Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
DaxovanHearts

Do I draw like Tetsuya Nomura?

Well, he's been drawing for more than ten years, and probably has good understanding of the anime style, so you won't be able to draw exactly like him. But I think your work is good. You should also try developing your own style as well so that you won't be stuck to his sort of style should you want to draw in a different way. Learning to draw in one way is good, but you can get stuck to that one way if you don't practice other styles as well. Which is hard to get out of later.

For a fanmade peice, I'd say your work is the second closest to Nomura's I've seen. Which isn't bad.

Edited by KittensOnFire

Not exactly like Nomura's style. I can see how you did try however,how you did the eye and thick lines in certain areas. However it is not perfectly similar to Nomura's style. (you should take this to develop your own art style though! :3)

I can definitely tell that you're reaching for Nomura's style, but something seems off. The mouth looks a bit too cartoony, and the shading is just slightly off... but the trace is there, and you're doing good. Just be a bit more careful with proportions. I also suggest you draw the other eye, even if the hair is covering it. It just looks off without it. (no need to color it over the hair, but showing the lineament is important.

I saw a video guide on tumblr once fro someone copying his style... if I find it I'll post it here. Good luck!