Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AndrewHankinson

What do you think is the best order to play Birth by Sleep?

What do you think is the best order to play Birth by Sleep?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best order to play Birth by Sleep?

• Ventus, Aqua then Terra.
    • Ventus, Terra then Aqua.
    • Terra, Aqua then Ventus.
    • Terra, Ventus then Aqua.
    • Aqua, Terra then Ventus.
    • Aqua, Ventus then Terra.

for me there's no a "best order" every one do what their likes! xP

but i'll say the order i like: acqua (maybe the more easy of the 3, the barrier help quite well too xD but i choose here, 'cause she's aqua :3 ) then ventus and terra, leaving the "dark story" for last (like in COM when you use sora and then riku :D )

Terra, Ventus, Aqua it helps people understand the story as a whole better and that's what Nomura said the order you should play it is so yeah, but what I'm gonna do is go back and forth between them all to keep the worlds story in order as well if that makes sense lol

Aqua first cuse she sees the outside and leaves a lot of questions, then Ventus you see more a bit on whats going on the inside and makes u wonder wht terra is up to. then Terra as u then see the full truth

Not going with Nomura on this. Ven, Terra, Aqua.

You definitely shouldn't play Aqua first, since most of her story, even her final battle, is just her reacting to Terra and Ven's stories. Besides, you'll be playing as her for the final/secret story so it's best you play as her once you're at least a bit familiar with the game.

I see the reasons behind putting Terra first a lot, but all three stories end with Xehanort going on about the X-blade as his ultimate goal, something Terra never hears about until the final world. It's less confusing to start with Ven and get all that out of the way. Plus it makes more sense when Terra returns to the Land of Departure.

Honestly, I'm going to play it as Ven, Aqua, Terra when I get the game, simply because I want to play Terra last and see how things appear. Chronology-wise, it'll make more sense to see the X-blade situation's results in Aqua's story before seeing Terra's final cutscene.

Not that it all matters at all, since you see all three and it all ties up no matter what order you play. But for the sake of it, I'm gonna add that the final boss battles of the three stories take place in order of Terra-Aqua > Terra-Ventus > Terra-Aqua > Ventus.

Aqua, Ventus, and Terra. If you play anyone else first, you're going to get spoiled for the other stories.

Though, technically, if you play as Aqua first you still do get spoiled somewhat, but you don't see any of the major events actually play out, so there's still some mystery to it there and an incentive to play the other games to understand what happened fully.

Also, if you play Terra last, it keeps you wondering just what he did do in the other worlds. It leaves you thinking the worst: that he succumbed to the Darkness and did some terrible things... Only for you to realize he really didn't do anything wrong and was actually coerced, tricked, and possessed by people into doing things.

So, yeah. If you want to keep some mystery to each story the first time you play through them, I definitely suggest Aqua, Ventus, then Terra: even though I know it's supposed to be Terra, Ventus, and then Aqua.

Terra and Ven are interchangeable, but Aqua needs to be last if you want to receive the full benefits of the story.  Aqua's story contains so much about all 3 of them that you are cheating yourself out of the other two if you don't play her last.

Very odd for me to say, because when all three characters were announced, I swore I would play as Aqua first (didn't see anything appealing about her), then Terra (parachute pants? sure why not) and then Ventus (cause Roxas look-alike yeah?).  I would have greatly screwed myself over by playing in that order.

I started out with Ven, but when I read the official order was Terra, Ven , Aqua, I put a pause on Ven and went to Terra. It may sound odd, but what I did was play through each character up until the point before their final battle in the Keyblade Graveyard. That way I had the final battles right after each other, which I felt best to do, as their final battles are simultaneous. So for me, I ended the game like this: Terra's final battle+ending; Ven's final battle+ending; Aqua's final battle+ending; and Final Episode.

Edited by kingdomhearts13