Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

List of things Sonic tried and failed

I've always wanted to try that knights of the round table game

Along with that Naruto samurai game for the Wii

It can be amusing to see characters placed in unfitting/different scenarios than what they're used to

Of course it all depends on the price you pay for a game, as amusing may not cut it when you sank $60+

It's always been the worst fandom to be in. Bad game, worse fanbase...

Yet for some reason, no matter what, I'll always be a Sonic fan and it's something I don't understand.

I understand why I'm still a Sonic fan. It's because a) I don't put with the "fans" that complain about everything and b) I don't follow the trend that "every new Sonic game is awful" either, especially when a large group of peons start trying to force it down my throat. Not you, SMK.

Another reason, and this is the big one: yeah, Sonic may have a bad, bad track record of having bad, bad games... but so what? We shouldn't feel bad because of that. We can at least appreciate the good that comes out of it, knowing that while not every game is going to be perfect, there's at least effort, fun, and quality thrown in to every good Sonic game that has been released and every good Sonic game that will be released. I mean, did anybody remember Sonic Generations? It wasn't perfect, but its still pretty damn good. Sonic Lost World looks fun too.

The Sonic Boom games were never meant to be a serious project in my eyes anyway. Now that I think about it, both RoL and SC are just supposed to be glorified advertisements for the cartoon, and quick cash grabs to sell the new "Sonic Boom" brand altogether. I'm enjoying the real product, the cartoon, very much so, so I'm starting to get over it, honestly, and a lot of other people should too. However, I'm welcome to there being another Sonic Boom game as long as Sega and the developers actually take their time and don't try to rush it again. You'd think they wouldn't repeat the same mistake three times now, but here's hoping.

I know I'm probably destroying the hilarity right now, but honestly, I needed to get this off my chest. :/

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I actually like Sonic and the Black knight,it wasn't the best Sonic game,but it was alright and while the Sonic 4 games were disappointing,I still enjoyed playing them,they were not terrible games.

But its disappointing that after Sonic Unleashed, Colors and Generations,SEGA still struggles to release great Sonic titles,I had great hope for the futur of the serie,but then they release Sonic Lost World and Sonic Boom :( ...hmm,I just hope the Sonic game SonicTeam is working on turns out great.

Sonic and the Black Knight is great, Sonic 4 is alright, you spelled bestiality wrong, and that's not bestiality anyways, since Sonic and Elise are sentient (I mean it's debatable with Elise but anyways)

The 'new' Sonic cycle is people getting overly excited for a new Sonic 06 to hate

Nobody expected Lost World to be bad, but it was. Generations Colours, Black Knight, Unleashed, Rush and Sonic 4 were all ranging from solid to fantastic

and this wasn't even made by Sonic Team

It's seriously depressing how much people -want- Sonic to be terrible, that they literally ignore the progress made over five years because of a single game

No negative statement on Sonic Unleashed hameplay, yesssssshhh

I love Sonic Unleashed

Sonic and the Black Knight is great, Sonic 4 is alright, you spelled bestiality wrong, and that's not bestiality anyways, since Sonic and Elise are sentient (I mean it's debatable with Elise but anyways)

The 'new' Sonic cycle is people getting overly excited for a new Sonic 06 to hate

Nobody expected Lost World to be bad, but it was. Generations Colours, Black Knight, Unleashed, Rush and Sonic 4 were all ranging from solid to fantastic

and this wasn't even made by Sonic Team

It's seriously depressing how much people -want- Sonic to be terrible, that they literally ignore the progress made over five years because of a single game

Umm why would I want a game of a series I love to be terrible?

I loved Colors and Generations to death but the last 8 years is anything but progress

I love Sonic Unleashed

Umm why would I want a game of a series I love to be terrible?

I loved Colors and Generations to death but the last 8 years is anything but progress

anything but? it's basically a straight line

it got worse, then 06 happened and each game that came after was better, peaking at Generations, and then starting another linear decline

anything but? it's basically a straight line

it got worse, then 06 happened and each game that came after was better, peaking at Generations, and then starting another linear decline

Sure they were better than 06 but what's the point if they're not  good ?

Secret Rings wasn't that good 

Sonic Chronicles(the RPG spin off on the DS) was horrible

Sonic & the Black Knight was bleh

The Sonic 4 episode 1&2 games are mediocre

Sonic Lost World were average at best

And then there is Boom ....the game that almost rivals 06 in terms of how bad it is

Sure they were better than 06 but what's the point if they're not  good ?

Secret Rings wasn't that good 

Sonic Chronicles(the RPG spin off on the DS) was horrible

Sonic & the Black Knight was bleh

The Sonic 4 episode 1&2 games are mediocre

Sonic Lost World were average at best

And then there is Boom ....the game that almost rivals 06 in terms of how bad it is

if you cherry pick bad things then it doesn't look like a trend, but look at the progress

Secret Rings- Better than 06

Sonic Rush Adventure was pretty good (but not really related to the main Sonic stuff)

Sonic Chronicles was really bad, but also not made by Sonic Team

Sonic Unleashed was much better than Secret Rings

Sonic and the Black Knight was better than Unleashed

Sonic 4 was about as good as a Sonic Rush game (relevant, since it's made by the same people, not Sonic Team)

Sonic Colours was better than Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic Generations was better than Sonic Colours

Sonic Lost World was worse than Sonic Generations

Sonic Boom was terrible. Also not made by Sonic Team, but an unproven new team (the last time a Sonic game was made by an unproven new team was Chronicles, and that was also the most recent terrible game)

Basically, the new 'Sonic Cycle' is people jumping the gun to get early access to beating a dead horse

if you cherry pick bad things then it doesn't look like a trend, but look at the progress

Secret Rings- Better than 06

Sonic Rush Adventure was pretty good (but not really related to the main Sonic stuff)

Sonic Chronicles was really bad, but also not made by Sonic Team

Sonic Unleashed was much better than Secret Rings

Sonic and the Black Knight was better than Unleashed

Sonic 4 was about as good as a Sonic Rush game (relevant, since it's made by the same people, not Sonic Team)

Sonic Colours was better than Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic Generations was better than Sonic Colours

Sonic Lost World was worse than Sonic Generations

Sonic Boom was terrible. Also not made by Sonic Team, but an unproven new team (the last time a Sonic game was made by an unproven new team was Chronicles, and that was also the most recent terrible game)

Basically, the new 'Sonic Cycle' is people jumping the gun to get early access to beating a dead horse

Hello?Cherry pick?If I don't enjoy a firetrucking game I'm gonna outright say it

Sure I loved Unleashed,Colors, Generations, but those are three out of more than eight mediocre games from 2006 up until 2014.

I don't care if Boom was not made by Sonic Team cuz Sega hired those and it's Sega's fault and 2It's not like Sonic Team was doing a much better job either with games like Sonic Lost World,Secret Rings and Black Knight

Did you even grow with Sonic since 1991 like I did?I've been with this franchise for so long and I wouldn't have ranted if it didn't mean anything to me.It's painful to see how after a pretty good track record from 1991 up to 2004 and after that the series started the nose dive with Shadow The Hedgehog(the game) and continue to jump up and down up and down until it fell on it's face yet again with 06

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

Hello?Cherry pick?If I don't enjoy a firetrucking game I'm gonna outright say it

Sure I loved Unleashed,Colors, Generations, but those are three out of more than eight mediocre games from 2006 up until 2014.

I don't care if Boom was not made by Sonic Team cuz Sega hired those and it's Sega's fault and 2It's not like Sonic Team was doing a much better job either with games like Sonic Lost World,Secret Rings and Black Knight

Did you even grow with Sonic since 1991 like I did?I've been with this franchise for so long and I wouldn't have ranted if it didn't mean anything to me.It's painful to see how after a pretty good track record from 1991 up to 2004 and after that the series started the nose dive with Shadow The Hedgehog(the game) and continue to jump up and down up and down until it fell on it's face yet again with 06

hm

so you're way too invested in the series, is what you're saying

hm

Hello?That's like how you're too invested in Kingdom Hearts.

What would it feel like if Kingdom Hearts kept getting bad game after a bad game after a bad game?I'd be even more pissed off cuz I even care more about Kingdom Hearts

When you grow up with something you want to see it improve and get better not fall on it's face,stand for two games,and then continue to fall on it's face again.

That's why I got angry with the Final Fantasy XIII games for example especially when the series already had enough shit with awful games like X-2,Dirge of Cerberus(I know spin offs but they're sequels to a main game ), before XIII and Lightning Returns raised their ugly heads

Hello?That's like how you're too invested in Kingdom Hearts.

What would it feel like if Kingdom Hearts kept getting bad game after a bad game after a bad game?I'd be even more pissed off cuz I even care more about Kingdom Hearts

When you grow up with something you want to see it improve and get better not fall on it's face,stand for two games,and then continue to fall on it's face again.

That's why I got angry with the Final Fantasy XIII games for example especially when the series already had enough shit with awful games like X-2,Dirge of Cerberus(I know spin offs but they're sequels to a main game ),XIII and Lightning Returns

If KH got bad games I'd be like

"That kinda sucks

hope they make better ones"

Kinda like my view on Sonic

bad Sonic games are a dime a dozen, but I'll just enjoy the good and hope for the best

I'm not so tied to the quality of a product that it pains me to see them go one way, or prides me they go another. It's something someone wants me to buy in the end.

Not that any of this was about viewing each game. I was just commenting on people jumping the gun with the "new Sonic cycle" thing

hm

There's nothing wrong with being invested with a series that someone likes. I'm not a Sonic fan, so I can't make any specific examples with this series, but if one of my favorite game series started to screw up constantly, I'd want the developers to learn from their mistakes and improve. For example, if Pokemon started to have a ton of games that were mediocre at best, of course I'd be vocal about it. It's because I'd want Game Freak to improve their work, not to get them to quit making games altogether. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being invested in a game series if it's important to someone.

There's nothing wrong with being invested with a series that someone likes. I'm not a Sonic fan, so I can't make any specific examples with this series, but if one of my favorite game series started to screw up constantly, I'd want the developers to learn from their mistakes and improve. For example, if Pokemon started to have a ton of games that were mediocre at best, of course I'd be vocal about it. It's because I'd want Game Freak to improve their work, not to get them to quit making games altogether. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being invested in a game series if it's important to someone.

you don't need to tell me, I'm invested in a lot of franchises. I'm on a KH fan site.

But there's a distinction to be made. When you start getting incoherent because something bad was made in the series you like, you're TOO invested. Be vocal, demand change, but don't become incoherent, or you might as well be shouting at a wall.

It's like, I'm heavily invested in the KH franchise, including the characters and story, however there are a lot of people who, for example, would get really offended over the fact that I think Xion is a hilarious joke, not a super emotional character. This is called being too invested. They've reached the point where the character and themselves have become intertwined, and they can't tell where one begins and another ends

If KH got bad games I'd be like

"That kinda sucks

hope they make better ones"

Kinda like my view on Sonic

bad Sonic games are a dime a dozen, but I'll just enjoy the good and hope for the best

I'm not so tied to the quality of a product that it pains me to see them go one way, or prides me they go another. It's something someone wants me to buy in the end.

Not that any of this was about viewing each game. I was just commenting on people jumping the gun with the "new Sonic cycle" thing

I used the whole new cycle thing as a joke in a post in the RANDOM SECTION!!

But you felt like started an argument for the sake of starting with little to no idea of what you're talking about

you don't need to tell me, I'm invested in a lot of franchises. I'm on a KH fan site.

But there's a distinction to be made. 

Says the guy who threw a temper tantrum in the Smash Bros thread

And how the firetruck I'm incoherent?Stop with the elitism talking of "grr I'm better than you and know better than you"

But you felt like started an argument for the sake of starting with little to no idea of what you're talking about

you're the one making an argument, absolutely nothing forced you to get upset over me saying Sonic isn't doing so bad

not even sure where you're getting the idea I don't know what I'm talking about

Says the guy who threw a temper tantrum in the Smash Bros thread

And how the firetruck I'm incoherent?Stop with the elitism talking of "grr I'm better than you and know better than you"

temper tantrum?

woah there

sounds like someone doesn't know me at all

you're the one making an argument, absolutely nothing forced you to get upset over me saying Sonic isn't doing so bad

not even sure where you're getting the idea I don't know what I'm talking about

temper tantrum?

woah there

sounds like someone doesn't know me at all

You're the one who pretends to know me yet know jackshit about who I'm or what I even like or dislike