Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Which of the following consoles and handhelds do you own?

Which of the following consoles and handhelds do you own?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following consoles and handhelds do you own?

• PS3
    • PS4
    • 3DS
    • PS VITA
    • Xbox One
    • Wii U
    • Any other consoles/handhelds? Tell us below!

I own a Gameboy Color, a N64, a PS2, a Xbox, a GBA, a GBA SP, a Wii (the old one that also plays GameCube games), a Wii U, a PS3, a Xbox 360, and a 3DS XL (The Special Pikachu edition). And my sister has an original Gameboy and a 3DS.

I own a PS3, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PS4, 3DS, DS Lite, and of course, PC.

Honestly though I plan on holding onto my older consoles. For starters, the Wii is perfect for emulating SNES/MegaDrive/NES while creating the old experience of sitting on the couch with the controller (especially since I have the classic controller!); the PSP as we all know is great for emulating in general, and it's pretty hard to find a way to play those PS1 titles on the move, not to mention, I've clocked countless hours into Disgaea.

I also have a DSTwo Flash card for my 3DS to emulate NDS games on it, so I am all stocked up when it comes to retro. At heart, I'll always be a retro guy, so having a good plethora of devices to either play natively or emulate is always up my ally. Yeah, I know my PC can emulate PS2 even without issues, but I just don't like being hunched in front of a computer screen to play my old console games.

Oh and for those on the fence about the Wii U, I will say this: you can use the old homebrew channel on the Wii mode out of the box, adding emulator support, and since in Wii U mode it can play GBA and soon DS games, the idea of a homebrew channel getting put on the Wii U mode means we might be able to do DS games quite nicely on the Wii U.

I only actually own a 3DS and DS lite for myself. But there are consoles in this house that can be used by any family / friends:

WiiU, PS2, PS3, 360, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP. 

Edited by Solarclaw