Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Favorite Game From Each System You Own?

What's your favorite video game on each system that you own? Downloaded games (Such as NES games on the Nintendo eShop or PS1 classics through PSN) can count for their original system, as well. So will playing older games on backwards-compatible systems. I'll start this off!

Remasters, ports, or remakes, however, do not count. Only games that are on this system originally count.

Handhelds

Gameboy- Pokemon Blue Version: I honestly don't have many options for Gameboy, so this isn't much of a competition. However, Pokemon's my second favorite game franchise ever, so this was obviously going to be my choice. This was the start of one of my favorite franchises ever, and while it has aged, I think it still holds up fairly well today. It's definitely a fun game, and an excellent start to a legendary franchise!

Gameboy Color- Pokemon Silver Version: This is by far my favorite Pokemon game, and one of my favorite games of all time. Everything about it is absolutely fantastic. I honestly have zero complaints about this game. It took the original Pokemon game, improved on EVERYTHING, and added in an insane amount of new content. This game is a fantastic example of how to do a sequel properly, and a perfect example of game design in general.

Gameboy Advance- Pokemon Emerald Version: While this one wasn't quite as good as Silver Version, it's definitely second place. The world in the game felt unique and alive, the Pokemon selection was fantastic, and it was overall a fun game. It also improved on the original Ruby and Sapphire, and the Battle Frontier was a nice addition to the Hoenn region.

Nintendo DS- The World Ends With You: You were expecting another Pokemon game, weren't you? While I did love the Pokemon DS games, TWEWY takes the cake for me. It used the DS hardware to its full potential, something I honestly believe no other DS game had done at that time, or even has done through the system's lifetime. The gameplay was solid, the story was fantastic, and all the characters are lovable in their own way. It's another game I have no complaints about.

Nintendo 3DS- Pokemon Y Version: I haven't played too many 3DS games, but this is definitely my favorite. Pokemon made a fantastic transition to 3D, and the new features were almost as good as the ones introduced in Generation II... Almost. My only complaint is that the post-game is severely short, unless you're interested in Pokedex completion or competitive battles. Nonetheless, it's a fantastic game.

PlayStation Portable- Dissidia 012: This is a really tough one between Dissidia and Birth by Sleep for me. However, given that I've spent nearly 300 hours in Dissidia, I'd probably have to go with that one. The fighting system is unique and a lot of fun, the characters are all varied, and the stages are all nice. The story mode dragged on, but the battle mode is what kept me coming to this game.

Consoles

NES- Mega Man 2: Part of me wants to tie this with Super Mario Bros 3, but I think that Mega Man 2's my favorite NES game. The level design is fantastic, the powers are all useful and fun to use, and the bosses are all cool. The soundtrack is fantastic, as well. My only issue is one of the bosses in Wily's Castle... Those who have played the game know what I mean.

SNES- Final Fantasy VI: This game is a shining example of how a traditional RPG should be. The gameplay is intuitive, in-depth, yet simple enough on the surface for a newcomer to understand, the story is beautifully written and emotional, and the characters are all diverse and interesting. I really have no complaints for this game. I honestly believe that it doesn't just hold up today, but is beyond the level of most modern games.

N64- Star Fox 64: I didn't grow up with a Nintendo 64, so I don't have a lot of special memories with one. As a result, a lot of the games feel clunky and awkward to me. However, one that I feel still plays well today is Star Fox 64. The controls are all fantastic, and the game's really fun. The difficulty really spikes up, but I still enjoy this game.

Gamecube- Mario Kart Double Dash: It's no secret that I love Mario Kart, and up until MK8, Double Dash was my favorite. The idea of teaming up two drivers in one kart was really fun, and I wish that other entries would at least dedicate a separate game-mode to this. The tracks were all nice, too.

Wii- Super Smash Bros Brawl: Brawl is my favorite Smash Bros game. It might not have been as competitive as Melee, but I don't care. What I really care about in a game is how much fun I have with it, and I've had a TON of fun with Brawl. Its roster and stage selection were superior to Melee's, and the battles felt more suited to chaotic four player bouts. My only issue is that story mode dragged on, like with Dissidia.

Wii U- Mario Kart 8: I feel as though Mario Kart 8 is the best game in the series. Sure, the Battle Mode might not be as good as usual, and the character selection's limited, but I've had a lot of fun with it so far.

PlayStation- Crash Bandicoot Warped: Up until very recently, my favorite game on the system was Chrono Cross. However, after getting to re-experience one of my favorite childhood games, I changed my mind. Crash Bandicoot was a worthy rival to Mario. The levels in this entry are all diverse, and an absolute blast to play. There's a lot of good humor in the game, as well.

PlayStation 2- Kingdom Hearts: The original Kingdom Hearts is not only my favorite PS2 game, but my favorite game of all time. This game has a magical feeling that's brought me back for more again and again. The gameplay feels a lot more strategic than future entries, and the story was simple, yet very, very effective.

PlayStation 3- Sly Cooper Thieves in Time: Sly Cooper is my all-time favorite PlayStation exclusive franchise. I waited years for news on Sly 4, and it finally released within the past few years. I just recently got it, and I started playing it a lot more yesterday, but I've been having a lot of fun with it. Despite having a new development studio, it feels just like the first three games. In fact, the writing, at times, feels even better than that of the PS2 trilogy. While Sly 2 has always been my favorite, Sly 4's a very close second so far. The humor is fantastic, the gameplay's as fun as ever, and it took a lot of interesting ideas from past entries and used them to their full potential.

PC- Half Life 2: The original Half Life completely changed my perception of the FPS genre a few years ago. I got Half Life 2 shortly after finishing the first, and it blew the first out of the water. Everything is improved upon. The physics are all nice, the AI's a lot better, and the weapon selection's a lot more fun. The story's also a lot better, as well. This is definitely my favorite PC game.

Wii u: New super Mario bros U.

PS3: Ratchet and Clank into the nexus.

PS2: Kingdom hearts 2.

Gameboy : Kingdom hearts CoM

3DS: Kingdom hearts 3D DDD.

PC: Minecraft.

I don't know about my other systems...

Well...3DS(only handheld left): Fire Emblem: AwakeningPS3: KHHD 1.5 (Haven't bought any game since)Wii: It's not a game itself but it's still very complete, Project M

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World 

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4 

PS4 - Not much but the one I play the most is NBA 2k14. So I guess it is that

PC - I don't own much but I have had the most fun with Star Wars Battlefront 2

That is all I got.

Edited by Skhyatze

Playstation 1 - Final Fantasy VII

Playstation 2 - Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

Playstation 3 - Persona 4 Arena

Playstation 4 - InFamous: Second Son

PSVita - Persona 4 Golden

Xbox 360 - Forza Horizon

GameBoy Color - Pokemon Yellow

GameBoy Advance - Pokemon LeafGreen

Nintendo DS (Includes Bulky DS, DS Lite, DS XL) - Pokemon Platinum

Nintendo 3DS - Bravely Default

Nintendo Wii - Sonic Colors

GameCube - Sonic Adventure 2

PC - Pokemon Ruby Destinies: Life of Guardians (Technically A Rom Hack but eh)

PSP - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

I think that's everything i own, i will go around Snooping and try uncover things :3

Edited by Scottish Skarmory

Here is my list of favorite video games from each system(Most of them are zelda games)

Wii U: Mario Kart 8

PS2: Kingdom Hearts 2

PS3: Naruto Storm 3

PSP: Kingdom hearts: Birth by Sleep

wii: The legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3ds: The legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

ds: The legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Nintendo 64: The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

SNES: The legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

PC: Minecraft

Gameboy Advanced: The legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Edited by Zeldablade7

Nintendo DS- The World Ends With You: You were expecting another Pokemon game, weren't you? While I did love the Pokemon DS games, TWEWY takes the cake for me. It used the DS hardware to its full potential, something I honestly believe no other DS game had done at that time, or even has done through the system's lifetime. The gameplay was solid, the story was fantastic, and all the characters are lovable in their own way. It's another game I have no complaints about.

AGREED.

Mine (there'll be a LOT less systems : D ) :

PS1: I need to say FFVII even though I haven't finished it yet. But I love the story this far, the music, and the world and some of the characters are interesting.

PS2: KH2. I like the story even though it was quite confusing at first, gameplay is fun and more fluent than in KH1.

PS3: FFXIII Lightning Returns. I love exploring the world and the freedom you have and the quests and stuff. The gameplay is better than in the previous titles in the XIII series in my opinion, and I like the story too even though I might prefer the stories from the two other games a bit.

DS: TWEWY. It has awesome gameplay, story, characters, visuals, music and they all fit perfectly together on an original way. It's not confusing, it can't be too hard or easy (at least not very easily) because it has so many different difficulties you can choose from and you can change it anytime. The gameplay is just so much fun and original.

3DS: KH3D It's actually the only 3DS game I've played D :

PSP: BBS. I LOVE BBS. It's my favorite KH game. I love melting commands, and the gameplay overall, there's just enough to do and just enough speed (like, KH1 is too slow for me and 3D too fast). Ven, Terra and Aqua are great characters and their story is wonderful and well thought It's such an important game in the series as well.

PS2 : Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

PS3 : Kingdom Hearts I.5 HD ReMIX

PSP : Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

DS   : Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

3DS : Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Gameboy: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories 

GBA: Spy Hunter- Retro game. I dunno it's quite addicting.

DS: Hmmm this one is tough. It's a tie between TWEWY and Re: Coded. TWEWY has fun gameplay, unique story, and awesome music. I wasn't expecting much when I started but I've clocked in so many hours on that game it's not even funny. Plus I liked the style the charcters were drawn in. Re:Coded is in this too because I honestly enjoy playing it. I like the idea of being in the computer grid and fighting bugs.

3DS: FF Theatrhythm- It's another addicting game that has great music. I'm not very much into the FF but enjoy the music so this was a nice middle point for me.

PSP: KH BbS- Great gameplay, characters, story....and just plain fun.

PS2: KH2- First KH game I ever played. It has an interesting combat system and the most immersive in regards to the worlds and characters in my opinion.

Wii: Epic Mickey- I wasn't really sure what to expect from this game but in the end it was fantastic. I'm an art nut so the steampunk view of the locations and characters fascinated me as well as the story. It felt like a clever concept with the paint brush and thinner to attack the ink blobs that threaten to completely destroy the world. I also enjoyed the fact they created a seperate world for characters that aren't used anymore or have been forgotten.

PC (or Mac in my case x'D): Another tie between BioShock Infinite and Portal. I had never played an FPS game until BioShock Infinite and it felt like an easy system to get used to. The story was absolutely mind boggling and unexpected, the art/graphics were fantastic, and the music was great. I say Portal as well because it makes you think in order to solve the floor puzzles and forces you to be creative with your solutions. Physics be darned. Plus the humor was hilarious.

game boy - pokemon sapphire 

DS - pokemon diamond

3ds - bravely default/ pokemon Y (close match)

pc - LoL (only game sooo yea)

ps2 - KH2

ps3 - assassin's creed revelations/3 (again close match)

ps4 - don't starve   (kh3 ONCE IT RELEASES) 

ONCE

Handhelds:

Gameboy: Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

DS: Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (what can i say, its a really good series)

3DS: The Legend of Zelda: a Link Between Worlds

Vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Sony Consoles:

PS1: Ape Escape

PS2: We Love Katamari

PS3: Burnout Paradise

PS4: Infamous Second Son

Nintendo consoles:

SNES: Kirby Superstar

N64: Super Mario 64

Gamecube: Paper Mario TTYD

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy

Wii U: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Microsoft consoles:

Xbox: Burnout 3: Takedown

Xbox 360: Rayman Legends

Sega consoles: 

Mega Drive: Sonic 2

Edited by darkerturbo

PSP: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (only have like 5 games on this system anyway, actually lost it for 2 years in my house without bothering to look for it)

N64: Banjo Kazooie (Only game I've played more recently on it so obviously OoT can't count, can't remember much from the one I had as a child just I owned OoT, Mario 64, 1080, Golden Eye and Banjo Kazooie then but I have vague memories of them)

DS: Phantom Hourglass or New Super Mario Bros.  

3DS: A Link between Worlds (Honestly though my favourite game on this system is OoT 3D)

PS3: Right now, Trine 2

PC: Sims 3 Late Night, love vampire babies, speedy learning

In honesty though I tend to prefer whatever it is I'm playing, same with movies, it's not really "my favourite" more of "my favourite at this moment in time".  

Edited by Caity Raindrop

NES - Super Mario Bros. 3

SNES - Zombies Ate My Neighbors

N64 - Banjo-Tooie

GCN - Resident Evil

Wii - Chocobo's Dungeon

GB - Tetris

GBC - Pokemon Crystal

GBA - Fire Emblem

DS - Pokemon White 2

3DS - Shovel Knight

Genesis / Mega Drive - Sonic the Hedgehog 2

PSX - Parasite Eve

PS2 - Digital Devil Saga

PSP - Lumines 2

360 - Catherine

PC - XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Edited by Jilly Shears

That's a firetrucking hard choice to make.

PS1 - Ape Escape (Runners-up being Metal Gear Solid and Crash Bandicoot)

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts (Runners-up being Ape Escape 2 & 3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and the Jak, Ratchet, and Sly Cooper series) 

PS3 - Favorite HD collection - KH 2.5 HD ReMix (Yeah, it's not out yet. Whatever.) - Favorite original game - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

PSP - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Runner-up being Daxter)

Nintendo Gamecube - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3 (Runner-up being Super Smash Bros: Melee)

Nintendo Wii - Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Runner-up being Punch-Out!!)

Nintendo DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Runners-up being the two KH games and the rest of the Ace Attorney series)

Xbox - Halo 2 (Runner-up being the original Halo)

Xbox 360 - Mass Effect (It was originally on 360, so it counts.)

PC - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, maybe. It was also on Xbox but whatever. (Runners-up being any Valve game.)

Edited by Kaweebo

3ds: Pokemon X

Dsi: Pokemon heartgold

Gameboy: Pokemon firered

Ps2: KH2

Ps3: The walking dead game

PsP: Birth By Sleep

xbox360: Modern warfare 3 

WiiU: (edit) Mario kart 8 

Wii: Super Smash bros brawl

Gamecube: Twilight princess

Nintendo 64: Majora's mask

Edited by RasendoriBlade

Nes: The Legend of Zelda

Snes: The Legend of Zelda A link to the past

N64: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Gamecube: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker

Wii: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Gameboy/Color : The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages

Gameboy Advance: The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap

DS: The Legend of Zelda Phantom hourglass

Sega Genesis: Sonic 3&K

Sega CD: Sonic CD

Sega Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure 2

Turbo graph 16:Castlevania Dracula X

Playstation: Tie between Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts 2

Playstation 3: Sonic Generations

PSP: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Wii U: So far its Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

PS2: KH2

PSP: KH BBS

NINTENDO 3DS: KH 3D

NINTENDO 64: PAPER MARIO

NINTENDO GAME CUBE: PAPER MARIO THOUSAND YEAR DOOR

WII: ZELDA SKYWARD SWORD

NINTENDO DS: POKEMON BLACK 2

PS3: AC 3

Wii: SSBB and Xenoblade Chronicles (I can't decide)

Gamecube: That I own: Kirby Air Ride. Overall: SSBM

GBA: Pokemon Emerald

DS: Mario And Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Playstation: Final Fantasy 7

Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts 2 (Oh my goodness I love that game!)

Playstation 3: (I don't have many) KH 1.5! Wait. No ports or remakes? P4A I guess?

PSP: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Genesis: Sonic 3 And Knuckles

N64: Super Smash Bros.

Atari 2600: Centipede maybe?

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure

PC: Cave Story

Gameboy : Super Mario Bros.

Gameboy Color : Pokemon Yellow

DS : TWEWY

PSP : Birth by Sleep

3DS : Dream Drop Distance

iOS app : Badlands

Sega Genesis : The Lion King

SNES : Mario Kart

Nintendo 64 : Super Mario 64

Gamecube : Spiderman 2

PS2 : Kingdom Hearts

PS3 : Bioshock Infinite

PC : Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons

Edited by Oishii

Lets see here

PS2: WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006

PS3: The Last Of Us

Nintendo DS:Dragon ball Z Supersonic Warriors 2

Gameboy advance: Dragon Ball Z The Legacy of Goku 2

PS1:Metal Gear Solid

Dreamcast : Sonic Adventure 2

Xbox : Halo 2

SNES : Super Mario World

Nintendo 64 : Mario Kart 64

Gamecube : Super Monkey ball 2

& PS Vita : The Walking Dead season 1

Game Boy Color: Pokémon Silver

Gameboy Advance: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

Nintendo DS: Pokémon SoulSilver

PS1: Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

PC: Minecraft

Mega Drive: Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure 2

Genesis - Golden Axe II

PS1 - Spyro: Year of the Dragon

PS2 - Persona 4

PS3 - Tales of Xillia

GC - Mario Kart Double Dash

Wii - Smash Bros. Brawl

360 - Tales of Vesperia

GBA - Pokemon Fire Red

DS - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

3DS - Fire Emblem Awakening

The no port/remake rule messed up my list, though. My favorite game is Tales of the Abyss, but I prefer the 3DS port and find P4 to be the superior PS2 game. I find Graces f to be more fun than Xillia, but it's a remake of Graces, originally on Wii.

Oh, this should be fun. 

N64: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Gamecube: Pikmin 2 or Metroid Prime. Can't decide.

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy

Wii U: Mario Kart 8

Playstation 2: Kingdom Hearts I

Playstation 3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves or Batman: Arkham City

GBA: Mother 3 

DS: Kirby Superstar Ultra

3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening. More of you need to play this game!