Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Skhyatze

KH2 Sora's shoes in KH2 and KH2FM.

In KH2, Sora's shoes have a silver/gray bottom. In KH2FM they are black. 

Small, weird, and pointless change and I honestly think it is worse. Probably the only thing worse in KH2FM. 

Edit: Well damn. People really don't seem to like me lol 

Edited by Skhyatze

Honestly that's not even a big deal. I didn't even notice.

Never said it was. lol 

They used DDD models of characters where they could so probably why the change. Completely pointless to complain about really...

Not complaining. May seem like it but I am not. Just found it weird. 

Dang impressive attention to detail, I never even noticed that o.o

Always found something different between the outfits. Never noticed what it actually was until recently. 

Not complaining. May seem like it but I am not. Just found it weird. 

Ansem SoD is more noticeble, they changed his shoulder pads from blue to black/dark grey.

Posted Image

Edited by DevilSpooky

Ansem SoD is more noticeble, they changed his shoulder pads from blue to black/dark grey.

Posted Image

Dude you showed the same image on two different consoles. I'm pretty sure that's just because they bumped up the resolution.

Edited by Drones

Dude you showed the same image on two different consoles. I'm pretty sure that's just because they bumped up the resolution.

They are a different color, they even have a different design on the straps on his shoulders, look at them, look at the buttons, they are bigger on the bottom image... It's not the same model, the top one is the original model from the PS2 version, the bottom one is the model from DDD that they used in the PS3 version because it has a higher polygonal count. They did that for almost every main character in the game. We know they did that, Nomura said so himself, they didn't just upped the resolution, they actually replaced everything they could for high quality models, they did the same with the second Collection and with the FFX/X-2 collection.

Edited by Flaming Lea

They are a different color, they even have a different design on the straps on his shoulders, look at them, look at the buttons, they are bigger on the bottom image... It's not the same model, the top one is the original model from the PS2 version, the bottom one is the model from DDD that they used in the PS3 version because it has a higher polygonal count. They did that for almost every main character in the game. We know they did that, Nomura said so himself, they didn't just upped the resolution, they actually replaced everything they could for high quality models, they did the same with the second Collection and with the FFX/X-2 collection.

The first image just looked like a low res version of the second one (which it actually is, not in entirety however) Those two images are not up for scale, being that one is for a fat TV (square shaped) and one is for a flat screen (rectangular shaped). So of course the buttons on the rectangular shaped image look larger, because, well, you're looking at a larger picture.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Perhaps it is you that is blind, because those two images are not up for scale, being that one is for a fat TV (square shaped) and one is for a flat screen (rectangular shaped). So of course the buttons on the rectangular shaped image look larger, because, well, you're looking at a larger picture.

Nope.

You can even see the difference between kh1 and re:com (in which they used the old not-updated model) on 1.5 

You know, that's something I noticed for a long time now. It was like that in KH2FM as well. I don't exactly like how it doesn't pair up to the Vanilla KH2 costume nor seems to match up with the KH3 costume. I also see a difference on the pants sora wears. It's the same, but it doesn't have the white outlining on the side anymore, but rather, a black indention outline. The white outlining is still in front, but not the side like seen in KH3.

I think maybe they did this so the Limit Form costume closely resembles Sora's KH1 costume as much as possible, and the color staying dark-grey or black was a mistake on their part? Who knows, I'll probably forget all about the issue in KH3.

The first image just looked like a low res version of the second one (which it actually is, not in entirety however) Those two images are not up for scale, being that one is for a fat TV (square shaped) and one is for a flat screen (rectangular shaped). So of course the buttons on the rectangular shaped image look larger, because, well, you're looking at a larger picture.

No, the first image is not the second image in low resolution, the first image is how the game was on the PS2 version, with the model used on the PS2 version of the game, using the same resolution of the PS2 version of the game, the second image is from the PS3 version, using a different model with higher polygonal count and bigger resolution. And the reason they have different sizes is because the PS2 version of the game is rendered at 4:3 resolution while the PS3 is at 16:9. If you pick the first image and made it fit the 16:9 format IT WONT turn into the second figure, it would look streatched and deformed, and if you take the 2nd image and made it fit the 4:3 format it would look squished, it won't turn into the first image, things won't just magically change appearence and even colors only because you change the resolution...

Posted Image

And because I'm nice here's a video comparing the intro of the first game on the PS3 and a streached version of the PS2 version to fit the 19:9 format so you can see what happens to images when you change the format. Now the PS2 version of Sora's model didn't magically turned into the PS3 version right?

Edited by Flaming Lea