Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Is the kingdom key and the kingdom key D different from other keyblades?

I just had this thought that popped into my head and this is what it said according to the title. I think that they might be a little special because both of the keyblades look like an actual key. The only differences with them is that the kingdom key came from the realm of light and the kingdom key D is from the realm of light. The kingdom key even shows up on the X-blade. The X-blade has two kingdom keys intersecting each other and some said that the kingdom key can actually chose what person it wants to be with. I'm not sure if the kingdom key D can do the same thing of not. It makes my wonder why the kingdom key and the kingdom key D look identical to each other, besides the colors on both of them. The question that I should ask is, "Are the kingdom key and the kingdom key D connected?"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Zeldablade7

I think the reason they are identical is that, by the time of Kingdom Hearts I, two keys, one from the realm of light (hence Kingdom Key) and one from the realm of Darkness (hence Kingdom Key D, where the D refers to Darkness), were needed to close one door from both sides. They are totally identical, save for their colours: one is the reverse of the other, referring to how Light and Darkness are in contrast. In my opinion, they were meant to be identical because they shared the same task xD

Good question!!!! I never understood the reason why they are similar, and what purpose is there for them, AND why one of them is freom the realm of light and the other from the realm of darkness... Because, there are SO MANY other keybladesss... :S

Far as I was aware, the Kingdom Key AND Kingdom Key D can choose their wielder I guess based on great tasks they perform, the Kingdom Key chosen Sora when he showed the strength of his heart and all, and the Kingdom Key D chose Mickey during his untold story in the RoD that happened during the events of KH1.  Since they're meant to be mirrors of each other I would say their connected, their colouring even shows how they reflect each other, Sora's keyblade shaft is silver, guard is gold, keychain silver and rainguard is blue were Mickey's is gold, silver, gold and red respectively.  I think the X-blade only has 2 kingdom keys so if you get that at the end of KH3 presumably it still resembles your default weapon, like Aqua did with Rainfell at the start of BBS, getting a similar looking keyblade Stormfall at the end (as with Terra and Ven).  The other keyblades whether from the Realm of Light or Darkness seem to able to used based on the strength of your heart, but Mickey and Sora were Chosen.  Probably why Sora's so important.

Far as I was aware, the Kingdom Key AND Kingdom Key D can choose their wielder I guess based on great tasks they perform, the Kingdom Key chosen Sora when he showed the strength of his heart and all, and the Kingdom Key D chose Mickey during his untold story in the RoD that happened during the events of KH1.  Since they're meant to be mirrors of each other I would say their connected, their colouring even shows how they reflect each other, Sora's keyblade shaft is silver, guard is gold, keychain silver and rainguard is blue were Mickey's is gold, silver, gold and red respectively.  I think the X-blade only has 2 kingdom keys so if you get that at the end of KH3 presumably it still resembles your default weapon, like Aqua did with Rainfell at the start of BBS, getting a similar looking keyblade Stormfall at the end (as with Terra and Ven).  The other keyblades whether from the Realm of Light or Darkness seem to able to used based on the strength of your heart, but Mickey and Sora were Chosen.  Probably why Sora's so important.

Your and my repliy kinda make the answer, don't they xD

It just makes me wonder how the kingdom key, kingdom key D, and the X-blade will affect the upcoming keyblade war in kh3. It would be cool if Sora gets to wield the X-blade after you play and finish the story mode in kh3 or even in the final battles in kh3. xD

CRACK THEORY!!!

What if, the Kingdom Key is made of the original 7 lights, and the Kingdom Key D is made of the original 13 darkness?

not likely impossible.

So then Xehanort fails in his current plan, then finds a way to strip the Keyblades from both Sora and Mickey? It'd echo the first game again, except Mickey also would no longer have his Keyblade. Mix this with a way for Xehanort to trap all of the other Keyblade wielders somewhere (if Star Wars does make it in, freeze em in carbonite hehe), and that could be interesting.

The Kingdom Key L (As I call it) and Kingdom Key D are THE Keyblades of their respective realms. Light and Darkness are, after all, the dominant forms of power/magic/whatever in the KH universe. (And the FF universe, for that matter) They are what make the universe what it is. Of course they're connected and look the same, they're two sides of the same coin. Much like Light and Darkness.

The Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D are pretty much opposites, or rather mirror versions of the other. One for each realm, the reason why Mickey found the Kingdom Key D in the Realm of Darkness. As to what they are meant for, I'm not entirely sure.

Well, the Kingdom Key is from the Realm of Light and the Kingdom Key D is from the Realm of Darkness. That's really the only difference.

The X-Blade on the other hand may just be a coincidence but...maybe just maybe Nomura may do something with it... :/  

The two realms have two sets of Keys. Think of it like an Alternate Universe.You have Shard The Metal, a KH13 Member, in this Universe. And then you have Shard the Human, in an alternate universe.So, KK D, and KK are from two different Realms, each with their own set of Keyblades.