Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Isamu Kuno

ENGLISH VOICED TRAILER FOR FF XV!

Guys, GUYS! I -I just saw a trailer for FFXV, with OFFICIAL ENGLISH VOICEWORK!

Dat' gruff voice Gladio has, just PERFECT!

https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasy?fref=nf 

And that last line "It's been a long time, too long. Not much longer."

I know I'm totally grasping at straws here but I really, really, really want to believe that they but that they chose to end the trailer on that line as a hint...

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Noctis' battle grunts are a little odd, but I'm really digging the rest of it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They sound a bit too much like voice clips I'd expect out of characters like Gladiolus or Lexaus.

Other than that, I'm reserving judgement for now. KH3Ds first trailer made it sound worse than it was, just because the voices were poorly mixed into the video, and this seems like it's a similar case. I'll wait and see what they sound like when there's a video that uses them better. 

Still, at least it's something!

Though I'm still not especially hyped for the game, I'm at least very impressed that they are now making the effort to release teasers and hype builders on a regular basis.

Nomura who?

Though I'm still not especially hyped for the game, I'm at least very impressed that they are now making the effort to release teasers and hype builders on a regular basis.

Nomura who?

To be fair, I don't think i9t's because Nomura handed the project over that we're getting more information, I think it's because the project is now at a point in development where they feel more confidant showing it off. I mean, even though they haven't told us when the release is, they finally did say they have a clear idea of the year and moth they want it to come out within the company. If they already have a release window in their heads that must mean the project is getting close to completion (well what they consider close, which is different then what we would consider to be close) especially when you consider that, apparently, the English voice actors have finally started recording their lines.

Actually, that's probably why Nomura moved on, because he knew that enough was done that the others could handle it from there.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

To be fair, I don't think i9t's because Nomura handed the project over that we're getting more information, I think it's because the project is now at a point in development where they feel more confidant showing it off. I mean, even though they haven't told us when the release is, they finally did say they have a clear idea of the year and moth they want it to come out within the company. If they already have a release window in their heads that must mean the project is getting close to completion (well what they consider close, which is different then what we would consider to be close) especially when you consider that, apparently, the English voice actors have finally started recording their lines.

Actually, that's probably why Nomura moved on, because he knew that enough was done that the others could handle it from there.

I dunno: when you consider we had eight years of radio silence when Nomura was running it, compared to the fact that since Tabata came on we've been getting news semi-regularly, I think that there has to be some kind of connection there.

The voices sound more cliche than I was expecting

I was expecting something a bit more grounded, what with the whole "This is a fantasy based on reality" thing

But they went the route where you can tell each character's defining trait by their voice, like cartoon characters

The voices are pretty good, though I figured Noctis would have a bit of a younger sounding voice. Kind of similar to Riku. Instead he's similar to Saix's tone.

Actually, his battle grunts sound quite different from his voice as well.

I'm still of the opinion that Nomura had no bloody clue what he was doing with Versus XIII.

Loving the voices myself.

Nomura mostly designed the characters and built some form of a plot line to work on. He's a project lead. Most of his work goes into designs and making sure the team is on schedule with the development.

Edited by Hero of Winds

The voices are pretty good, though I figured Noctis would have a bit of a younger sounding voice. Kind of similar to Riku. Instead he's similar to Saix's tone.

Nomura mostly designed the characters and built some form of a plot line to work on. He's a project lead. Most of his work goes into designs and making sure the team is on schedule with the development.

Nomura clearly significantly revised things a LOT though. Like deciding to redo a bunch of cutscenes and make them interactive, and expanding the game until it didn't work the on PS3 anymore

I am LOVING Prompto's voice. Like above, they define these characters like cartoons.

I have a feeling I'll get used to Noctis'... but the rest of the characters' will determine whether I play in English or Japanese. I think they'll do a bit more work on the VA for him.

Woah he DOES sound different! Check out the first part where he's like "This can't be real" and then some of his later stuff, like Battle Grunts.

Edited by Sun Wukong

Tai Yasue pretty much said it word for word.  Nomura is basically like the kid who has a list of stuffs he wants for the games he plays, lists that stuffs to whatever poor souls are actually making the games with the added benefit of signing their paychecks, thus having control of the schedule.  Nomura's job: Absolute creative control.  Everyone else's: Actually making the games.

If I had his job, I'd make the greatest games in the whole wide world!  So really, let's give a little bit of love to the people who spend their entire careers making his wildest dreams and fantasies come true.

Edited by John Casey