Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Izaiah

KH3D KH3D for Wii U?

I'm pretty sure someone has made a topic on this, but what are your opinions on a KH3D remake for the Wii U? Would you or would you not support it, what would the gameplay be like, etc. I'm not planning to get a Wii U anytime soon, although a remake would be pretty cool. 

You must mean the PS3.

KH3D requires a touchscreen, so PS3 can't work. PS4 has a touchscreen on its controller, but KH3D was built for the 3DS, so it would seem logical that it'd be on a Nintendo console.

either or

but not Wii U

there's really no point, since KH3 isn't coming to the Wii U and the purpose of the KH remakes in the first place was to prep for KH3

Well, I said the PS3 becuase Nomura said that he wants the KH games to be accessible to newer players on a single console. So it would be easier for them to play the other KH titles. Putting KH3D on the PS4 would defeat the whole purpose of having these previous KH games be remastered on the PS3.

Well, I said the PS3 becuase Nomura said that he wants the KH games to be accessible to newer players on a single console. So it would be easier for them to play the other KH titles. Putting KH3D on the PS4 would defeat the whole purpose of having these previous KH games be remastered on the PS3.

but KH3 is on the PS4, and the entire purpose of the remakes is to prep for KH3

Also there's the matter of sales. PS3 and Xbox 360 popularity id diminishing fast, so if Square doesn't think they can make a decent profit remaking a game for the Ps3, they won't. KH3D will be a fair bit more of a remake than the previous games, too, since it's porting over from a different system, and systems will have to be reworked. Never mind the theoretical KHX stuff

If anything I could see KH3D being on the PS4 and serving a similar purpose to Type-0 HD

That is, a KH3 demo

Edited by hatok

but KH3 is on the PS4, and the entire purpose of the remakes is to prep for KH3

Also there's the matter of sales. PS3 and Xbox 360 popularity id diminishing fast, so if Square doesn't think they can make a decent profit remaking a game for the Ps3, they won't. KH3D will be a fair bit more of a remake than the previous games, too, since it's porting over from a different system, and systems will have to be reworked. Never mind the theoretical KHX stuff

If anything I could see KH3D being on the PS4 and serving a similar purpose to Type-0 HD

That is, a KH3 demo

Well, KH3 was already being made before KH 1.5 was announced to be PS3 exclusives. And besides, the PS3 is a hard console to devlope games on. While the PS4 is a lot easier to develope games on. ALso, just for the record, it wouldn't be a remake. It would just be a port with updated graphics. There's a difference between "remake" and "remaster" :P.

Remaking it would be completely stupid. No one remakes 3DS games. They'd remaster it. And they wouldn't put it on Wii U, Square Enix doesn't really care about the Wii U. And it wouldn't be for PlayStation 3 either. The PlayStation 3's era is ending. People are shocked they're even releasing 2.5 exclusively on PS3.

Remaking it would be completely stupid. No one remakes 3DS games. They'd remaster it. And they wouldn't put it on Wii U, Square Enix doesn't really care about the Wii U. And it wouldn't be for PlayStation 3 either. The PlayStation 3's era is ending. People are shocked they're even releasing 2.5 exclusively on PS3.

well the PS3 thing is exactly why it might be on PS3

They don't have the legal rights to have digital releases, and PS4 and XB1 MANDATE digital releases. Also I can't see KH2.5 or 1.5 fitting on other systems, there's a lot of HD video files in those games, especially 1.5 where all of Re:CoM and Days' stories are prerendered. Wouldn't fit on a 360 disk, and I can't see people downloading that huge of a file on Steam or something (not that they could for the aforementioned reason)

well the PS3 thing is exactly why it might be on PS3

They don't have the legal rights to have digital releases, and PS4 and XB1 MANDATE digital releases. Also I can't see KH2.5 or 1.5 fitting on other systems, there's a lot of HD video files in those games, especially 1.5 where all of Re:CoM and Days' stories are prerendered. Wouldn't fit on a 360 disk, and I can't see people downloading that huge of a file on Steam or something (not that they could for the aforementioned reason)

They could have easily released them on 360 in terms of disc size. XIII is more than double the size of 1.5. But they can't anyway due to that exclusivity contract.

They'll have to release KH3 digitally.

They could have easily released them on 360 in terms of disc size. XIII is more than double the size of 1.5. But they can't anyway due to that exclusivity contract.

They'll have to release KH3 digitally.

But it'd be only multiple disks, I doubt that kind of production is worth it for an HD remaster that is guaranteed to not sell very well on the 360 anyways

KH3 will be digital, yes. Because PS4 and XB1 mandate digital releases, like I said

This pretty much means we're either getting a new Utada song, or a different song entirely... or Disney will finally crack and pay her what her dad wants

Console warriors on this site will tell you "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" while the actual Kingdom Hearts fans will tell you its ok as long as it ALSO comes to the PS3 and Xbox 360. (Xbox fans are feeling lonely lol)

Though I'd love to hear more details about these "exclusivity" contracts just so we can stop with the port begging. :)

Edited by Mirr0rVS13

I don't mind a Wii U release, as long as it's also released on PS3, PSVita, and/or PS4.

I could see a Vita release happening since it's also a handheld like the 3DS.

either orbut not Wii Uthere's really no point, since KH3 isn't coming to the Wii U and the purpose of the KH remakes in the first place was to prep for KH3

The fact that its easier to port a 3DS title to another Nintendo console is fair enough reasoning. They should just go multiplat with 3D HD and put all the remasters in one compiled set for the PS4 and Xbox One afterword.

The fact that its easier to port a 3DS title to another Nintendo console is fair enough reasoning. They should just go multiplat with 3D HD and put all the remasters in one compiled set for the PS4 and Xbox One afterword.

...since when is it easy to port from the 3DS? This is the first I've heard of it

I'm pretty sure it will be for PS4 since it was announced together with KH3.

Mayby just mayby for PS3 since this also belongs to the remakes.

FFXV was announced along side KH 3, not 3D, In fact KH 3D HD hasn't been announced at all, the closest thing we have is the flashes of 3D scenes in HD with the latest public teaser. Even if it is announced it my not be playable It may just be scenes or something. Though my personal hope is a KH Re:3D.5 HD. with playable versions of Days, Re:Coded and 3D though that's highly unlikely. But I doubt it will come to the Wii U since Square seemingly has no interest in making any KH title for a home Nintendo console.

...since when is it easy to port from the 3DS? This is the first I've heard of it

It's much easier to port a Nintendo title to another Nintendo console. Less controller mapping required. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Wii U is the only console capable of using the 3DS features such as touch screen connection with your Spirits.