Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

How far do you think production of KH 3 is?

54 members have voted

1. 1. How much of KH 3 do you think is done?

• About halfway done
    • Completely done
    • They're almost done
    • It's not even close to finishing
    • They're a quarter done

I think they're a quarter of the way done. They have the gameplay, so now they have to balance it & fix some glitches but they still have to choose the other worlds and fix them. I think they're half-way done with the story since they're already doing the Japanese voice recording.

I'd say about a quarter done, optimistically. The gameplay and levels are still being worked on and refined, and concepts such as online play and other characters are still in the consideration stage. The story probably has the most progress put into it, but I wouldn't say it's past the half-way point. They may have started voice-acting too, but probably only for the parts of the story that they have finalized. Otherwise, I would say that it's still in it's early stages. The day where they show us more gameplay footage and cutscenes would be the day I say that the game is nearing finalization.

The fact that there is no additional news at E3 regarding KH III pretty much confirms my point. They don't have enough to actually wow us or intrigue us yet, in terms of visual stuff. All we can get is just a snippet of the overall 15-25% that they have completed. In the meantime though, we can still press them with questions about other things, such as if DDD will ever get some special treatment (doubtful I know, but somebody's going to ask it anyway, so may as well get a straight answer from Square themselves) or if Kingdom Hearts X (chi) will ever become available for English speaking residents. I would REALLY like that to happen, because the latest teaser sort of solidifies chi's connection to III, so to anybody in the states who's never even heard of chi, let alone played it, it's not going to make a lot of sense. Hopefully that's one of the questions that will be asked and answered at the Square Enix panel.

And hopefully that answer will be "Yes".

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

I'm thinking that it's at least halfway done and Square is just keeping everything under wraps to keep us, the fans, ever more excited!  Surely now their main priority is polishing the gameplay elements, choosing the worlds and making the character models and such, and I'm guessing that the story, voice recording and music are left for last.  Wow, I'm so psyched for Kingdom Hearts 3 right now!!!! :D

I think they're a quarter of the way done. They have the gameplay, so now they have to balance it & fix some glitches but they still have to choose the other worlds and fix them. I think they're half-way done with the story since they're already doing the Japanese voice recording.

Guess now they're halfway done, maybe they've chosen the worlds and plot is still in development...

Not even a quarter of the way finished. All we have seen so far is work in progress gameplay which will 100% be changed. KH3 was announced last year at E3; who knows how long it has been in production. It wont be completed until late 2015 in my opinion, and thats the JAPANESE version. english version will come in 2016

Not even a quarter of the way finished. All we have seen so far is work in progress gameplay which will 100% be changed. KH3 was announced last year at E3; who knows how long it has been in production. It wont be completed until late 2015 in my opinion, and thats the JAPANESE version. english version will come in 2016

I don't think late 2015 anymore even for the japanese version.

Or they would have shown something at the e3.

Optimistically: A quarter-way done.

Realistically: Not even close.

Nomura said that the game just, doesn't even begin to meet his standards yet and even if they did it would still take a while to actually make the game engine and stuff and go over the story making sure that also meets his standards and then making the game around the story and all of that good jazz and it just takes forever!

It's going to be a LONG wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 so be prepared. :/