Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MasterWorlock

Why are people afraid of change in Kingdom Hearts games ?

It's not so much change in and of itself, so much as it is how those changes tend to retcon pre-established elements (Nobodies growing hearts and all the stuff about the keyblade, for example).  All the changes make it difficult to keep track of anything--be honest, how much of KH did you fully grasp without the help of a wiki or other fans?--and a lot of people also view them as arbitrary.  I personally don't mind them, but I can understand why it'd irritate a lot of others.

That isn't true...we just don't want anything crapping up a good franchise like they did with Final Fantasy 13. Remember how INNOVATIVE that was? OOOOH I'M GOING DOWN ANOTHER HALLWAY! >.<

I think the franchise and fan base you're thinking of is "Call of Duty"Honest mistake

BOOM! OP's dilemma solved, we can now all fly off into the sunset proud to have.....solved another problem or whatever!

Everyone isn't against new stuff.  Sure there's people who want the same mechanics from KH2 in KH3, same old worlds, etc but most are looking forward to new mechanics and environments.  They say that the phrase "...but we always did it this way" is the most dangerous in the human language.  Change is good.  Especially when loose change adds up to a tenner.

Because some of the stuff is senseless and is a bunch retconns. 

I feel something shouldn't happen just because it is exists. (side eying pixarmarvelstarwarsinKH)

Because some of the stuff is senseless and is a bunch retconns. 

I feel something shouldn't happen just because it is exists. (side eying pixarmarvelstarwarsinKH)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

DDD was just so bad

Beats me, I'm very trustful Nomura will make yet another masterpiece. I mean, people was "worried" when it was speculated that the Disney Rides would have been the Summons, but then we got Nomura's confirmation they they won't steal place to anything, being the evolution of the Flowmotion from Kingdom Hearts 3D. We just have to trust them and leave them work in peace xD

I dont understand why people are so against anything new in this franchise, anytime there is a chance for innovation or expansion it gets shot down before it gets a chance to blossom why ? 

They're stupid. They don't understand that a game series without any change would be awful. (*cough* Call of Duty *cough* Fifa *cough*.)

Sorry for not being clear about "change", I mean to things that are superficial but were limited to what they could do with the system they were on. Like how big an area in a world is or how there are not alot of npcs to talk to in the worlds, characters evolving and changing, or just the progression that would have happened had the game continued into the previous gen and been given the same features we are used to now. But people cant imagine how much more they can do with KH3 because the technology gap is to wide to guess what there could be. It would be the same as comparing FFX to FFXV in terms of how much bigger than KH2, KH3 will be.

I for one am more than okay with change.  As long as the changes don't damage the reputation that the series has attained, I'm open to accept changes in the series. There have been many different styles of combat in the past years, and I haven't had a problem with that, Re:Com being a fine example.  I for one love the card battle system, I thought it to be unique.  You see, the changes in gameplay give each Kingdom Hearts game it's own identity.  BBS had reaction commands, the original KH laid the foundation for the series, Days had panels instead of a traditional leveling up system, KH2 had the Drive Forms and Reaction Commands, Re:Coded had the glitch deleting segments, and KH3D had Flowmotion, including raising Dream Eaters.  I find that each entry experiments and expands on the already amazing combat!  And as for changes in music, story direction, and general management,  I think the series has done quite well so far.  So whatever changes come next, I'll be glad to receive them, as long as they don't tarnish what makes Kingdom Hearts special, ya know?  :)

I for one am more than okay with change.  As long as the changes don't damage the reputation that the series has attained, I'm open to accept changes in the series. There have been many different styles of combat in the past years, and I haven't had a problem with that, Re:Com being a fine example.  I for one love the card battle system, I thought it to be unique.  You see, the changes in gameplay give each Kingdom Hearts game it's own identity.  BBS had reaction commands, the original KH laid the foundation for the series, Days had panels instead of a traditional leveling up system, KH2 had the Drive Forms and Reaction Commands, Re:Coded had the glitch deleting segments, and KH3D had Flowmotion, including raising Dream Eaters.  I find that each entry experiments and expands on the already amazing combat!  And as for changes in music, story direction, and general management,  I think the series has done quite well so far.  So whatever changes come next, I'll be glad to receive them, as long as they don't tarnish what makes Kingdom Hearts special, ya know?   :)

Kingdom Hearts III will change in a great way! Nomura will make an awesome job as always xD He never tarnished what makes Kingdom Hearts special, he rather improved his masterpieces experience after experience! xD

Kingdom Hearts III will change in a great way! Nomura will make an awesome job as always xD He never tarnished what makes Kingdom Hearts special, he rather improved his masterpieces experience after experience! xD

Exactly.  People should appreciate all the work he and his team go through making the games.  I know Kingdom Hearts III will be the culmination of his work, the masterpiece of the Xehanort Saga, and it will make naysayers believe!  And as for us, the dedicated fans, we'll have nerdgasms. Lol. xD

Exactly.  People should appreciate all the work he and his team go through making the games.  I know Kingdom Hearts III will be the culmination of his work, the masterpiece of the Xehanort Saga, and it will make naysayers believe!  And as for us, the dedicated fans, we'll have nerdgasms. Lol. xD

Kingdom Hearts III is still not out yet and I'm already excited for what's beyond! That's Nomura's magic, how cannot trust someone like him? Impossible xD