Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - Discussion Topic

16 members have voted

1. 1. If you could add one thing to X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 what would it be?

• "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard" difficulty modes to all 3 games.
    • Japanese voice option for all titles included.
    • Option to skip cutscenes in FFX.
    • Cross-save with PS3 and PS Vita.
    • Cross-platform trophy list for PS3 & PS Vita to extend to PS4.
    • Include *that* novella as a pre-order bonus.
    • Final Fantasy X-3 teaser.
    • Something else. Try to be reasonable though.

For the Japanese release of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Yoshinori Kitase the producer of the Final Fantasy X series provided a message. catmaster0116 has kindly translated it for me and you can read it below.

Yoshinori Kitase, (FFX Producer, FFX-2 Producer)

[was a line here talking about X-2 being the first sequel in the series but cat was unable translate it properly]

Speaking of the number naming 'X-2', at the time it was indeed a strange way to name it; that in fact the title was rejected during a board/conference/directors meeting at the time. We tried to think of other ways but due to the importance of the impact it would bring, "X-2" eventually was accepted. By the way, at the time things fell into place with a 'pop' as ideas for another title came up; of which we hope you can enjoy reading about later in this article!

Out of all the FFs, FFX is said to have the most moving plotline
And FFX-2 is said to have incorporated the ultimate version of the ATB system
In either case, both titles have been paramount in bringing to you another chapter in the Final Fantasy series
despite being a revived title from ten years ago, Its still a thoroughly interesting title which makes its own assertions. I do hope that you stay tuned!

For the Japanese release of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Motomu Toriyama the director of the Final Fantasy X series provided a message. catmaster0116 has kindly translated it for me and you can read it below. Keep in mind this is a very rough translation.

Motomu Toriyama, (FFX Director (Event)) (FFX-2 Director)

As I recall, FFX and FFX-2 together were works in which were really packed. And now for a HD remaster version to be released that is based on the International Version to be released makes me as a developer quite overjoyed.
The current FF series on the HD machine was developed at the same time as the overseas release version, and so it includes aspects of the 'International Version' which was previously unavailable (outside of Japan).  Some will say that works like that are classified as a "Rare Item/Collectors item".

Especially around the time of FFX-2, (a sentence about how the International version was made during japan's Bubble economy)...And every component that was wonderful was added; Things like the original version of the 'bob world view', the creature creator which was lush in variety,  and even the independent story presented in the 'LAST MISSION'. What was included was an episode after FFX-2. Though it was a short episode, it was a new journey that elaborated upon the friendship and farewell between Yuna, Rikku and Paine, what could it be that brings about the bittersweetness of their earlier days. At the time it was a little embarassing as I thought to myself over and over again "It really has been ten years since then, they've (Yuna and gang) really matured since their early days haven't they". At the time of "FFX"'s ending, we wondered if the scale of the episode was yet too small, If you have a chat with Nojima-san who was in charge of the scenario you'll find we had much to reminisce on, but when I think of it now, isn't the way it ended nice with a personal episode from Yuna? We were going to an ending that would leave with a "friends in my heart" kind of feel.

And like that, the FFX series is the first to have characters that would remain memorable in our hearts,  In order to create characters who refused to give in like Yuna and Tidus, It has truly become a task of overcoming ourselves as a rival. So keeping that in mind, even if you have not yet played the FFX-2 International version, I hope you will be able to experience it in the HD version. Although you may see that you/it has matured, you will find that is a new you/it. (this last sentence, I wasn't sure if he was referring to the gamers who experienced the original game...or if he was referring to the game itself).

Was it ever confirmed that X-3 is coming? 

He is talking about ideas for another title and says to stay tuned.

Nope. Pretty sure he's talking about X/X-2 HD. This message is two years old.

USD my friend.

Aww dang it! Wish it was in AUD lol.

I may have read wrong but the AUD Is predicted to fall in value against the USD during 2016 throughout to 2017...just means things will get more and more expensive for us...And importing it won't help either because the govt is going to introduce a tax for online purchases.

Aww dang it! Wish it was in AUD lol.

I may have read wrong but the AUD Is predicted to fall in value against the USD during 2016 throughout to 2017...just means things will get more and more expensive for us...And importing it won't help either because the govt is going to introduce a tax for online purchases.

Yeah, it's easy to forget it was $1.10 at one point. Haha.

Yeah, it's easy to forget it was $1.10 at one point. Haha.

Yup, those were the glorious days!!

Now its like 0.70 and its predicted to fall as low as 0.55...

Goes to show we have a bunch of monkeys in charge of finance haha

Edited by catmaster0116

Yup, those were the glorious days!!

Now its like 0.70 and its predicted to fall as low as 0.55...

Goes to show we have a bunch of monkeys in charge of finance haha

Haha, to be fair we recently changed Finance Minister.

Haha, to be fair we recently changed Finance Minister.

You are right!

Lets hope we can revive our poor dollar

btw, I'm sorry it turned out to be a talk about the Australian economy lol

Returning back to topic, I already bough the PS3 version of the FFX/X-2 HD games despite not having a PS3.

Is there a difference between the PS4 and PS3 version?

You are right!

Lets hope we can revive our poor dollar

btw, I'm sorry it turned out to be a talk about the Australian economy lol

Returning back to topic, I already bough the PS3 version of the FFX/X-2 HD games despite not having a PS3.

Is there a difference between the PS4 and PS3 version?

Yes, you get further enhanced graphics and the option to use the original soundtrack as well as the usual PS4 features.

Just ordered my copy.  I own both of the original games and the PS3 remaster, although I hear the PS4 version has some great additions (not to mention the original music tracks) so I think this is well worth another $20.

Just ordered my copy.  I own both of the original games and the PS3 remaster, although I hear the PS4 version has some great additions (not to mention the original music tracks) so I think this is well worth another $20.

It looks and sounds soooo good!