Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Raziel

GRAPHICALLY, will KH3 look exactly like THIS, will it look better, or worse?

56 members have voted

1. 1. How good will KINGDOM HEARTS 3's graphics be?

• I expect them to look about the same as the video!
    • I expect them to be worse than the video; not this good!!
    • I think the graphics will look much better than in this video!!!

This one is hard to answer. That KH3D intro is a fully rendered CGI cutscene. The game wont be running in CGI all the time, it will have its own engine. The graphics might look like that but its highly unlikely. Keep in mind the PS4 and XB1 only have a Radeon 7000 series GPU which now is considered a low end GPU, but was a mid range GPU back in 2012. I would say the graphics will look alot better than the trailers we have been seeing but not as good as the KH3D intro. No way its going to be rendering in CGI during the whole game

Well i think...that the graphics will look about the same as the KH DDD opening or KH3 trailers. But to in a way contradict myself, i think that the actual textures on the models and thingimabobs in the actual final product will look MUCH more polished and more appealing to look at. Looking at the KH3 trailers we've seen so far, the coloration of almost everything looks extremely airbrushed and like Raziel said, the metals look dull and monochrome. 

So...what i mean. is that i believe that KH3 will have the same look as in the trailers and in KHDDD's opening but will look A LOT more solid in terms of coloring and texture.

and there's also the kingdom shader...but whatever.

This one is hard to answer. That KH3D intro is a fully rendered CGI cutscene. The game wont be running in CGI all the time, it will have its own engine. The graphics might look like that but its highly unlikely. Keep in mind the PS4 and XB1 only have a Radeon 7000 series GPU which now is considered a low end GPU, but was a mid range GPU back in 2012. I would say the graphics will look alot better than the trailers we have been seeing but not as good as the KH3D intro. No way its going to be rendering in CGI during the whole game

Well and enough said!

For some of you saying it won't come close to the CGI rendering...lol

Clearly you don't realize what the Luminous Engine was built off of (Hedgehog Engine). The GI and Lighting in Hedgehog was great (Being compared to Pixar films) and now it's being taken a step further in Luminous. PS4 has capability of compute power (GPGPU) to render complex calculations( this can be particles, hair, weather effects). CPU is weak but I see they can utilize at least 4 core they can get definitely better AI from what we are used too.

Uncharted 4 if you seen that was running on a real PS4, think about that.

None the less they MIGHT have to tone down for terrible X One, but all will be forgiven if they think about releasing a PC version.

Edited by jadentheman

May I remind you and everyone that KH3 is a legendary title. Everything, including the graphics, will be the best the series has ever shown. KH3 in every aspect is going to blow every title up to it out of the water.

I think every fan in the world knew this lol.

Technically, not even close. But I guess people may like the look of the Kingdom shader(s) and artistic direction better or worse.

You can't say for certain because it's BEEN CONFIRMED by NOMURA that what we saw so far was "FAR" worse looking than what the graphics are going to look like in the final product. And those two trailers DO look pretty close to CGi; THE ONLY differences are the metals aren't shiny (YET), and it looks just A TAD more cartoony. The clothes themselves still look EXACTLY just as good, with no jaggies, etc.

AGAIN: We still have yet to see the final product. :/

Edited by Zola
Edited out rude part (Um, moron, you can't say shit for certain )

You can't say for certain because it's BEEN CONFIRMED by NOMURA that what we saw so far was "FAR" worse looking than what the graphics are going to look like in the final product. And those two trailers DO look pretty close to CGi; THE ONLY differences are the metals aren't shiny (YET), and it looks just A TAD more cartoony. The clothes themselves still look EXACTLY just as good, with no jaggies, etc.AGAIN: We still have yet to see the final product. :/

I wasn't comparing the footage from the trailers with the CGI, yet you give the impression I did. But now you mention it, it does look significantly worse than the CGI. Jaggies all over the place, Sora's zipper has just one edge (like two straigt parts connected in the middle), his clothes aren't animated as cloth or have a certain degree of physics applied to them, lighting is clearly less advanced, and the metal shaders are the least of my concerns. And yes, this build is obviously in early stages, so the final game will indeed look better.My point is, the visuals won't be as crisp, as detailed, as perfect, as CGI, that's just not possible on this generation. But that doesn't mean the game won't look pretty. I'm sure Nomura and the team will deliver a great experience, and great graphics to support that.

Edited by Zola
Edited out Raziels earlier rude post

I'm sure the PS 4 version will look amazing, but the Xbox One version proably will look worse out of the two...consider the Xbox has thus far been at a lower level than the PS 4 in terms of graphics.

KEEP IN MIND WHEN YOU ANSWER THIS: Nomura said that the graphics that we've seen so far in KH3's trailer #2 are, and I quote, "FAR from what we want to accomplish for the final product."

Thoughts?! I NEVER saw one of these threads before, surprisingly.

Guess it will be better. But not so much, graphic in KH is not that important since they focus more on the "Disney" style.

No it's gonna look like KH2.5 graphics, of corse the graphics are gonna go beyond a CGI intro on the 3DS .-.

Kingdom hearts 3 looks like a more cartoonish, brighter version of FFXV