Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - Discussion Topic

16 members have voted

1. 1. If you could add one thing to X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 what would it be?

• "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard" difficulty modes to all 3 games.
    • Japanese voice option for all titles included.
    • Option to skip cutscenes in FFX.
    • Cross-save with PS3 and PS Vita.
    • Cross-platform trophy list for PS3 & PS Vita to extend to PS4.
    • Include *that* novella as a pre-order bonus.
    • Final Fantasy X-3 teaser.
    • Something else. Try to be reasonable though.

They'll save that for E3 since that's when Toriyama's game is most likely getting announced.

man I do hope it is FFX-3 I mean it would fit In with the PS4 version coming out!

Most people loved X.You should be a big Toriyama fan then.

who says I'm not already? Lol Edited by GotChocolateMilk

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster can now be pre-ordered via the PlayStation Store in North America here.

Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
- FINAL FANTASY X BLITZBALL THEME

Pre-order FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster to receive an exclusive Blitzball Dynamic Theme for your PlayStation®4. Featuring the action and music of Spira’s reigning underwater sport, cute Moogle icons, and a scoreboard keeping track of the goals, your PS4 will be transformed!

Two of the greatest RPGs of their generation come to PlayStation®4 system in beautifully remastered graphics and sound.

FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2, first released on the PlayStation®2 system, are widely acclaimed for their moving stories, endearing characters, and memorable adventures. FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster presents both of these timeless classics in perfect form for PS4™ system.

• Share the Journey - Cross-save compatible with the PlayStation®3 system and 'PS Vita' system versions. (PS3™ system and 'PS Vita' system versions sold separately.)
  • Remastered & Original Audio - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the remastered soundtrack or switch back to the original classic tracks.
  • 30 Minute Audio Drama –Listen to the events that occur after FINAL FANTASY X-2 from the title screen at any time.
  • Gorgeous High-Definition Graphics – Additional NPCs and monsters join the carefully retouched cast of main characters. 

Guess you'll miss out on the amazing case.

Guess so, but there really isn't a lot of incentive for me. I'd be buying the EXACT same game I already bought twice. I will buy it again, but SE is pushing it with the nearly full retail price tag. I'll buy it later. They'll probably have LE on SE store months after release like with 2.5

I asked Square Enix Europe if dual-audio, difficulty options or skipping cutscenes would be included in Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on PlayStation 4. Unfortunately, this won't be the case.

We would like to confirm that the game does not have support for dual-audio.
There is no specific option for you to change difficulty however in FFX you can choose a harder mode for the sphere grid type.

Unfortunately it is not possible to skip cutscenes nor cinematics, however in Last Mission and FFX-2 you should be able to skip.

I further asked to confirm if this was the case for the PlayStation 4 version. This was their response.

Yes, this is how it will be on the PlayStation 4. It will mostly the same as the PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita version except that in FFX you can chose to have the PlayStation music or the rearranged one. This option is not available in FFX-2.

Finally I asked why there isn't the option to skip cutscenes in FFX. This was their response.

Unfortunately we cannot confirm the reason why there is no option to skip the cutscenes.

We have however relayed your feedback to our development team in order to take it into account during the creation of new Square Enix games.

My best guess is some sort of technical reason.

Dual-audio and difficulty options were discussed back at E3 2013 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions. It's likely still these reasons why they were not included in the PS4 version.

i dont see why they cant include skipping cut scenes. i mean yeah i dont noramlly skip them but if i keep dieing on a boss i dont wanna watch the same thing over and over and over again 

So that battle with Lunalesca... and the battle against Jeht. The two hardest bosses in that game... and you can't skip the 5 minute cutscene... great.... 

i dont see why they cant include skipping cut scenes. i mean yeah i dont noramlly skip them but if i keep dieing on a boss i dont wanna watch the same thing over and over and over again 

FFX is programmed to load assets during a cutscene.