Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DaxovanHearts

Hans as a Boss in Kingdom Hearts III

Not my best concept work. I've just done a few too many within the past couple days and I'm getting tired. But this gets the point across.

I see Hans as the boss in the Frozen world. The showdown takes place on the frozen lake, and Hans summons an Ice, horse heartless that he rides around on. Elsa is in your party during this battle, and you almost must protect the ice statue of Anna from becoming shattered. If Anna's statue bar goes below Zero, you will lose the battle.

Elsa gives you a reaction command, where if successful, she will cast a pillar of ice in front of the horse that will stop it long enough for you to attack Hans.

He would ride around the screen on his steed, and shout "You can't take this Kingdom from me!"

A few other battle cries would be: 

"Hah, gotcha!" (When he hits you)

"Nice try!" (When he has parried an attack)

"I... was supposed to be king...!" (When you finish him)

Right before his special attack, he would shout "Giddy up!" and sprint across the screen as the horse tries to bash into you. You have to time triangle to block the attacks. 

BATTLE SONG: The Encounter (listen below)

HEALTH BARS: 4. 

REWARDS:

Frozen Tundra Keyblade, Blizzard Ring, 450 EXP.

post-40035-0-43606600-1406433174_thumb.jpg

post-40035-0-03310200-1406433217_thumb.png

post-40035-0-66832000-1406433834_thumb.jpg

Why do people want frozen in Kingdom Hearts III anyways? Frozen wasn't even that good of a movie. Pointless, To be honest...

To be honest, I didn't think it was as great as a film either. However, I love the idea for kingdom hearts mostly due to the music, heartless design possibilities, and epic storyline. Plus, kingdom hearts hasn't had an ice world -- the land of dragons doesn't count. I specifically mean where it's ALL frozen tundra. Edited by DaxovanHearts

Why do people want frozen in Kingdom Hearts III anyways? Frozen wasn't even that good of a movie. Pointless, To be honest...

We haven't had a world with an arctic or "icy" setting yet (apart from Christmas Town and some parts of Land of Dragons) so I think aesthetically it would be an interesting world. There are interesting potential bosses, like Marshmallow:

Posted Image

And the subplot of Frozen is about hearts (Anna having her heart frozen by Elsa ties in well with Kingdom Heart's plot). The themes of Frozen such as being yourself, friendship, etc, tie in well with Kingdom Hearts as well.

Edited by atheist123

it's not about the movie but what worlds can fit in with KH3 I see Frozen as a musical world like how Atlantica was in KH2

it's not about the movie but what worlds can fit in with KH3 I see Frozen as a musical world like how Atlantica was in KH2

atlantica > frozen. lelelelel lol jk. But i guess it could fit. *shrugs*

and maybe it depends on popular demand, have to remember this is a company that wants our money.

Exactly. Personally, I can't stand the people who whine about Frozen in Kingdom Hearts for the fact that its in high demand. Like, it's going to be the ONLY world in KH3? Let us have our fandom. There's probably going to be at LEAST 12 disney worlds in KH3, not to mention possible DLC worlds.

To be honest, I didn't think it was as great as a film either. However, I love the idea for kingdom hearts mostly due to the music, heartless design possibilities, and epic storyline. Plus, kingdom hearts hasn't had an ice world -- the land of dragons doesn't count. I specifically mean where it's ALL frozen tundra.

Don't forget about Christmas Town in Kingdom Hearts 2 and Fantasia world in Dream Drop Distance. Those worlds had snow and little ice. Edited by Movies798

Exactly. Personally, I can't stand the people who whine about Frozen in Kingdom Hearts for the fact that its in high demand. Like, it's going to be the ONLY world in KH3? Let us have our fandom. There's probably going to be at LEAST 12 disney worlds in KH3, not to mention possible DLC worlds.

I really hope they don't recycle Agrahbah, I'm praying for all new worlds!

I think it would work best if he was the party member throughout the world and at the end he betrays you and becomes the boss. I think that would work well with how the movie went.

That's one of the best ideas I have heard. Elsa being a party member might work but it would alter the world's story too much (since Elsa is meant to be perceived as antagonistic for everyone except Anna). Maybe for the boss fight against Hans she could fight with Sora, Donald, and Goofy like Hercules did against Pete/Hades in KH2 (not as a party member).

That's one of the best ideas I have heard. Elsa being a party member might work but it would alter the world's story too much (since Elsa is meant to be perceived as antagonistic for everyone except Anna). Maybe for the boss fight against Hans she could fight with Sora, Donald, and Goofy like Hercules did against Pete/Hades in KH2 (not as a party member).

Yeah, that might work well. Elsa fighting with you and becoming the permanent party member after that would work better I think since Hans would be gone after that. But yeah, she could fight with you against Hans after Anna sacrifices herself to shield Elsa from him. I don't get people who want Anna to be a party member, the most she does in the movie is throwing a snowball.

Yeah, that might work well. Elsa fighting with you and becoming the permanent party member after that would work better I think since Hans would be gone after that. But yeah, she could fight with you against Hans after Anna sacrifices herself to shield Elsa from him. I don't get people who want Anna to be a party member, the most she does in the movie is throwing a snowball.

Yeah, if Kingdom Hearts 3 does the whole KH2 "two visits per world" business then Elsa could work as a party member.

I think they will change how parties work in KH3 so that the amount of active friendly AIs increases. So in the Frozen world, if you go with Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf to visit the trolls about Anna's frozen heart, all of these people will be on screen but act differently when Heartless appear. Kristoff will actively try and fight them/protect Anna, Anna will hide, and Olaf will get attacked and get his body knocked apart. That's one of the strangest things about past games, NPCs just appearing out of nowhere during cutscenes then disappearing again. Hopefully KH3 fixes that.

But Hans is in Arrendale, if I remember correctly. 

I think that Anna would be the party member. She's searching for her sister, and joins Sora, Donald and Goofy to look for her. Her weapon could be throwing snowballs.

At the end of the world, she's frozen, and you have to fight Hans. Elsa says "I'll fight too!" and so she joins your party for that battle. 

The second visit, she could be the permanent party member. Possibly searching for a heartless in the woods that had been causing extreme weather conditions.

But Hans is in Arrendale, if I remember correctly. 

I think that Anna would be the party member. She's searching for her sister, and joins Sora, Donald and Goofy to look for her. Her weapon could be throwing snowballs.

At the end of the world, she's frozen, and you have to fight Hans. Elsa says "I'll fight too!" and so she joins your party for that battle. 

The second visit, she could be the permanent party member. Possibly searching for a heartless in the woods that had been causing extreme weather conditions.

Both Anna and Hans could work, depending on where they want the story to go.

Hans goes with the guards to subdue Elsa, so he could work as a party member. If Sora arrives after Elsa and Anna have left Arendelle, Sora would likely go with the guards and Hans. Hans, at this point, thinks that Anna was hurt by Elsa, and the entire town thinks that Elsa is evil. So Sora would easily be tricked into thinking that Elsa is his enemy and side with Hans.

I don't doubt that Frozen will be in a KH game with all the hype it has, but I wonder if the team had the movies finalized before Frozen was released in Japan or not.  I suppose we'll see.  I like this story idea, though.  I don't think we've had a final boss involve protecting someone, too.  If the boss is challenging it could be a tough battle.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to rant a tiny bit about Sora and snow.  It would be nice if this world was Sora's first encounter with snow, but this was actually in Mulan's world.  It still bugs me that he had zero reaction to snow whatsoever.  He grew up on a tropical island and had no way of knowing what snow is.  You would think he would show some reaction, but no.  Completely uncaring.  It just seems so unrealistic to me. [/smallrant]

Edited by Oishii