Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Five Nights at Freedy's 3 is confirmed for sure!

Five Nights at Freddy's is becoming the new Slenderman. Started off scary, but after so many fan games and versions, it's becoming another Indie game fad to experience while bored. An entertaining one, but a fad, nevertheless.

Five Nights at Freddy's is becoming the new Slenderman. Started off scary, but after so many fan games and versions, it's becoming another Indie game fad to experience while bored. An entertaining one, but a fad, nevertheless.

shit i was gonna say the samr thing. 1 was amazing. 2? not bad. but 3... wtf are they gonna do lol? im running out of ideas here. i feel like theyre getting released so quickly...likei know its a short game but with the third its gonna lose its magic.in the end, its 50/50 - half the fanbase wnats it, half doesnt. people are still going to buy it so theyre still making a profit.i still think it should have stopped at 2... or like, at least waited a year before making a new one? fnaf was such a great game with a unique story and background; sad to see it be one of those "overkill" things. im just going to avoid fnaf 3 so i dont start to dislike the series >.<

shit i was gonna say the samr thing. 1 was amazing. 2? not bad. but 3... wtf are they gonna do lol? im running out of ideas here. i feel like theyre getting released so quickly...likei know its a short game but with the third its gonna lose its magic.in the end, its 50/50 - half the fanbase wnats it, half doesnt. people are still going to buy it so theyre still making a profit.i still think it should have stopped at 2... or like, at least waited a year before making a new one? fnaf was such a great game with a unique story and background; sad to see it be one of those "overkill" things. im just going to avoid fnaf 3 so i dont start to dislike the series >.<

I know, right? What started off as a game made just for the heck of it, has turned into a full blown trilogy. There's about as many theories and plot arguments concerning FNAF, as there are for KH, it seems. xD

Interesting to use images of the Toy versions from 2. I note they don't have their endoskeletons in there, but there's an alligator clamp hanging around. I wonder if they've been well and truly scrapped, or if they're going to make a comeback.

Edit: The Manequin isn't among the discarded shells. Uh oh...

Edited by Dave

I honestly got bored of the first game after a week. I think they're making way too many sequels, and way too often at this point. Doesn't seem like the type of concept that could last very long before becoming incredibly stale. Of course, the fans still seem interested, so I might be wrong there.

I honestly got bored of the first game after a week. I think they're making way too many sequels, and way too often at this point. Doesn't seem like the type of concept that could last very long before becoming incredibly stale. Of course, the fans still seem interested, so I might be wrong there.

True that. You don't do something right, animatronic jumps out at you, you die. Kind of a repetitive formula. I think one of the most entertaining parts of it however, is listening to the panic of the people actually playing. ( Markiplier and DashieXP are freakin' hilarious. ) And the ambiance sounds are kinda nice. However, as a "scary" game it can get old fairly quickly, as there are way creepier/ more disturbing games out there, if that's what you really want. Heck, I've seen pixelated RPG games scarier than this sh@t.

True that. You don't do something right, animatronic jumps out at you, you die. Kind of a repetitive formula. I think one of the most entertaining parts of it however, is listening to the panic of the people actually playing. ( Markiplier and DashieXP are freakin' hilarious. ) And the ambiance sounds are kinda nice. However, as a "scary" game it can get old fairly quickly, as there are way creepier/ more disturbing games out there, if that's what you really want. Heck, I've seen pixelated RPG games scarier than this sh@t.

Listening to reactions is pretty much how I spent the week when I was interested in the game. xD I'm not a fan of games that use a ton of jump scares to add the horror element, personally. This game seemed to have a lot of those.

Listening to reactions is pretty much how I spent the week when I was interested in the game. xD I'm not a fan of games that use a ton of jump scares to add the horror element, personally. This game seemed to have a lot of those.

Exactly! While jumpscares are awesome, using them as the only focus point in a game can get sooooo old. I personally prefer scares that are set up far from each other, and completely unexpected....for example, in Ao Oni, you can hide from the demon- but at certain moments it's unexpected, because he'll open the closet door and find you anyway. Or in a more unique set up such as Outlast. It was not only frightening that you had no way to defend yourself from the crazies running around, but sometimes you were afraid to walk by one sitting in a wheelchair, because you didn't know if he was good or bad. And the environment literally made that game...like when you're in the basment, and the naked guys talk about how they want to kill you. They don't actually harm you, but just hearing the dirty way they talk is so unnerving. That's what I love.....build up...atmosphere....jumpscares completely different from the last....nice story......and those itty bitty details that weren't necessary, but make everything so much better.

.....And a plot twist or two every now and then, doesn't hurt. xD (The Witch's House has a great one at the end.)

Exactly! While jumpscares are awesome, using them as the only focus point in a game can get sooooo old. I personally prefer scares that are set up far from each other, and completely unexpected....for example, in Ao Oni, you can hide from the demon- but at certain moments it's unexpected, because he'll open the closet door and find you anyway. Or in a more unique set up such as Outlast. It was not only frightening that you had no way to defend yourself from the crazies running around, but sometimes you were afraid to walk by one sitting in a wheelchair, because you didn't know if he was good or bad. And the environment literally made that game...like when you're in the basment, and the naked guys talk about how they want to kill you. They don't actually harm you, but just hearing the dirty way they talk is so unnerving. That's what I love.....build up...atmosphere....jumpscares completely different from the last....nice story......and those itty bitty details that weren't necessary, but make everything so much better.

.....And a plot twist or two every now and then, doesn't hurt. xD (The Witch's House has a great one at the end.)

I'm not a big fan of jumpscares in general, but when they're used infrequently and are unexpected, that is pretty nice. I prefer psychological horror, personally. I'm not a big horror game player, but from what I've seen of P.T., I think that did horror really well. It was really suspenseful, and messed with the player's mind. Half Life 2's Ravenholm level was also really good for horror in my opinion, although it did go to jumpscares a little too often.

I'm not a big fan of jumpscares in general, but when they're used infrequently and are unexpected, that is pretty nice. I prefer psychological horror, personally. I'm not a big horror game player, but from what I've seen of P.T., I think that did horror really well. It was really suspenseful, and messed with the player's mind. Half Life 2's Ravenholm level was also really good for horror in my opinion, although it did go to jumpscares a little too often.

The things in the bathroom....THE THINGS IN THE BATHROOM!!! DX

The things in the bathroom....THE THINGS IN THE BATHROOM!!! DX

Ugh, the bathroom things... Those were terrifying. I think the fact that the game was looping through the same hall over and over was probably the most suspenseful part of it, though. The player never knows what to expect the next time they open the door.

Ugh, the bathroom things... Those were terrifying. I think the fact that the game was looping through the same hall over and over was probably the most suspenseful part of it, though. The player never knows what to expect the next time they open the door.

Yeah.....and ya know what?  It made me think- if there really is a Hell, is that what's it like? I honestly think roaming through an endless abyss, and being reminded of all the things that went wrong in your life through terrifying visuals and symbolism, is far more depressing than fire. I dunno- every time I see a Silent Hill game, I think about that and how terrible it would be if that's what the afterlife was really like.

Yeah.....and ya know what?  It made me think- if there really is a Hell, is that what's it like? I honestly think roaming through an endless abyss, and being reminded of all the things that went wrong in your life through terrifying visuals and symbolism, is far more depressing than fire. I dunno- every time I see a Silent Hill game, I think about that and how terrible it would be if that's what the afterlife was really like.

I've never even thought of it that way. ._. I've never played a Silent Hill game, so I don't really know what they're about. P.T. was my first exposure to any of them.

I've never even thought of it that way. ._. I've never played a Silent Hill game, so I don't really know what they're about. P.T. was my first exposure to any of them.

Neither have I, but I've watched walkthroughs. Apparently, the environment of Silent Hill changes for each person that's unlucky enough to find the place. For example, one guy who lost his wife ended up in the town, and for him it was an endless hell of wandering through abandoned hotels, being attacked by angry female-looking monsters, and being chased by a tall, sexually-frustrated brute named Pyramid Head. In another game, a little girl was the main character, and for her Silent Hill resembled an amusement park. For another character it was a mine, etc. etc.....kinda unnerving to think if the afterlife is the same way, eh? Different for everyone? Hmmm....

I'm interested in where the 'story' leads for FNAF3.

FNAF2 is still pretty creepy, just not quite as much as FNAF1.

I am too. I hope FNAF 3 is very interesting in its story and gameplay and better than the previous FNAF titles. I love the jumpscares because sometimes it happen when I least expect it. 

OMG YAAAS Ive only seen a demo playthrough of PT (friend showed it to me) and I was COMPLETELY enthralled into those videos. firetrucking creepy. I want that game so bad, i just wont be able to plsy it alone in the dark at night...my favourite part is tne radio to be hinest, and seeing the distruction and pills and shit everywhere. then the reffridgerator...god damn. is it even out yet? xD i want it. my friend showed me an outlast gameplay too, but its not so mich "scary" as it is just gorey and grotesque.

Or in a more unique set up such as Outlast. It was not only frightening that you had no way to defend yourself from the crazies running around, but sometimes you were afraid to walk by one sitting in a wheelchair, because you didn't know if he was good or bad. And the environment literally made that game...like when you're in the basment, and the naked guys talk about how they want to kill you. They don't actually harm you, but just hearing the dirty way they talk is so unnerving. That's what I love.....build up...atmosphere....jumpscares completely different from the last....nice story......and those itty bitty details that weren't necessary, but make everything so much better.

See, and I didn't find Outlast to be that scary at all. After a while, the sensation of being chased just gets really old, and you could begin to spot the places where the chases were going to occur by spotting if there were lockers in the area. Not to mention that the entire thing with the Wallrider felt really out of place, and switched the mood of the game to almost science fiction.

I'm a little concerned about FNaF turning into a franchise that might get stale after a while. As someone else mentioned, it already happened to Slenderman. When I heard FNaF2 was coming out I flipped my shit. Then when I hear a third is coming out, my reaction was an odd blend of "eeeeee!" and "uh..."

I can only hope they bump up or streamline the formula a bit. I haven't played 2 (and, admittedly, 1...) but from the LPs I've seen, it felt like the game was too hectic for what the mechanics could reasonably defend you against. They gave you more to fight without adjusting the core mechanics to compensate for all the extras -- if anything you're in an even worse position. The original was designed to handle four animatronics. The sequel upped the animatronic count to freakin' eleven and downgraded your means to defend yourself, like how you can't check your camera while being in your "protected" mode. Foxy and the Puppet are in place so you can't just slap on the mask and wait out the whole night protected, but good luck dealing with that when Bonnie or Chica are also down the hall and Toy Bonnie is about to pop in your face and Balloon Boy is a step away from disabling your flashlight with no known way to get it back and you have no choice but to use the mask against Bonnie/Chica except you need to rewind the music box after letting it get so low because Toy Chica from before would not go away... how do you defend against that? Seriously, how? With the third game around the corner, I can only hope it takes a different route beyond the same but more.