the Monado theme, which is the other one shown in this picture:

I honestly forgot all about that Shulk theme... I guess Europe and America aren't getting the same exact themes.

Silly Nintendo. I would have thought that a place like America would have an online store at least. Shulk disappeared really quick here. My amiibo was a day late, but my local Gamestop were really nice about the whole thing once I did eventually get it. I didn't see him anywhere else in physical form and all he had was a big "Out of Stock" painted across anything related to him in other stores. The ordeal with the Amiibos are a whole different debate though, but still ridiculous.

That's not too bad. The best thing I find is the game isn't going any where now because it's available digitally! Not that I'd pick up a digital version over physical any ways, but at least people don't get scammed like what Gamestop tried to pull with the $90 Wii version in America. Admittedly, I had my copy of Xenoblade before it had been announced for America and picked it up for €35 in Gamestop here xD It was €50 by the time the shortages started arriving! Stupid Gamestop.

The British dub was great, I really enjoyed the work they did for The Last Story too. I wonder how localisation for X will be handled... Probably American Dub given the setting.

This is the theme you get for buying Xenoblade Chronicles in the bundle or digital format. Not sure what the song being played is. I do like that Guar Plains one that ye got. Hopefully Nintendo Europe brings it over and likewise ye get this one.

Posted Image

Silly Nintendo. I would have thought that a place like America would have an online store at least. Shulk disappeared really quick here. My amiibo was a day late, but my local Gamestop were really nice about the whole thing once I did eventually get it. I didn't see him anywhere else in physical form and all he had was a big "Out of Stock" painted across anything related to him in other stores. The ordeal with the Amiibos are a whole different debate though, but still ridiculous.

That's not too bad. The best thing I find is the game isn't going any where now because it's available digitally! Not that I'd pick up a digital version over physical any ways, but at least people don't get scammed like what Gamestop tried to pull with the $90 Wii version in America. Admittedly, I had my copy of Xenoblade before it had been announced for America and picked it up for €35 in Gamestop here xD It was €50 by the time the shortages started arriving! Stupid Gamestop.

The British dub was great, I really enjoyed the work they did for The Last Story too. I wonder how localisation for X will be handled... Probably American Dub given the setting.

This is the theme you get for buying Xenoblade Chronicles in the bundle or digital format. Not sure what the song being played is. I do like that Guar Plains one that ye got. Hopefully Nintendo Europe brings it over and likewise ye get this one.

Posted Image

Shulk's in the same situation out here. Of course, a lot of other amiibo are too, but yeah, the amiibo situation is frustrating. That's a discussion for another thread, though. xD

That's true! I also plan to get a physical copy, but digital copies are really nice in case stock somehow runs out again. As for the whole Gamestop debacle when the original version was released, that's exactly why I made sure to not pre-order X from Gamestop, and why I plan to not get the 3DS version from them, either. Their stock issues with Xenoblade and the Shulk amiibo were bad enough, I'm not supporting them with other Xenoblade products. I'm taking advantage of the lack of exclusivity this time around.

Yeah, the Shulk theme also looks really cool. Hopefully all three themes will be released in both regions soon.

(Somewhat off topic I guess, but the Mechonis theme is what I have as my phone background, and the Shulk theme is my laptop's wallpaper... Maybe I should have gone with the Monado theme to have something different on all of my devices. :P)

Shulk's in the same situation out here. Of course, a lot of other amiibo are too, but yeah, the amiibo situation is frustrating. That's a discussion for another thread, though. xD

That's true! I also plan to get a physical copy, but digital copies are really nice in case stock somehow runs out again. As for the whole Gamestop debacle when the original version was released, that's exactly why I made sure to not pre-order X from Gamestop, and why I plan to not get the 3DS version from them, either. Their stock issues with Xenoblade and the Shulk amiibo were bad enough, I'm not supporting them with other Xenoblade products. I'm taking advantage of the lack of exclusivity this time around.

Yeah, the Shulk theme also looks really cool. Hopefully all three themes will be released in both regions soon.

(Somewhat off topic I guess, but the Mechonis theme is what I have as my phone background, and the Shulk theme is my laptop's wallpaper... Maybe I should have gone with the Monado theme to have something different on all of my devices. :P)

I haven't pre-ordered X myself yet (waiting for a concrete release date), but I'll explore the price options once they do. I usually go to Gamestop as a last resort if I get screwed over by other places (which sadly is what happened with both Smash Bros Wii U and Final Fantasy Type-0). I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D but I believe they had stock issues here if you didn't pre-order. Which sucks. They also suck for their pricing on Amiibos. Shulk set me back €17 where as everywhere else the amiibos range from €12 to €15.

That's neat! I really like the Mechonis theme. I had the art from his Smash reveal as my phone one for a while and then this one for ages on my laptop. The artwork for Xenoblade Chronicles was great that's for sure! :D

I haven't pre-ordered X myself yet (waiting for a concrete release date), but I'll explore the price options once they do. I usually go to Gamestop as a last resort if I get screwed over by other places (which sadly is what happened with both Smash Bros Wii U and Final Fantasy Type-0). I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D but I believe they had stock issues here if you didn't pre-order. Which sucks. They also suck for their pricing on Amiibos. Shulk set me back €17 where as everywhere else the amiibos range from €12 to €15.

That's neat! I really like the Mechonis theme. I had the art from his Smash reveal as my phone one for a while and then this one for ages on my laptop. The artwork for Xenoblade Chronicles was great that's for sure! :D

I pre-ordered it in case there would be any issues. I'll cancel my pre-order if any sort of limited edition is announced. I haven't even actually paid it off yet. Also, there are stock issues for Xenoblade 3D there, too? Crap... Hopefully that will get fixed soon.

I used the Smash reveal on my laptop before, too. The art for the game definitely is amazing! :D

I pre-ordered it in case there would be any issues. I'll cancel my pre-order if any sort of limited edition is announced. I haven't even actually paid it off yet. Also, there are stock issues for Xenoblade 3D there, too? Crap... Hopefully that will get fixed soon.

I used the Smash reveal on my laptop before, too. The art for the game definitely is amazing! :D

Hmm, well I'm not entirely sure. I know Gamestop have it listed out of stock on their website, but I haven't checked to see if they have it in store (they probably do). Amazon UK also still have it listed so there's that too I guess. I haven't seen any copies of it around, but the game only came out a week ago here and honestly I haven't checked. I know this thread is for the 3D version, but I really hope that Nintendo market X well in America. Nintendo Europe seems to know what is up so I'd like to believe that they'll do something for a Limited edition of a sort. Nintendo America kinda didn't care for Chronicles when it dropped and while they won't admit it, they caved to fan pressure to release the title there. I hope they treat X with better care. The 3DS version seemed to get some amount of love, but the lack of regular New 3DS means ye got screwed out of cover plates. Which was unfortunate.

I have too many different Monado in the field wallpapers that's for sure! xD

I put so much time and effort in this game on the Wii that my wallet can't really justify a $240 price for both a new handheld iteration and a port, but kudos to Nintendo for distributing the Xenoblade 3DS themes to non-NN3DS users, definitely going to pick up the Main Theme. 

Also, does anyone know how much internal space this game will take up, because I'm guessing it will be A LOT

Hmm, well I'm not entirely sure. I know Gamestop have it listed out of stock on their website, but I haven't checked to see if they have it in store (they probably do). Amazon UK also still have it listed so there's that too I guess. I haven't seen any copies of it around, but the game only came out a week ago here and honestly I haven't checked. I know this thread is for the 3D version, but I really hope that Nintendo market X well in America. Nintendo Europe seems to know what is up so I'd like to believe that they'll do something for a Limited edition of a sort. Nintendo America kinda didn't care for Chronicles when it dropped and while they won't admit it, they caved to fan pressure to release the title there. I hope they treat X with better care. The 3DS version seemed to get some amount of love, but the lack of regular New 3DS means ye got screwed out of cover plates. Which was unfortunate.

I have too many different Monado in the field wallpapers that's for sure! xD

Yeah, America's doing a lot better with marketing Xenoblade this time around. They could do more, but at least they're giving it another shot. I just hope it does well enough to show NoA that the series is worth releasing out here.

I put so much time and effort in this game on the Wii that my wallet can't really justify a $240 price for both a new handheld iteration and a port, but kudos to Nintendo for distributing the Xenoblade 3DS themes to non-NN3DS users, definitely going to pick up the Main Theme. 

Also, does anyone know how much internal space this game will take up, because I'm guessing it will be A LOT

I think they said it's more than what the standard SD card included with the New 3DS can hold, which is insane. Not very surprising, though.

My GameStop confirmed that they have about 40 copies in stock and only 20 or so pretty ordered it.

That's not as bad as I was expecting, but it could be better... Of course, given Gamestop's usual stock antics with Xenoblade in the past, other stores could end up with more copies.

That's not as bad as I was expecting, but it could be better... Of course, given Gamestop's usual stock antics with Xenoblade in the past, other stores could end up with more copies.

yeah now that I think about it it's actually quite low since my gamestop is right in the mall. But I dont care cause tomorrow at 10am I'll getting Xenoblade baby! Edited by GotChocolateMilk

Apparently the game is about 28800 blocks/3.6GB in size.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/youd_better_get_a_bigger_micro-sdhc_card_for_xenoblade_chronicles_3d

Isn't the New 3DS' SD card 4GB? I've been hearing Xenoblade's file size was too big to fit on the SD card that comes with the system. Guess not.

Yep you get a 4GB. I guess the only problem would be your card is pretty much nearly full after one game haha.

Yep you get a 4GB. I guess the only problem would be your card is pretty much nearly full after one game haha.

That's why I buy my AAA games physically- my Wii U Basic barely gave me enough room for DKR Tropical Freeze digitally, and Xenoblade X is going to be THREE TIMES THAT SIZE DIGITALLY. -____- Games like these make me wonder if developers are in ca-hoots with hard drive manufacturers. :P

On another note, Xenoblade releases today for all you NA NN3DS owners. I hope all your first experiences was as amazing as mine. :D