Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Clouded Sun

Black Desert - Open World Sandbox MMORPG

In 2010, the Korean Developer Pearl Abyss had began development on their newest project, Black Desert. A couple years later, now in 2015, the works have been in Open Beta on Korean servers (and still is as of now), is planned for Beta in NA/EU later this year, and are planned to come to PS4 and Xbox One next year.

The game will be a seamless, sandbox-style MMO and will feature no-load dungeons, a non-auto-target system, guild-owned land, Guild vs. Guild battles, beautiful landscapes and character models, an extremely detailed character creation system, and 6 starter classes: Warrior, Giant, Archer, Sorceress, Tamer, and Blader.

Check this out:

The game is Free to Play in Korea. The other regions' pay models are not yet decided.

Edited by Sun Wukong

The visuals are nice, and the character creator is detailed, but that's really all I know about this game. I'm kinda worried it'll end up being typical MMO fare, which isn't a good thing for me. I'll have to check out some gameplay, although I am somewhat concerned considering my past experiences with MMOs.

The visuals are nice, and the character creator is detailed, but that's really all I know about this game. I'm kinda worried it'll end up being typical MMO fare, which isn't a good thing for me. I'll have to check out some gameplay, although I am somewhat concerned considering my past experiences with MMOs.

If it's anything like TERA, which is also an F2P, it'll have a system where you pay just to get better stuff that you can get in game anyway. I hate those games with Play-to-Win models where the ones who pay have the best equipment and everyone else is a noob.

My fear is just that. It's got a lot of promises to make. Le'ts hope they do, because they've gotten my interest...

If it's anything like TERA, which is also an F2P, it'll have a system where you pay just to get better stuff that you can get in game anyway. I hate those games with Play-to-Win models where the ones who pay have the best equipment and everyone else is a noob.

My main concern is how most MMOs are really tutorial heavy at the start, and after that just feel kind of repetitive. I haven't played a whole lot (Don't have the money for them), but starting a game to deal with 5 hours of tutorials is a big turn-off for me. I like to just get a quick overview then get into the game.

Of course, my computer would never be able to run this anyway, so I have no clue if I'd be able to play it in the first place. xD

Edited by Shulk

My main concern is how most MMOs are really tutorial heavy at the start, and after that just feel kind of repetitive. I haven't played a whole lot (Don't have the money for them), but starting a game to deal with 5 hours of tutorials is a big turn-off for me. I like to just get a quick overview then get into the game.Of course, my computer would never be able to run this anyway, so I have no clue if I'd be able to play it in the first place. xD

As long as you're not running Vista you'll be fine. Apparently they're specifically designing it so it runs well on low-end machines too. It seems to me like there's a bunch to do besides quests, so if you're into stuff like fishing or sailing or farming or something like that there's that too. I can't reall say anything about the tutorial... But I know you'll spend hours on CC alone xD. I have high hopes for this game too, so hopefully it won't let me down!And again, it's like that they'll have an F2P model, so you can try without paying a cent. That is, if they say. Try the open beta later this year to see if it's a fit for ya! Edited by Sun Wukong

As long as you're not running Vista you'll be fine. Apparently they're specifically designing it so it runs well on low-end machines too.It seems to me like there's a bunch to do besides quests, so if you're into stuff like fishing or sailing or farming or something like that there's that too.I can't reall say anything about the tutorial... But I know you'll spend hours on CC alone xD. I have high hopes for this game too, so hopefully it won't let me down!And again, it's like that they'll have an F2P model, so you can try without paying a cent. That is, if they say.Try the open beta later this year to see if it's a fit for ya!

That's all true. My computer's pretty crappy, though. xD If I get a new laptop later this year (Which is supposed to happen), I'll definitely try it since it's free!

Black Desert yesterday launched their first trailer showcased in another language: Japanese. It can be seen below.

In other news, Black Desert's cash shop earned $2 million in a week.

This could be a good sign for players, as it could decide whether or not we can get Black Desert to follow the F2P model as in Korea.

The full article can  be read here, thanks to SegmentNext

http://segmentnext.com/2015/02/16/black-desert-online-earns-2-million-in-single-week/

Edited by Sun Wukong