Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)

Interesting.  Another Dragon Ball game. You know, the Dragon Ball game I loved the most was Budokai Tenkaichi 3.  Now those were some good times right there! :)  I wonder if this game will be as good? :3

Look at the information that has been released so far. This game is being made by Dimps, the same developer that created the Budokai series and the game DragonBall Z: Burst Limit. I personally have high hopes for it, and I'm sure you will too.

BREAKING NEWS!!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/06/19/initial-dragon-ball-xenoverse-details-august-2014-v-jump/

We got a brand new scan for DragonBall: Xenoverse! Details are sketchy but basically what the guys at Kazenshuu are saying are: the new character is a time traveler and even though we're getting a look at this face, his backgroud is still unknown. My money is still on it being a Created Character. We also get to see Trunks who appears to be working with the Future Warrior, as he is being dubbed, as they are basically going into the collective past of Dragon Ball in using what is called a "Time Storage Vault". The objective of all this is still unknown, but there's hints that the original storyline of the manga/anime will be changed.

I still can't believe that after all this time, they STILL haven't made a really good DBZ fighting game. Even Budokai Tenkaichi 3 wasn't anything spectacular.

Xenoverse has potential to be a very good game based off the information we've received so far, first off.

Secondly, there have been several good DragonBall Z fighting games, some that most people will not even give credit for, and some that don't even belong to the Budokai and BT series. I don't understand why you'd think that.

Xenoverse has potential to be a very good game based off the information we've received so far, first off.

Secondly, there have been several good DragonBall Z fighting games, some that most people will not even give credit for, and some that don't even belong to the Budokai and BT series. I don't understand why you'd think that.

Never said none were 'good', but in all these years, I've never seen a DBZ game really break the mold and turn into something truly great. Think of it like Batman: Arkham Asylum, which completely changed what made a 'good' comic book superhero game and has had several games try to rip it off. Or, to use a better example, Super Smash, which is in it's own league of fighting games and really only one has rip-off. (That didn't even rip it off correctly.)

DBZ games, while some are better than others, never quite hit the mark for me. Especially in it's own most recent attempts.

Never said none were 'good', but in all these years, I've never seen a DBZ game really break the mold and turn into something truly great. Think of it like Batman: Arkham Asylum, which completely changed what made a 'good' comic book superhero game and has had several games try to rip it off. Or, to use a better example, Super Smash, which is in it's own league of fighting games and really only one has rip-off. (That didn't even rip it off correctly.)

DBZ games, while some are better than others, never quite hit the mark for me. Especially in it's own most recent attempts.

What do you mean "break the mold"? Are you saying we need something revolutionary in order for you have interest in the games? Because in full honesty, we don't need something revolutionary. We just need something that's new and something that's enjoyable to play as well as experience the fun of watching the show and reading the manga. And the way Xenoverse is going about it with its fast paced gameplay similar to the Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games as well as some new mechanics seemingly being thrown into the mix, all sings point to that possibility.

What do you mean "break the mold"? Are you saying we need something revolutionary in order for you have interest in the games? Because in full honesty, we don't need something revolutionary. We just need something that's new and something that's enjoyable to play as well as experience the fun of watching the show and reading the manga. And the way Xenoverse is going about it with its fast paced gameplay similar to the Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games as well as some new mechanics seemingly being thrown into the mix, all sings point to that possibility.

That is not what I said at all. I'm saying in the 20 or so incarnations of DBZ fighting games that have been released over the years, I'm surprised we haven't seen something that's truly something else. It's all the same. Of course I'm not saying we need something revolutionary in order for me to have interest, I'm saying it's a little disappointing that they've made so many of these games and yet none of them have really broken the bar. At best, they've been fun, which is fine in it's own right yet after 20 other tries, seems a little underwhelming.

Edited by Kaweebo

That is not what I said at all. I'm saying in the 20 or so incarnations of DBZ fighting games that have been released over the years, I'm surprised we haven't seen something that's truly something else. It's all the same. Of course I'm not saying we need something revolutionary in order for me to have interest, I'm saying it's a little disappointing that they've made so many of these games and yet none of them have really broken the bar. At best, they've been fun, which is fine in it's own right yet after 20 other tries, seems a little underwhelming.

Alright, I can understand where you're coming from now. And to be completely honest, I myself have been waiting for an brand new formula to be used in a DragonBall Z game that doesn't focus on making a good DBZ fighting game necessary but just making a game that best simulates the enjoyment of the series in video game form. However, I still believe that the standard set in the early games, like that of Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi, can still be tweaked or perfected in order to create a better experience in DragonBall gaming overall, and a majority of the fanbase agrees with me on that. Xenoverse is a good example: the same company that created the Budokai series, Dimps, is the developer in charge of this game and based on what we've seen so far, they are taking their formula, the Budokai formula, and turning it into something that resembles other DragonBall game mechanics but also breathes new life into their own and creates a complex new idea from it entirely. At least, that's what it seems to be like at this point, and that's why I have such high hopes for this game.

That's does not include the game he was talking about. He was talking about Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The Budokai HD Collection only contains Budokai 1 and Budokai 3. If you haven't noticed based on the conversations we've had, Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi are their own seperate franchises, despite the fact that they both have "Budokai" in their titles. Even so, they're completely different.

That's does not include the game he was talking about. He was talking about Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The Budokai HD Collection only contains Budokai 1 and Budokai 3. If you haven't noticed based on the conversations we've had, Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi are their own seperate franchises, despite the fact that they both have "Budokai" in their titles. Even so, they're completely different.

This^ 

I loved BT3 because of it's graphics, gameplay and amazing roster of characters, story was pretty good too. And they could even throw in online since the Wii version had it.

A brand new scan of Dragon Ball Xenoverse has been released! This one shows Future Trunks in his Dragon Ball OnlinePosted Image black outfit (in which he is referred to as Time Patrol Trunks) along with the face of the red-haired mystery man. By the looks of it, the mystery man will go back in time and re-lives past events in the Dragon Ball world. Young Gohan and Piccolo, Goku vs Gero, and Guldo vs Krillen is shown. In the Guldo vs Krillen screenshot within the scan, it seems like the mystery man and Captain Ginyu are also shown, although it’s a bit low quality to tell for sure.

Posted Image

Source: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/06/dragon-ball-xenoverse-future-trunks-and-the-mystery-man-face-revealed/

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/06/23/dragon-ball-xenoverse-shows-new-characters-scouter-feature-screenshots/

^ New screenshots for the game depicting the Mysterious Boy, Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, and more! It also shows off some Scouter features.

Due to there being too many images for me to post, I'll only post half of them. All the other shots can still be viewed by clicking the link above.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Firaga Sensei

YouTuber wajinshu has uploaded videos from Japan Expo 2014 showcasing tech demos from DragonBall: Xenoverse!

Bear in mind that the game being shown is indeed a tech demo and is still in pre-alpha stages, so don't expect the game to be at its full potential.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

BREAKING NEWS!

At Japan Expo 2014, it was revealed that the game will feature yet ANOTHER mysterious warrior! Due to the little info. given and the language barrier, it is unknown what the intentions of this warrior are or even what he looks like. Fans have speculated that he may also be a new God Of Destruction, which given his attire, may not be that farfetched. Anyways, here's the video!

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/07/08/dragon-ball-xenoverse-interview-masayuki-hirano-hints-gt-movie-characters/

An interview with game developer Masayuki Hirano has hinted that characters from DragonBall GT and the DragonBall Z movie franchise will be in the game.

Even though GT should never touch another DragonBall game AGAIN. EVER.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/07/15/dragon-ball-xenoverse-new-interview-brings-forward-details/

An interview with the game's developers, done by well known DragonBall fan and creator of the Raging Blast 3 project Treevax, has revealed some new information about the game. Here are some interesting tidbits:

- There will be no QTE’s in battle, so the fighting is all real time.

- Like any real fighter you’ll be able to link together your own combos.

- There will be cancels for special attacks.

- The game has been in development for two and a half years, so the mechanics and style of Battle of Z has nothing to do with this title.

- There will be 1 vs 1, however you’ll also be able to have teammates join the battle.

- The story mode will be called “Universe Mode”

- The game’s combo system is loosely similar to the Storm franchise. It is unclear if there is more than one button for combos however you’ll be able to use the analog stick to change your combos up, and you’ll also be able to cancel info different combos.

For more info, check out the link and watch the full interview.
Edited by Firaga Sensei

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/07/15/dragon-ball-xenoverse-new-interview-brings-forward-details/

An interview with the game's developers, done by well known DragonBall fan and creator of the Raging Blast 3 project Treevax, has revealed some new information about the game. Here are some interesting tidbits:

- There will be no QTE’s in battle, so the fighting is all real time.

- Like any real fighter you’ll be able to link together your own combos.

- There will be cancels for special attacks.

- The game has been in development for two and a half years, so the mechanics and style of Battle of Z has nothing to do with this title.

- There will be 1 vs 1, however you’ll also be able to have teammates join the battle.

- The story mode will be called “Universe Mode”

- The game’s combo system is loosely similar to the Storm franchise. It is unclear if there is more than one button for combos however you’ll be able to use the analog stick to change your combos up, and you’ll also be able to cancel info different combos.

For more info, check out the link and watch the full interview.

Oh heck yes, this is going to be right down my alley. :D

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/07/18/dragon-ball-xenoverse-lq-v-jump-shows-future-warrior-super-saiyan-form/

A new scan has been released, showcasing the Mysterious Warrior turning Super Saiyan as well as various other little screenshots of the game that hint at the story mode having an open world-esque style.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I'm not excited, I really have no expectations for any dragon ball z game because none of them are drastically different. All of the 3d games play the same, and for the 2d games some of those are good, but again they are mostly something you just play because it has dbz characters in it. They all mostly have the same plot too, so there's nothing interesting on that side of things.

I'm not excited, I really have no expectations for any dragon ball z game because none of them are drastically different. All of the 3d games play the same, and for the 2d games some of those are good, but again they are mostly something you just play because it has dbz characters in it. They all mostly have the same plot too, so there's nothing interesting on that side of things.

Read the information that has been released and that I've been posting regarding the gameplay and story and then come back.

Edited by Firaga Sensei