Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Timothy Ling Jit Houng

Is Simple and Clean a suitable opening?

When I heard Sanctuary as the OP for KHII it looked a lot epic. Been waiting for it to be an OP again ever since.

Yeah, I think Sanctuary fits KH better. Simple and Clean has a cool music, but yeah, the lyrics are a bit... xD Also, it's very short.

Yeah, I think Sanctuary fits KH better. Simple and Clean has a cool music, but yeah, the lyrics are a bit... xD Also, it's very short.

They made it short. It's as long as Sanctuary, actually.

Not in my opinion: the song is about a girl asking her lover not to go, while he says meeting her father is too much. For the end, it semi worked, and the beat is awesome, but no, it's highly wrong, lyric wise, for KH. Passion (Sanctuary) is a TAD better for DAYS with the constant allusion to the clocktower being a "sanctuary" for them, but it's also about love.

Not bad songs, not in the slightest, just wrong lyrics for Disney/Fantasy based games. 

Edited by Jack Nightshade Frost

Passion is the best fit. It fits better than Sanctuary and Simple and Clean which has a different meaning than the Japanese versions

Passion

思い出せばはるかはるか (If I remember, far far back)

未来はどこまでも輝いてた (The future was shinGung beneath the pretty blue sky)

きれいな青空の下で

ぼくらは少しだけ怯えていた (We were just a little afraid)

This tells exactly how SRK felt on the island before they left and the raft. They were afraid of what was out there.

Passion was about Growing up. Sanctuary does not convey that.

Hikari and Simple and clean are great songs but they are not great openers. I do feel that they convey Kairi's feelings though.Passion was the best of the four.

Passion is the best fit. It fits better than Sanctuary and Simple and Clean which has a different meaning than the Japanese versionsPassion思い出せばはるかはるか (If I remember, far far back)未来はどこまでも輝いてた (The future was shinGung beneath the pretty blue sky)きれいな青空の下でぼくらは少しだけ怯えていた (We were just a little afraid)This tells exactly how SRK felt on the island before they left and the raft. They were afraid of what was out there.Passion was about Growing up. Sanctuary does not convey that.Hikari and Simple and clean are great songs but they are not great openers. I do feel that they convey Kairi's feelings though.Passion was the best of the four.

I also think so, but since they translate it anyway, meh. That's why I stick to japanese version.

If you compare them, Simple and Clean is not a direct translation of Hikari.

No matter what the timeWe'll always be togetherNo matter what the timeBecause you're by my sideThe light known as "you" finds me,In the middle of the night

These lyrics are a much better fit for KH, but like any song, both Hikari and Simple and Clean have various meanings depending on how you look at it.

Passion is the best fit. It fits better than Sanctuary and Simple and Clean which has a different meaning than the Japanese versionsPassion思い出せばはるかはるか (If I remember, far far back)未来はどこまでも輝いてた (The future was shinGung beneath the pretty blue sky)きれいな青空の下でぼくらは少しだけ怯えていた (We were just a little afraid)This tells exactly how SRK felt on the island before they left and the raft. They were afraid of what was out there. Passion was about Growing up. Sanctuary does not convey that.Hikari and Simple and clean are great songs but they are not great openers. I do feel that they convey Kairi's feelings though.Passion was the best of the four.

Ya'know I read in a interview that passion was written with sora and riku's reunion in mind.Anyway I always pleased with the songs. I think it's great.

I like Simple and Clean/Hikari, but I prefer Sanctuary/Passion, especially Passion in the regard that I think Utada's lyrics flow better, plus that nice little harmonizing she does during the breakdown near the end (during the part in the opening where Roxas is falling down into the Station of Awakening).

Is Simple and Clean a suitable opening? The rhythm is trilling! But the lyrics... It's about love... Doesn't really suit as an opening... As an ending it's not bad... Just my opinion... What do you think? Is it suitable?

Actually it does when you consider that throughout the who first game Sora is looking for his love interest. And in CoM, his memories of Kairi where replaced with memories of Namine, so all the love he felt toward Kairi was transferred to Namine until she told him the truth.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno