Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SwanDive

Should Nintendo replace the Wii U gamepad with a basic controller?

Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nintendo drop the Wii U gamepad in favor of a basic controller?

This is something that has been on my mind for a while now. With the average sales that the Wii U has, would replacing the Wii U gamepad with a basic controller like the pro or Gamecube style controller help the system sell? The system is currently sold at $300, but if a basic controller is substituted then I assume the price of the Wii U would fall to about $250. What are your thoughts about this?

No,the gamepad is pretty much like the DS3DS two screens,I got used to it in no time and the Off-TV feature was actually really cool cuz I can actually take my Wii U and play it everywhere without worring about having a TV heck I once tried to bring my Wii U to college during the break between lectures and it worked well

Nope. I mean sure I love having the option of the Pro Controller and I've been using it constantly for Mario Kart 8 but, I love the GamePad and can't imagine the system without it.

It's a really great controller and I'd be disappointed if it was dropped by Nintendo in favour of the "traditional" controller that Sony and Microsoft use.

Wii-U is failed innovation, I never liked Nintendo beyond the DS, and still play it's few games they haven't killed with "quote, unquote"  "NEW" Installments. The Wii had a good Idea, so did the keneckt honestly, but it took a few years to see that motion control was not the future of gaming, So now they are going back with a (for lack of a better word) Gimmick that is the Wii-U. Games that are better on the DS, and other consoles, moved onto an over sized handheld... that needs a console. They can make a gimmick that's fine, take the touch pad on the PS4 for example, but it was way too risky to base a whole console on it, and i think it shows 

I enjoy the Wii U's gamepad second screen, it let's me have the ability to play a Wii U game on the gamepad screen and watch TV at the same time. That is what is part of what makes the Wii U great, and I just don't want that to be taken away by a regular controller.

No,I like the Wii U gamepad and pretty useful in games like Wind Waker HD and it will allow us to play DS games on a big screen pretty soon which is awesome

No. A lot of games use the Gamepad for some other feature, and it's honestly a really cool controller.

It's basically a tablet. And the funny thing is half of the people that use it would never play games on tablets I bet.

Last time I checked, I can't play anything like Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, or Smash Bros on a tablet. The Gamepad is made for gaming, tablets are not.

No. A lot of games use the Gamepad for some other feature, and it's honestly a really cool controller.

Last time I checked, I can't play anything like Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, or Smash Bros on a tablet. The Gamepad is made for gaming, tablets are not.

That's only because Nintendo won't release their games for them. But oh look, PlayStation Now. You'll be able to play PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 games on your tablet. Tokyo Game Show is full of mobile games now.

That's only because Nintendo won't release their games for them. But oh look, PlayStation Now. You'll be able to play PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 games on your tablet. Tokyo Game Show is full of mobile games now.

I'd much rather play games on a real console than blow more money on a tablet to play games I could easily play on some other format, especially when most tablet/phone games are dinky cash-ins. Not to mention that I hate on-screen controls.

I'd much rather play games on a real console than blow more money on a tablet to play games I could easily play on some other format, especially when most tablet/phone games are dinky cash-ins. Not to mention that I hate on-screen controls.

Tablets do more than play games. Lol. PSOne, PS2 and PS3 games aren't "dinky". And it's up to developers. Someone could develop a Wii U level game for tablets if they wanted too, and it might even sell better in that case. Not saying you should buy a tablet to play games, but simply the Gamepad is pretty much a tablet. A tablet can do all that and more. All handhelds have touchscreen controls, and you can always use a controller for tablet and smartphone games. One that'll even improve battery life.

Tablets do more than play games. Lol. PSOne, PS2 and PS3 games aren't "dinky". And it's up to developers. Someone could develop a Wii U level game for tablets if they wanted too, and it might even sell better in that case. Not saying you should buy a tablet to play games, but simply the Gamepad is pretty much a tablet. A tablet can do all that and more. All handhelds have touchscreen controls, and you can always use a controller for tablet and smartphone games. One that'll even improve battery life.

I wasn't calling the PS games dinky, I was calling mobile games dinky. Last time I checked, Angry Birds isn't a gaming masterpiece. And handhelds still have buttions, which are usually used way better anyways.

I wasn't calling the PS games dinky, I was calling mobile games dinky. Last time I checked, Angry Birds isn't a gaming masterpiece. And handhelds still have buttions, which are usually used way better anyways.

That's up to developers. I'm sure there's plenty of "dinky" games on the Wii Shop Channel. I don't call anything a masterpiece. Again, smartphones and tablets have buttons too, and more can be added. I've literally got buttons on my smartphone I can use when playing FINAL FANTASY III and IV.

That's up to developers. I'm sure there's plenty of "dinky" games on the Wii Shop Channel. I don't call anything a masterpiece. Again, smartphones and tablets have buttons too, and more can be added. I've literally got buttons on my smartphone I can use when playing FINAL FANTASY III and IV.

There are dinky games, but plenty of good ones too. I don't care for mobile games.

No. Most people who even say the gamepad is "bad" or is "gimmecky" havent even tooken the time to play with the gamepad. Its comfertable, its uniqe, and yknow what? sometimes, I don't feel like getting behined my tv, changing the hdmi from my PS3 to my Wii U, so I can just grab the gamepad, and game on that. so there. I said it. gamepad rocks. point 1 for lazyness.

No. Most people who even say the gamepad is "bad" or is "gimmecky" havent even tooken the time to play with the gamepad. Its comfertable, its uniqe, and yknow what? sometimes, I don't feel like getting behined my tv, changing the hdmi from my PS3 to my Wii U, so I can just grab the gamepad, and game on that. so there. I said it. gamepad rocks. point 1 for lazyness.

Ever hear of getting more HDMI ports?

I simply don't use the TV when my folks are sleeping. Very convenient when you can plug your headphones on, sit on your bed and play.