Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

46 members have voted

1. 1. Graphic

• The New Kingdom Shader
    • Old Kingdom Hearts Graphics (1, Re: Com, 2)
    • Doesn't matter.

Do you like the New Kingdom Shader in Kingdom Hearts 3 or did you want that SE stayed with they're original grahics like in Kingdom Hearts 1, Re: Chain of Memories and 2. 

Have we seen the new Kingdom Shader in action yet? I'm pretty sure those trailers we got were just CG to show what gameplay may look like. I want to see real in-game footage before I judge it. 

I think the shader is a pretty cool idea, and makes traveling to the different worlds more unique in their own right. Sort of like how Sora had to change his looks in places like Halloweentown and Atlantica, only a lot more subtle. Besides, I think realistic graphics in a game about cartoons is somewhat silly.

It doesn't really matter to me. Besides, we haven't seen the final footage yet, wich will maybe look a lot different then what we have seen from KH3 untill now.

Have we seen the new Kingdom Shader in action yet? I'm pretty sure those trailers we got were just CG to show what gameplay may look like. I want to see real in-game footage before I judge it. 

Both the videos that have been released are showing in-engine gameplay. (they are still early versions though)

Edited by Nathan Hatton

Both the videos that have been released are showing in-engine gameplay. (they are still early versions though)

Has this been confirmed? I don't think that was in engine. I'm pretty sure it was a mock up.

Has this been confirmed? I don't think that was in engine. I'm pretty sure it was a mock up.

Well the HUD stuff were mockups in both, that's pretty obvious because nothing changes. As far as the actual things going on, it doesn't look like pre-rendered footage. The E3 video from last year looked may have been pre-rendered, but the second one definitely looks like actual in-engine stuff. 

I'm the sorta person who doesn't care about graphics. I judge games based on how fun they are, what the story is like, and if the gameplay is interesting.... Soooo yeahhh... I don't have much of a preference. 

Well the HUD stuff were mockups in both, that's pretty obvious because nothing changes. As far as the actual things going on, it doesn't look like pre-rendered footage. The E3 video from last year looked may have been pre-rendered, but the second one definitely looks like actual in-engine stuff. 

One thing changed; the face pics of Sora and your party members. In the first trailer they were just static pictures, but in the second one they literally became live moving avatars, which is a first in the series. It's so firetrucking cool! Re-watch if you haven't noticed

Yes, it has been confirmed. Nomura stated in an interview that the first trailer was CG, but the second trailer was actual gameplay in the engine that they will be using.

But he also said that the graphics are "FAR" from what they are going to accomplish in the end, which is extremely mind-blowing considering it already looks awesome. O_O

I'm too sleepy to try and find this interview, but I vividly remember reading this.

IMO the kingdom shader makes the game look the the cg cutscenes (if not in a themed world ?)which is how imagined kh3 would look all along so I'm completely satisfied, plus the game will only look better from here on in. Though I have heard people complaining already about the things which mean nothing to to the finished game like the HUD, character portraits, soras face looking weird, and the attacks looking stiff. But I'm not worried about any of that stuff

Edited by MasterWorlock

Do you like the New Kingdom Shader in Kingdom Hearts 3 or did you want that SE stayed with they're original grahics like in Kingdom Hearts 1, Re: Chain of Memories and 2. 

This one is better even if it's still in development. But I don't really care about the grafic, I know KHIII will be a flawless game.

Depends on how the shader works. Personally though, I just think it's a little weird that we have all the previous games have one graphical style and then change it at the last leg of the Xehanort saga instead of doing after KH3. I'm not gonna start a rally against it or anything however, I'm still interested to see it in the actual game