Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (New 3DS exclusive)

I decided I might as well make a thread for discussing this game and reporting on news, since I get a feeling we'll be getting a lot of that soon.

For those who don't know, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the first game to be exclusive to Nintendo's New 3DS, and as anyone who's played the Wii version can confirm, will be a game that really needs the hardware boost the new iteration is receiving. It's a port/remake of Xenoblade Chronicles (Or simply Xenoblade in Japan) for the Wii, with a couple new features added.

Speaking of those new features, it's been confirmed that the game will be compatible with the Shulk amiibo! Using the Shulk amiibo with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will give the player tokens that can be spent to unlock new character models and music tracks in the model viewer and music player features (Both of which are new to the New 3DS version). These tokens can also be unlocked through Streetpass for those who don't have the Shulk amiibo, which explains the Streetpass feature mentioned shortly after the game's North American and European announcement. The game has also received an official North American release date of April 10, while Europe has already had a release date set for April 2.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/xenoblade_chronicles_3d_dated_for_north_america_in_flashy_new_trailer_amiibo_support_also_confirmed

Is anyone else going to journey to the Bionis again, or possibly for their first time?

I'm really feeling it, but my wallet isn't quq

I'm... sorry... I can't... leave you be, wallet. Not with this coming soon.

The worst part is going to be tracking down a Shulk amiibo. ._. Time to place bets for how long it'll take for it to go for $50. I'm betting a month.

I'm... sorry... I can't... leave you be, wallet. Not with this coming soon. The worst part is going to be tracking down a Shulk amiibo. ._. Time to place bets for how long it'll take for it to go for $50. I'm betting a month.

Lol yeah...

Hearing the Shulk amiibo complaints already. Fortunately I already got mine paid off so I just have to pick him up whenever I can get to GameStop once they get him in.

The issue is that not all of us had the money to go get a Shulk amiibo. I was planning to, but pre-orders apparently closed before I was able to, so I'm going to have to pay $30 at the least to get one.

The issue is that not all of us had the money to go get a Shulk amiibo. I was planning to, but pre-orders apparently closed before I was able to, so I'm going to have to pay $30 at the least to get one.

I almost bought two. But at least a month had passed since I first preordered my first Shulk and like a couple days before I was ready to, it sold it. :( 

I legit would have sent you one. I know the struggle man.

I almost bought two. But at least a month had passed since I first preordered my first Shulk and like a couple days before I was ready to, it sold it. :(

I legit would have sent you one. I know the struggle man.

There's too much struggle involved with these things. :/ I hope Nintendo produces more soon, but with Shulk being a Gamestop exclusive, I get a feeling we won't be as lucky with his amiibo getting reprints like Marth did.

On the bright side, the same function he serves in Xenoblade 3D can also be done through Streetpass, so those of us who couldn't get it aren't missing out on too much here.

There's too much struggle involved with these things. :/ I hope Nintendo produces more soon, but with Shulk being a Gamestop exclusive, I get a feeling we won't be as lucky with his amiibo getting reprints like Marth did.

On the bright side, the same function he serves in Xenoblade 3D can also be done through Streetpass, so those of us who couldn't get it aren't missing out on too much here.

You could essentially double the function that way though, right? Not that it's entirely important.

You could essentially double the function that way though, right? Not that it's entirely important.

Yeah, but like you said, it's not too important. It makes it go by more quickly, but it's still just one option for the same function. I just need to hope that people at my college will have the same video game interests as I do. xD

I am tempted because the thought of XC on the go is just too good. I'm not sure when I'll be picking up a New 3DS, but I might buy XC 3D on April 2nd before the game becomes tough to find in places.

The news of the Shulk Amiibo working with it (while it was obvious) is great too as I've already got mine pre-ordered! :D

I am tempted because the thought of XC on the go is just too good. I'm not sure when I'll be picking up a New 3DS, but I might buy XC 3D on April 2nd before the game becomes tough to find in places.

The news of the Shulk Amiibo working with it (while it was obvious) is great too as I've already got mine pre-ordered! :D

I can't get the game/New 3DS April 10, but I definitely plan to get both over summer. On the go Xenoblade sounds amazing. Now I just need to hope for a restock on the Shulk amiibo (Or I heard importing is a good option...)

This is Xenoblade Chronicles all over again.

I can't get the game/New 3DS April 10, but I definitely plan to get both over summer. On the go Xenoblade sounds amazing. Now I just need to hope for a restock on the Shulk amiibo (Or I heard importing is a good option...)

Yeah I'm the same, but I'll buy Xenoblade for the time being and then it'll give me the incentive to buy the N3DS sooner rather than later. I think Nintendo should do a bundle where they have both the Shulk amiibo and Xenoblade 3D together. It'd give those a chance who missed out on Shulk to at least get him by other means. I was lucky to get my Shulk paid for because like a week after I pre-ordered he was out of stock. It's really annoying that you have to pretty much pre-order when they are announced. Once the Ness amiibo goes up for pre-order at my local store I'll be straight on it.

Going back to the trailer for X3DS though, after seeing more of it in action I don't think it looks all that bad. I'm still worried about how the combat will play on a smaller screen, but it looks solid especially when you take into account that 3DS games look better on the actual device rather than in trailers/screens. I'm very much looking forward to the 3DS version when previously I didn't care because my Wii copy still works and Xenoblade X is on the horizon. Xenoblade 3D is just too tempting to have on the go. I fear I'll be forever charging my system! Haha.

Nintendo World Report made a comparisson video showing footage of the Wii and New 3DS versions of the game side by side. While the Wii version obviously looks a little better, the New 3DS version isn't far behind! Check out the video below:

http://youtu.be/c4EBvxsPrJoS

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/video_xenoblade_chronicles_3d_visuals_stand_up_rather_well_in_a_wii_comparison

Yeah I'm the same, but I'll buy Xenoblade for the time being and then it'll give me the incentive to buy the N3DS sooner rather than later. I think Nintendo should do a bundle where they have both the Shulk amiibo and Xenoblade 3D together. It'd give those a chance who missed out on Shulk to at least get him by other means. I was lucky to get my Shulk paid for because like a week after I pre-ordered he was out of stock. It's really annoying that you have to pretty much pre-order when they are announced. Once the Ness amiibo goes up for pre-order at my local store I'll be straight on it.

Going back to the trailer for X3DS though, after seeing more of it in action I don't think it looks all that bad. I'm still worried about how the combat will play on a smaller screen, but it looks solid especially when you take into account that 3DS games look better on the actual device rather than in trailers/screens. I'm very much looking forward to the 3DS version when previously I didn't care because my Wii copy still works and Xenoblade X is on the horizon. Xenoblade 3D is just too tempting to have on the go. I fear I'll be forever charging my system! Haha.

Yeah, a bundle would be nice. Scalpers would probably buy them out, though... I'll probably also pre-order Ness as soon as possible, so I can get at least one character I use frequently in Smash

Yeah, it looks much better than I thought it would. Can't wait to have the game in my pocket (Or a bag I guess, since NA only gets the XL :/)!

The New 3DS version looks really compressed

Really wish they'd gone the HD upscale route, not the 3D downgrade route, Xenoblade with a slgiht HD buff already looks amazing, a proper remaster would be remarkable

throw in that fancy new lighting engine Nintendo has and you have Game of the Year 2 Electric Belugaloo

The New 3DS version looks really compressed

Really wish they'd gone the HD upscale route, not the 3D downgrade route, Xenoblade with a slgiht HD buff already looks amazing, a proper remaster would be remarkable

throw in that fancy new lighting engine Nintendo has and you have Game of the Year 2 Electric Belugaloo

I doubt they'll remaster Xenoblade Chronicles,a port to the Wii U eshop would be more likely

I doubt they'll remaster Xenoblade Chronicles,a port to the Wii U eshop would be more likely

they'll do neither

it'd hurt Xenoblade 3D's sales

I just prefer we'd gotten a remaster instead of the demake

Japan released a new trailer showing off combat. Unlike the initial footage for the game, the combat looks about as smooth as it was in the Wii version! Check the trailer out below:

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/video_feast_your_eyes_on_another_slick_xenoblade_chronicles_3d_trailer

It's also been confirmed that the game's file size will be 3.6GB.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/youd_better_get_a_bigger_micro-sdhc_card_for_xenoblade_chronicles_3d

Edited by Shulk

Egh

Shulk is literally a pixel wide and three pixels tall

3DS resolution isn't built with a camera as zoomed out as Xenoblade in mind

That said, I kinda want to play the Japanese version now to hear all of those bad Japanglish battle cries :P

... though now that I've had a chance to listen to the Japanese voices... they sound really bad... and like... really generic. I really REALLY hope the British team does the localization again, it adds like double the charm.

I really don't want to listen to a bunch of American voice actors trying to sound like an anime

Like listen to Riki's voice

blegh

No I don't care that it doesn't make sense for everyone to be British when it's an American space ship

This was just announced for Japan. While the US won't get it cause they don't have the system, I really hope the faceplates come to Europe/Australia! :D I'd definitely get it. Looks nice with the white N3DS for sure.

Posted Image

Wow that Monado 3DS faceplate looks amazing! It really sucks that NoA is not going to bring the regular N3DS to the States. I would've loved to grab this for my N3DS if I ever bought one.