Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Timothy Ling Jit Houng

Something about Roxas...

On the 7th day in KHII, if Sora wasn't sleeping.

Sora fought Roxas in his Dive to Heart countless times, that doesn't mean that he won't fight him in real life.

what does this have to do with creating another Roxas

Roxas is a Nobody created when Sora went stabbity on his own heart. It had nothing to do with anyone fighting anyone, so I'm unclear why Sora and Roxas fighting would produce another Roxas. And Sora did not fight Roxas in the Dive to Heart countless times; they fought once.

Okay I don't understand what you're saying but I think Roxas will come back when Sora gives Ven's heart back.

That's what I've thought, too. I've always believed that, upon Ven's heart returning, he and Roxas would essentially merge into the same being with the memories of both. I find it unlikely that Roxas would become his own person alongside Ventus and I doubt Roxas will be given his own body and appearance. Plus, it'd still be kind of bittersweet in the sense that Roxas wouldn't be able to become his own being completely, simply returning to someone else. At the same time, though, his memories would still be intact (albeit, added onto) so he'd really still be the same person in the end.

Plus, he'd be the link between the Birth by Sleep era and the 'modern' KH cast. Having direct connections to both Terra and Aqua (Not to mention Xehanort) while still being involved with Sora and the rest.

Edited by Kaweebo

That's what I've thought, too. I've always believed that, upon Ven's heart returning, he and Roxas would essentially merge into the same being with the memories of both. I find it unlikely that Roxas would become his own person alongside Ventus and I doubt Roxas will be given his own body and appearance. Plus, it'd still be kind of bittersweet in the sense that Roxas wouldn't be able to become his own being completely, simply returning to someone else. At the same time, though, his memories would still be intact (albeit, added onto) so he'd really still be the same person in the end.

Plus, he'd be the link between the Birth by Sleep era and the 'modern' KH cast. Having direct connections to both Terra and Aqua (Not to mention Xehanort) while still being involved with Sora and the rest.

Nice theory! So, any thoughts of how Xion will return?

Wait, it seems you're saying Roxas is more connected to Ventus than to Sora.

Roxas carried Ventus' Heart for some time, but that doesn't make him a connection. Sora is the connection between everything single freaking complicated thing Nomura created. Roxy is my nobody and will remain that way, he'll not merge with Ventus, he has nothing to do with Ventus.

Oh, and also:

Asuming that Roxas has Ventus' heart, do you think Testuya didn't want to make things too complicated so Sora and Roxas didn't have to fight and end up creating another Roxas (maybe this time looks like Vanitas >W<)or a Xsorax (Roxas' nobody>W<)?

Posted Image

Edited by SkyKeybladeHero

Wait, it seems you're saying Roxas is more connected to Ventus than to Sora.

Roxas carried Ventus' Heart for some time, but that doesn't make him a connection. Sora is the connection between everything single freaking complicated thing Nomura created. Roxy is my nobody and will remain that way, he'll not merge with Ventus, he has nothing to do with Ventus.

It very much makes him a connection, actually. He is Sora's Nobody, but he is still using Ventus' heart. Ventus is half of the reason why Roxas exists at all right now. Roxas has already been merged with Sora, but he still retains consciousness inside of him, at least sometimes. Wouldn't it make sense that, once Ventus' heart returned to him, Roxas would go, too?

Remember, the only part of Roxas that is Sora's is his original Body, which has already been relinquished. He still has Ventus' heart to give. It would make sense that Roxas would merge with Ventus and become one and the same. Plus, for story purposes, I really doubt Nomura will keep two of the same people running around doing whatever.

He wouldn't be gone, he'd simply grow, I think. From a character perspective, I actually think 'Ventus' will awaken and be almost exactly like Roxas, albeit with the memories of both. The reason being that Roxas is much more mature than Ventus and actually the stronger personality. It would make sense that, given his experiences, his would be the dominant over Ventus' naivety. They'd still call him Ventus, though, because Roxas is really just the stolen name of Sora with an 'X'. It's Xehanort's creation, to be honest. 

It's just my theory, though. Things could go a completely different way. Ventus could be killed or something before his heart returns and it turns out Donald is the seventh Light. IDK.

Nice theory! So, any thoughts of how Xion will return?

Not really. I dunno how that'd work. She's even further down the rabbit hole than Roxas is. It's possible that, because she's a Replica and thus not really anyone's 'Nobody', that she could escape from Sora's body at some point, but I dunno. I'd be alright with that if it happened.

Edited by Kaweebo

It very much makes him a connection, actually. He is Sora's Nobody, but he is still using Ventus' heart. Ventus is half of the reason why Roxas exists at all right now. Roxas has already been merged with Sora, but he still retains consciousness inside of him, at least sometimes. Wouldn't it make sense that, once Ventus' heart returned to him, Roxas would go, too?

Remember, the only part of Roxas that is Sora's is his original Body, which has already been relinquished. He still has Ventus' heart to give. It would make sense that Roxas would merge with Ventus and become one and the same. Plus, for story purposes, I really doubt Nomura will keep two of the same people running around doing whatever.

He wouldn't be gone, he'd simply grow, I think. From a character perspective, I actually think 'Ventus' will awaken and be almost exactly like Roxas, albeit with the memories of both. The reason being that Roxas is much more mature than Ventus and actually the stronger personality. It would make sense that, given his experiences, his would be the dominant over Ventus' naivety. They'd still call him Ventus, though, because Roxas is really just the stolen name of Sora with an 'X'. It's Xehanort's creation, to be honest. 

It's just my theory, though. Things could go a completely different way. Ventus could be killed or something before his heart returns and it turns out Donald is the seventh Light. IDK.

Not really. I dunno how that'd work. She's even further down the rabbit hole than Roxas is. It's possible that, because she's a Replica and thus not really anyone's 'Nobody', that she could escape from Sora's body at some point, but I dunno. I'd be alright with that if it happened.

Roxy, do you want to go away from me and go to this Ventus jerk?

Edited by SkyKeybladeHero

I have nothing to say but quote Sora with. "You deserve as much as I do to be your own person" 

No way Roxas' gonna merge with Ventus. No no, no way. Let us remember there's still Vanitas to take care of. Both Vanitas and Roxas cannot merge back with Ventus and disappear. I know Vanitas' fate might be kinda obvious but no way Roxas' gonna do that. 

I'm gonna be so freaking mad if that happens. I trust Axel to do his job and bring Roxas back.

I have nothing to say but quote Sora with. "You deserve as much as I do to be your own person" 

No way Roxas' gonna merge with Ventus. No no, no way. Let us remember there's still Vanitas to take care of. Both Vanitas and Roxas cannot merge back with Ventus and disappear. I know Vanitas' fate might be kinda obvious but no way Roxas' gonna do that. 

I'm gonna be so freaking mad if that happens. I trust Axel to do his job and bring Roxas back.

And my Nobody has spoken. No further ado.

That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that, when Ven's heart leaves Sora's body, Roxas will return. Like how Namine was created when Kairi's heart left Sora's body. He will be his own person because Sora wants him to and Sora always gets his way.

That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that, when Ven's heart leaves Sora's body, Roxas will return. Like how Namine was created when Kairi's heart left Sora's body. He will be his own person because Sora wants him to and Sora always gets his way.

I figured that's what you meant specifically, but I felt it was a good way to bounce off with my own theory. Whether or not any of this happens is just speculation, anyway, so it's kind of funny how insulted some people are acting here when faced with the possibility that things might not happen ideally for their favorite characters. It could go anywhere at this point. 

I figured that's what you meant specifically, but I felt it was a good way to bounce off with my own theory. Whether or not any of this happens is just speculation, anyway, so it's kind of funny how insulted some people are acting here when faced with the possibility that things might not happen ideally for their favorite characters. It could go anywhere at this point. 

I'm just going by the hints they dropped in 3D. Roxas appearing in the opening, Nobodies having the ability to grow hearts, Sora telling Roxas that he deserves to be his own person and that in from DiZ about how when Sora sees the heart in something it becomes real. It all seems designed to tell us that Roxas is coming back as his own person in KH III.

I dunno if you just don't realize it, but you're essentially talking about killing these characters. You're talking about two unique individuals being erased in favour of a new entity. Overwriting Ven's personality in favour of Roxas', and eliminating the being known as Roxas in the first place. It's a disturbing concept, to say the least

Anyways, Roxas HAD Ventus' heart, sure, but in the same way Sora had Kairi's heart. Roxas himself was still a separate entity that started growing his own new heart. In terms of the body... that's not really important. Sora walked around for the end of KH1 and the entirety of KH1 without a body. Bodies really aren't all the necessary in the KHverse

Also if how Roxas looks ends up being a big deal, he can just keep his cloak from the Organization, or something.

But yeah no, them fusing is creepy as hell

I dunno if you just don't realize it, but you're essentially talking about killing these characters. You're talking about two unique individuals being erased in favour of a new entity. Overwriting Ven's personality in favour of Roxas', and eliminating the being known as Roxas in the first place. It's a disturbing concept, to say the least

Anyways, Roxas HAD Ventus' heart, sure, but in the same way Sora had Kairi's heart. Roxas himself was still a separate entity that started growing his own new heart. In terms of the body... that's not really important. Sora walked around for the end of KH1 and the entirety of KH1 without a body. Bodies really aren't all the necessary in the KHverse

Also if how Roxas looks ends up being a big deal, he can just keep his cloak from the Organization, or something.

But yeah no, them fusing is creepy as hell

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the Kingdom Hearts series. You know, the video game franchise that involves a horde of dark creatures eating people's heart and killing entire worlds on a mass scale, leaving their bodies to serve only as blank slate servants to an organization of people who literally live without emotions? Not to mention the fact that we have Nobodies such as Roxas and Namine, who are forced to return to their original selves, unable to actually have a real life or existence because they weren't supposed to 'exist' at all. This isn't exactly a series that's a stranger to disturbing concepts.

Longass post about video game stuff

It is not the same way at all. Sora did not harbor Kairi's heart to sustain his body like Roxas did with Ventus'. If Roxas had Ventus' heart, his body would have no reason to make a new one. Also, while it's never been explored, it's pretty clear that Sora was restored with a new body by Kairi, but he was still incomplete without his Nobody, regardless. To say that bodies aren't necessary is kind of ignorant given that there's an entire race of people who have nothing BUT bodies and Souls (the Nobodies)

Like I said, it wouldn't be overwriting, but expansion. Remember, everything about Roxas is borrowed, his body is Sora's and his heart is Ventus'. Unless KHIII invents a new concept that will allow Roxas his own heart, there are only two other possibilities:

1. Ventus awakens just as he was at the end of BBS and all of Roxas' experiences and personality are erased.

or...

2. Roxas overwrites Ventus and awakens in his body, effectively stealing his life forever.

The things that make Roxas who he is are his personality, experiences and connections with other people and those shouldn't be erased just because the heart he has been harboring must return to its original owner. By combining both Ventus and Roxas, it allows Ventus to awaken once more, while also not erasing what Roxas has done. This isn't like the Potaru earrings in Dragon Ball Z where Goku and Vegeta are faced with abandoning their respective families in order to combine their bodies into one permanently to defeat a much stronger foe. Ventus' existence literally stopped at KHBBS and Roxas had no prior history before the Organization, no memories to fall back on...only the memories of his friends in the Organization and the hardships he had to endure.

It's almost literally as if Ventus was lost, came back with amnesia and had to re-learn everything about life, while also making new connections with people. Hell, Ventus already had something of a connection with Axel when he was still Lea in BBS! The pieces are already there to connect the two. Does Roxas deserve to live as his own person unrelated to Ventus? Absolutely he does.

Will he be able to? The alternatives are definitely worse. Again, barring some new concept that somehow will give Roxas his own heart for whatever reason. If that ends up happening, great! But given the KH series' track record for bittersweet/straight-up sad endings, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sorry this post went on forever, but I'm getting sick of so many people responding with misplaced, vehement disgust at what is just a theory on a videogame series. It might not and probably WON'T happen this way in the series and it doesn't reflect my own personal feelings on what is right or wrong morally or any of that bullcrap. 

Edited by Kaweebo