Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Naruto or Naruto Shippuden  

41 members have voted

1. 1. which do you like more

• Naruto
    • Naruto Shippuden

This is shonen. The main character gets power ups to get stronger so he can fight stronger opponents. F**KING DEAL WITH IT.

I don't think "because it's the genre" is a good excuse for bad writing and overuse of power ups...

I don't think "because it's the genre" is a good excuse for bad writing and overuse of power ups...

Why is it bad that a character gets new powers to be stronger? It's how the FREAKING series works. Characters learn new powers and abilities as they progress in the series's timeframe and more and more powers on a larger scale are introduced to help build up the world that is created. The main character of course gets the good stuff (and most of it) because he/she's the FREAKING main character. And to note: every "power up" this main character gets is from hard work and training. He trained to recieve his new jutsus, he trained to recieve Sage Mode, he fought a GIANT ASS DEMON FOX to recieve KCM Mode / Bijuu Mode, and while I admit that his new form is out of the blue... he-he's dealing with one of the penultimate characters of the series going against the current most strongest antagonist that the series currently holds, DROP IT ALREADY. If Batman needs to get an heat suit to deal with Mr. Freeze at the last second, this is the same thing. SAME THING I SAY... ffffffffff**k this is long. X_X

shonen is by definition high paced action anime/manga. Not every shonen anime/manga has a new form all the time. Techniques maybe, but not a new form. 

Okay, really, this is getting annoying now. I swear, you two only ever come in this thread to whine about the series. If you don't like it, why the heck do you even read it?

Okay, really, this is getting annoying now. I swear, you two only ever come in this thread to whine about the series. If you don't like it, why the heck do you even read it?

Two posts making valid complaints about the series

Two posts making valid complaints about the series

Pretty sure I've seen both of you do this often in the past, as well. Seriously, if you don't like the series, just don't read it. No one's forcing you to.

Why is it bad that a character gets new powers to be stronger? It's how the FREAKING series works. Characters learn new powers and abilities as they progress in the series's timeframe and more and more powers on a larger scale are introduced to help build up the world that is created. The main character of course gets the good stuff (and most of it) because he/she's the FREAKING main character. And to note: every "power up" this main character gets is from hard work and training. He trained to recieve his new jutsus, he trained to recieve Sage Mode, he fought a GIANT ASS DEMON FOX to recieve KCM Mode / Bijuu Mode, and while I admit that his new form is out of the blue... he-he's dealing with one of the penultimate characters of the series going against the current most strongest antagonist that the series currently holds, DROP IT ALREADY. If Batman needs to get an heat suit to deal with Mr. Freeze at the last second, this is the same thing. SAME THING I SAY... ffffffffff**k this is long. X_X

"It's how the series works" doesn't excuse anything. He worked for Sage Mode and the first nine tails charkra mode, I'll give you that. 1-6 tails transformations he just got angry, what is he Gohan or something? 

He got the upgraded nine tails chakra mode by all the sudden having a heart to heart with kurama and becoming best friends. The newest one was obtained by almost dying and somehow talking to the sage of six paths. Not to mention he can somehow stop Guy from dying? Like why go against the rules of Eight Gates, let him go out with a bang. 

Pretty sure I've seen both of you do this often in the past, as well. Seriously, if you don't like the series, just don't read it. No one's forcing you to.

It's called criticizing, we brought up an issue with the series but it doesn't mean we hate it. Is criticism not allowed on a general discussion thread or something? and I've been reading the series for 5 years now, I'm gonna keep reading till it ends.

"It's how the series works" doesn't excuse anything. He worked for Sage Mode and the first nine tails charkra mode, I'll give you that. 1-6 tails transformations he just got angry, what is he Gohan or something? 

He got the upgraded nine tails chakra mode by all the sudden having a heart to heart with kurama and becoming best friends. The newest one was obtained by almost dying and somehow talking to the sage of six paths. Not to mention he can somehow stop Guy from dying? Like why go against the rules of Eight Gates, let him go out with a bang. 

It's called criticizing, we brought up an issue with the series but it doesn't mean we hate it. Is criticism not allowed on a general discussion thread or something? and I've been reading the series for 5 years now, I'm gonna keep reading till it ends.

I didn't say that criticism is bad, but it's annoying when all you do is come on and talk about what's done wrong with it.

In Naruto's case with the

10 tails chakra, Naruto already had gotten the other chakra of the most of the tailed beasts beforehand, which kinda hinted at him getting it. I will admit it, he didnt work for it, same goes for Sasuke, so it loses a bit of meaning of actually earning the transformations, but Naruto's been going for 15 years almost, cut the author a little slack. : He can't get everything right. 

I didn't say that criticism is bad, but it's annoying when all you do is come on and talk about what's done wrong with it.

I think this and disliking the fillers are the only negative things I've posted here. I don't post here often any more but when I did it was usually just hype for the new chapter. 

In Naruto's case with the

10 tails chakra, Naruto already had gotten the other chakra of the most of the tailed beasts beforehand, which kinda hinted at him getting it. I will admit it, he didnt work for it, same goes for Sasuke, so it loses a bit of meaning of actually earning the transformations, but Naruto's been going for 15 years almost, cut the author a little slack. : He can't get everything right. 

Yeah I guess you could see it coming, good point. Kishi's writing has just been a bit weird lately, still enjoy the new chapters though.

I think this and disliking the fillers are the only negative things I've posted here. I don't post here often any more but when I did it was usually just hype for the new chapter. 

Yeah I guess you could see it coming, good point. Kishi's writing has just been a bit weird lately, still enjoy the new chapters though.

Well the series is finally ending, he's pulling out all the stops and he wants to end it with a bang. DBZ was exactly the same way in the Buu saga.

I actually agree that Might Guy should've died. I mean, Neji died. So why not Guy? It just makes it seem like Kishimoto is too hesitant to kill off main characters. I mean yeah, Neji's more of a main character than some, but he hasn't done as much in the series as Guy has.

Edited by Queen Tery

I actually agree that Might Guy should've died. I mean, Neji died. So why not Guy? It just makes it seem like Kishimoto is too hesitant to kill off main characters. I mean yeah, Neji's more of a main character than some, but he hasn't done as much in the series as Guy has.

SPOILER. TAGS. TERRY. SPOILER TAGS. Arg, my pancreas. X__X

EDIT: Oh thank God, my pancreas feels better.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

New manga cover. Spoilers contained within relates to recent chapters.

Posted Image

Badass. Gai's 8th gate shown in beautiful colors with Lee, Might Dai in front, and Naruto in the background.

Also, on topic with anime, as I said, No episode next week officially. We will finish the fillers on May 8th, and on May 15th, we will return to canon at FULL BURST.

New manga cover. Spoilers contained within relates to recent chapters.

Posted Image
Badass. Gai's 8th gate shown in beautiful colors with Lee, Might Dai in front, and Naruto in the background.

Also, on topic with anime, as I said, No episode next week officially. We will finish the fillers on May 8th, and on May 15th, we will return to canon at FULL BURST.

Oh geez, the manga cover art ever since the war arc has been so freaking amazing. That one's keeping up with that trend. Now if only I had the money to buy the newest one...

its a reaction too so its not really a spoiler and that how it is on youtube.
Er... Reactions ARE spoilers.

Also, why not just post these in the Naruto discussion thread? ._. Edited by DragonMaster
please don't double post

its a live reaction he showing and reading it with you

The title spoils what happens. And either way, it's still a spoiler. Someone could stumble upon that and spoil themselves.

This is shonen. The main character gets power ups to get stronger so he can fight stronger opponents. F**KING DEAL WITH IT.

Allen Walker from D,Gray Man(a shonen anime btw) had to go through so much shit to obtain his power and reach the Marshal rank....he didn't get it all in one episode and BAM now REVIVAL TIME.....

Powers had to be obtained sparsly not all at once

Allen Walker from D,Gray Man(a shonen anime btw) had to go through so much shit to obtain his power and reach the Marshal rank....he didn't get it all in one episode and BAM now REVIVAL TIME.....

Powers had to be obtained sparsly not all at once

Well, D. Gray Man blows. Not really, I'm just being an ass.

Allow me to rephrase what I said, though: What I mean is, Naruto is a "classic" type of shonen, which means it follows the power up formula through in through, with main characters getting new powers over a set time, and especially over a long set of time (and considering Naruto has been going on for 15 years, that's a lot of stuff)

Also:

We don't know if Gai is really going to live. He may be on burrowed time as far as we know. And even if he does, he's going to be a cripple. His leg is disintegrated for crying out loud. Don't make assumptions.

So Spider, Xam, and myself all had a discussion about the most recent chapter on Skype... (I'm Trainer Gold, you can guess the rest.)

[12:41:33 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: I didn't expect Madara to even steal Kakashi's eye
[12:41:34 AM] Spider: So either way, if Obito dies, Sakura is screwed
[12:41:45 AM] Trainer Gold: Sakura's gonna get out of there.
[12:41:54 AM] Trainer Gold: And I think it's sad that Madara just casually tore his eye out
[12:41:58 AM] Spider: ^
[12:41:58 AM] Trainer Gold: Just a one panel thing
[12:42:05 AM] Spider: Madara, best Eye Surgeon ever
[12:42:08 AM] Trainer Gold: ^
[12:42:10 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: And I believe Madara has only half a body in Kamui right now
[12:42:19 AM] Spider: he'll rip it out so fast you wont know its gone til you start bleeding
[12:42:21 AM] Spider: (laughy face, had to remove for KH13. Just imagine Spider laughing)
[12:42:21 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: #MadaraForEyeSurgeon2014
[12:42:24 AM] Trainer Gold: Half?
[12:42:39 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: After I was revived, I realized my true calling was surgery!
[12:42:42 AM] Spider: ^
[12:42:49 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^'
[12:42:52 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: THIS
[12:42:52 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: I decided to stay in the Leaf and help all the nice Uchiha-
[12:42:57 AM] Trainer Gold: Random ninja: They're all dead sir
[12:42:59 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: Er...
[12:43:03 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: OMG I'm DYING!
[12:43:07 AM] Trainer Gold: (Laughy face)
[12:43:38 AM] Trainer Gold: Next chapter, Madara will call off the war and become a medical ninja
[12:43:39 AM] Trainer Gold: Calling it here
[12:43:45 AM] Spider: (Laughy face)
[12:43:49 AM] Spider: That'd be the best ending ever
[12:43:52 AM] Trainer Gold: (Laughy face)
[12:43:53 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Trying not to laugh to hard here!
[12:43:57 AM] Spider: Me too
[12:44:04 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Don't wanna wake my parents.
[12:44:24 AM] Spider: Kakashi: DOCTOR, I NEED MY EYE TAKEN OUT STAT. ITS INFECTED WITH PINK EYE, SEE? *shows off his Mang. Sharingan*
[12:44:26 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: I came to the Kamui world so I could bring you two out! Obito needs the surgery since he doesn't want his Rinnegan anymore, and I think Sakura would make a nice assistant!
[12:44:32 AM] Spider: Madara: SURE THING! *rips it out*
[12:44:35 AM] Trainer Gold: xD
[12:44:37 AM] Spider: Kakashi: AW firetruck THAT HURT!
[12:44:43 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: You're welcome!
[12:44:50 AM] Spider: Madara: Thats why im the best Eye surgeon IN THE WORLD!
[12:44:51 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
[12:44:59 AM] Trainer Gold: I'm just imagining him acting like the stereotypical nurse as he does this all
[12:45:03 AM] Spider: ^
[12:45:09 AM] Trainer Gold: With the uniform too xD
[12:45:11 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: ROFLMFAO!
[12:45:33 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: We help the Hyuga out now, too!
[12:45:40 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: OH SHIT
[12:45:53 AM] Spider: Neji: Take out my Byakugan........Before i die...............
[12:45:56 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: Sharingan? Byakugan? Rinnegan? I'll fix it!
[12:45:58 AM] Spider: Madara: SURE THING!
[12:45:59 AM] Trainer Gold: xD
[12:46:05 AM] Spider: Neji: AW firetruck IM BLIND
[12:46:07 AM] Spider: *dies*
[12:46:08 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Juubi eye>
[12:46:12 AM] Trainer Gold: xD YES
[12:46:14 AM] Spider: xD
[12:46:16 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Juubi eye too?
[12:46:31 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: I'm saving money so I can try to take Hashirama to that nice resort in the Stone Village
[12:46:42 AM] Spider: xD
[12:46:46 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: I"M FREAKING DYING HERE!!!
[12:46:51 AM] Trainer Gold: I think we all are xD
[12:47:01 AM] Spider: ^

So Spider, Xam, and myself all had a discussion about the most recent chapter on Skype... (I'm Trainer Gold, you can guess the rest.)

[12:41:33 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: I didn't expect Madara to even steal Kakashi's eye

[12:41:34 AM] Spider: So either way, if Obito dies, Sakura is screwed

[12:41:45 AM] Trainer Gold: Sakura's gonna get out of there.

[12:41:54 AM] Trainer Gold: And I think it's sad that Madara just casually tore his eye out

[12:41:58 AM] Spider: ^

[12:41:58 AM] Trainer Gold: Just a one panel thing

[12:42:05 AM] Spider: Madara, best Eye Surgeon ever

[12:42:08 AM] Trainer Gold: ^

[12:42:10 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: And I believe Madara has only half a body in Kamui right now

[12:42:19 AM] Spider: he'll rip it out so fast you wont know its gone til you start bleeding

[12:42:21 AM] Spider: (laughy face, had to remove for KH13. Just imagine Spider laughing)

[12:42:21 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: #MadaraForEyeSurgeon2014

[12:42:24 AM] Trainer Gold: Half?

[12:42:39 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: After I was revived, I realized my true calling was surgery!

[12:42:42 AM] Spider: ^

[12:42:49 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^'

[12:42:52 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: THIS

[12:42:52 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: I decided to stay in the Leaf and help all the nice Uchiha-

[12:42:57 AM] Trainer Gold: Random ninja: They're all dead sir

[12:42:59 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: Er...

[12:43:03 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: OMG I'm DYING!

[12:43:07 AM] Trainer Gold: (Laughy face)

[12:43:38 AM] Trainer Gold: Next chapter, Madara will call off the war and become a medical ninja

[12:43:39 AM] Trainer Gold: Calling it here

[12:43:45 AM] Spider: (Laughy face)

[12:43:49 AM] Spider: That'd be the best ending ever

[12:43:52 AM] Trainer Gold: (Laughy face)

[12:43:53 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Trying not to laugh to hard here!

[12:43:57 AM] Spider: Me too

[12:44:04 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Don't wanna wake my parents.

[12:44:24 AM] Spider: Kakashi: DOCTOR, I NEED MY EYE TAKEN OUT STAT. ITS INFECTED WITH PINK EYE, SEE? *shows off his Mang. Sharingan*

[12:44:26 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: I came to the Kamui world so I could bring you two out! Obito needs the surgery since he doesn't want his Rinnegan anymore, and I think Sakura would make a nice assistant!

[12:44:32 AM] Spider: Madara: SURE THING! *rips it out*

[12:44:35 AM] Trainer Gold: xD

[12:44:37 AM] Spider: Kakashi: AW firetruck THAT HURT!

[12:44:43 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: You're welcome!

[12:44:50 AM] Spider: Madara: Thats why im the best Eye surgeon IN THE WORLD!

[12:44:51 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

[12:44:59 AM] Trainer Gold: I'm just imagining him acting like the stereotypical nurse as he does this all

[12:45:03 AM] Spider: ^

[12:45:09 AM] Trainer Gold: With the uniform too xD

[12:45:11 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: ROFLMFAO!

[12:45:33 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: We help the Hyuga out now, too!

[12:45:40 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: OH SHIT

[12:45:53 AM] Spider: Neji: Take out my Byakugan........Before i die...............

[12:45:56 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: Sharingan? Byakugan? Rinnegan? I'll fix it!

[12:45:58 AM] Spider: Madara: SURE THING!

[12:45:59 AM] Trainer Gold: xD

[12:46:05 AM] Spider: Neji: AW firetruck IM BLIND

[12:46:07 AM] Spider: *dies*

[12:46:08 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Juubi eye>

[12:46:12 AM] Trainer Gold: xD YES

[12:46:14 AM] Spider: xD

[12:46:16 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: Juubi eye too?

[12:46:31 AM] Trainer Gold: Madara: I'm saving money so I can try to take Hashirama to that nice resort in the Stone Village

[12:46:42 AM] Spider: xD

[12:46:46 AM] Xamtweth ReMIXed: I"M FREAKING DYING HERE!!!

[12:46:51 AM] Trainer Gold: I think we all are xD

[12:47:01 AM] Spider: ^

best skype session ever. Still, spoilers. Give this a read if you wish to be spoiled.

Speaking of spoilers

Naruto is not gonna have another chapter this week. But we have a colored version of Chapter 674 to get you through the week.

http://colorkage.com/read/#Naruto/674/1

In this chapter, we will learn how simple it is to become an Eye Surgeon and how we can be an eye surgeon like Madara

Edited by DragonMaster

Just kinda throwing this out there since I saw it mentioned, but the idea of Kabuto having potentially resurrected Jiraiya back at the start of the war always really scares me. Not because it'd be a stupid idea and a waste of his death scene (although it is), but... We'd probably have a Naruto vs Jiraiya battle. I really don't want to have to deal with that kind of emotion. ;_;

A very slim chance of having a new chapter this week, main reason is because Kishi isn't gonna have 2 days to whip a new chapter up. So Expect a new chapter next week.

Chances of a new anime episode this week on Thursday is pretty good. For those of you who forgot what episode we are on, Well... The final episode of the Kakashi Arc, which is Kakashi's perspective during Team 7's Bell Test in new animation and HD.

WTF!? Two huge things happened today!

1. NEW POKEMON GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS (Fangasms)

2. HOLY SH!T! NEW NARUTO CHAPTER!

Better read it now guys!

http://readms.com/r/naruto/675/2361/1

I FRICKING CALLED IT BACK A YEAR AGO OR SOME SORT. MADARA WAS INVOLVED WITH RIN'S DEATH!

NARUTO ALSO OPENED UP HIS OWN EYE SURGEON SHOP! GIVES NEW EYES TO ANYONE FREE OF CHARGE, WITH NO PAIN AT ALL!

DAMN YOU KAKASHI FOR PREVENTING SASUKE FROM GIVING HIS ANSWER!

Team 7 is finally reunited, Sakura is safe since Obito used his power to send Sakura back to the real world. Sakura informs team 7 that Obito is at his limit and cannot do anything, Madara will take the rinnegan.

In Kamui world, we learned many truths (Including my prediction i made a year ago). It was revealed that Madara placed a Puppet Master Seal on both Obito and Rin when she was captured. She was a puppet and a catalyst to make Obito fall into Darkness to become Madara's pawn. He wanted the shinobi to kill Rin, but Rin died in the hands of Kakashi, removing the seal, while Obito removed his seal through Kakashi's hands to use the Juubi. Madara took advantage of Obito's kindness and light to allow Madara's plans to succeed. Now what is left is to obtain Madara's left Rinnegan Eye.

Back in the real world, Naruto sealed Madara's Shadow, and went over to Team 7 and healed Kakashi's eye, replacing his eye with a new regular eyeball. Naruto tries to explain how he was able to do that, but ends up in a bickering match with Sakura and Sasuke, making Kakashi feel nostalgic from the Genin days. He speaks in his thoughts, remembers the goals of his students.

Naruto surpasses Hokage level and went far and beyond those levels.

Sakura still has feeling for Sasuke, but rather feelings of a crush, she feels that she is there to save Sasuke from the Darkness.

Sasuke.... Even after killing Itachi, Kakashi still has no idea what Sasuke wants (however we do know Sasuke wants to change the Leaf Village system by becoming hokage.

Kakashi pops the question, but knows Sasuke doesn't have anything to say, and states that it seems like destiny for Team 7 to be together again.

Madara is now showing up. Kakashi asks if Team 7 still remembers the Bell Mission. Of course the answer is obvious. TEAMWORK!

Freaking cool chapter, my prediction came true, although it was a year late. What do you think will happen to Obito? He may be left dying in Kamui world, and Madara will have two Rinnegans, however, he may discard the Kamui sharingan, and Obito may take it and unlock some sort of power? Who knows? We will find out next week in the Ultimate Showdown! TEAM SEVEN VS. MADARA UCHIHA!

Hashtag time!

#Naruto'sAnEyeSurgeon #SakuraIsSafe! #SakuraBackInRealWorld #ObitoAndRinArePuppetsOfMadaraUchiha #MadaraRevealsHisInvolvmentWithRin #MadaraToHaveFullPower #TeamSevenReunitedAgain! #KakashiHasRegularEyesNow #Kakashi'sNostalgic #Sasuke'sGoal? #MadaraReturnsToRealWorld #ULTIMATESHOWDOWN! #TEAMSEVENVSMADARAUCHIHA

Edited by Xamtweth-ReMIXed