Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)

Sorry but GT was requested by the GT fans so DIMPS gave them what they wanted.

Also, Majin Vegeta can't be in the game because of the story mode. 

GT has fans?!

Also why would story mode prevent Majin Vegeta from being a playable character? The game bends the rules with time travel all the time, it's kind of built around that.

GT has fans?!

Also why would story mode prevent Majin Vegeta from being a playable character? The game bends the rules with time travel all the time, it's kind of built around that.

Because Majin Vegeta isn't part of an important event in DragonBall history that could seriously mess up the timeline if altered.

He fought Goku so that Buu could be unsealed and then he blew himself up. A) Why would Towa and Mira visit the event where he unseals Buu if they can just to skip to Buu already free from his seal, B) Vegeta blowing up Buu doesn't actually do anything to stop Buu and C) Towa had a vendetta against Buu and wanted him dead so the only logical event to visit would be an event where Buu could actually stay dead, i.e. SSJ3 Goku.

Also, Majin Vegeta is a character controlled by Babadi... and Towa has powers that control other people too... redundant much? :/

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Because Majin Vegeta isn't part of an important event in DragonBall history that could seriously mess up the timeline if altered.

He fought Goku so that Buu could be unsealed and then he blew himself up. A) Why would Towa and Mira visit the event where he unseals Buu if they can just to skip to Buu already free from his seal, B) Vegeta blowing up Buu doesn't actually do anything to stop Buu and C) Towa had a vendetta against Buu and wanted him dead so the only logical event to visit would be an event where Buu could actually stay dead, i.e. SSJ3 Goku.

Also, Majin Vegeta is a character controlled by Babadi... and Towa has powers that control other people too... redundant much? :/

Okay, but so what? You don't need a story reason to toss in something cool that fans like- just look at all the GT stuff, like how we got to preorder SSJ4 Vegeta for no story reason whatsoever. Xenoverse is a game pretty much built around cameos and references, so why not have a fan favorite?

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

Okay, but so what? You don't need a story reason to toss in something cool that fans like- just look at all the GT stuff, like how we got to preorder SSJ4 Vegeta for no story reason whatsoever. Xenoverse is a game pretty much built around cameos and references, so why not have a fan favorite?

That's just how it is. The story mode revolves around important events. 

Also, again, GT is pretty much the epitome of the extra content in the game, sans Bardock (and SSJ Bardock) because of his story and Broly because... Broly... and yeah, that's pretty much it. Also, SSJ4 Vegeta IS technically part of the story. He's in the story mode missions for the next GT pack.

Frankly, we have enough "extra" content as it is and don't really have a right to complain.

That's just how it is. The story mode revolves around important events. 

Also, again, GT is pretty much the epitome of the extra content in the game, sans Bardock (and SSJ Bardock) because of his story and Broly because... Broly... and yeah, that's pretty much it. Also, SSJ4 Vegeta IS technically part of the story. He's in the story mode missions for the next GT pack.

Frankly, we have enough "extra" content as it is and don't really have a right to complain.

I'm not complaining, I just think having a form of a character from the series the main game is based on would be nice. I'm still happy with the game, and despite my distaste for GT, I'm glad they're releasing tons of extra content. I don't see what's so wrong about wanting the extra content to be something I think is cool.  :/

I'm not complaining, I just think having a form of a character from the series the main game is based on would be nice. I'm still happy with the game, and despite my distaste for GT, I'm glad they're releasing tons of extra content. I don't see what's so wrong about wanting the extra content to be something I think is cool.  :/

There's nothing wrong with it, but you have to understand that we can't always get what we want. We don't really deserve what we want considering how horrible most of our fans are, which is sad, but true. :/ Besides, I think its been made abundantly clear over the past few DragonBall "games" that we should be focusing on the games actually being good and fun to play instead of whatever process went into making stuff like Ultimate Tenkachi and Battle of Z.

There's nothing wrong with it, but you have to understand that we can't always get what we want. We don't really deserve what we want considering how horrible most of our fans are, which is sad, but true. :/ Besides, I think its been made abundantly clear over the past few DragonBall "games" that we should be focusing on the games actually being good and fun to play instead of whatever process went into making stuff like Ultimate Tenkachi and Battle of Z.

Ugh, dude, I'm not expecting to get everything I want. It's not like I believe my random posts on a Kingdom Hearts website will affect a Dragon Ball video game in any shape or form, I'm just shooting the shit about a cool game I like and what I'd like from it.

(Also that's a hell of a statement, to say I don't "deserve" what I want because unrelated people are dicks.)

Ugh, dude, I'm not expecting to get everything I want. It's not like I believe my random posts on a Kingdom Hearts website will affect a Dragon Ball video game in any shape or form, I'm just shooting the shit about a cool game I like and what I'd like from it.

(Also that's a hell of a statement, to say I don't "deserve" what I want because unrelated people are dicks.)

I'm just saying, that's what our fanbase has become: Self-entitlement. :/ I'm not saying you deserve what you want, but everybody else being self-entitled does sort of ruin it for everybody else.

I disagree actually, if they throw in vegito, who actually would have made sense to have in story seeing as he is the strongest character in the entire series sans god characters, it would have made sense to have towa want to drain energy from his fight with buuhan, also another one of the strongest characters not including God characters. And you're going to throw in super non canon trash such as SSJ bardock, then I don't see why you wouldn't throw in vegeta at one of his greatest moments in the series. Besides towa could easily have siphoned off the power from the Majin vegeta goku fight, she wouldn't have to control anyone, and if anything, her methodology is already wack what with going to goku when he only had a power level of around 400, when she could have just gone straight to him going SSJ or go straight to the buu fight where she could not only see buu get killed but also absorb power from the spirit bomb, if she is capable of doing that. Overall, the game put more effort into the frieza saga than the others, I'm not complaining about the story, just the lack of characters that we would have had if the story was expanded.

I disagree actually, if they throw in vegito, who actually would have made sense to have in story seeing as he is the strongest character in the entire series sans god characters, it would have made sense to have towa want to drain energy from his fight with buuhan, also another one of the strongest characters not including God characters. And you're going to throw in super non canon trash such as SSJ bardock, then I don't see why you wouldn't throw in vegeta at one of his greatest moments in the series. Besides towa could easily have siphoned off the power from the Majin vegeta goku fight, she wouldn't have to control anyone, and if anything, her methodology is already wack what with going to goku when he only had a power level of around 400, when she could have just gone straight to him going SSJ or go straight to the buu fight where she could not only see buu get killed but also absorb power from the spirit bomb, if she is capable of doing that. Overall, the game put more effort into the frieza saga than the others, I'm not complaining about the story, just the lack of characters that we would have had if the story was expanded.

All of that is negated by the fact that Super Buu was immediately transformed into Kid Buu as well as the fact that again, Towa had a vendetta against Buu in the first place. No giving energy to Majin Vegeta to help Buu become stronger, and no Vegito without Buuhan or even Buutenks because it would have been too much for Super Buu to handle, and again, the idea is to go to events that have significant impact on the storyline. No signficance = not in the story mode. Period.

Also, SSJ Bardock isn't based off Episode of Bardock obviously. They just gave Bardock a SSJ form because we all know we wanted that. Especially since his first two appearances in DragonBall games we're handled so poorly.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

All of that is negated by the fact that Super Buu was immediately transformed into Kid Buu as well as the fact that again, Towa had a vendetta against Buu in the first place. No giving energy to Majin Vegeta to help Buu become stronger, and no Vegito without Buuhan or even Buutenks because it would have been too much for Super Buu to handle, and again, the idea is to go to events that have significant impact on the storyline. No signficance = not in the story mode. Period. Also, SSJ Bardock isn't based off Episode of Bardock obviously. They just gave Bardock a SSJ form because we all know we wanted that. Especially since his first two appearances in DragonBall games we're handled so poorly.

All of that is negated by the fact that Super Buu was immediately transformed into Kid Buu as well as the fact that again, Towa had a vendetta against Buu in the first place. No giving energy to Majin Vegeta to help Buu become stronger, and no Vegito without Buuhan or even Buutenks because it would have been too much for Super Buu to handle, and again, the idea is to go to events that have significant impact on the storyline. No signficance = not in the story mode. Period. Also, SSJ Bardock isn't based off Episode of Bardock obviously. They just gave Bardock a SSJ form because we all know we wanted that. Especially since his first two appearances in DragonBall games we're handled so poorly.

Now you're just argueing against yourself, we got SSJ bardock because "we wanted it" nobody asked for that, any self respecting DBZ fan would know that bardock going super saiyan after getting blown through some near death time vortex is fan fiction in a nutshell. Where as everyone who has ever reviewed this game on major websites has asked the question "where is Majin vegeta". So I'm going to break down all of the characters that we got simply because " we wanted it" SSJ4 goku, super 17, O. Shenron, Vegito, broly, Bardock. Would it have really have been so hard to put Majin vegeta, I mean for God sake they left us with appule. But honestly, bardock had bad appearances? Did you play shin budokai and another road?As for the story, you're arguement is inert as the battle between frieza and goku lasted only 5 mins, even though the anime would make us think otherwise, so the amount of time the battle goes on for doesn't mean crap it's about the power given off during that amount of time and vegito being one of the strongest characters would have given her energy in spades.As for towa collecting energy, she honestly doesn't even need to alter the timeline, babbadi was able to absorb energy just by characters fighting, towa can do the same thing since she is collecting the same thing as babbadi. feeding off of Majin vegeta and goku's fight would have killed two birds with one stone, siphoning off energy that would have gone to buu and collecting that energy for herself. Hell, if anything Dabura would come back to life if all went well.But seriously they give us a parallel quest involving vegito, it just wouldn't be that hard to make a quest where we fought on both sides of the Majin vegeta goku fight.

Now you're just argueing against yourself, we got SSJ bardock because "we wanted it" nobody asked for that, any self respecting DBZ fan would know that bardock going super saiyan after getting blown through some near death time vortex is fan fiction in a nutshell.As for the story, you're arguement is inert as the battle between frieza and goku lasted only 5 mins, even though the anime would make us think otherwise, so the amount of time the battle goes on for doesn't mean crap it's about the power given off during that amount of time and vegito being one of the strongest characters would have given her energy in spades.As for towa collecting energy, she honestly doesn't even need to alter the timeline, babbadi was able to absorb energy just by characters fighting, towa can do the same thing since she is collecting the same thing as babbadi. feeding off of Majin vegeta and goku's fight would have killed two birds with one stone, siphoning off energy that would have gone to buu and collecting that energy for herself. Hell, if anything Dabura would come back to life if all went well.

But seriously they give us a parallel quest involving vegito, it just wouldn't be that hard to make a quest where we fought on both sides of the Majin vegeta goku fight.

I just told you: SSJ Bardock is something we've wanted not because of Episode of Bardock, but because its Bardock going SSJ. It's like how we got SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly in Raging Blast 1 and 2. And just like those too, it makes it extra special because nobody expected him to be in the game at all.

You missed my entire point: Towa wanted to destroy Majin Buu. She can't do that if she ends up giving more energy to Buu by interfering in the Goku VS Majin Vegeta fight. Its unnecessary, and again, its not even an important battle. And again, Towa showed that she could make Super Buu to turn into Kid Buu right away. Why waste time going to the event where he was Buuhan and fought Vegito? Its much easier and more logical to speed up certain characters' levels of power i.e. allowing Frieza to go from his first restricted form straight to his true form.

It doesn't work like that either. The event of Majin Vegeta makes no sense in the confines of the storyline depicted in this game, at all. Vegito, in actuality, only barely qualifies.

I just told you: SSJ Bardock is something we've wanted not because of Episode of Bardock, but because its Bardock going SSJ. It's like how we got SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly in Raging Blast 1 and 2. And just like those too, it makes it extra special because nobody expected him to be in the game at all.You missed my entire point: Towa wanted to destroy Majin Buu. She can't do that if she ends up giving more energy to Buu by interfering in the Goku VS Majin Vegeta fight. Its unnecessary, and again, its not even an important battle. And again, Towa showed that she could make Super Buu to turn into Kid Buu right away. Why waste time going to the event where he was Buuhan and fought Vegito? Its much easier and more logical to speed up certain characters' levels of power i.e. allowing Frieza to go from his first restricted form straight to his true form.It doesn't work like that either. The event of Majin Vegeta makes no sense in the confines of the storyline depicted in this game, at all. Vegito, in actuality, only barely qualifies.

Sorry, but it coincides too much with episode of bardock so it's safe to assume that's where it came from, Atleast vegeta had potential within the actual manga to go to super saiyan 3 since he was in other world. Also, towa' methodology is already broken, by having frieza go straight to final form without drawing the battle out, there is the possibility of goku not going SSJ without witnessing krillin's death firsthand. That's already cutting into so much power that she could have absorbed. Towa's main objective is to gain power, killing buu was a bonus kill, if she really wanted him dead, she would have gone to. Vegito's battle and had him kill buuhan. If anything they could have made that an actual mission seeing as vegito killing buuhan would have killed everyone inside him and we would have to prevent that. Hell, she doesn't even need to do anything since it's all a part of history for him to die. Now if her main objective was indeed to kill buu, then yet again, her way of doing things is stupid seeing as she would have killed off the people that would one day release buu as early as the saiyan saga.But buuhan is stronger than kid buu, kid buu is just more dangerous because he doesn't give a shit. Goku was scared as shit fighting against buuhan even in ssj3, yet on Kai's world he went toe to toe with kid buu while in ssj3. Edited by outbackjim21

GT has fans?!

I happen to be one. The GT love is perfect. I shit you not the dlc would have been pointless without it to me.

I happen to be one. The GT love is perfect. I shit you not the dlc would have been pointless without it to me.

Ah, I'm just messing around, I know GT has its fans. I have no earthly idea why, but hey, you like what you like. :P

Ah, I'm just messing around, I know GT has its fans. I have no earthly idea why, but hey, you like what you like. :P

Because it's honestly enjoyable to watch? Glad to see GT is taking up the season pass content too. 

Because it's honestly enjoyable to watch? Glad to see GT is taking up the season pass content too. 

Eh, matter of opinion. GT is like the Star Wars prequels of Dragon Ball. It's got its supporters, and some of it really isn't too bad, but most fans just can't stand it, usually for good reasons.

I feel like this whole argument just spoiled a ton of story details... Maybe I should unfollow the thread until I can get the game.  :/

I'm feeling the same way; I still haven't finished the game so a lot of this is spoilers for me too. I wouldn't worry about it too much though; the story doesn't really matter in Xenoverse.

Hero and Mouse are right. "Spoilers" is a strong word. It's sort of hard to really spoil it considering that its not too hard to guess what happens. It is DragonBall after all.

Anyways, I'm ending the conversation, so you don't have to worry about it either way.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Spoilers or not, I get a feeling I should unfollow. I think I'm the only one here who doesn't have the game yet, and seeing people talk about it makes me want it even more, even though I don't have the money for it. Not to mention risk of future spoilers. So... Yeah. See you all when I get the game I guess.

Spoilers or not, I get a feeling I should unfollow. I think I'm the only one here who doesn't have the game yet, and seeing people talk about it makes me want it even more, even though I don't have the money for it. Not to mention risk of future spoilers. So... Yeah. See you all when I get the game I guess.

wait out for ps4 or xbox one though. The next gen versions are better. I've heard complaints about the current gen versions have lag and fram rate issues.

wait out for ps4 or xbox one though. The next gen versions are better. I've heard complaints about the current gen versions have lag and fram rate issues.

That'll be in a year or two. :/ I haven't heard issues with the game on PS3, so I'll probably just get it on there.

I know it's probably way too early for this, but the 2nd DLC got confirmed.

What do you guys think?

I already posted about this a while back.

EDIT: New details have been revealed about the second DLC pack: it will also include Gogeta's and Super 17's costumes, as well as new attacks such as Eis Shenron's Ice Claw and Pan's Young Woman Burst.

Posted Image

Edited by Firaga Sensei