Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I wonder who are those two new characters, and what kind of role they will play in Kingdom Hearts III? Who is their master? Who are the "lost masters" (Other than Master Eraqus and Aqua)? Could their master be Riku?

I like Donald !!!

Edited by Timothy Ling Jit Houng

>The reason that enigmatic trailer was put out

—Let us bring up a slightly older topic. You used the opening section of KH3 in a recently released trailer for KH2.5, didn’t you. The conversation between those strangers was rather enigmatic.

Nomura: I had received so many responses after releasing that play video previously, and I could feel that people were eagerly anticipating KH3. I really wanted to put out some sort of message, even though I couldn’t show any content at that time. And, I wanted to show everyone that KH3 begins somewhere nobody is expecting, with speaking from new voice actors that haven’t appeared in the series before. I really enjoyed seeing everyone try to guess who those two are.

—We definitely were surprised. We hadn’t expected it to begin like that at all.

Nomura: I wanted to go with an introduction that wouldn’t make fans be like ‘yeah, we knew that’ upon seeing the opening section, and that would have both fans who knew the series and fans who didn’t be like ‘what’s this? What’s going to happen next?’ and start feeling anticipation. I do this every time, but I want to try and make things even for both fans and newcomers. By the way, the conversation between those two is actually a lot longer, it goes for over two minutes. When you hear their conversation, you’ll understand the flow of everything so far.

—The phrase ‘Lost Masters’ appeared in the conversation…

Nomura: That may not necessarily deserve capitalisation. It just means what it says, ‘Keyblade Masters who have been lost’ (laughs).

Read the interview at the second page of the latest news

—Let us bring up a slightly older topic. You used the opening section of KH3 in a recently released trailer for KH2.5, didn’t you. The conversation between those strangers was rather enigmatic.

Nomura: I had received so many responses after releasing that play video previously, and I could feel that people were eagerly anticipating KH3. I really wanted to put out some sort of message, even though I couldn’t show any content at that time. And, I wanted to show everyone that KH3 begins somewhere nobody is expecting, with speaking from new voice actors that haven’t appeared in the series before. I really enjoyed seeing everyone try to guess who those two are.

Nomura: I wanted to go with an introduction that wouldn’t make fans be like ‘yeah, we knew that’ upon seeing the opening section, and that would have both fans who knew the series and fans who didn’t be like ‘what’s this? What’s going to happen next?’ and start feeling anticipation. I do this every time, but I want to try and make things even for both fans and newcomers. By the way, the conversation between those two is actually a lot longer, it goes for over two minutes. When you hear their conversation, you’ll understand the flow of everything so far.

Nomura: That may not necessarily deserve capitalisation. It just means what it says, ‘Keyblade Masters who have been lost’ (laughs).

Those most likely aren't new characters. I think one of them is young Xeanhort 

Edited by soravids

Those most likely aren't new characters. I think one of them is young Xeanhort 

I doubt this. In the most recent interview (quoted a few posts before this), Nomura specifically cited them as being two completely new voice actors who haven't appeared in the series. This implies new characters, especially since Young Xehanort has already been voiced

Edited by Nathan Hatton

Uh... That was released way back at E3. It would have been helpful if you mentioned the specific trailer before asking...

Also, most of the fanbase agrees that they're probably Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus. They both look similar to those two, and knowing Xehanort's obsession with darkness and the Keyblade War, it makes sense that he would be the one talking about the war.

Uh... That was released way back at E3. It would have been helpful if you mentioned the specific trailer before asking...

Also, most of the fanbase agrees that they're probably Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus. They both look similar to those two, and knowing Xehanort's obsession with darkness and the Keyblade War, it makes sense that he would be the one talking about the war.

Yeah, it's interesting topic, but he's right. They're not new.