Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Five Nights at Freedy's series timeline

FNAF2>FNAF1> FNAF3

FNAF2 is a prequel to FNAF1 because it takes place in the year of 1987, the year the bite of 87 occurred. I think FNAF1 takes place in 1993 or somewhere around that. With the recent FNAF3 news it is now official that FNAF3 takes place 30 years after the events of FNAF1, the original. If you add 30 years to 1993(the year I think FNAF1 takes place in) the year that FNAF3 probably takes place in 2023. 

I'm assuming there is no concrete timeline: Toy Freddy seems to be a newer model of regular Freddy, but trashed Freddy is shown as an exact double of FNaF 1's Freddy, so why go back to the old models?

Plus, nothing really says 1987 in FNaF 2: the vent system could be any year, and the cameras are a tad advanced for the 80's. It's possible there is no linear storyline, and all the games just flow through the same universe, connecting here and there, but not directly being "sequels" in the sense of taking place after one another. 

Plus the check is 19~~, but FNaf 2 doesn't say a year. 

Who knows: FNaF 3 could take place in modern day. 

I'm assuming there is no concrete timeline: Toy Freddy seems to be a newer model of regular Freddy, but trashed Freddy is shown as an exact double of FNaF 1's Freddy, so why go back to the old models?

Plus, nothing really says 1987 in FNaF 2: the vent system could be any year, and the cameras are a tad advanced for the 80's. It's possible there is no linear storyline, and all the games just flow through the same universe, connecting here and there, but not directly being "sequels" in the sense of taking place after one another. 

Plus the check is 19~~, but FNaf 2 doesn't say a year. 

Who knows: FNaF 3 could take place in modern day. 

but the paycheck you get in FNAF 2 says that the date is 1987 in FNAF 2. Posted Image

Edited by Toon Link

I think he's the guy you play as in FNAF2. 

Hm. Interesting.

Well, I haven't actually played these games myself, so I didn't know about the check, but I still say it's odd the company goes back on the old designs, unless the wrecked robots are a THIRD series, and the robots in FNaF are a new set, with the Toy versions being the ruined ones. 

Hm. Interesting.

Well, I haven't actually played these games myself, so I didn't know about the check, but I still say it's odd the company goes back on the old designs, unless the wrecked robots are a THIRD series, and the robots in FNaF are a new set, with the Toy versions being the ruined ones. 

According to hidden lore in FNAF1, there were two more places before the one in FNAF2 was made. I can't really explain it that good so here's a video about it if you don't mind spoilers. It might not explain it all the way, but it might give you a better understanding of what I said earlier.

Edited by Toon Link

Hm. Interesting.

The old designs were from FredBear's Family Diner, which ended up closing, and the FNAF2 models, the Toys were scrapped due to malfunctions, and promised to re-open with a lower budget, and kept the old ones.

Edited by KHLegendIII

The old designs were from FredBear's Family Diner, which ended up closing, and the FNAF2 models, the Toys were scrapped due to malfunctions, and promised to re-open with a lower budget, and kept the old ones.

So...excuse me for this... a sh!tt@r version of the first place, with the same used robots? 

wow...safe...

According to hidden lore in FNAF1, there were two more places before the one in FNAF2 was made. I can't really explain it that good so here's a video about it if you don't mind spoilers. It might not explain it all the way, but it might give you a better understanding of what I said earlier.

Ah, I see.