Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Will Sora and Kairi be a couple in KH3?

I doubt they'll make it official. SE hasn't made a couple canon in KH and don't consider any canon. They'll just put a reallly really sweet hint/teaser in the end probably

they pretty much are an unspoken "meant to be/soulmates" couple, so guaranteed yes

Possibly.

There will be a moment when they are moving closer together about to kiss, and then they shake hands instead.  Maybe in a future title their friendship will move up a level to fist bumping.

Hopefully not.

I've waited too long to see Sora and Kairi get together. If they don't, someone gon' git it...

Just let them kiss already ;~;

I sorta agree.

id prefer if romance between the non Disney characters wasn't there and wont ever happen. i like kh being about the bonds or friendship and stuff (and im sick of romance being shoved into stuff where its really not needed) but anyway no one really knows at this point. its likely and unlikely at the same time. 

I also sorta agree .

I wish! But since this is SE we're talking about, they'll just troll us like always.

Fair point.

Possibly yes, but hopefully not any kiss. It would be nice to see them hug and finally hold hands, though.

Why? Lol.

Probably by the end of it yeah, which I honestly think is well deserved.Kingdom Hearts is mainly about friendship, so I don't really see why people get so serious about pairing everyone up, when there really isn't THAT much chemistry between any of them.... except for Sora & Kairi.It's been implied heavily throughout the series that they are going to be together, and it would really be a disservice to the fans if they don't progress further by the end of KH3.

Again, I sorta agree.

Half of me wants them to be together and half of me wants them to just stay friends. Who knows, I think I'll be happy either way. 

Why? Lol.

Because, I think it's too early for a kiss. I hate it when shows/movies/games have it where their main characters (who are children, for all intents and purposes) end on a huge make-out scene. Avatar: The Last Airbender is the worst offender of this and it looked really out of place to everything else going on. 

My point is: Acknowledge the relationship first before getting into the mushy stuff.

I doubt they'll make it official. SE hasn't made a couple canon in KH and don't consider any canon. They'll just put a reallly really sweet hint/teaser in the end probably

Yeah but Sokai is the closest thing to canon romance wise outside of the disney plots. It's constantly hinted at throughout .You cannot deny that :P

Yeah but Sokai is the closest thing to canon romance wise outside of the disney plots. It's constantly hinted at throughout .You cannot deny that :P

aaaand the second closest thing to canon romance in terms of KH characters is Rokushi.silently laughs the rokushi fangirl laugh  

I acknowledge that Sokai is sooo close to actually being a thing in terms of canon but im just saying that i doubt they'll make it official in kh3. since they haven't gotten together by KH2, i dont think they'll make it solid in KH3. And they also have to get rid of the gayness between Riku and Sora. I believe that there is such thing as a bromance. It's just that SE it taking a little bit past the bromance line. Especially in DDD.

aaaand the second closest thing to canon romance in terms of KH characters is Rokushi.silently laughs the rokushi fangirl laugh  

I acknowledge that Sokai is sooo close to actually being a thing in terms of canon but im just saying that i doubt they'll make it official in kh3. since they haven't gotten together by KH2, i dont think they'll make it solid in KH3. And they also have to get rid of the gayness between Riku and Sora. I believe that there is such thing as a bromance. It's just that SE it taking a little bit past the bromance line. Especially in DDD.

It's still a strong possibility that they will though . As for Sora and Riku people see what they want to see in that .I just see a bromance :P

It's still a strong possibility that they will though . As for Sora and Riku people see what they want to see in that .I just see a bromance :P

True. Well, I'm not a yaoi shipper at all (if you know me well enough) and It's a bit iffy for me. I'd say that it crosses the line even more than AkuRoku.

This threads jokes made me hurl x D

So many topics about this already lol, but here's my input....

Maybe. Maybe not. I hope they get development. Nothing more than kissing though. That's what doujins and fanfics are for

Edited by KittensOnFire

This threads jokes made me hurl x D

So many topics about this already lol, but here's my input....

Maybe. Maybe not. I hope they get development. Nothing more than kissing though. That's what doujins and fanfics are for

It's half Disney. They wouldn't allow more than kissing. 

I'd love to see Sora and Kairi end up as a couple and end KHIII with a classic Disney kiss.

However, givewn Nomura's strange Japanese logic, and modern-day Disney's urge to promote Independent, strong women without a prince to fall in love with, Kairi is pretty much the Epitome of the damsel in distress, hence they are already starting to transform her form the sweet Girl she is into a warrior woman using a sword.

I bet my ass that Kairi will end up like Elsa and further promote Disney's feminine propagandas.

But I'd love a classic kiss.

I'd love to see Sora and Kairi end up as a couple and end KHIII with a classic Disney kiss.

However, givewn Nomura's strange Japanese logic, and modern-day Disney's urge to promote Independent, strong women without a prince to fall in love with, Kairi is pretty much the Epitome of the damsel in distress, hence they are already starting to transform her form the sweet Girl she is into a warrior woman using a sword.

I bet my ass that Kairi will end up like Elsa and further promote Disney's feminine propagandas.

But I'd love a classic kiss.

I'm sorry, but... what the actual?. What is wrong with you man.

You must be one of those guys that shout ''illuminati!!" when someone draws a picture of a triangle because you typed makes no sense at all

Kairi can be both a warrior and sweet, do you even girls. 

Disney Propaganda??

Japanese logic??? Racist undertone there much?

I'm sorry, but... what the actual?. What is wrong with you man.

You must be one of those guys that shout ''illuminati!!" when someone draws a picture of a triangle because you typed makes no sense at all

Kairi can be both a warrior and sweet, do you even girls. 

Disney Propaganda??

Japanese logic??? Racist undertone there much?

Posted Image

No, not racist at all. I apologize in ccase it came across that way.

But even Nomura said in his recent interview that there ARE cultural differences.

And I personally have trouble following some KH logics that are based on far-eastern cultural thinking.

Also I only hate how Disney does not value their roots and tries to forcefully move towards some new style and storytelling in "modern" fashion.

And they also try to tell us that what happened in their past was wrong. - Seriously, their past works might be awry concerning recent globalized world views, vbut there's seriously nothing wrong with them in their historical context!

And Disney fails acknowledging that and only judges their past works by 'can we make extra cash from that or not'?!

Yeah, and?

People just need to stop treating them like they're some cliche American high school couple because ohhoho things work way differently with these kinda characters kiddies

I really hope not. Now, before you grab your torches and pitchforks, hear me out.

There is nothing wrong with shipping Sora/Kairi. There is plenty of evidence to support it. However, I feel that making them a couple in KH3 will not only be a detriment to the story but to Kairi's character. The thing with Kairi is that she's already underdeveloped as it is. She lacks agency, and almost all of her scenes hinge upon Sora to a point where we haven't seen enough of her as an individual. We do have elements of this in KH1, such as her love of racing with the boys and collecting seashells, but that's about the extent of it. The rest of the time, Kairi's character is shown through forced shipteasing, typically through Sora's POV, or through interactions with Sora and, very sparingly, Riku.

And yes, the shipteasing is forced. A case of tell vs show. In KH1, it is shown that she cares about Sora, but the rest of it is... ridiculously blatant. In KH2, Donald teases Sora about Kairi twice. We have the dancing scene in Halloween Town. The really out of place moment with Roxas and Naminé in TWTNW. All of this just hammers it in, but the pairing isn't earned or developed. You could argue that KH3 could develop it, but frankly, I want to see Kairi develop beyond Sora, as an individual and interact with other characters. Can we please see her interact with Riku on his own? Have her interact with Lea, the Disney characters, and form her own bonds. Showcase her own personal growth and desires rather than religating her to the role of forced love interest.

KH is ultimately a series about friendship, and I don't think putting a pairing into the mix will help the story at all. A pair does not have to be 100% canon for you to enjoy it, but frankly, I think KH3 has more than enough to draw upon from a plot perspective. We don't need a romance angle to distract from the bigger conflict and character arcs.

EDIT:

hence they are already starting to transform her form the sweet Girl she is into a warrior woman using a sword.

Kairi may be sweet, but she's never been just a sweet, passive girl. In KH1, she's incredibly spunky. Even hits Sora on the head when she thinks he's being dumb. And in KH2? She jumps off a freaking balcony. The manga really shows that Kairi has the potential for being more than your token nice girl. I mean, she bites Axel's arm when he tries to kidnap her. Actually punches Demyx in the face. She's still as friendly as ever, but she's not just standing there and looking pretty.T

There's also this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Mega

Maybe they will be in the Kingdomr Hearts 3 manga I mean with the way it seems to be going on the Kingdom Hearts 2 manga it's even more heavy that they like each other lol but it's not gonna make or break the game for me if they do it don't become a couple I just want them to at least acknowledge the drawing in the secret place in KH3

They probably will just because Disney would be too afraid to show multiple forms of romance, in terms of genders involved. Let's sace it, Sora, Riku, and Kairi in  a poly relationship would fit them PERFECTLY. I'd be so for that becoming canon, I'd probably be cheering if it actually did happen.